PDA

View Full Version : Icon Ftl!!!

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 10:57 AM
im sick of seeing this thread at the top of the page. Icon panders towards stunter wannabe's that look at gear as a fashion statement not as a means of protection.

some would argue some gear is better than no gear. those are the same people that would argue sex with a dead hooker is better than no sex at all.

Im hungover, and i have to go take a drivers test... god damnit.

and can somebody please edit my post so theres three fucking exclamation marks at the end of the thread title?

jtemple
04-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Do you have proof that Icon gear provides poor protection? I had an Icon jacket for a season and was pretty happy with it.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 11:05 AM
never have i said they offer poor protection. I'm only stating their focus is on style, like a woman.

jtemple
04-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I agree with that. My jacket was the Pursuit though, it's rather understated. I have never been a big fan of loud stuff, hence my solid black gear.

I do think Icon serves a couple of purposes, though. They provide gear for someone on a budget, and they probably get quite a few people wearing gear that normally wouldn't.

My Icon jacket was ideal for me, for that season. I was in the middle of a huge weight-loss foray. At the start of the season, my jacket was tight. By the fall, it was too big. Once I got to the size that I felt I was going to be at for a while, I bought real leathers.

marko138
04-12-2008, 11:26 AM
:lol: Nice.

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 11:51 AM
My Icon Field Armor Boots...
http://www.cyclegear.com/images/farmorboot_310x274.jpg

vs...

Sidi Vertigo Corsa...
http://www.diseno-art.com/images/Sidi_Vertigo_Corsa.jpg

Icon Accelerant and Motorhead jackets that I like to drool over...
http://fstg.motosport.com/motographics/images/products/Metric/07leather/ICN_acc_stealthJkt.jpg
http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/Picts/Stock_193700000001.jpg

vs...

Alpine Stars Boa jacket...
http://www.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/d/55/d55cbb1164e179a97eb1ab660c5a55bc_rough.jpg

And Icon's the flashy shit?

Look... all the manfacturers make shit the looks terrible and many play into the stuntaz style... Who gives a fuck? Icon makes quality shit... your bias towards their target market is retarded... Especially when your favorite brands are trying to adapt to cover that market too... All the manufacturers focus on style... otherwise you boys wouldn't have all those pretty helmets now would you?

marko138
04-12-2008, 11:53 AM
The Sidi Vertigo Corsas are cash money. My next boot right there.

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 11:59 AM
The Sidi Vertigo Corsas are cash money. My next boot right there.

Agreed... they are totally awesome... I can't stand the looks though... I wish they made them in black on black on black. I like black.

jtemple
04-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Here's my gear...

http://68.13.86.143:3784/Images/Motorcycles/2007.06.26%20Leathers/P6261611.JPG

My old Icon jacket:

http://www.motonekoparts.com/files/thumbs/t_16355_01.gif

dReWpY
04-12-2008, 12:39 PM
visibility isnt high on your list of priorities is it? :lol:
i just ride too much during the day for long periods of time to rock out the blacked out look

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 01:41 PM
we aught to have a contest where we can see who can take the best pic of them in all their gear.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 02:02 PM
lol thx for whoever fixxed the thread title.

marko138
04-12-2008, 02:44 PM
lol thx for whoever fixxed the thread title.
That was me. And you're welcome. Anything to help the cause.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 02:48 PM
i should have known it was a man of such high moral fortitude.

vabarber2
04-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Icon doesn't make bad gear, and the fashonability factor only ensures you're more likely to wear it! Many gear manufacturers sponsor stunters so why be so prejudice tward icon for it! The look doesnt take away from the function so to each their own!

marko138
04-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Lack of fashionability.

Crazy
04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
who gives a fuck? as long as those stunter wannabe's are wearing the gear who cares why they are wearing it...

in the words of Gov. Schwarzenegger, stop whining!

Amber Lamps
04-12-2008, 04:31 PM
im sick of seeing this thread at the top of the page. Icon panders towards stunter wannabe's that look at gear as a fashion statement not as a means of protection.

some would argue some gear is better than no gear. those are the same people that would argue sex with a dead hooker is better than no sex at all.

Im hungover, and i have to go take a drivers test... god damnit.

and can somebody please edit my post so theres three fucking exclamation marks at the end of the thread title?

