PDA

View Full Version : Fiddy/Big Wheel Report

Trip
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
So I won both, so I thought I would do a seperate thread to post pics and vids as they pop up.

Fiddy Race:

We lined up with me on the second row, in the middle for a 15 lap race around the parking lot. Well one dude started to go before the drop of the flag and brake checked and that killed him off the start, then they dropped the flag and everyone went and one dude's bike at the front just didn't go off the line and he clogged the field down and I somehow manage to squeeze through the hole and took the holeshot from row 2. I led the first 5 or so laps. Then I started hearing it. Ben who runs the store was right on my ass yelling all kinds of shit to get me to turn around. I didn't fall for it. I held him up til we caught lap traffic. I got held up and he made a killer move to the inside and got by. I lost him in traffic and he was pulling away like mad. I finally made my way through and was gaining only a little bit. We caught the field again somewhere in the lap 8-10. He made a bad move to try to split people and became a ping pong. They slowed and I caught them. I knew if I didn't take this opportunity, I would have to settle for second. I said screw it and decided it was time for checkers or wreckers. I drove it into the corner as hard as I could and hit the brakes at the last possible second and took it 4 wide into the gas tank turn with me on the inside, a lapper, then ben, and the other lapper. I came out and passed more traffic which gave Ben some trouble in passing and took home the flag. It was a pretty cool battle. Wish I had it on video.

Big Wheel Race:

I have the video. I had a crash in the hairpin in the heat race. I made it through in the final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPcowPBVcrc

Will post more pics when they come up.

Pics:

How you get the winning fiddy to the gap when you don't have a trailer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/xring04/Bike/1-2.jpg

All the toys:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/xring04/Bike/5-2.jpg

Ben and I taking the gas tank turn:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/Adventuremyk/BOSB-2008/50race/17.jpg

Various Action

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/Adventuremyk/BOSB-2008/50race/21.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/Adventuremyk/BOSB-2008/50race/20.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/Adventuremyk/BOSB-2008/50race/15.jpg

Aftermath of the final pass:

Me in the green shirt, the lapper right behind me that got stuffed between me and Ben, Ben in the red hoody, and the Blata on the outside.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/Adventuremyk/BOSB-2008/50race/12.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/Adventuremyk/BOSB-2008/50race/13.jpg

psychochild28
04-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Awesome pics, what's with the fireworks in the video?

Captain Morgan
04-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Didn't melt any wheels off this year? I'd love to be able to do that. No place around here to do it.

Trip
04-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Awesome pics, what's with the fireworks in the video?

I recorded over boomsday, when the camera cut out from vibration, it let the old recording through.

Didn't melt any wheels off this year? I'd love to be able to do that. No place around here to do it.

Yeah some other people fell to melting issues or crash damage, I got mine solid now.

the chi
04-14-2008, 12:14 AM
that shits hilarious!! Congrats on the victories!

Trip
04-14-2008, 11:08 AM
testing thumbnail resize on attachments

plus my trophies are kewl

the chi
04-14-2008, 11:15 AM
testing thumbnail resize on attachments

plus my trophies are kewl

did they wanna kick your ass for winning everything?

LaFemmes
04-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Looks like a great time.:)

Trip
04-14-2008, 11:17 AM
did they wanna kick your ass for winning everything?

yeah, they weren't happy about it. :lol:

Rider
04-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Did Chewy participate with you? LOL

Trip
04-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Did Chewy participate with you? LOL

nah, I had some issues with zipties, the vibration was so bad I lost my taillight earlier in the day. I didn't want to risk chewy

fpzx10
04-14-2008, 11:36 AM
That rocks. Maybe I'll get up for the EOSB. Congrats, dude

Trip
04-14-2008, 12:05 PM
That rocks. Maybe I'll get up for the EOSB. Congrats, dude

That will most likely be during my wedding, so I don't get to defend my titles.

fpzx10
04-14-2008, 12:07 PM

What's the wedding date, again?

dReWpY
04-14-2008, 01:11 PM
first i would like to say "i hate you" and im jealous, stupid work got in the way, but congrats

Cutty72
04-14-2008, 06:52 PM

What, you're gonna let a little old wedding get in the way of defending your title!?

Pussy.

vabarber2
04-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Awsome pics, sounds like you had a great time, congrats. I wish I was small enough to and had a place to ride 50 since it's good practice.

the chi
04-14-2008, 07:40 PM
you cant possbily be too big, really...I have friends that are HUGE and they can get on the lil boogers with no problem, they look a lil funny, and they cant go as fast as someone my size but still...its wildly entertaining...

especially when famous last words before getting on are "here, hold my beer"...ah the memories...:lol:

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 07:42 PM
I think trips' a pretty tall lanky guy... :idk: I've sat on a 50 it was cramped but still do able... and I'm 6'3... pocket bikes might be another thing though

the chi
04-14-2008, 07:46 PM
I think trips' a pretty tall lanky guy... :idk: I've sat on a 50 it was cramped but still do able... and I'm 6'3... pocket bikes might be another thing though

he is but I dont think he's as tall as you, but i had a buddy, 6' and well over 235 lbs that could still get around on a 50cc pocket bike...he was over the limit for specs, but he could still move!

