PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dave and Tori....

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 02:30 AM
Didn't you tell me that your gf wanted the Icon Bombshell Go Go outfit? Well, it's on clearance and my gf has it on order...$454 shipped for both in hot pink! I even got a set of Bridgestones BT-002RS for $215 in 120/70 & 190/55! Oh yea!

OneSickPsycho
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
And you can find this deal.... where?

karl_1052
09-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Pics of girl in chaps when delivered.

neebelung
09-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Pics of girl in chaps when delivered.

He's expecting a girl to be delivered?? Russian Mail Order bride??? :lol:

Dave
09-09-2009, 09:21 AM
toms ex had the pink ones, pretty sure those are out :lol: no one wants to remember her crazy ass

shmike
09-09-2009, 10:11 AM
$454 is a good deal?

I'd hate to see what is costs retail.

Dave
09-09-2009, 10:13 AM
$454 is a good deal?

i think hes talking jacket plus chaps.

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 10:16 AM
And you can find this deal.... where?

Cycle Sector, I didn't bother with the link since I know that most people on this site are avid Icon haters! It's a good deal though considering that the jacket alone cost $500 retail. Boy between this outfit and her new lid, well if someone hits her and claims "they didn't see her...":lol:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/kdk_0870.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/kdk_0871.jpg

Trip
09-09-2009, 10:19 AM
He's expecting a girl to be delivered?? Russian Mail Order bride??? :lol:

A coworker has a south american version. He is pretty proud of that fact too. He seems happy, he is a huge dork aka ugly and has a hot ass foreign wife.

shmike
09-09-2009, 10:20 AM
i think hes talking jacket plus chaps.

I know.

I'm still surprised.

I can't imagine anyone paying $500+ for an Icon anything.

neebelung
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
A coworker has a south american version. He is pretty proud of that fact too. He seems happy, he is a huge dork aka ugly and has a hot ass foreign wife.

Hey, good for him! Better than he'd do on his own, I'm sure! :lol:

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
$454 is a good deal?

Yea it's the jacket and chaps! Jacket was $500 and chaps were $325 retail. I know a lot of people are down on Icon but I'd put construction and materials up against anyone in the same price range. On a side note, has everyone seen the $1,300 jacket from A*....are you kidding me? The pants are about the same price...

http://www.alpinestars.com/365_GoreTex_Leather_Jacket/pd/np/121/p/310900.html

Sean
09-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I know.

I'm still surprised.

for realz, yo.

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 10:31 AM

Yep a guy I know in town that pulled a Phillipino chick over here and married her! He said he was tired of American women attitudes.:idk: He kind of got himself a permanent maid and sex slave the way it sounds... Wait, I said that like it's a BAD thing!:lol:

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 10:32 AM
for realz, yo.

Yea well, I never got paying double for a European bike so I guess we're even....:wink:

azoomm
09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Yea well, I never got paying double for a European bike so I guess we're even....:wink:

I don't understand the warnings on the labels of much of their gear... that states it is NOT designed as safety equipment. Hell, at that point you might as well just spend $500 for a pair of last season's Blahniks....

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't understand the warnings on the labels of much of their gear... that states it is NOT designed as safety equipment. Hell, at that point you might as well just spend $500 for a pair of last season's Blahniks....

Hahaha! I haven't heard that one in a while! I have several Icon jackets. The only such tag that ever appeared was a tag stating that their jacket wasn't "tested" to pass EC regulations 1992 (S.L. 1992/3139) and therefore cannot be "considered" personal protective equipment by those regulations. The truth is that Icon used as thick of leather as anyone and CE approved armor since day one. FWIW that was a condition that only pertained to some of their earliest garments and has been since rectified with EC certification. I completely acknowledge that no pair of chaps is ever going to pass EC certification imho. :lol: Btw I challenge anyone to find a company willing to guarantee complete protection in case of a crash.:lol: At least no one is writing articles claiming that a cheese and cabbage sandwich offers better protection!:lol: It's been a while since we've had an Icon battle! Bring it on!!!!:lol:

CrazyKell
09-09-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't get the icon bashing either. :idk:

I have a merc jacket that's held up amazing well. I've never been down in it but compared to other textiles I've seen it's the same or better construction. Also can't seem to find the label in it that tells me it's not safety gear. :?:

