PDA

View Full Version : My Puppy Loves To Ride!!!

Amber Lamps
04-14-2008, 01:49 AM
So I got a new American Eskimo puppy last week and in-between potty training I've been working on getting him comfortable on the bike with great sucess!!! We put on over 100 miles together today! He really seems to like it!
Here he is loaded up in my specially modified tankbag,on the bike ready to go,and after a long ride!!! Oh yea I named him "Nimbus" and he's 7 weeks old!

Mr Lefty
04-14-2008, 02:16 AM
cute look'n dog... man I can't wait to get back to the states and get my dog back... and hopefully get another... dogs FTMFW!

NONE_too_SOFT
04-14-2008, 06:31 AM
please, dont kill your dog by doing a wheely and getting blown off the road.

Dave
04-14-2008, 06:41 AM
hey so if the dog doesnt wear gear does that make him a squid too?

6doublefive321
04-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Now that is a pussy magnet. You'll have to beat the chicks away.

fpzx10
04-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Good job, Tig :dthumb:

Trip
04-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Good job, Tig :dthumb:

Imagine taking your dog for a ride, I could see him either standing on top the windscreen or jumping out at speed.

upshift
04-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Good looking dog man :dthumb: Enjoy it while it lasts cus unless you teach him to ride two up on the back it might be hard to take him when he gets bigger :lol:

Rider
04-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Cool dog.

the chi
04-14-2008, 08:47 AM
thats the cutest damn pup I have ever seen!!! How big is he sposed to get?

neebelung
04-14-2008, 08:53 AM

:werd: Super fuckin cute!!!!

They don't get very big at all - and they STAY mega cute (we had neighbors once that bred them, so they had droves of little white furballs :lol: )

OneSickPsycho
04-14-2008, 09:16 AM
My parents when on a poker run a couple years ago and a guy had his dog with him... He crashed and killed both of them. I posted it on :twf: ... Don't take your dog on the bike.

Amber Lamps
04-14-2008, 11:49 AM

About 15 lbs,he's a minature version so I should be able to bring him for a while!

Imagine taking your dog for a ride, I could see him either standing on top the windscreen or jumping out at speed.

Yea,I bought a harness and have him strapped in pretty good.

My parents when on a poker run a couple years ago and a guy had his dog with him... He crashed and killed both of them. I posted it on :twf: ... Don't take your dog on the bike.

I honestly appreciate the concern but it's no different than bringing any loved one on your bike in my opinion. For what it's worth,just like when I ride two-up,I take it SUPER EASY to minimize the risk. You can't tell but I have him strapped into a "capsule" and have put foam all around. Quite frankly,other than stunting,I don't remember ever seeing the top of a tank get damaged too often,so he's probably safer than I am.

the chi
04-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I have been really wanting to take my lil angel out with me too, but for safety reasons I havent yet, and I dont want to strap a metal cage on the tail section but that looks like a doable solution...I would only take her with me for long easy rides, like long trips and such, no aggressive or street riding, but that way I can have her and still go on a bike trip...and she's topped out at 6lbs, so I dont have to worry about her getting any bigger, she already loves just sitting up on the bike when we're working on it too!!

Trip
04-14-2008, 12:24 PM
There is some guys that run the gap with their dogs. It's pretty cool, a lot of them are unattached to the bike too. They just hang on.

the chi
04-14-2008, 12:28 PM
There is some guys that run the gap with their dogs. It's pretty cool, a lot of them are unattached to the bike too. They just hang on.

ever heard that saying "dogs resemble their owners"? My dog is the epitomy of that statement...everyone says she looks like me, and as for behavior, well, A.D.D. anyone? She'd forget halfway thru a turn she's sposed to be holding on..."Look mom, a squirrel!!!" splat....

dReWpY
04-14-2008, 12:40 PM
im not surprised at all by the add, i understan .... shiny object...

wait, what was a saying, oh yeah add sucks!!

Amber Lamps
04-15-2008, 09:06 PM
My puppy at the dealership...

Mr Lefty
04-15-2008, 10:25 PM
not to jack your thread... but that Yellow and Silver Gixxer looks like crap! :wtf:

your pup looks so chill there... like... fuck'n put down the camera and lets go ride! :lol:

Quick281
04-16-2008, 12:52 AM
What a cute lil pup. I am surprised you aren't being groped by billions of women at every stop light.

OneSickPsycho
04-16-2008, 12:04 PM
About 15 lbs,he's a minature version so I should be able to bring him for a while!

Yea,I bought a harness and have him strapped in pretty good.

I honestly appreciate the concern but it's no different than bringing any loved one on your bike in my opinion. For what it's worth,just like when I ride two-up,I take it SUPER EASY to minimize the risk. You can't tell but I have him strapped into a "capsule" and have put foam all around. Quite frankly,other than stunting,I don't remember ever seeing the top of a tank get damaged too often,so he's probably safer than I am.

You can justify it any way you want, but the truth is... people have the comprehension skills to accept the risk (not to mention the gear), whereas your dog does not.

Quick281
04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I would be worried about the little guy too, but these are the choices we make.

Cutty72
04-16-2008, 01:07 PM
not to jack your thread... but that Yellow and Silver Gixxer looks like crap! :wtf:

Saw one in person, they really do
but marginally better than the Black/Gold one this year.

Rider
04-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Saw one in person, they really do
but marginally better than the Black/Gold one this year.

The all black is tits though.. :dthumb:

eyeorknee
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
You can justify it any way you want, but the truth is... people have the comprehension skills to accept the risk (not to mention the gear), whereas your dog does not.

First off, I agree with OSP and would never put my dog on my bike for the above stated reason. When it comes down to it, however, it is ultimately your decision to make for your dog as all decisions concerning their safety and handling inherently are.

