PDA

View Full Version : Who rides dirt?

upshift
04-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Who all here actually rides dirtbikes when thay get a chance? I know this is mainly a sportbike community but I'm curious to see who gets out and hits the trails and/or the track from time to time.

Cutty72
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
if someone gives me a dirtbike... i will ride it.
mostly out at the lake cabins in the summer.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-10-2008, 07:14 PM
sometimes i ride in the dirt with my sport bike... but only when i run out of road.

Cutty72
04-10-2008, 07:20 PM
sometimes i ride in the dirt with my sport bike... but only when i run out of road.

truth.

Mr Lefty
04-10-2008, 07:27 PM
I may end up putting some decent dirt miles on my bike... come when I move to Colorado... a couple places I'm looking at run out of paved road a couple miles from the house... but those places also give me 3-36 acres of land... :idk:

Cutty72
04-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I may end up putting some decent dirt miles on my bike... come when I move to Colorado... a couple places I'm looking at run out of paved road a couple miles from the house... but those places also give me 3-36 acres of land... :idk:

Gravel roads aren't bad... unless there has recently been a lot of rain. :panic:

Mr Lefty
04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
these look like dirt... maybe they're gravel... :idk: the only view I have is google satilite

WARputer
04-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I just sold my Yamaha 225 3-wheeler & a Carter 12 HP go-cart ....guess I'm a non-dirt rider now.

felyn3
04-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I just got 2 dual sports last year and love them. There are a couple short trails and dirt roads here, but certainly not enough, and no "legal" off road areas to ride. Looks like I'll have to do some searching!

PiZdETS
04-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Dirt's for potatoes. Asphalt's for racing.

Rider
04-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I used to race dirt bikes. I gave it up a couple years ago dues to a nasty crash and my old age.

upshift
04-11-2008, 08:35 AM
I just sold my Yamaha 225 3-wheeler & a Carter 12 HP go-cart ....guess I'm a non-dirt rider now.

I've thought about selling mine but I forget how much fun it is when I go to the trails.

I just got 2 dual sports last year and love them. There are a couple short trails and dirt roads here, but certainly not enough, and no "legal" off road areas to ride. Looks like I'll have to do some searching!

Yeah just look around. Theres nothing like riding a long, winding trail. One of the trails at the riding park here can easily take 30+ minutes to go through unless you haul like we do :lol: I want to get a helmet cam and get some video when I ride it.

WARputer
04-11-2008, 08:52 AM
I've thought about selling mine but I forget how much fun it is when I go to the trails.

It was funny ...I put that 3 wheeler ad in the bike trader and had about 20+ calls in the first 2 days .....the guys were fighting over who would pay the most.

upshift
04-11-2008, 09:11 AM
It was funny ...I put that 3 wheeler ad in the bike trader and had about 20+ calls in the first 2 days .....the guys were fighting over who would pay the most.

I put mine in the ads and i get nothing :lol:

WARputer
04-11-2008, 09:13 AM
I put mine in the ads and i get nothing :lol:

Damn ?!:idk: U gotta find a cycle trader that has pics with the ad ....people usually see 3 wheels and go BONKERS .....since they're hard to find these days.

Trip
04-11-2008, 09:16 AM
I got the fiddy, but it's not much for dirt. I really want to get a big one after riding a buddy's 230, but that will have to wait til next year at least. Too much being spent on a house and wedding.

Katherine
04-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Had an old Kawi 2stroke and Yami 150 for a bit. Its fun but nothing compared to the street.

vabarber2
04-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Wish I had the dough to go dirt, but I just cant see paying that much for something I cant go from a to b on and with such a horible driving record I cant afford insurance on a dual sport and my Zuk!

dReWpY
04-11-2008, 04:06 PM
used to race quads, miss it alot

upshift
04-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Wish I had the dough to go dirt, but I just cant see paying that much for something I cant go from a to b on and with such a horible driving record I cant afford insurance on a dual sport and my Zuk!

I have been tossing around the idea of getting a dualsport recently. I think it would be cool to have one.

vabarber2
04-12-2008, 04:26 AM
I have been tossing around the idea of getting a dualsport recently. I think it would be cool to have one.
Yeah, they're cool, but it takes some getting used to sitting high and upright like that on the street. Plus the tires aren't as dirt friendly.