I think it looks pretty good for street gear and gives everyone more choice. I'm all for that.

azoomm
09-09-2009, 11:07 AM
It's been a while since we've had an Icon battle! Bring it on!!!!:lol:

No battle - I'm thrilled that people are buying and wearing ANYTHING other than bullshit windbreakers. And, even more happy when the helmet is on their HEAD rather than a rear sub-frame slider :lol:

I just choose to purchase and wear items that are better than those. But then, I DO understand buying European elitest machines :whistle:

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 11:23 AM
No battle - I'm thrilled that people are buying and wearing ANYTHING other than bullshit windbreakers. And, even more happy when the helmet is on their HEAD rather than a rear sub-frame slider :lol:

I just choose to purchase and wear items that are better than those. But then, I DO understand buying European elitest machines :whistle:

Hahaha! I still challenge you to define "better" show me a study that proves that a Dainese or A* jackets offers better protection. Especially in the same price range. Quite frankly, A* and Dainese jackets in this price range are all made in the same Chinese factories as AGV, Icon, Joe Rocket, etc...

Haha, conversely I know that even if I could prove that a $300 Icon jacket offers the same or even better protection as a $900 Dainese/A* you'd still buy the more expensive jacket just to snub your nose at us plebeians!:lol: I guess I DO actually understand the elitist mindset after all.:lol:

Sean
09-09-2009, 11:25 AM

You're telling that to the guy on the Triumph?

Trip
09-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Yep a guy I know in town that pulled a Phillipino chick over here and married her! He said he was tired of American women attitudes.:idk: He kind of got himself a permanent maid and sex slave the way it sounds... Wait, I said that like it's a BAD thing!:lol:

yeah, sounds like the same situation. She does everything for him, he has this nice homemade meal for lunch everyday with some awesome homemade dessert. Only downside he says is that he sends a good size check to her family every month to help them out.

Trip
09-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Hahaha! I still challenge you to define "better" show me a study that proves that a Dainese or A* jackets offers better protection. Especially in the same price range. Quite frankly, A* and Dainese jackets in this price range are all made in the same Chinese factories as AGV, Icon, Joe Rocket, etc...

Haha, conversely I know that even if I could prove that a $300 Icon jacket offers the same or even better protection as a $900 Dainese/A* you'd still buy the more expensive jacket just to snub your nose at us plebeians!:lol: I guess I DO actually understand the elitist mindset after all.:lol:

I have done a self study. My A* shit is not top notch quality. Seams break, shit worn out quick on some of the stuff. Some of it has taken a beating and survived though. It seems real hit or miss with them. I have an Icon jacket I bought when I first started riding and it has seen all sorts of conditions and still looks brand new. It mostly gets used as a cool weather jacket now, but I would rank it's quality up there with any of the A* stuff I have.

As far as helmets, all cost gets you is bells and whistles. Helmet studies have shown cheap ass walmart bell helmet do just as well as any shoei helmet. The difference is weight of helmet and how well the helmet performs in the wind, not safety.

Homeslice
09-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Yeah that type of marriage will really last.

Well, it might if your relationship consists solely of coming home, watching TV, and having sex :lol:

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I have done a self study. My A* shit is not top notch quality. Seams break, shit worn out quick on some of the stuff. Some of it has taken a beating and survived though. It seems real hit or miss with them. I have an Icon jacket I bought when I first started riding and it has seen all sorts of conditions and still looks brand new. It mostly gets used as a cool weather jacket now, but I would rank it's quality up there with any of the A* stuff I have.

As far as helmets, all cost gets you is bells and whistles. Helmet studies have shown cheap ass walmart bell helmet do just as well as any shoei helmet. The difference is weight of helmet and how well the helmet performs in the wind, not safety.

Now here's something we can agree on! As you know I have quite a few lids and they span the gamut from a Sparx $89 lid to a $600-800 Shark RSR2/Arai RX7 and the main differences are comfort, noise, weight, and finish. I've decided to stick to the higher end models because of the "bells and whistles" not because I think that they offer "better protection". As far as jackets go, I've had similar experiences with Dainese vs Icon.:idk:

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah that type of marriage will really last.