Second of all:

I agree that your dog is damn cute, but for love and pride of my own, I beg to differ regarding the title of "cutest damn pup"! :beers:lol:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/eyeorknee121/DSCF0146.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/eyeorknee121/DSCF0116.jpg

Congrats to the newest edition of your family.:dthumb:

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 04:18 PM
what kinda pup is that eyeorknee? definatly a cute pup

z06boy
04-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Cute pup. I was considering that breed when looking for a small dog for in the house but didn't want the same common breeds that I see everywhere.

I ended up with a Shiba Inu. I almost got the Sckipperkee (sp?)...both cute little dogs.

My Shiba Inu being a male is supposed to be 18-23 lbs. on average but mine is 30 lbs. :lol:

Amber Lamps
04-16-2008, 07:00 PM

Oh I'm not justifying anything. It's my dog and I'll do whatever I want with him. I take him in the truck,what's the difference?

Anyway,I'm not THAT stupid,I know you're just trying to pick a fight with me for fun but it ain't gonna work!

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh I'm not justifying anything. It's my dog and I'll do whatever I want with him. I take him in the truck,what's the difference?

Anyway,I'm not THAT stupid,I know you're just trying to pick a fight with me for fun but it ain't gonna work!
not to start another argument Tigger... but in a truck... he's got a bunch of steel around him to protect him... he's not gonna go flipping down the road bashing his head against the pavement.

Cutty72
04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
not to start another argument Tigger... but in a truck... he's got a bunch of steel around him to protect him... he's not gonna go flipping down the road bashing his head against the pavement.

Unless he's in the box (where my dog would be) and decides to jump out...

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 07:25 PM
true... but in the event of an accident there's still a good chance he'd stay in the bed.
(and if you don't tie your dog down in the bed your an idiot IMO)

Amber Lamps
04-16-2008, 07:27 PM

Yep,oh well it's my dog. Although I wonder what hurts worse,hitting the dash or skidding along the ground in a padded and re-enforced tankbag? Read all the posts,he's wearing a harness,he's strapped in and the bag is attached to the bikev ca ,l vcccccxm,m (this last part was written by Nimbus)

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 07:29 PM
:lol: yeah he's your dog

though I'd hate to see you highside.

Amber Lamps
04-16-2008, 07:32 PM
see here we are again...I innocently post something and bang surprise osp and ebbs has something negative to say. The real surprise is that nts and ceo haven't joined in yet. What is it with these alphabet guys? Man,you'd think I was Michael Vick or something.

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 07:42 PM
like I said I wasn't trying to start an argument... I was just poke'n wholes in your argument.

I'll leave it alone...

Amber Lamps
04-16-2008, 07:46 PM
:lol: yeah he's your dog

though I'd hate to see you highside.

You really don't read the posts do you? This dog hasn't been over 40mph! I TAKE IT SUPER EASY,so it's unlikely I'll high side or lowside for that matter! The only real danger is from other vehicles...nothing I can do about that.

comonboys
04-16-2008, 07:51 PM
You really don't read the posts do you? This dog hasn't been over 40mph! I TAKE IT SUPER EASY,so it's unlikely I'll high side or lowside for that matter! The only real danger is from other vehicles...nothing I can do about that.

:dontfeed:

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 07:53 PM
like I said... I'll leave it alone

comonboys
04-16-2008, 07:54 PM
like I said... I'll leave it alone

damn it ebbs........

Amber Lamps
04-16-2008, 07:58 PM
like I said I wasn't trying to start an argument... I was just poke'n wholes in your argument.

I'll leave it alone...

There wasn't an argument until you guys came in...I was just trying to show something "cute" to the forum. I don't care if you take your pets with you riding. I'm not trying to talk you into anything. The name of this thread isn't "Tigger wants you to take your pet riding". Maybe you should get another hobby besides cruising the forum and poking "wholes" in arguments... and will someone PLEASE get OSP a blowjob or an enema or something!!! YEESH!

OneSickPsycho
04-17-2008, 12:24 AM

I am not trying to start a fight or shit on your thread or anything... I was just simply stating my opinion.

Now go wash the sand out of your vagina.

Amber Lamps
04-17-2008, 12:40 AM
I am not trying to start a fight or shit on your thread or anything... I was just simply stating my opinion.

Now go wash the sand out of your vagina.

Yea,yea you stated your opinion and then accused me of "justifying" placing my dog in danger without his conscient consent. If theres any vagina washing to be done I say we both get down to the strip club and I'll pay for a "shower dance"!!!!:drool:

OneSickPsycho
04-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Yea,yea you stated your opinion and then accused me of "justifying" placing my dog in danger without his conscient consent. If theres any vagina washing to be done I say we both get down to the strip club and I'll pay for a "shower dance"!!!!:drool:

As long as you're not in the shower with me, we're cool....

And you were justifying...

Amber Lamps
04-17-2008, 01:27 AM
As long as you're not in the shower with me, we're cool....

And you were justifying...

I was not neither! I was explaining the safety percautions that I have employed to minimize the danger to my Road Dog!!! Who is sleeping on the arm rest of the couch absolutely upside down! hahaha!

ceo012384
04-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Poor fella.

Probably safer than this little guy though (notice he's wearing sunglasses :lol:)

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/img_8032.jpg

OneSickPsycho
04-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Poor fella.

Probably safer than this little guy though (notice he's wearing sunglasses :lol:)

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/img_8032.jpg

Ok, that picture is cool as fuck.

Mr Lefty
04-18-2008, 03:31 AM
the place in AK where I got a lot of my gear... Alaskaleather.com sells doggy gogles... a lot of guys ride urals and have their dog in the side car... :lol:

vabarber2
04-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Awwww aint he just the cutiest little thing ya ever did see!
Congrats, only you would think of some stuff like that.