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 08:27 AM
I rode dirt when I was a kid... never was much of a rider though... much better on the street...

I'd like to get back into it though... I know of a cash money riding spot in OH... been going there since I was an infant... Just traded dirtbikes for jet skiis when I was like 12...

My next bike will be an SM most likely... would be nice to get an extra set of wheels, tires, and brakes to get dirty with...

dReWpY
04-12-2008, 12:34 PM
everyone is talking about how quick a streetbike is and :blah: but jump on a 420cc twostroke quad pushing 70+ hp on a 300# package :jd:, that'll make you wish for a greater life insurance policy fast

Cutty72
04-12-2008, 01:52 PM
everyone is talking about how quick a streetbike is and :blah: but jump on a 420cc twostroke quad pushing 70+ hp on a 300# package :jd:, that'll make you wish for a greater life insurance policy fast

and what quad is this???

the biggest 2 stroke quad I know of was the Banshee, and that was a 350.

dReWpY
04-12-2008, 02:34 PM
banshee that was bored out and stroked

Captain Morgan
04-12-2008, 04:27 PM
I haven't done much dirt riding, but would love to get a couple bikes, one for me, and a little fifty for my daughter when she gets bigger. :lol: Need a good place to ride, but tough to find legal places around here.

Cutty72
04-12-2008, 05:33 PM
i'm planning on getting a big bore 4x4 one of these years... the guys around here just kinda go where ever the mud is.

upshift
04-12-2008, 09:59 PM

I bet! My friend has a YZF400 thats been bored out and man that thing will make you watch the throttle. The back tire will dig through dirt like nothing.

Mr Lefty
04-13-2008, 05:51 PM
i'm planning on getting a big bore 4x4 one of these years... the guys around here just kinda go where ever the mud is.
just get a snowmachine... 4x4 is useless in all that snow... and you can ride the snow machine on the mud... :lol: seen it done... works better on water though

lauralynne
04-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Iv'e got a CRF150 that I ride when I can - but I suck at dirt and don't have a lot of time to drive all the way to the "local" dirt areas and then all the way home (2 ro so hours each way)

Katherine
04-14-2008, 09:16 AM

I see more and more of those each time I'm at the track. They look like a lot of fun. Which ones have you been looking at?

Cutty72
04-14-2008, 11:27 AM
just get a snowmachine... 4x4 is useless in all that snow... and you can ride the snow machine on the mud... :lol: seen it done... works better on water though

4x4 usless in snow? You ain't riding it right bitch.
That's like sayin your Yota is usless in snow! :lol:
Worst case, buy some tracks for it.

Buddy of mine is an Arctic Cat tech, got to test some tracks and the new 1000 quad.
Said the quad with the tracks was pulling out sleds that were getting stuck in the powder!

upshift
04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I see more and more of those each time I'm at the track. They look like a lot of fun. Which ones have you been looking at?

DRZ400 and another Suzuki one I cant remember. Theyre way too expensive for me even used they're like $5000.

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
4x4 usless in snow? You ain't riding it right bitch.
That's like sayin your Yota is usless in snow! :lol:
Worst case, buy some tracks for it.

Buddy of mine is an Arctic Cat tech, got to test some tracks and the new 1000 quad.
Said the quad with the tracks was pulling out sleds that were getting stuck in the powder!
I was talking about ATV's and in the deep snow you guys have yeah... my Yota would be have a hell of a time as it doesn't have the power to plow through that shit off road... now on trail runs with snow I'm good cause we don't usually have 2-3' of standing snow.

get a snowmachine and do 80 across all that open land...

Cutty72
04-14-2008, 06:17 PM
I was talking about ATV's and in the deep snow you guys have yeah... my Yota would be have a hell of a time as it doesn't have the power to plow through that shit off road... now on trail runs with snow I'm good cause we don't usually have 2-3' of standing snow.

get a snowmachine and do 80 across all that open land...

Still rather have a 4 wheeler...

Trust me, it's crazy what you can do with them.
I've seen a sport quad (450R suzuki) with skis and duals on the back out run a 600 sled.

