PDA

View Full Version : Who's your college football team this year?

tached1000rr
09-05-2009, 11:51 AM
I'll ask this two ways:

Who do you pull for?

Who do you think will be this years national champion?

Trip
09-05-2009, 11:55 AM
LSU

Flawaduh

Ninjakel
09-05-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm a Nole, baby!!!

Mr Lefty
09-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I pull for Oregon State....

National Champ... prior to watching today... I'd have said USC.... now... not sure... but I'll stick with USC...

tommymac
09-06-2009, 01:47 AM
USC

and USC just to piss off curb :rockwoot:

Oklahoma loosing today already makes things interesting. Unless 2 teams win out they still have a shot esp since it seems loosing early in the season is better than later in the year.

Next week is the big test for USC, frosh QB in a hostile environment, although Navy gave em a good scare today so it should be interesting.

Tom

Mr Lefty
09-06-2009, 08:45 AM
USC

Oklahoma loosing today already makes things interesting. Unless 2 teams win out they still have a shot esp since it seems loosing early in the season is better than later in the year.

Next week is the big test for USC, frosh QB in a hostile environment, although Navy gave em a good scare today so it should be interesting.

Tom
Ohio State did not look impressive at all yesterday... if they play even close to that... they'll get STOMPED. though if they play like that and played Penn State they'd get stomped too.

USC needs to not be a 2nd half team... they need to come out and put a whooping down.

LSU SHOULD have gotten beat by U dub... stupid turn overs... not a bad turn around for Sark though... 0-11 to the way they played last night.

I was impressed with Navy... they should have ran the option up the middle or at least give the illusion of a run on that 2 pt conversion... but it's easy to 2nd guess.

Oregon State looked good... our DB's are suspect though... they got burnt a few times by FCS school WR's... not gonna be good against the WA team I saw last night... or Cal, Oregon, and USC.

Trip
09-06-2009, 08:51 AM
LSU was very green. UW took advantage of a new defensive scheme. LSU showed the capability to just march all over UW. The second half proved that. Hell it wasn't much of a game in the 2nd half. Hell if lsu would have stopped the zone crap and covered the outside run uw would of gotten held sooner. Can't get upset with turnovers that's what lsu does, they take the ball away its part of the game. LSU should of won by much much more if anything. Chavis sucks. He was known for giving up 3rd and longs at tenn and he did it all night. I hope they fire him soon.

Mr Lefty
09-06-2009, 09:32 AM
LSU was very green. UW took advantage of a new defensive scheme. LSU showed the capability to just march all over UW. The second half proved that. Hell it wasn't much of a game in the 2nd half. Just cause you have one and a half quarters of good football against a team absolutely giving you the outside to run doesn't mean you should win. LSU should of won by much much more if anything. Chavis sucks.

you forget UW was an 0-11 team last year and have a completely new offensive scheme... and the quarterback and #1 back missed all of last year due to injury...

had UW not made little mistakes... they'd have won IMO... LSU didn't make many mistakes... and only one was a turn over. their defense just suffered... they were not only green in the scheme... but they were exhausted. watching the last two quarters they were dead tired... kind of odd btw considering they're from the hot south and were playing in the cool weather of the PNW.

I agree that LSU should have won by a lot more... they just didn't play up to their ranking

Trip
09-06-2009, 09:35 AM
They were tired from the time change. Turnovers aren't necessarily mistakes but can be takeaways. Lsu does takeaways.

Mr Lefty
09-06-2009, 10:22 AM
ehh the interception and fumbles were both mistakes... the pick 6 shouldn't have been thrown... the fumble he had the ball out away from his body... both mistakes IMO.

the LSU fumble was a take away... it was ripped from his hands... not much you can do about that.

marko138
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Ohio State will get crushed by the Lions. November 7....in Happy Valley.

Mr Lefty
09-06-2009, 10:34 AM

after yesterday... I'd say so... but that was an option team... who executes amazingly. so who knows... too bad USC will already have handed them their ass.

azoomm
09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
UT

I live in Austin, they don't let you live here unless you are for UT. :lol:

itgirl
09-06-2009, 06:05 PM
i'm an auburn fan...doubt that'll get me very far this year. :( i'm starting to lean more towards alabama a bit though. i pretty much love the entire SEC.

thunderex
09-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Texas.

