PDA

View Full Version : Alpinestars GP Plus gloves

buzzcutt2
09-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Just picked up a pair last night...felt comfy wearing them around the house, haven't ridden with them yet.

Anyone have them? Any thoughts?

marko138
09-03-2009, 10:33 AM
I need new gloves.

shmike
09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Just picked up a pair last night...felt comfy wearing them around the house, haven't ridden with them yet.

I have a pair.

GREAT gloves.

Mine are pretty worn out these days, if you don't like them, let me know.

buzzcutt2
09-03-2009, 10:41 AM
I need new gloves.

I have an old pair with holes in them...:lmao:

buzzcutt2
09-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I have a pair.

GREAT gloves.

Mine are pretty worn out these days, if you don't like them, let me know.

Excellent...:rockout:

marko138
09-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I have an old pair with holes in them...:lmao:
Pass, but thanks. I've been looking at these gloves.

Trip
09-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I sold a pair to someone on the board. They were nice gloves. I like my techs a bit better.

Phenix_Rider
09-03-2009, 12:10 PM

I like them. The cuff is short, but so are most race gloves anymore. It took a while for my wrist strap to feel right, but after wearing them to the rally, they fit perfect.

Mr Lefty
09-03-2009, 12:26 PM
I have a set that I bought in jan 06. Still feel awesome even after countless rainstorms and hurricane ike.

buzzcutt2
09-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I have a set that I bought in jan 06. Still feel awesome even after countless rainstorms and hurricane ike.

Were they road tested? :scared:

Mr Lefty
09-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Nope.. Never touched the ground in my wreck.

buzzcutt2
09-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Nope.. Never touched the ground in my wreck.

Mad skillz.

Homeslice
09-03-2009, 01:08 PM
They're ok, but only if your knuckles agree with the armor pieces. Sometimes they do a piss-poor job of shaping the carbon fiber. It's like they form it on a flat table without taking into account the natural curve of the hand. Also, the last GP Plus and GP Techs I tried, the little pieces on the fingers hurt -- I've never seen the need for hard armor on the fingers. Held makes better gloves IMO.

Phenix_Rider
09-03-2009, 03:34 PM
They're ok, but only if your knuckles agree with the armor pieces. If not, you won't like them. I didn't. IMO Alpinestars does a piss-poor job of shaping the carbon fiber. It's like they formed it on a flat table without taking into account the natural curve of the hand. The little pieces on the fingers hurt too -- I've never seen the need for hard armor on the fingers. Held makes way better gloves IMO.

Depends which version... Mine have PU knuckle protector that I like better than any CF.

TYEster
09-03-2009, 05:23 PM
I have the GP Techs...

And personally, I'd rather have different gloves. I needed some full gauntlets, and I found em used on Craigslist, brand new almost, with the tag still on them. I tried em for like 10sec and decided they were good enough for the price. $100 for brand new $275+ gloves. Well after actually wearing and riding in them, I don't like em that much. The thing I don't like most is the hard plastic wrap-around for your wrist/over jacket. It's a bitch to take on and off while at a trackday. And it took like SEVERAL hours of riding in them to break them in.

Hopefully you're Plus' will offer a little more comfort in the long run.

JoJoYZF
09-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Depends which version... Mine have PU knuckle protector that I like better than any CF.

Same here. Ive had my gp plus for about a year now and like em a lot. I wear them for highway and longer riding and have a pair of short cuff a* gloves for my 2 mile ride to work. Love them both, but I also like everything I own from alpinestars.

buzzcutt2
09-03-2009, 05:38 PM
If the rain ever stops I'll get out and try them.

Homeslice
09-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I have the GP Techs...

And personally, I'd rather have different gloves. I needed some full gauntlets, and I found em used on Craigslist, brand new almost, with the tag still on them. I tried em for like 10sec and decided they were good enough for the price. $100 for brand new $275+ gloves. Well after actually wearing and riding in them, I don't like em that much. The thing I don't like most is the hard plastic wrap-around for your wrist/over jacket. It's a bitch to take on and off while at a trackday. And it took like SEVERAL hours of riding in them to break them in.

Hell I used the Techs for a month and they still didn't break in. Also I didn't like the external stitching because of how the little edge of extra leather makes your fingers hard to move independantly.

The only thing the plastic gauntlet is good for is keeping the glove open when you're not wearing it so that it dries out.

Mr Lefty
09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
If the rain ever stops I'll get out and try them.
blah... I use mine in the rain almost daily... work great... and when you wave hi... the water drains out perfectly

SoFlaSV
09-03-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm on my second pair.:rockwoot:

My first pair came with a pair of A-Star boots I bought used on E-bay.
They were rashed and crashed when I got them, but held up so well.

When they got a little ripe, I bought another pair.

OneSickPsycho
09-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I like mine... they broke in quickly, but then again I was riding 5-600 miles per weekend when I first got them. The only bitch I have is that like a month after owning them, the stitching started to fall apart near the tip of one finger. I was in the midst of a trip and made the decision to have them fixed when I returned... However, they never separated any more so I never fucked with it.

'73 H1 Triple
09-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I sold a pair to someone on the board. They were nice gloves. I like my techs a bit better.

You sold them twice. You were kind enough to sell them for a good price with a return ( minus shipping ) clause. :cheers:

I'm still pissed they were too small for me :td:

I keep checking www.ironpony.com and check out the closeouts for deals on gloves. I want a pair of gauntlet/race gloves

Jeff