Trip
04-14-2008, 07:49 PM
I am 6'1" and about 180. I also have a tall fiddy because I have a longer front end and swingarm.

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 07:52 PM
your about the same build as me looks like... I'm a little taller but about the same weight.

did you mod the 50 yourself or buy it that way?

Trip
04-14-2008, 08:04 PM
your about the same build as me looks like... I'm a little taller but about the same weight.

did you mod the 50 yourself or buy it that way?

it was modded a lot, i changed some stuff but it kept the same dimensions. I had to change front ends because I wanted disc brakes instead of drum. I regeared it for tight parking lot racing, did some cosmetic stuff too.

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 08:15 PM
how much you sink into that? I'd be intrested in getting one... but I'll probably just end up with a dirtbike... unless i endup getting a small house IN the city... then it's 50cc's to anoy the neighbors! :lol:

Trip
04-14-2008, 08:21 PM
how much you sink into that? I'd be intrested in getting one... but I'll probably just end up with a dirtbike... unless i endup getting a small house IN the city... then it's 50cc's to anoy the neighbors! :lol:

$1000 initial purchase
$90 oil catch
traded my forks for BBR SP-5 forks and $50
$150 disc brakes
+ new oil every other time I ride the thing and a new air filter and new tires
it needs a new swingarm cause I cant find bearings for the ebay piece it has on it.

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 08:22 PM
nice... not bad at all...

Trip
04-14-2008, 08:27 PM
nice... not bad at all...

It was worth every penny too. I can't begin to describe how it felt to hear the crowd of 200-300 people cheering and booing every lead change during the race and then to take the flag and go around the lot holding it up for all the camera flashes and cheers. It was literally one of the best moments of my life so far. I played sports, scored goals in high school lacrosse, but it was always for a team. I did this myself and with my girl and mom (who normally lives in Singapore) there to see it was something special. Plus to win it the way I did, beating one of the riders/person I most respect at the gap, was just phenomenal.

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 08:32 PM
damn that many people?! shit! that would be a blast! I thought it was just a small thing like the Bigwheel race...

way cool

Trip
04-14-2008, 08:35 PM
damn that many people?! shit! that would be a blast! I thought it was just a small thing like the Bigwheel race...

way cool

The same crowd was there for the big wheel race. They just were in all the different turns and shit. Actually probably less though, because they are already getting drunk by the firepit and doing other things after the raffle. The fiddy race is a lot earlier in the the night than the big wheel race. The raffle is inbetween the fiddy/big wheel race. So a lot of people dont stay up for the big wheels.

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 09:20 PM
:lol: just didn't think that there was that big a draw! cool...

what was the route for the 50 race?

Trip
04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
:lol: just didn't think that there was that big a draw! cool...

what was the route for the 50 race?

From the top of the parking lot down inside the gas tanks, around the pole, out to the sign island and around it, and back up to the top of the parking lot.

I will try to find a good aerial of the lot.

Full Throttle
04-17-2008, 11:31 AM
this all sounds freaking wicked. congrats on your win.

ceo012384
04-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Congrats on the wins trip. Must.... get.... fiddy....

instead since I'm broke I will prob just rehab my old minibike though...

comonboys
04-18-2008, 01:43 PM
What, you're gonna let a little old wedding get in the way of defending your title!?

Pussy.

I am thinking the finance will have a big say in that. Your ass would be grass if you went to something like that instead of our wedding.

Trip
04-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I am thinking the finance will have a big say in that. Your ass would be grass if you went to something like that instead of our wedding.

That would be funny to leave my wedding reception early to go defend my titles. I told A that and she didn't think it was so funny.

comonboys
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
That would be funny to leave my wedding reception early to go defend my titles. I told A that and she didn't think it was so funny.

I don't think it would be funny at all either..... It's my day damnit.....

dReWpY
04-21-2008, 05:07 PM
funny, pc said the same thing when we got to talking about, i think i got a death stare through the phone when i mentioned leathers instead of traditional garments

Trip
04-21-2008, 05:10 PM
funny, pc said the same thing when we got to talking about, i think i got a death stare through the phone when i mentioned leathers instead of traditional garments

I think you like getting in trouble more than me. :lol:

psychochild28
04-21-2008, 07:32 PM

I don't care it's just i'm not gonna wear them....no way i'm sweating that much in those things when it's mid june/july/aug. :lol:

OneSickPsycho
04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't care it's just i'm not gonna wear them....no way i'm sweating that much in those things when it's mid june/july/aug. :lol:

Fall wedding FTW!