PDA

View Full Version : New contest!! Member of the month!!

the chi
09-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Hey folks! In an effort to get some good riding related material going and bring a little competition to the board, we are beginning a new contest -

MEMBER OF THE MONTH!

Each month a theme will be announced. What each member needs to do is come up with your BEST riding related story that matches the theme for the month. We also need some information about you to share with other members!

This is the format all Entries need to follow:

Member Name:
Current Ride:
How many years have you been riding:
What is your preferred style(Track, Street, Dirt, Etc):
Dream ride and why:
Best Advice for your fellow riders:

Story Submittal:

All entries need to be submitted via PM to me, The Chi, no later than the 25th of each month for consideration. The Theme for each month will be announced by the 5th of every month.

Entries will be reviewed by the Staff and a winner chosen by Staff members. (Staff Members are not eligible for entry)

The winner will be featured on the front page (additional perks forthcoming).

THIS MONTHS THEME: Most Memorable Ride!!

Give me DETAILS! Why is it your most memorable ride? What did you see? What did you experience? Meet any cool people? You get the picture, now GET ON IT! :dthumb:

neebelung
09-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Woo hoooo!! Can't wait to hear everyone's stories!!

derf
09-09-2009, 05:21 PM
And who will be the judge of this riding related stories? Hmmmm?

Yup I can readz too!

the chi
09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Derf, remove your post, PM it to me directly, no open forum entries. As stated above, STAFF does the choosing.

HurricaneHeather
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
SOMEONE doesnt read the instructions.

Derf, remove your post, PM it to me directly, no open forum entries. As stated above, STAFF does the choosing.

Does that mean we don't get to read all the stories? Just the one that wins?

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Aw man, and I had a bunch of pictures of my dick loaded on photobucket and ready to go!!!!!:lol:

On a serious note, it might be interesting to be able to read all of the stories... $.02:idk:

derf
09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
SOMEONE doesnt read the instructions.

Chi, NO, SOMEONE doesnt read the instructions. i removed my post I PM'd it to you directly.

Mr Lefty
09-09-2009, 07:44 PM
blah you should do it so we can nominate others... IMO... that way we don't have Derf and the other Egomaniacs pictures on our font page

:lol:

the chi
09-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Chi, NO, SOMEONE doesnt read the instructions. i removed my post I PM'd it to you directly.

Outstanding. Thank you dear. You are the first!

I will reconnoiter with the Staff and let you know their thoughts on open viewing.

Personally, I think it gives it more excitement not knowing what the stories will be...

the chi
09-09-2009, 07:48 PM
blah you should do it so we can nominate others... IMO... that way we don't have Derf and the other Egomaniacs pictures on our font page

:lol:

Others dont know "your" story like you do goober. It would remove the need for theme and story.

I did forget to mention, after the winner is announced each month, there will be discussion with everyone sharing their stories. I will compile the no first placers and put it in a thread and then everyone who didnt feel like entering can share and discuss.

That way we get good threads AND members get to see the stories!

Amber Lamps
09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Others dont know "your" story like you do goober. It would remove the need for theme and story.

I did forget to mention, after the winner is announced each month, there will be discussion with everyone sharing their stories. I will compile the no first placers and put it in a thread and then everyone who didnt feel like entering can share and discuss.

That way we get good threads AND members get to see the stories!

Gosh Rae, you are wonderful!:lol:

HurricaneHeather
09-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Sweet! Sounds like fun.

racedoll
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah, in the end or sometime it would be nice to read the stories. Doesn't matter when, but at some point. Maybe it would spark more questions/threads.

azoomm
09-09-2009, 10:17 PM
WooHoo! I can't wait to see :)

the chi
09-11-2009, 05:05 PM
BUMP!!

I need entries people!!!

I know you all have great stories on your most memorable ride, share them!!

Gas Man
09-12-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't know about most memorable.

I could talk about the gap ride in june.

Or how about the ride to a bike night 2 weeks ago... then up to a sleezy disgusting strip club, then almost dieing in a ball of flames on the ride home when the leader of the pack flung a metal gas can from the street right towards me with gas spitting out all over my bike and me, hoping I wasn't going to run over this metal can (being 2hrs from home in the sticks).

Those are just recent stories...

DIMford
09-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll get one in this week. Need sleep now... Good night.

racedoll
09-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I haven't had a nice long ride in a while to even have a good story. :(

Cutty72
09-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I put one in.
It's from awhile ago, and not the best story, but it killed some time.

the chi
09-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks to those who have participated, I cant wait to see all your stories! Keep'em coming!

marko138
09-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I haven't had a nice long ride in a while to even have a good story. :(
Same here...and the last one I was on...the lead bike hit a deer and broke his leg and wrist...and did $3500 bucks in damage to his sparkly KTM Sumo 990. All while keeping that bad boy on 2 wheels.

the chi
09-14-2009, 09:30 AM
It is allowable to use an OLD story folks!! Any story! Ive gotten a couple more entries, but I need more! Lets go guys!!

the chi
09-23-2009, 03:19 PM
BUMP!!!

Come on people, there's still time for entries!!!

Particle Man
10-02-2009, 11:05 PM
You said "Member"

[/Bevis]

mutley
11-26-2009, 04:29 AM
I would but take forever and you forever to dispicher it. and only got 1 month

Mr Lefty
11-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I would but take forever and you forever to dispicher it. and only got 1 month
so you could submit it for November 2012

N2O Junkie
11-30-2009, 11:39 PM
oops. pm sent

MFFJM2
03-30-2011, 03:04 PM
I'd like to send an entry, but I need a real e-mail address.

the chi
03-30-2011, 03:09 PM
I'd like to send an entry, but I need a real e-mail address.

Check your email account, I replied via email...I'll send a PM momentarily.