PDA

View Full Version : Indy Spoiler

fnfalman
08-30-2009, 05:49 PM
The Doctor crashed out half way through. Lorenzo ran away with 1st place, DeAngelis second and Nicky 3rd. Dovi and then Edwards. Pedrosa crashed but recovered and finished with enough points. Melandri crashed badly, he's OK but bike was fucked.

Captain Morgan
08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Just got home from the race a little while ago. Getting ready to pull up the recording to see what the hell caused Rossi to bite it. Race would have obviously been MUCH better if he'd stayed in it. He and Lorenzo would have had a helluva battle.

fnfalman
08-30-2009, 06:36 PM
He lost the front end and low sided. From the interview Rossi said that he ran wide into a dirty part of the track, the bike started to slide and his throttle stuck so he couldn't do anything.

racedoll
08-30-2009, 08:23 PM
It sure looked like a hard low slide.

NONE_too_SOFT
08-30-2009, 10:20 PM
the race was good. Nice seein u again Cap'n, keep that little girl of yours on a leash.

Mrs. Colleen
08-31-2009, 12:35 AM
YAY! HAYDEN! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Captain Morgan
08-31-2009, 07:11 AM
the race was good. Nice seein u again Cap'n, keep that little girl of yours on a leash.

Good seeing you again, too. I try. :lol: I hope she'll be able to enjoy it a little bit more next year. Looking forward to being able to take her to the race some year, instead of just practice.

marko138
08-31-2009, 07:45 AM
YAY! HAYDEN! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:
Seriously. Bout time this guy has a decent finish.

Trip
08-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Really boring race... 125cc was the only entertaining finish.

DA POON!!!!

NONE_too_SOFT
08-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Yaaaayyyyyyyyy!

Phenix_Rider
08-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Being it was my first motorcycle race, I had a blast! :rockwoot:
I was hoping Edwards would finish higher, but two Americans in the TOP 5 isn't bad at all. We actually saw several wrecks from our seats on the mound. I'm surprised there weren't more on that awful pavement transition. Really wild watching those guys wobble and bounce across that stuff. And then there was Captain America and a stealthy 500cc two stroke racer. :lol

In case no one has heard yet, I had a wreck. Some asshole ran a red light in front of me in Indy halfway between the hotel and the track. I didn't stand a chance. Rainy nasty greasy intersection with less than 6" on each side clean between the paint and La Brea Tar Pits. Bashed my knee hard- so hard that I went to the hospital and spent the whole afternoon and evening waiting for X-Rays. Turned out it's just "swollen like a mother." Entire right side of the bike is rashed- plastics, engine cover, mirror, and the bars dented the tank.

marko138
08-31-2009, 09:55 AM
I was hoping Edwards would finish higher, but two Americans in the TOP 5 isn't bad at all. We actually saw several wrecks from our seats on the mound. I'm surprised there weren't more on that awful pavement transition. Really wild watching those guys wobble and bounce across that stuff. And then there was Captain America and a stealthy 500cc two stroke racer. :lol

In case no one has heard yet, I had a wreck. Some asshole ran a red light in front of me in Indy halfway between the hotel and the track. I didn't stand a chance. Rainy nasty greasy intersection with less than 6" on each side clean between the paint and La Brea Tar Pits. Bashed my knee hard- so hard that I went to the hospital and spent the whole afternoon and evening waiting for X-Rays. Turned out it's just "swollen like a mother." Entire right side of the bike is rashed- plastics, engine cover, mirror, and the bars dented the tank.
Man, that sucks. Glad you're ok.

tached1000rr
08-31-2009, 10:29 AM

That sucks glad you are okay...

brupska
08-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Well the 125 and 250 races where a lot better racing to watch. You still can go wrong with the Moto Gp bikes tho. Had a great time with you all again. Thanks for saving us spot on the hill too!!! Phenix Rider I hope you and your bike get better.

Phenix_Rider
08-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Well the 125 and 250 races where a lot better racing to watch. You still can go wrong with the Moto Gp bikes tho. Had a great time with you all again. Thanks for saving us spot on the hill too!!! Phenix Rider I hope you and your bike get better.

You see the one guy get rear-ended? Don't remember if it was the 125 or 250.

racedoll
08-31-2009, 08:46 PM

What a way for your first race to be! Glad to hear it wasn't too terribly serious.

HokieDNA01
08-31-2009, 08:59 PM
It really sucked watching it at home since both wrecks happened during commercial breaks. I hate TV

buzzcutt2
08-31-2009, 09:18 PM
A few pics.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/buzzcutt2/2009IndyMotoGP/5969_1207524543895_1102110353_30661.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/buzzcutt2/2009IndyMotoGP/5969_1207524583896_1102110353_30661.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/buzzcutt2/2009IndyMotoGP/5969_1207524623897_1102110353_30661.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/buzzcutt2/2009IndyMotoGP/5969_1207524663898_1102110353_30661.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/buzzcutt2/2009IndyMotoGP/hot_tub_2girls.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/buzzcutt2/2009IndyMotoGP/5969_1206284312890_1102110353_30657.jpg

fasternyou929
09-02-2009, 12:13 AM
It really sucked watching it at home since both wrecks happened during commercial breaks. I hate TV
You aren't kidding, Fox's coverage was the worst. They come back from commercial and Pedrosa's out. Come back from the next commercial and Rossi's out.

Post-race they talk to Hayden for 30 seconds but not anybody else. Not even the race winner.

And it's all geared toward people that know nothing about the sport (they're not watching), taking breaks from the race to show details about the suits, showing people in the stands, and showing the paddock.

Between all that and the announcers, I think I'm sending Speed Channel a love letter. :lol:

marko138
09-02-2009, 07:45 AM
You aren't kidding, Fox's coverage was the worst. They come back from commercial and Pedrosa's out. Come back from the next commercial and Rossi's out.

Post-race they talk to Hayden for 30 seconds but not anybody else. Not even the race winner.

And it's all geared toward people that know nothing about the sport (they're not watching), taking breaks from the race to show details about the suits, showing people in the stands, and showing the paddock.

Between all that and the announcers, I think I'm sending Speed Channel a love letter. :lol:
I didn't watch, but your description is exactly what I expected from Fox. I really hate Fox sports coverage.

racedoll
09-02-2009, 10:18 PM

Exactly what I told my hubby you guys would "bitch" about on here. He just doesn't understand. I felt like a 2 year old when White was talking about the suits. Although, it is kind of cool about the air bag. I will give them that.

fasternyou929
09-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Exactly what I told my hubby you guys would "bitch" about on here. He just doesn't understand. I felt like a 2 year old when White was talking about the suits. Although, it is kind of cool about the air bag. I will give them that.

True, the airbags are cool, I'll give it that. But they've been around... you could clearly see they went off in Lorenzo's suit in his crash at Brno.

Not sure if I'd want them in my suit. The added protection would be great, but the damage to your suit in a low-side could suddenly become significant.

Phenix_Rider
09-03-2009, 09:38 AM
True, the airbags are cool, I'll give it that. But they've been around... you could clearly see they went off in Lorenzo's suit in his crash at Brno.

Not sure if I'd want them in my suit. The added protection would be great, but the damage to your suit in a low-side could suddenly become significant.

I've only seen those airbags in textile jackets before. In the ones I've seen, they're behind a panel held down with velcro or snaps- so there's no additional damage.

racedoll
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM

I missed that race/crash.