PDA

View Full Version : Possible repeat of last years May Suches rally?

Amorok
09-14-2009, 12:10 AM
So I really dug last year's southern rally in May, and I'd really like to do it again. Is there any interest? The locations can move if that's what people want, or we can shift the date a little (a weekend other than Mother's Day might be good this time) I'm open to suggestions. Let me know if anyone wants to do this next Mayish so we can start planning now!

derf
09-14-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm pretty sure that it is already a thought, just nothing planned yet. TwFix has done a few already

Trip
09-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I say we definitely move the date. Mothers Day was a bad idea. Early June. Like the 5th and 6th. Shouldn't have issues with hurricanes.

I really liked the Suches everyone in the same place type thing, moving it around is fun though. Seeing the same place gets old. Theres a pretty cool section of Western NC, more to the north. That would be fun to explore.

Amber Lamps
09-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I say we definitely move the date. Mothers Day was a bad idea. Early June. Like the 5th and 6th. Shouldn't have issues with hurricanes.

Works for me!!!:rockwoot:

Riceaholic
09-14-2009, 01:44 AM
I'm in again for sure...

psychochild28
09-14-2009, 03:22 AM
I'm game as long as I'm not out on the road.

Mr Lefty
09-14-2009, 06:14 AM
it may be tough for me to make it this year... I've got a wedding the first week of may in GA... and my Brother's the weekend of the 22nd in Iowa. if we move it back to mid june I might be able to make it...

OR... we could look at doing it in AR this time... the place I camped at... Iron Horse Stables in Eureka Springs AR was pretty pimp (I camped) they have camp sites and rooms...

Smilieman lives 45mins from there and these are his roads... I had a blast there before going on down to Rae's Last year on my Indy trip.

tommymac
09-14-2009, 07:36 AM
I should be good to go again and hopefully I dont ride a good chunk of 19 hrs in a raging monsoon.

Tom

Antwanny
09-14-2009, 03:30 PM
so who wants to pick me up?

Phenix_Rider
09-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Wherever, whenever! :rockwoot:

tommymac
09-14-2009, 03:39 PM
So long as I can stay the high mileage champ :rockwoot:

Tom

derf
09-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Wow, I'm not voting for arkansas, its a crappy place

Antwanny
09-14-2009, 05:21 PM

Well you could come out here and ride high way 1 down the coast.:whatwhat: only 75 miles twisty coastline about 700 feet up from the pacific ocean and big friggin rocks.

Trip
09-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Is week leading up to June 5th/6th weekend good for everyone?

Amber Lamps
09-14-2009, 06:24 PM

Lock it down oh fearless leader!!!! Btw I vote for the same everything basically or a week at the Gap with day trips to other locations.

Amber Lamps
09-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Wherever, whenever! :rockwoot:

Guess what? We can be "twins", I picked up a pair of the Icon Automag pants! I have always hated track leather pants! I have the field armor leg armor and the shorts from Icon and if I really want to feel safe, I'll put on my old Dainese under armor pants I have from back in the day...pass the Monkey Butt Powder, though!!!:lol:

Phenix_Rider
09-14-2009, 06:36 PM

That'll work.

derf
09-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Lock it down oh fearless leader!!!! Btw I vote for the same everything basically or a week at the Gap with day trips to other locations.

Sounds like a good plan, and good dates too

the chi
09-14-2009, 06:49 PM
This may be the one year I dont make it...If I do tho, those dates are good.

Amber Lamps
09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Sounds like a good plan, and good dates too

Actually, Deal's Gap is in the middle of no where but it's not a bad starting point to get to somewhere in a couple hours or so.

Phenix_Rider
09-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Guess what? We can be "twins", I picked up a pair of the Icon Automag pants! I have always hated track leather pants! I have the field armor leg armor and the shorts from Icon and if I really want to feel safe, I'll put on my old Dainese under armor pants I have from back in the day...pass the Monkey Butt Powder, though!!!:lol:

They are great pants for long trips. The rest of that underneath would be really uncomfortable. Jeans and underarmour are plenty. Just don't forget you don't have kneepucks!