Texas.

Curb
09-07-2009, 09:53 AM
USC

TomYou can say whatever you want...nothing is going to piss me off this year! Trip can call me gay all he wants...Kel can say Gaytors all she wants...there is only one team I am worried about this year, and they happen to live in the bayou. But other than that, I'll be standing tall come January.

And in case you haven't figured it out by now...
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/bgatuf/smilies/gatorheadanimatell6.gif all the way!!!

Mr Lefty
09-07-2009, 09:59 AM
You can say whatever you want...nothing is going to piss me off this year! Trip can call me gay all he wants...Kel can say Gaytors all she wants...there is only one team I am worried about this year, and they happen to live in the bayou. But other than that, I'll be standing tall come January.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/bgatuf/smilies/gatorheadanimatell6.gif all the way!!!

you'd better hope their loss comes early and against a high ranked opponent for you to be standing tall again...

tommymac
09-07-2009, 10:08 AM
You can say whatever you want...nothing is going to piss me off this year! Trip can call me gay all he wants...Kel can say Gaytors all she wants...there is only one team I am worried about this year, and they happen to live in the bayou. But other than that, I'll be standing tall come January.

Oh I iwll piss you off this year, I do love a challenge :rockwoot:

As for standing tal you have no choice youre over 6feet tall :lol:

Gotta adimit its going to be an exciting and possibly controversial season this year.

Tom

Curb
09-07-2009, 10:12 AM
you'd better hope their loss comes early and against a high ranked opponent for you to be standing tall again...what loss?

Oh I iwll piss you off this year, I do love a challenge :rockwoot:

As for standing tal you have no choice youre over 6feet tall :lol:

Gotta adimit its going to be an exciting and possibly controversial season this year.

Tom
go for it

buzzcutt2
09-07-2009, 11:07 AM
NOLES!!!!!

I am going to the LSU vs Vandy game this weekend, hope it is a good one. :lmao:

Trip
09-07-2009, 11:12 AM

Look at my first post, I picked you guys. I don't think ya'll have anything to worry about us after our defensive performance against UW. Chavis ran a horrible defense at UT, I don't understand why they picked him up at LSU. He gives away 3rd and long like Obama gives welfare. This is going to be a long season for us with a defense like that.

Cutty72
09-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Gotta root for the bison. And I'm sure few of you know who or where they are from

Mr Lefty
09-07-2009, 12:02 PM
what loss?

Nm... looked at your schedule... fuck... with LSU and Georgia looking disappointing in their openers... you shouldn't have anything to worry about... but who knows... Old Miss last year was a surprise.

SEC title game should be good... but yeah... with that schedule... FL will under achieve if they end up anywhere but the National Championship.

101lifts2
09-07-2009, 02:18 PM
M.....

Mr Lefty
09-07-2009, 02:20 PM
M.....

Don't think Mississippi is gonna do all that well this year... sorry

Trip
09-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Nm... looked at your schedule... fuck... with LSU and Georgia looking disappointing in their openers... you shouldn't have anything to worry about... but who knows... Old Miss last year was a surprise.

SEC title game should be good... but yeah... with that schedule... FL will under achieve if they end up anywhere but the National Championship.

Yeah Flawaduh has a pretty easy schedule this year. Everybody good is going to the swamp. Championship or the season's a bust.

101lifts2
09-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Don't think Mississippi is gonna do all that well this year... sorry

Michigan...not Mississippi. lol

t-homo
09-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Mizzou.

Mr Lefty
09-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Michigan...not Mississippi. lol

:lol: I know... just give'n ya shit.

hopefully they'll be better than last year... but that shouldn't be to difficult.

Trip
09-09-2009, 08:19 AM
:lol: I know... just give'n ya shit.

hopefully they'll be better than last year... but that shouldn't be to difficult.

Appy State is hot hot hot.

Porkchop
09-09-2009, 09:38 AM

We'll see my man.... we'll see........ we don't have a true freshman anymore.