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I like ATV's... just in your area I'd rather have a sled... in CO I think I'm gonna get a dirt bike... and maybe a ATV if I can swing it...

Captain Morgan
04-14-2008, 08:40 PM
I like ATV's... just in your area I'd rather have a sled... in CO I think I'm gonna get a dirt bike... and maybe a ATV if I can swing it...

I'd go with the ATV and spend the extra money on skis and tracks. Have a blast in the summer on 4 wheels and have a blast in the winter with a "sled" all while spending less than the cost of buying each.

Cutty72
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
I'd go with the ATV and spend the extra money on skis and tracks. Have a blast in the summer on 4 wheels and have a blast in the winter with a "sled" all while spending less than the cost of buying each.

Well... tracks get kinda spendy... but I do agree!

Quick281
04-16-2008, 01:00 AM
After discovering how much fun street bikes are, I am now looking into getting a used dirt bike after the summer is over. I figure GA is a good place to own one, and back country dirt trails have to be just as much fun if not more fun then street riding. Can't compare it to a track yet, but I am sure I will love that just as much.

OneSickPsycho
04-16-2008, 11:59 AM
DRZ400 and another Suzuki one I cant remember. Theyre way too expensive for me even used they're like $5000.

There's a guy on another forum selling a DRZ400 super moto for $3100... It's an '05.

LaFemmes
04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
It's been way to long since I have ridden dirt.

upshift
04-16-2008, 09:25 PM
There's a guy on another forum selling a DRZ400 super moto for $3100... It's an '05.

Right now Im looking for used ones at the stealerships so I can trade my dirtbike in on it. Thanks for the heads up tho.

OneSickPsycho
04-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Right now Im looking for used ones at the stealerships so I can trade my dirtbike in on it. Thanks for the heads up tho.

You'll get ass raped trading it in... Talk to the dealers, find out what they'll give you for trade, then mark it up $500 and put it on craigslist. You'll end up much better that way... plus you won't have to pay retarded setup fees and shit...

upshift
04-17-2008, 07:47 AM
You'll get ass raped trading it in... Talk to the dealers, find out what they'll give you for trade, then mark it up $500 and put it on craigslist. You'll end up much better that way... plus you won't have to pay retarded setup fees and shit...

Yeah tru dat. The Honda stealership here sales their new stuff for like $2k off msrp but sells their used stuff for like KBB +$2k anyways. They wanted as much for a used '05 CBR600 as they do for a new '08 CBR600.

OneSickPsycho
04-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah tru dat. The Honda stealership here sales their new stuff for like $2k off msrp but sells their used stuff for like KBB +$2k anyways. They wanted as much for a used '05 CBR600 as they do for a new '08 CBR600.

They do that so you have room to negotiate... What's terrible about that shit is the fact that they have room to negotiate off of MSRP... I was thinking about this the other day in the shower...

What if you opened a dealership that was more of a parts/accessories store... say, at The Gap. You make your money and stay alive off of parts/accessories... gear and whatnot... then you sell bikes for very little profit... People buying bikes for cheap, will spend the money they saved on bling, go fasts, and ass covers... If you could get the land and everything right on 129, you could very well have a fucking gold mine...

upshift
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
They do that so you have room to negotiate... What's terrible about that shit is the fact that they have room to negotiate off of MSRP... I was thinking about this the other day in the shower...

What if you opened a dealership that was more of a parts/accessories store... say, at The Gap. You make your money and stay alive off of parts/accessories... gear and whatnot... then you sell bikes for very little profit... People buying bikes for cheap, will spend the money they saved on bling, go fasts, and ass covers... If you could get the land and everything right on 129, you could very well have a fucking gold mine...

Thats not a bad idea. You could be walking into debt tho assuming everyone will want just gear and not very many motorcycles. I see your point tho.

The reason this stealership can sell for so low tho is because they sell like 20+bikes a week. Theyre the largest Honda powersports dealer in the U.S. No doubt the prices of their used bikes play a large role too.

fatburg
04-18-2008, 08:25 AM

I have a DRZ400S (street legal) set up for the dirt. I was thinking about getting rid of it until I just spent 4 days down in Arkansas tearing it up....AWESOME!!! 60mph down winding dirt roads, though some awesome single track, onto the highway, back onto trails. Man it was fricken great. A little heavy to throw around on the trail, but way fun.