If the protection is equal (just for the sake of arguement) then the fashon or style of the item is merely a matter of taste. Who cares what color it is or how many patches are on it,etc. I don't understand the anger here. Didn't you just buy a Scorpion helmet recently? When I got my first Scorpion helmet,everyone said they were cheap Chinese junk. What has changed? Is it because Mat Mlladin wears one now? He wore KBC before,mine cracked from being dropped! If you're such a gear elitist,then why didn't you buy an Arai or Shoei helmet? Is the only worth of a product based solely on it's representatives?

comonboys
04-12-2008, 04:35 PM
who gives a fuck? as long as those stunter wannabe's are wearing the gear who cares why they are wearing it...

in the words of Gov. Schwarzenegger, stop whining!

:iagree:

Amber Lamps
04-12-2008, 04:40 PM
never have i said they offer poor protection. I'm only stating their focus is on style, like a woman.

you said they place style before protection.How do you know,do you sit in on their board meetings. Do yourself a favor look at the products the other gear manufacturers are selling and see if you notice anything. The days of wearing track gear to ride on the street are almost over! Btw a kid pulled up yesterday to go riding sporting a new Teknics jacket. It was BRIGHT blue and had a huge "T K" on it an goofy stripes going at all angles. ALPINESTARS sells motorcycle riding shoes that look like low top Sketchers and have a jacket named T-STUNT! Hmmmm....speaking of a woman,didn't you warble endlessly about the style of your new helmet and which visor to put on it? "Oh I think the iridium shield brings out my eyes". It sure sounded like you chose the helmet you did based on the pretty graphics on it and it's appearance. I don't remember you mentioning much about it's superior protection being a factor in you buying decision.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 04:42 PM
If the protection is equal (just for the sake of arguement) then the fashon or style of the item is merely a matter of taste. Who cares what color it is or how many patches are on it,etc. I don't understand the anger here. Didn't you just buy a Scorpion helmet recently? When I got my first Scorpion helmet,everyone said they were cheap Chinese junk. What has changed? Is it because Mat Mlladin wears one now? He wore KBC before,mine cracked from being dropped! If you're such a gear elitist,then why didn't you buy an Arai or Shoei helmet? Is the only worth of a product based solely on it's representatives?

you obviously must sport some icon gear, cause you are taking my post way out of context trying to defend it.

yes, its a matter of taste. and im saying if you wear some of the crap they put out , you have a bad sense of taste. They spend too much time trying to promote a "hardcore rugged im a baddass and i dont care about anything cause im all about skulls and crossbones" look. and i call BS on 90% of the people wearin that stuff actually being badasses.

There is no anger, im just tired of seeing the "Icon Ftw!!!" shit, and it caught me at a bad moment. So i figured if we can have a FTW thread we can have a FTL thread. I may have been a little bitchy because of a hangover, but certainly not angry.

ya i did. and i've never owned a helmet more expensive than 200 dollars. I buy helmets on the basis of style, not brand. i reserve my brand loyalties for motorcycles... go honda.

Im not a gear elitist. i just think people who wear icon because of the "badass" designs and shit are weak, just like the company.
Youre not one of those people are you?

you said they place style before protection.How do you know,do you sit in on their board meetings. Do yourself a favor look at the products the other gear manufacturers are selling and see if you notice anything. The days of wearing track gear to ride on the street are almost over! Btw a kid pulled up yesterday to go riding sporting a new Teknics jacket. It was BRIGHT blue and had a huge "T K" on it an goofy stripes going at all angles. ALPINESTARS sells motorcycle riding shoes that look like low top Sketchers and ha a jacket named T-STUNT! Hmmmm....

I said their focus is on their style. i never mentioned anything about their equipment being ill equipped.

vabarber2
04-12-2008, 04:47 PM
NtS Is simply a hater! He hates vab and icon and wants to bitch about it cause its all he's good at! uh oh i used an exclimation mark! :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 04:49 PM
NtS Is simply a hater! He hates vab and icon and wants to bitch about it cause its all he's good at! uh oh i used an exclimation mark! :lol:

exactly.

i even wear icon gloves and love them, so im a hater hypocrite.

vabarber2
04-12-2008, 04:51 PM
exactly.

i even wear icon gloves and love them, so im a hater hypocrite.
Fag.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 04:52 PM
im a fag cause i wear icon.

Youre a fag cause you take other guys dicks in your ass.