Well, it might if your relationship consists solely of coming home, watching TV, and having sex :lol:

Um.... it doesn't? What, do you actually talk to yours? Hey fellas, Homeslice TALKS to his woman!!!!:lol: What a pansy!:wink:

Homeslice
09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Yea it's the jacket and chaps! Jacket was $500 and chaps were $325 retail. I know a lot of people are down on Icon but I'd put construction and materials up against anyone in the same price range. On a side note, has everyone seen the $1,300 jacket from A*....are you kidding me? The pants are about the same price...
[/url]

I can guarantee you they'll end up cutting the price, and you'll start seeing them for like 40% off on Ebay. A leather jacket with a Gore-Tex liner? Pretty stupid IMO. Yeah, let's take a nice leather jacket in the rain on a regular basis, when you could have purchased a separate textile outfit for those duties. For $1,200 I could get easily both a leather jacket AND a full textile touring suit.

Plus that jacket isn't even all that great looking.

Dave
09-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I know.

I'm still surprised.

my motorhead battlecry jacket retailed for 600. Thick ass leather and its cut to fit real people, not 90 lb italian midgets

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
You're telling that to the guy on the Triumph?

Um... KTM and Husqvarna? I understand that Triumph has most of their parts made in Asia to keep the prices down now so they can hardly be counted as a European make.:wink:

Dave
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
yeah, sounds like the same situation. She does everything for him, he has this nice homemade meal for lunch everyday with some awesome homemade dessert. Only downside he says is that he sends a good size check to her family every month to help them out.

tl packs me a lunch everyday and cooks me dinner damn near every night. She even handles the utility bills for the house. Born here raised here

Trip
09-09-2009, 01:02 PM
tl packs me a lunch everyday and cooks me dinner damn near every night. She even handles the utility bills for the house. Born here raised here

Is she your willing sex slave too? I mean like hardcore willing sex slave, not just jocular in manner man talk shit. If so, good on you.

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I can guarantee you they'll end up cutting the price, and you'll start seeing them for like 40% off on Ebay. A leather jacket with a Gore-Tex liner? Pretty stupid IMO. Yeah, let's take a nice leather jacket in the rain on a regular basis, when you could have purchased a separate textile outfit for those duties. For $1,200 I could get easily both a leather jacket AND a full textile touring suit.

Plus that jacket isn't even all that great looking.

Yea me and Disco at Cycle Sector were cracking up over that jacket for about 15 minutes! You could get a nice A* racing suit, gloves, boots and rain gear for that!

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 01:05 PM

Well, New Jersey is almost a third world country.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

my motorhead battlecry jacket retailed for 600. Thick ass leather and its cut to fit real people, not 90 lb italian midgets

:lol::lol::lol:

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Is she your willing sex slave too? I mean like hardcore willing sex slave, not just jocular in manner man talk shit. If so, good on you.

Are you kidding? She's a Jersey girl, she probably begs for it every night!

Homeslice
09-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Yea me and Disco at Cycle Sector were cracking up over that jacket for about 15 minutes! You could get a nice A* racing suit, gloves, boots and rain gear for that!

Yeah I've never understood it. I figure if you were ballin' and wanted to show off a nice jacket, you'd get something more exotic.

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah I've never understood it. I figure if you were ballin' and wanted to show off a nice jacket, you'd get something more exotic.

Yea we were joking that it should be made from Rhinoceros skin for that kind of money!!!:lol:

Dave
09-09-2009, 03:43 PM

im withholding comments on the chance she reads this thread and beats my ass later :lol:

Well, New Jersey is almost a third world country.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

we sure get taxed and represented like one :lmao:

derf
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
In Daves defense, Tori has cooked food for me pretty much every time I have been at their house. i wont mention the sex though. :rockwoot:

azoomm
09-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Research Kushitani and then tell me there is a reason it shouldn't cost more.... I'm curious...

Amber Lamps
09-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Research Kushitani and then tell me there is a reason it shouldn't cost more.... I'm curious...

Hey baby! Do you really believe that any company can justify a $1300 jacket made of cow leather?:wink: Really? Oh and the pants, yep another $1200, so that's a cool $2500 for a two piece suit and you think that is reasonable because it is A*? Okay.

Homeslice
09-10-2009, 12:08 AM
You're talking about the Alpinestars right? Because I thought Kushitani jackets were about $700 or so.

Amber Lamps
09-10-2009, 12:22 AM
You're talking about the Alpinestars right? Because I thought Kushitani jackets were about $700 or so.