Amber Lamps
09-14-2009, 07:02 PM
They are great pants for long trips. The rest of that underneath would be really uncomfortable. Jeans and underarmour are plenty. Just don't forget you don't have kneepucks!

I actually have a velcro kit to install pucks if I want....

Cutty72
09-14-2009, 07:07 PM

No.

So long as I can stay the high mileage champ :rockwoot:

Tom

If they do it that early... yes.

I will not return to the land of US of A until Aug probably.

Granted. If its in the GA/NC/SC/TN area, I probably wouldn't go anyway...

Trip
09-14-2009, 07:08 PM
No.

If they do it that early... yes.

I will not return to the land of US of A until Aug probably.

Granted. If its in the GA/NC/SC/TN area, I probably wouldn't go anyway...

Well this is the south rally, so it will be in the south. Ya'll can organize a rally closer to you guys.

Cutty72
09-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Well this is the south rally, so it will be in the south. Ya'll can organize a rally closer to you guys.

why the fuck would I want a rally around here!?!?! So we can all ride to the end of the straight road, turn around and come back? :lol:

If we can get something under the thousand mile mark I'd think harder about it.

Mr Lefty
09-14-2009, 07:38 PM

but the riding in the Ozarks is awesome

I'm out if we do it that weekend... I'll have just gotten back from my brothers wedding.

Trip
09-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm out if we do it that weekend... I'll have just gotten back from my brothers wedding.

From the sounds of your schedule for may, you probably wouldn't be able to do anything early summer/spring time frame.

Phenix_Rider
09-14-2009, 08:11 PM
why the fuck would I want a rally around here!?!?! So we can all ride to the end of the straight road, turn around and come back? :lol:

If we can get something under the thousand mile mark I'd think harder about it.

We can always plan for another fall rally farther north.

Mr Lefty
09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
From the sounds of your schedule for may, you probably wouldn't be able to do anything early summer/spring time frame.

well I could maybe swing by for long weekend... by then I should have the 800gs... so that trip won't be nearly as punishing...

Cutty72
09-14-2009, 11:22 PM
We can always plan for another fall rally farther north.

That I would be up for.
Might even be able to convince comonboys to join in the festivities.

Amorok
09-17-2009, 06:20 AM
Ok so it looks like the week before 5/6 June is the time frame and the Gap is the location. Do we want to stay at DGMR again or maybe somewhere in Robinsvile. I dug TWO and Suches a lot, but I'm game for whatever.

Amber Lamps
09-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Ok so it looks like the week before 5/6 June is the time frame and the Gap is the location. Do we want to stay at DGMR again or maybe somewhere in Robinsvile. I dug TWO and Suches a lot, but I'm game for whatever.

Two was okay but YOU get to stay in the jail cell if we go back! With Tommy and Riceaholic btw!!!!:lol:

Trip
09-17-2009, 02:21 PM

We can get a big house that fits a lot of people as an option.

Riceaholic
09-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Two was okay but YOU get to stay in the jail cell if we go back! With Tommy and Riceaholic btw!!!!:lol:

If me and Tommy stay in the same room, the snoring cancels itself out...:lol:

Amber Lamps
09-17-2009, 02:37 PM
If me and Tommy stay in the same room, the snoring cancels itself out...:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

We can get a big house that fits a lot of people as an option.

Sounds good bro!

Trip
09-17-2009, 03:10 PM
started a new thread to decide location and lodging

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10529

tommymac
09-17-2009, 03:31 PM

I think he did stay with us at TWO, but not at the gap.

Amber Lamps
09-17-2009, 07:50 PM
I think he did stay with us at TWO, but not at the gap.

Not in the dungeon he didn't!:lol:

Amorok
09-18-2009, 12:11 PM
At DGMR I was in the room next to you, but at TWO I was in the same room as tommy, which was great since his snoring was so loud that nobody complained about mine.

Amber Lamps
09-18-2009, 04:40 PM
At DGMR I was in the room next to you, but at TWO I was in the same room as tommy, which was great since his snoring was so loud that nobody complained about mine.

Exactly my evil plan! I'll put you all in the same room and harness the sonic energy produced to drill a hole to the Earth's core unless you pay me one hundred trillion dollars... buahahahahahaha!!!!!