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 05:32 PM
i just ride too much during the day for long periods of time to rock out the blacked out look

I'm a firm beleiver that they just won't fucking see you anyway...

vabarber2
04-12-2008, 05:56 PM
No, your a fag for talking shit about a product you openly use! I dont take the diks, i swing my own!

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 06:03 PM
thats what i just said

vabarber2
04-12-2008, 06:09 PM
thats what i just said
No, u said I take dick, I dont take it, I swing it, meaning I'm not fag!

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 06:17 PM
pretty much anything you do with another guys dick will make you a fag.

Dave
04-12-2008, 06:22 PM
pretty sure im badass enough to wear my battlecry jacket

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/213606_97_full.jpg

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 06:23 PM
eh idk you ever killed a guy?

Dave
04-12-2008, 06:31 PM
damn good chance, couldnt confirm it though. just a bit after that pic was taken i nearly greased a fat shit little 15 year old for grenading my ing

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 06:33 PM
i dont think killing a 15 year old qualifies your badassdom anyways... reglardless of how many grenades they have.

Dave
04-12-2008, 06:38 PM
well its not like i wanted to, soon as he did that he became a combatant and the rules changed completely. in any case we managed to catch him without bloodshed so i got out without that on my concience

Amber Lamps
04-12-2008, 07:17 PM
well its not like i wanted to, soon as he did that he became a combatant and the rules changed completely. in any case we managed to catch him without bloodshed so i got out without that on my concience

Fuck him soldier! You come at me with so much as a salad fork and I'll make your mama get a Kilo India Alpha letter! I racked up 14 and I didn't check any fucking IDs. If I would have had my way,I'd have put six zeros behind that number!!! Dave,don't you ever worry about it,punks sitting behind a computer screen or on the couch watching American Idol have no idea what pressures you're under and hopefully because of your sacrifice,they never will!!! Soldier on!!!

Dave
04-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Fuck him soldier! You come at me with so much as a salad fork and I'll make your mama get a Kilo India Alpha letter! I racked up 14 and I didn't check any fucking IDs. If I would have had my way,I'd have put six zeros behind that number!!! Dave,don't you ever worry about it,punks sitting behind a computer screen or on the couch watching American Idol have no idea what pressures you're under and hopefully because of your sacrifice,they never will!!! Soldier on!!!

hey i understand bro, and i did in fact take the shot. fucker is just lucky that the sterling i was carrying is an open bolt smg and takes slightly more time after the trigger is pulled to strike. basically he got around a corner i kicked down a gate and he gave himself up. which of course made the rules change again. so difficult being the good guys

Amber Lamps
04-12-2008, 09:03 PM
hey i understand bro, and i did in fact take the shot. fucker is just lucky that the sterling i was carrying is an open bolt smg and takes slightly more time after the trigger is pulled to strike. basically he got around a corner i kicked down a gate and he gave himself up. which of course made the rules change again. so difficult being the good guys

well I hope he "resisted" and you put a rifle butt in his face!

jtemple
04-12-2008, 10:32 PM
i just ride too much during the day for long periods of time to rock out the blacked out lookI ride during the day mostly. Hydrate hydrate hydrate! I'm pretty cold blooded anyway; spending most of my time cold. I'm sitting in front of a space heater right now. Black gear, sliver gear, white gear, it all feels the same to me. Black is just easier to find. :dthumb:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2008, 10:35 PM
i match all black purely by coincidence... i really had no choice on the color of leathers, just jumped on a great deal. black goes with everything though, so its a kind of no-brainer.

personally, i think fnfal has some of the sweetest leathers around.

jtemple
04-12-2008, 11:09 PM
personally, i think fnfal has some of the sweetest leathers around.Me too, which is why I PMed him when I was ready to buy mine.

byron12
04-13-2008, 12:36 AM
pretty sure im badass enough to wear my battlecry jacket

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/213606_97_full.jpg

Dude I want the gun in your hand that looks like exactly what I need to put on gun rack in my truck....:dthumb: BTW good burn on nts about being badass enough to wear icon gear....:zowned::pat:

Dave
04-13-2008, 01:46 AM
fucking sterling mk4 is the shit. i sriousluy miss that peice. see all the ak mags/./ ? i hd a never fired and onlty dropped onc3e norinco aK TOO fucker was gorgeous

NONE_too_SOFT
04-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Dude I want the gun in your hand that looks like exactly what I need to put on gun rack in my truck....:dthumb: BTW good burn on nts about being badass enough to wear icon gear....:zowned::pat:

scratching my head on this one.

neebelung
04-13-2008, 08:47 AM

Nah, not at all. Even though, for the most part, Icon isn't my taste, I DO make the argument that SOME gear is better than no gear at all (but I've never argued about sex with a dead hooker, so that's not a valid analogy :lol: ).