Yea, I'm talking about A*s, I'm not sure what Kushitani has to do with this. If a Kushitani or Dainese or even A* jacket was "only" $200 more than the Icon (about 30%), I could see it but when it's $269 vs $1300, aw hell no!!!:lol:

I've owned 5 "high end" jackets in my life, 2 Dainese, 1 Vanson, 1 Spidi and 1 Kushitani. I hated the cut of the last three and they ended up returned. I still have the Dainese. I'm not saying that the premium jackets weren't better (notice I didn't count the 2 A* jackets I own) BUT they weren't worth $1300 to me and there's no way I would give more that $500 for an A* jacket period! If you believe that a Kushitani, Dainese, Rev It, RS Taichi, etc jacket is somehow worth $1300, well more power to you sister! As long as the jacket in question is made from cow leather, I don't see it. I don't care who makes it.

Homeslice
09-10-2009, 12:29 AM
See I don't believe there's any jacket costing 1300 except for that Gore-Tex Alpinestars you posted.

Amber Lamps
09-10-2009, 01:39 AM
See I don't believe there's any jacket costing 1300 except for that Gore-Tex Alpinestars you posted.

Um that the jacket I posted... I started this thread, remember? Azoom wants to discuss Kushitani. I had the jacket and their two piece gloves back in the day and hated them!!! Maybe I'm being vague but my point is their doesn't exist a jacket that is worth $1300. I'm not sure what Kushitani has to do with this... ask Azoom. I posted about Icon and A*.:lol::lol:

Amber Lamps
09-10-2009, 02:02 AM
Well, I went looking for Kushitani and I'm wondering where she buys it? The Kushitani web site is from 2006 as is the last web-zine write up I could find. What is kool is that I found my old Kushitani jacket... I couldn't find my old two piece gloves though. I understand that Kush raises their own cows and makes nothing but super high quality gear, I get it. Yet still their jackets aren't over $600.

Homeslice
09-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Horribly out of style as well. How long have they had that Dragon design, like 10 years at least? Lol....

Amber Lamps
09-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Horribly out of style as well. How long have they had that Dragon design, like 10 years at least? Lol....

Hey man that was the shit back in the day! I hated that jacket though, it fit horribly!

Dave
09-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Well, I went looking for Kushitani and I'm wondering where she buys it? The Kushitani web site is from 2006 as is the last web-zine write up I could find. What is kool is that I found my old Kushitani jacket... I couldn't find my old two piece gloves though. I understand that Kush raises their own cows and makes nothing but super high quality gear, I get it. Yet still their jackets aren't over $600.

you mean they are the samsung of riding gear? vertical integration aint for everybody :lol:

Homeslice
09-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey man that was the shit back in the day! I hated that jacket though, it fit horribly!
Certainly looks like it. What's up with those shoulders?

I couldn't fit into Spidi jackets either, the arm holes were too high up and felt like straightjackets

Trip
09-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Something I have found is dual sport gear is ridiculously expensive for something that isn't leather...

Homeslice
09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Something I have found is dual sport gear is ridiculously expensive for something that isn't leather...

That's because dual-sports (at least the Euro ones) are marketed towards middle-aged wannabe-Indiana Jones types, and they know they can afford it.

Amber Lamps
09-10-2009, 11:43 AM

No offense but some of that BMW stuff should come with free hand jobs! I mean what make their Codura 600 3x better than, say Joe Rockets?:lol:

Dave
09-10-2009, 12:19 PM
No offense but some of that BMW stuff should come with free hand jobs! I mean what make their Codura 600 3x better than, say Joe Rockets?:lol:

bad example. The rocket stuff will fall apart in the parking lot before you get back to the bike

Homeslice
09-10-2009, 12:27 PM

Stitching quality? :idk: Depends who they farmed it out to. If it was some dipfuck factory in Pakistan, I'd rather have Joe Rocket.

Amber Lamps
09-10-2009, 12:42 PM
bad example. The rocket stuff will fall apart in the parking lot before you get back to the bike

Ah, I couldn't think of anyone that is big in the textile stuff off the top.:lol: How about Tour Master?:lol:

derf
09-10-2009, 04:35 PM

That BMW shield they add to everything is actually a laser shield that will protect you in a fall