PDA

View Full Version : Attn Ohio Riders

JoJoYZF
04-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Wasnt sure where to post this so I decided to go with OT. Im just hoping someone from OH, PA or MI may know of somewhere (the closer to Cleveland the better) that may carry Alpinestars gear in stock so that I can try some of it on. Any help would be awesome because the google searches Ive done havent resulted in anything useful.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-11-2008, 03:56 PM
shoulda gone to the bike show dood.

down here in my parts we have a couple state 8's and a rick rousche ... but to be honest 99% of bike shops dont carry leathers because 99% of the riders around here would never wear leathers.

i do know for a FACT that a ducati dealership right near me has some sweet leathers. not sure if they carry alpine stars, but they have dainese and other nice shit.

dReWpY
04-11-2008, 03:57 PM
iron pony

NONE_too_SOFT
04-11-2008, 03:58 PM
iron pony is about 4 hours from him.

dReWpY
04-11-2008, 04:00 PM
so ride its not that far

NONE_too_SOFT
04-11-2008, 04:01 PM
4 hours is very far just to try on a pair of leathers

dReWpY
04-11-2008, 04:02 PM
6 hours was close enough to smoke a shitty cuban cigar

NONE_too_SOFT
04-11-2008, 04:06 PM
thats a bonding moment. when youre riding just to accomplish something you cant really enjoy it. you have too much anticipation on the way down and too much disapointment on the way back.

JoJoYZF
04-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Im basically just tryin to find a place where I can try on some a* gloves. I know rick roush doesnt carry a* (thats where I bought my bike) and I dont think that the state 8 thats right by steels corner does either. And like nts said, iron pony is a little too long of a drive to just try on gloves.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-11-2008, 04:22 PM
i'll check up on this duc place if you want next week when im riding again.

JoJoYZF
04-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Which duc dealership is it? If you get a chance check there and let me know. I was thinkin about checking the one thats right by chapel hill since its only about 15 minutes from campus.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-11-2008, 04:27 PM
dats the one.

you go to UA?

JoJoYZF
04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Kent, if I take 261 (I think thats the one I use) I can come in the back way to chapel and just head back up route 8 to get home, just a little extra traffic. I hopin to get up there monday after class.

JoJoYZF
04-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Finally managed to find their website and it says that they do have some a* gloves so Im goin monday to try em on and to drool over the ducs and MV's that they have sitting around. Thanks for reminding me about that place nts.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
shit if you were commin down tuesday i'd ride up and meet ya there.

JoJoYZF
04-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately Ive gotta work tuesday night right after class.

OneSickPsycho
04-11-2008, 08:21 PM
iron pony is about 4 hours from him.

You can make it anywhere in Cleveland from anywhere in Columbus in about 3 hours if you drive like a fucking idiot... 3.5 is more reasonable... 4 only if you have blue hair and smell like Ben Gay...

Phenix_Rider
04-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Kissell's in State College has a limited selection of A* gloves. They have some nice Triumph leather jackets, and loads of helmets. The Aprilia dealer in Deep Creak has some A* textile jackets. Way too far though, and either would be disappointing after that ride. Most places will only carry cheap stuff like JR/Icon textiles and meshes.

JoJoYZF
04-11-2008, 11:49 PM
You can make it anywhere in Cleveland from anywhere in Columbus in about 3 hours if you drive like a fucking idiot... 3.5 is more reasonable... 4 only if you have blue hair and smell like Ben Gay...

Im actually basically right between akron and cleveland so most trips to columbus from me are about 2.5 hours. Still just a little farther than Id like to drive just to try on a pair of gloves.

Kissell's in State College has a limited selection of A* gloves. They have some nice Triumph leather jackets, and loads of helmets. The Aprilia dealer in Deep Creak has some A* textile jackets. Way too far though, and either would be disappointing after that ride. Most places will only carry cheap stuff like JR/Icon textiles and meshes.

Thats the problem I have around here too. Most of the close dealers are limited to those too and a few different brands of helmets. Even the Duc dealer thats right by me doesnt carry any higher end gear. Luckily this other one says that they at least have the gloves Im lookin to try on.

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Iron Pony is a motorcycle mecca superstore bling bling money money bust a cap in yo ass best place in the world to check out bike shit.

Go there... You will not regret it. Rt 62 is a nice ride into Columbus... Not especially technical, but not completely boring either...

dReWpY
04-12-2008, 03:29 AM
well u know nts has ben gay b4

Phenix_Rider
04-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Thats the problem I have around here too. Most of the close dealers are limited to those too and a few different brands of helmets. Even the Duc dealer thats right by me doesnt carry any higher end gear. Luckily this other one says that they at least have the gloves Im lookin to try on.

Yeah, the best part is most places are clueless when you call asking about gear. Like no one ever asks about gloves or a jacket?! Just because I'm not asking "What's the fastest bike on your floor?" Then they'll transfer twice and have to send someone to go look at the shelf:skep:

Cutty72
04-12-2008, 11:06 AM

If you can find a place that sells Icon gloves close, try 'em on, find your size, and go down one size for A*... that's what I did and mine fit great.

JoJoYZF
04-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Iron Pony is a motorcycle mecca superstore bling bling money money bust a cap in yo ass best place in the world to check out bike shit.

Go there... You will not regret it. Rt 62 is a nice ride into Columbus... Not especially technical, but not completely boring either...

I may have to make a trip down there once I have some time just for the hell of it.

If you can find a place that sells Icon gloves close, try 'em on, find your size, and go down one size for A*... that's what I did and mine fit great.

Im hoping that this place has them, but we'll see.

Mini Rant: I went to the Ducati dealership earlier this afternoon figuring Id try on some gloves and then head across the street to the mall for a few minutes. Sure enough the fuckers that own the store decided that Ohio's riding season is so awesome that they'll just stay closed on sundays and mondays. Sundays I could kinda see but why would a bike shop be closed on monday afternoons? Oh well, Im hopin I can stop up there for a few minutes between work and class on wednesday.