If someone's objection to wearing gear is the looks (it's too boring, it's not the right color, it doesn't have any 'flair,' or whatever the fuck) but they look at Icon, and feel it's more "them," then so be it. At least it's GEAR. And in the last few years, Icon HAS changed and gotten safer - they no longer rely on just the triple desity foam armour.. most pieces do have CE rated armour, and there's been rumor for a couple years that they're working on track leathers, too.

So it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it IS still better than no gear at all, IMO.

byron12
04-13-2008, 01:23 PM
scratching my head on this one.

You said that people who wear icon aren't badass enough to justify the badass stylistic image that icon portrays. He posted picture of himself overseas in a warzone therefore burning your ass and relegating your previous steatement to retarded status.....:diitb:

OneSickPsycho
04-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Well... if it makes everyone feel better... I have a really small penis...

Seriously... I got nothin.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-13-2008, 01:30 PM
I never doubted his badassdom, and you cant really justify being in the military as being badass. its a career choice. he doesnt get to go around wearin camo and carrying rifles to shoot at people with when he comes back to civilian life. unless hes got some serious PTSD and needs to vent a little bit.

notice: i'm not calling anybody out in this thread, just FYI. I do think most of icon's shit has the "im too cool for school" mentality.

you ever see the pic of me doin a backflip across the courtyard of the eifle tower in a ural? thats a bad ass pic, but it doesnt make me a bad ass.

Amber Lamps
04-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I never doubted his badassdom, and you cant really justify being in the military as being badass. its a career choice. he doesnt get to go around wearin camo and carrying rifles to shoot at people with when he comes back to civilian life. unless hes got some serious PTSD and needs to vent a little bit.

notice: i'm not calling anybody out in this thread, just FYI. I do think most of icon's shit has the "im too cool for school" mentality.

you ever see the pic of me doin a backflip across the courtyard of the eifle tower in a ural? thats a bad ass pic, but it doesnt make me a bad ass.

Yea,I agree that Icon has "hooligan/badboy" marketing stategy. Just like alot of the other gear makers pander to "older" riders,racer-boy wannabees, Harley "Hell's Angels" types,etc. I still don't understand the targeted hatred of this one particular brand. Everytime someone mentions Icon,some of you guys jump to put the brand down. I just don't get it. To start a thread downing a specific brand goes well beyond "it's not my style".

t-homo
04-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Yea,I agree that Icon has "hooligan/badboy" marketing stategy. Just like alot of the other gear makers pander to "older" riders,racer-boy wannabees, Harley "Hell's Angels" types,etc. I still don't understand the targeted hatred of this one particular brand. Everytime someone mentions Icon,some of you guys jump to put the brand down. I just don't get it. To start a thread downing a specific brand goes well beyond "it's not my style".

I think it was just a spoof on the "Icon FTW" thread. You say it like he just made this out of the blue. TEKNIC FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONE_too_SOFT
04-13-2008, 03:48 PM
I think it was just a spoof on the "Icon FTW" thread. You say it like he just made this out of the blue. TEKNIC FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

precisely. smart mother fucker right here.

Amber Lamps
04-13-2008, 06:23 PM
precisely. smart mother fucker right here.

Interesting...agreement with NTS=smart,disagreement=stupid/squid/gay hmmmm...
Well,if you both are so smart then why don't either of you understand the meaning of the word spoof? You're original post hardly qualifies as a "spoof", parody,farce,etc...

Mr Lefty
04-13-2008, 06:28 PM
NtS was saying Trock was smart for seeing that this thread was a spoof... not because he agreed with him...

and the spoof was the tittle :wink:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-13-2008, 06:28 PM
are you serious? i was fucking drunk when i made it lol. quitcherbitchin.

:edit: apparently i was hungover, not drunk.

Amber Lamps
04-13-2008, 06:39 PM
are you serious? i was fucking drunk when i made it lol. quitcherbitchin.

:edit: apparently i was hungover, not drunk.