You can pick up DRZ's around $3k if you keep an eye out. The KTM's are too damn pricey.

rider76
05-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Been thinking about getting a dual sport bike, might move to colorado. I have been told there are plenty of places to ride there.

fatburg
06-03-2008, 09:01 AM
I love mine just never get to ride it around here...KC sucks like that. I'll probably keep it through Tennessee then sell it when I get back. Or right before I leave

PT996S
07-02-2008, 04:51 PM
For my first post I will chime in on the dirt bike thread!

I have been riding dirt since birth and street since I was 18.

The benefit of dirt riding is that you can take a no Sh!t big get off, bounce up and keep on with you riding day. Oddly enough, MANY of the skills you use on the asphalt directly translate to the dirt (think weight/body position, relaxed arms, line choice, vision). And not to mention that if you are used to you tires getting loose and squirelly on the dirt when it happens on the asphalt your butth@le doesn't pucker up nearly as bad.

MANY pro street racers train off road. Still more got there start there (think Hayden).

And the clincher....It is a lot easy to get your fix on wooded single track where you don't have to worry about the "Bubba Brigade" (cops) around every corner like you have to in most places in California.

Just my first $.02 on this forum!

zerioustt
07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Dirt ftw!

Me on my yfz 450 se

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o265/turbo2002civic/jasonjump.jpg

Bree
07-26-2008, 12:12 AM
I've been riding dirt since I started 16 years ago. I don't race mx anymore but I still love hitting the trails.

rideblue450
08-14-2008, 12:51 AM
and what quad is this???

the biggest 2 stroke quad I know of was the Banshee, and that was a 350.

ever hear of a quadzilla? 500CC two stroke made by suzuki.:whistle:

zerioustt
08-14-2008, 08:33 AM

Troof...that quad is a BAMF!

I still heart 4-strokes more. I like tq and being able to climb hills..haha.

rideblue450
08-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Troof...that quad is a BAMF!

I still heart 4-strokes more. I like tq and being able to climb hills..haha.

4 strokes own 2 strokes.

Rider
08-14-2008, 08:58 AM
4 strokes own 2 strokes.

The Banshee Pwned the yzf450 quad all day long. Two smoke FTMFW

rideblue450
08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
The Banshee Pwned the yzf450 quad all day long. Two smoke FTMFW

obviously whoever was riding the thumber couldn't ride for dick. I raced A class quadcross with a stock yfz450. well let me say semi-stock to avoid the nit-picking flamers. i had a pipe, and it was jetted. I smoked banshees and 450R's all day long, built banshees- leo's performance motorwork, any motor builder you name it- and i heard them the whole time behind my 142DB 450, revving the piss out of those poor, ancient motors to try and make it through a corner. another funny thing is when they tried to jump them- horrible frame design, thats why you only see them in straight line drags. sure, i lost to shees, 580's with nitrous. a piped shee vs a piped 450, you name the brand- no competition. make sure the rider can ride next time:whistle:

Gunther1000
08-14-2008, 03:21 PM

Wad one when I was 12 yes 12 yrs old... couldn't start it most days and yes it sucked when I stalled it. But after that came the Banshee. Just about as fun if not more because the twist throttle on the 500 would scare the shit out of you most whoops you crossed or jumps you landed. More than once that thing came out from under me! but it was fun. The banshee I could start with my hand. A woman could start it no problem. Thats what I loved that and the thing sounded so nice and tame with the stock pipes till you screamed its guts out at 80 MPh down the straights.

I have to abmit that the new 450's will stomp one. mainly over traction.. but the feeling they give is out in a class of there own.

Digifox
11-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Dammit! ! !
Am i the only one here that rides more Dirt then street?
Hell even my Ninja has seen some offroad fun. . .lol(street tires off-road are VERY UNSAFE)

But i ride Trails(no MX for me) probably rode a good 20+ hours over the summer on the little KD80. . .

Street is fun and FAST
but there is not match for entering a turn doing 60MPH+ and nearly have the bike slide out from under you, or riding through water that covers half the bike and leaving a roost of mud/water behind you:drool:

And 2T FTMFW Bitches! ! !