As far as everything else, Texas.

tached1000rr
09-09-2009, 10:27 AM

OSU fan:td:, awe man I feel for you.....

seDUCtive
09-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Nebraska!!!!

Mr Lefty
09-09-2009, 07:16 PM

uh... NAVY was getting to your True Soph on EVERY down... they just couldn't wrap up... not gonna happen against USC or Penn State

OneNotSoSickPsycho
09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
UF. Go Gators :)

z06boy
09-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Tennessee Vols but I don't expect much this year.

I'll go with the Gators to win it all.

SEC baby !! :lol:

Well until basketball season...still a Vols fan but then it will be ACC baby !! :lol:

Trip
09-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Tennessee Vols but I don't expect much this year.

I'll go with the Gators to win it all.

they looked surprisingly good against Western Kentucky. I think they got a legitimate shot at getting 2nd in the east. Chavis is gone so no more giving up 3rd and longs and yall didn't play down to your opponent. I think with some lucky breaks yall could get into a decent bowl.

z06boy
09-10-2009, 11:35 AM
they looked surprisingly good against Western Kentucky. I think they got a legitimate shot at getting 2nd in the east. Chavis is gone so no more giving up 3rd and longs and yall didn't play down to your opponent. I think with some lucky breaks yall could get into a decent bowl.

I didn't see the game but that's what my father said. I agree about Chavis and 3rd and long...NEVER understood that either. :idk:

Trip
09-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I didn't see the game but that's what my father said. I agree about Chavis and 3rd and long...NEVER understood that either. :idk:

He's at LSU now, I'm so happy about that. Washington killed us on 3rd and long all night...

z06boy
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
He's at LSU now, I'm so happy about that. Washington killed us on 3rd and long all night...

I forgot that LSU got him. I was surprised at the final score of the game against Washington..hadn't seen the stats. Glad LSU won though. I was on the west coast...in Pac 10 country. :lol:

marko138
09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
uh... NAVY was getting to your True Soph on EVERY down... they just couldn't wrap up... not gonna happen against USC or Penn State
Right. I'm counting on it. The Luckeyes will have trouble with the always stout PSU linebacking core.

And, for the record, I'm rooting for Ohio State this weekend. I need them to have the best record possible when they come to Happy Valley for their early November beat down.

z06boy
09-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I'd love to see tOSU beat USC but it just "ain't" gonna happen. I don't really care for tOSU but I like USC even less. :lol:

Mr Lefty
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I want ucla and usc to win this weekend... But have a feeling tenn will beat ucla. No chance for tOSU if they play the way they did last week.

So who's gonna be the surprise this year?

Trip
09-10-2009, 12:46 PM
I want ucla and usc to win this weekend... But have a feeling tenn will beat ucla. No chance for tOSU if they play the way they did last week.

only games I keep track of is SEC games, with that said I wouldn't be surprised if LSU goes down to Vandy if they play anything remotely like they did against UW.

z06boy
09-10-2009, 12:58 PM

Hopefully NOT ND.

marko138
09-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Hopefully NOT ND.
I 2nd that.

tommymac
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I 2nd that.

And 3rd, I frekin hate ND and hope USC lays a beating on them too.

z06boy
09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
And 3rd, I frekin hate ND and hope USC lays a beating on them too.

Now I will take USC over them...I just really don't care for ND.

tommymac
09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Now I will take USC over them...I just really don't care for ND.

I got sick of them being on tv every week due to that contract they signed with NBC. We would have ot watch them play teams like army and navy and we woul dmiss out on other good games. Then a few years they would win like 6 games and still manage to go to a bowl game.

Tom

z06boy
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
i got sick of them being on tv every week due to that contract they signed with nbc. We would have ot watch them play teams like army and navy and we woul dmiss out on other good games. Then a few years they would win like 6 games and still manage to go to a bowl game.

Tom

exactly !!!!

Mr Lefty
09-10-2009, 08:40 PM
what's the difference between Notre Dame and Cherieo's? only one belongs in a bowl.

tached1000rr
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
what's the difference between Notre Dame and Cherieo's? only one belongs in a bowl.

Hee-hee I HATE Notre Damned....

Quick281
09-11-2009, 04:28 AM
UGA: It is going to be interesting to see how the team does without Stafford or Moreno.