Awwww what's the matter pumpkin? I was just teasing you,yeesh what a grouch!!! Hahahahahaha

NtS was saying Trock was smart for seeing that this thread was a spoof... not because he agreed with him...

and the spoof was the tittle :wink:

Psssttt Ebbs,I think you have something white and gooey on your chin...you might wanna wipe that off...:whistle:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-13-2008, 06:44 PM
nope, tigs, i aint buyin it. You were sobbing over this thread.

Amber Lamps
04-13-2008, 06:54 PM
nope, tigs, i aint buyin it. You were sobbing over this thread.

Shut up you bastard and pass me a tissue....sniffle...

NONE_too_SOFT
04-13-2008, 07:08 PM
sorry im a heartless fucker. All the tissues i have here are dried and crusty and smell like fish. just use your sleve.

Mr Lefty
04-13-2008, 07:16 PM
got something on my chin? for pointing out the obvious... well oblivious in your case? :lol: ok

Amber Lamps
04-13-2008, 07:21 PM
got something on my chin? for pointing out the obvious... well oblivious in your case? :lol: ok

Whatever!!! Everyone knows you two are "special friends"... You guys probably spent your summers guarding sheep on Brokeback Mountain!

p00kienrayray
04-16-2008, 03:36 AM
the issue of quality among icon gear shouldn't even be brought up bc nts never commented on it to begin with. lets face it, a lot of gear out there is good stuff. i personally like that flashy bright racer look even though i've yet to hit the track. doesn't mean i'm trying to fool ppl that i race, i just think it looks damn good. same with the idea of icon and the tough guy look. some ppl don't like going out in public and have their gear scream out "hey look! i ride!"...plus a lot of that street stuff is more comfy than the race stuff.

i used to have a bias against those gay looking helmet mohawks, but now im starting to realize that everyone comes in different flavors. some fruitier than others, lol...

ceo012384
04-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Yes. Icon FTL. Yes.

Rider
04-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Yes. Icon FTL. Yes.

I agree for the most part but you have to agree the Icon Accelerant Stealth jacket is a whole lot better than the Apinestars Boa jacket..

ceo012384
04-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree for the most part but you have to agree the Icon Accelerant Stealth jacket is a whole lot better than the Apinestars Boa jacket..
I agree that a* jacket is terrible.

The point is that Icon's entire company purpose was to make flashy gear like that when they started out. Since then they got so popular with stunters and squids that other companies started making hideous shit to try to capitalize on that part of the market. The difference is that those companies main purpose from startup was to produce quality protective gear.

Really I mostly just like hating on it because everyone gets so bent out of shape about it. Lollercoaster.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I agree that a* jacket is terrible.

The point is that Icon's entire company purpose was to make flashy gear like that when they started out. Since then they got so popular with stunters and squids that other companies started making hideous shit to try to capitalize on that part of the market. The difference is that those companies main purpose from startup was to produce quality protective gear.

Really I mostly just like hating on it because everyone gets so bent out of shape about it. Lollercoaster.

so true. like i've said, i could care less about their gear, i've even got a pair of glvoes that i'll swear by that are icon.

you tell me A* panders to track junkies and elitists or joe rocket panders to conservative wannabes and i'll just be like "eh"... but you rip on icon and some people bring out the big guns.

Amber Lamps
04-18-2008, 05:56 PM
so true. like i've said, i could care less about their gear, i've even got a pair of glvoes that i'll swear by that are icon.

you tell me A* panders to track junkies and elitists or joe rocket panders to conservative wannabes and i'll just be like "eh"... but you rip on icon and some people bring out the big guns.

Oh,like who?:whistle:

the chi
04-18-2008, 06:00 PM
GAWD PEOPLE, let it die already!! Either you like it, love it, hate it, whatever, WHO CARES??!!!

Amber Lamps
04-18-2008, 06:01 PM
GAWD PEOPLE, let it die already!! Either you like it, love it, hate it, whatever, WHO CARES??!!!

Hey Rae........I LOVE YOU!!!!.....

vabarber2
04-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Na, not arguing, just chatting with ya hater!!

Dave
04-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Rae........I LOVE YOU!!!!.....

i dont think we could get a decent argument going on THAT subject :P

NONE_too_SOFT
04-18-2008, 09:51 PM
an " 'd " would be fitting in my situation.

marko138
04-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Queers.