Rsv1000R
11-13-2008, 03:06 PM
I just sold my KTM 300 MXC, I'd love to live out west where they have long ATV trails.

It was a lot faster than 400 4-strokes.

dreaded
11-13-2008, 08:49 PM
The only reason 2s has the advantage in dirtbikes is because of the weight savings, both in physical size/weight of the jug, and it's moving mass- I think the 2storkes are easier to fling around corners. Plus the 4-strokes make torque off longer stroke, making for a taller jug, higher COG, etc. On ATV's I think some of that stuff is less of an issue. I could be wrong, but I don't care.

Digi: My first experience taking sportbikes offroad was when you were 7 years old. Don't get too ahead of yourself mate.

Chris S
11-14-2008, 12:14 AM
The only reason 2s has the advantage in dirtbikes is because of the weight savings, both in physical size/weight of the jug, and it's moving mass- I think the 2storkes are easier to fling around corners. Plus the 4-strokes make torque off longer stroke, making for a taller jug, higher COG, etc.

Don't forget a few others:
- less maintenance
- easier kick starting
- more reliable (I'm talking vs. MX thumpers)
- no engine braking
- more fun? (personal preference)

I just sold my KTM 450 XC, and whittled the dirt bikes down to my one 300 XC-W. I took the 300 around 80-90% of the time.

I prefer dirt biking too - no cops, no cages, good exercise, and one year land access = less than a trackday in cost.

Digifox
11-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Digi: My first experience taking sportbikes offroad was when you were 7 years old. Don't get too ahead of yourself mate.

Sorry, im confused at the moment.
so im not sure if your being serious or making fun of. . . . something . . . .:idk:

Bluestreak
11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
My current and only ride at the moment is a yamaha warrior. I've been ridin dirt for 15 years.

Ducati Diva
11-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Looking to try dirt. I was told that if I played in the dirt my street riding would greatly improve. True??? What are some recomendations for a good begining bike?

cuttle
11-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Looking to try dirt. I was told that if I played in the dirt my street riding would greatly improve. True??? What are some recomendations for a good begining bike?

Were you live you be best off with a small dualsport - there are great dirt and gravel roads towards Max Patch (you need to be street legal to ride this roads)

We should hook up one day and I'll let you try my DR (it's a lowered 650), it's not the easiest bike for single track, but it's perfect for the backroads, twisties and commuting.

BTW I'm on the other end of your county...

Ducati Diva
11-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Were you live you be best off with a small dualsport - there are great dirt and gravel roads towards Max Patch (you need to be street legal to ride this roads)

We should hook up one day and I'll let you try my DR (it's a lowered 650), it's not the easiest bike for single track, but it's perfect for the backroads, twisties and commuting.

BTW I'm on the other end of your county...

I am street leagal but just really getting a feel for it. What end of the county you in?

cuttle
11-14-2008, 11:52 AM
towards Wolf Laurel (not in Wolf Laurel off course)

Chris S
11-14-2008, 11:53 AM

I got into dirt biking to improve my road racing skills back in '01. I found it so much fun that I quit roadracing and started MX'ing. Yes, it can help your street riding quite a bit, esp. dealing w/ low traction situations.

Your height is prob. the most important determining factor as to what would make a good beginner bike, but CRF230's seem to be popular w/ woman beginners. They're a bit heavy, but easy to ride, reliable, and have e-start. A KTM 200 would also be good to look @ if it fits.

Ducati Diva
11-15-2008, 02:05 PM
I got into dirt biking to improve my road racing skills back in '01. I found it so much fun that I quit roadracing and started MX'ing. Yes, it can help your street riding quite a bit, esp. dealing w/ low traction situations.

Your height is prob. the most important determining factor as to what would make a good beginner bike, but CRF230's seem to be popular w/ woman beginners. They're a bit heavy, but easy to ride, reliable, and have e-start. A KTM 200 would also be good to look @ if it fits.

I'm almost 5'8 got long legs for a girl (least that's what Jeeps says) Not huge, but not small either, in the weight dept between 125 and 130. Sugestions for my size???

Cuttle pm me when you get out my way if you want. BTW waving now as I pass your neck of the woods on 26

Digifox
11-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Get whats comfortable. . .

Flat footing is WAY over rated. . .