Florida

tached1000rr
09-11-2009, 08:12 AM
UGA: It is going to be interesting to see how the team does without Stafford or Moreno.

Florida

I was disappointed to see UGA lose to Oklahoma St.

Trip
09-11-2009, 08:22 AM

only SEC team to go down first week.

z06boy
09-11-2009, 09:01 AM

Me too.

Clemson and Tech was a pretty decent game lastnight...I was flipping back and forth between it and the NFL game.

Quick281
09-11-2009, 05:26 PM

It was quite disappointing for me as well. Things looked good at first and then they just flopped.

First opening loss for UGA under Mark Richt as well.

UGA v Gamecocks should be interesting, always a game of defense.

tached1000rr
09-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Me too.

Clemson and Tech was a pretty decent game lastnight...I was flipping back and forth between it and the NFL game.

Me too, I enjoyed both of them.

marko138
09-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm heading back to State College for the game tomorrow. Noon kick off.

TommyHotWheel
09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Hail to the Victors...Bitches!:rockwoot:

tommymac
09-12-2009, 11:47 PM
USC pulled one out:rockwoot:

Tom

HokieDNA01
09-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Virginia Tech. It isn't going to happen for us this year but I'm still cheering!!

Fleck750
09-13-2009, 12:05 AM

And they got their butt kicked by Michigan today, the worst team in the Big Ten last year.

I vote for Michigan. Have to, that's where I grew up. :D

Fleck750
09-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Hail to the Victors...Bitches!:rockwoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5p3HQfm5LI&feature=related

tommymac
09-13-2009, 01:21 AM
And they got their butt kicked by Michigan today, the worst team in the Big Ten last year.

I vote for Michigan. Have to, that's where I grew up. :D

its always good seeing ND loose.

Tom

Quick281
09-13-2009, 05:32 AM
There were some great games today.

UGA held off SC to the last play for the win. Really high scoring game which both sides enjoyed for once.

Curb
09-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Hail to the Victors...Bitches!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

USC pulled one out:rockwoot:

Tomi gotta say...i am actually glad that SC won. guess i hate OSU more than i thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5p3HQfm5LI&feature=related
hands down the best college fight song in the nation...Hail! To the Victors valiant.

Oh and it was biness as usual in the Swamp:D

marko138
09-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Here are a few pics from the PSU game this week.

A view of the tailgaters from the Suite level:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2437/3919654472_b9404210f1.jpg

Blue Band getting ready for the Lions to take the field:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/3919655484_caa03e9140.jpg

Fooseball action:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3441/3918871847_e3c53c6355.jpg

Syracuse threatening:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2508/3918872191_0399698b76.jpg

Crowd thinning out:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2659/3918874443_931676fcf2.jpg

tached1000rr
09-14-2009, 11:49 AM
good stuff Marko.... As much as I dislike OSU I dislike USC even more, still should be a good one between the Penn State and OSU though.

My Wolverines took care of Notre Dame this weekend, the rest of their season is a bonus for me at this point.:rockwoot:

marko138
09-14-2009, 12:10 PM
good stuff Marko.... As much as I dislike OSU I dislike USC even more, still should be a good one between the Penn State and OSU though.

My Wolverines took care of Notre Dame this weekend, the rest of their season is a bonus for me at this point.:rockwoot:
I hate ND so much. What a great loss...but they did get fucked by the Michigan time keeper...much like PSU did a few years ago.

Curb
09-14-2009, 01:08 PM
I hate ND so much. What a great loss...but they did get fucked by the Michigan time keeper...much like PSU did a few years ago.
actually they didn't...if you see the replay of the kickoff, the ND returner did actually tip the ball...and after they reviewed it it was determined that two seconds should've been taken off the clock.

Mr Lefty
09-14-2009, 09:40 PM
I was disappointed in the way USC played in all but the last 2 minutes of each half...

tOSU played much better and really controlled the line on both sides of the ball... they'll need to do that to beat PSU

My Beavers have a tough test this coming week against Cincy... gonna have to play much better than we have so far to beat them.

ND and Mich was a good game... I hate Mich... no particular reason... just do... but the new QB is gonna be a good one...