Lol

askmrjesus
11-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Get whats comfortable. . .

Flat footing is WAY over rated. . .

Lol

It's only over rated until you have to turn around on an off-camber dead end on the side of a cliff.

Then it kinda comes in handy. :lol:

JC

ceo012384
11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
I rode diret with some buddies for the first time last weekend... that shit was fucking FUN.

Did a lot of woods and rocky technical stuff.

I was borrowing a 22 year old yammy 2smoker... thing went pretty damn good though!

I'm hoping to pick up a dirty toy on the cheap and some gear as long as it doesn't hamper my finances for roadracing.

Krabill
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Dirt, rocks, logs, ledges, I'll ride whatever, really :lol:

Rider
11-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Here is my old bike. I miss her dearly. Notice the number.... When you saw me on it, you better call 911. :dthumb:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/edwardgray70/CR250/cf_1.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/edwardgray70/CR250/00_1.jpg

dreaded
11-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Here is my old bike. I miss her dearly. Notice the number.... When you saw me on it, you better call 911. :dthumb:

Because you're gonna end up injured?

Mr Lefty
11-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Because you're gonna end up injured?

cause he's out of control and gonna take you out :lol:

Digifox
11-18-2008, 11:22 PM

Yea. . . .cuz you ride Trials. . . Lucky ass

ceo012384
11-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Nice dude... I used to ride stock and mod trials...

the non-motorized kind :lol:

Just sold my stock trials bike about 6 months ago... the thing was nasty, I built it pretty nice.

Rider
11-19-2008, 08:19 AM
cause he's out of control and gonna take you out :lol:

Bingo.

rider76
11-25-2008, 07:31 PM
I had a 2000 Cr500 once.. that was one badass 2 stroke.... When It comes to dirt bikes I am still a 2 stroke fan.... I have thinking about buying a dirt bike again.. trail riding and shit like that

squidward
11-30-2008, 03:54 PM
I started out on dirt almost 20 years ago. Unfortunately, I haven't been really riding any dirt for the last couple years. Looking to get back into it when themoto budget allows me to add two more bikes to the garage(one dirt bike for me and one for the wife). They'll most likely be Orange and smoky. :rockout:

Here's my last dirt bike.....a very built KX250.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/wonder91178/KX/DSCF0179.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/wonder91178/KX/DSCF0178.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/wonder91178/John/pic6.jpg

rider76
11-30-2008, 05:59 PM
squidward, how often do you have to adjust the valves on that beast? I have been looking at a couple 450s, but I have been told that the valves need to be check every 10 hours. I am looking for a trail bike, not moto, 10 hours sounds kinda fucked.

squidward
11-30-2008, 06:36 PM
squidward, how often do you have to adjust the valves on that beast? I have been looking at a couple 450s, but I have been told that the valves need to be check every 10 hours. I am looking for a trail bike, not moto, 10 hours sounds kinda fucked.

That one was a 250 2-stroke. No valves to mess with. :dthumb:

rider76
11-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Ya, I am been looking for a decent 250 2 stroke, hard to find one that isn't all beat to shit....

Digifox
12-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Ya, I am been looking for a decent 250 2 stroke, hard to find one that isn't all beat to shit....

If its "beat to Carp" and it still runs good what the problem?
Seriously. . .

Mr Lefty
12-10-2008, 07:32 PM
If its "beat to Carp" and it still runs good what the problem?
Seriously. . .

suspension maybe :idk:... and if it's beat to crap but runs good now may mean you'll be running into issues down the road... :idk:

Chris S
12-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Tons of nice used bikes in TX - it's a buyers' market!

HRCNICK11
12-16-2008, 08:52 PM
I have a CRF150R that I ride on dirt, ice, and motard. Fun bike.

Digifox
12-18-2008, 11:11 PM
suspension maybe :idk:... and if it's beat to crap but runs good now may mean you'll be running into issues down the road... :idk:

Rebuilds aren't that hard.
Sock rebuilds aren't that expensive.

askmrjesus
12-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Rebuilds aren't that hard.
Sock rebuilds aren't that expensive.

I'd just buy new socks.

JC

Particle Man
12-22-2008, 06:59 PM
I'd just buy new socks.

JC