PDA

View Full Version : South Rally: May 31st to June 6th planning

Trip
09-17-2009, 02:32 PM
You don't have to stay the full week, but this gives people the idea to decide how long they want to stay.

Lodging: TBD

So where do ya'll want to go and where do you want to stay.

If you do the gap, DGMR will probably be a big hassle to get everyone rooms for that weekend. It is always sold out on the weekends mostly. Fontana Village or a rental house are better options.

tommymac
09-17-2009, 03:34 PM
I would be happy with the same arrangement as last year, sans the monsoons through NJ and MD and will make sure I have a newer rear tire :lol:

Tom

smileyman
09-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Maybe we could plan it around a track day weekend at Barber ? Museum, track riding, stay and play all week?

Trip
09-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Maybe we could plan it around a track day weekend at Barber ? Museum, track riding, stay and play all week?

If we are doing a track day, we need to do one at H2R. That was the original plan for this years big rally, but I don't own a track bike any longer. If enough people still want to have the rally down at Zoomie's place. I am sure we can make it just as fun as any place.

derf
09-17-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't know if I wanna travel all the way to TX, barber would be cool with me, but TX is 30 hours of driving straight

Phenix_Rider
09-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Unless we can rent track bikes, I can guarantee I won't be on the track for a rally. I am not paying $2.69+ at 12mpg to get to TX.

Trip
09-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah unless you are planning to trailer track days aren't the best for rallys.

Ninjakel
09-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Hmmm.......those dates may work for the sofla crew :)

tached1000rr
09-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm close enough to pop in even if not there for the whole time at least

Amber Lamps
09-17-2009, 08:02 PM
We can do Suches again and the Gap. No thanks to a track day and definitely no thanks to driving to Texas. My time in Texas did not reveal spectacular roads. Maybe where she's at is different...:idk: Besides, it'll probably be the same general crew as last year with some possibles from the North or South. The Gap area just makes sense and a more or less mid point that offers everyone something, not just track junkies. Even if you don't ride at all, you can appreciate the area for it's natural beauty.:pat:

HokieDNA01
09-17-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm in!! Can't wait to hear more details.

Gas Man
09-17-2009, 11:38 PM
IF my sked stays the same at work. I will need to pull in some vacay days. But I may be in. Don't care where its at. I'm riding there regardless!

Mr Lefty
09-17-2009, 11:54 PM
if gas goes... I'll be there... even if it's only stopping in for the weekend.

Amber Lamps
09-18-2009, 03:08 AM

Well, if Ebbs and Gas go, I'm going!!!:lol:

Trip
09-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Probably should do it at the gap, if as many people goes as say their interested in this thread, TWO would be overrun and most likely wouldn't be able to hold all of us. Probably need to consider Fontana Village since they can support a big group.

derf
09-18-2009, 08:52 AM

Well, if Tigger, Ebbs and Gas go, I'm going!!!:lol:

And if it doesn't interfere with my brothers school he will probably tag aglong

Mr Lefty
09-18-2009, 09:00 AM
well if ebbs, gas, tigger, and derf go... I'm out...

:lol:

tached1000rr
09-18-2009, 09:03 AM

You know I missed the last rally but from what I recall, did'nt they put you out of the circle? or Am I thinking about someone else:?:

I'm there this year, for some portion of the event at least.

tommymac
09-18-2009, 09:09 AM

What if I go, I have some pull with the guys and could see about gettin ya back in the circle :lol:

Trip
09-18-2009, 09:09 AM
You know I missed the last rally but from what I recall, did'nt they put you out of the circle? or Am I thinking about someone else:?:

I'm there this year, for some portion of the event at least.

That's the circle of hate. Me, NTS, and Ebbs pick one person in that group and just go off on them until someone else screws up and gets kicked out of the circle and the berating continues.

After Indy, NTS is out of the circle, he's a stupid cunt.

tommymac
09-18-2009, 09:10 AM
With the gap being a clusterfuck on weekends do we want to make sure were somewhere else at that time. Thats what I thought was good about staying at two.

Trip
09-18-2009, 09:13 AM
With the gap being a clusterfuck on weekends do we want to make sure were somewhere else at that time. Thats what I thought was good about staying at two.

The gap is not the only road there, there is plenty of places to go. There is so many roads in that area, you won't be able to ride them all. You can still get up and do early morning runs and if you get to the gap around 6 or 7 pm on weekends, the place is cleared out. Just don't go there between like 9 and 7 and we will be fine. Actually going during those times and sitting and watching is almost as much fun as riding the road. Hilarity always ensues.

tommymac
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
The gap is not the only road there, there is plenty of places to go. There is so many roads in that area, you won't be able to ride them all. You can still get up and do early morning runs and if you get to the gap around 6 or 7 pm on weekends, the place is cleared out. Just don't go there between like 9 and 7 and we will be fine. Actually going during those times and sitting and watching is almost as much fun as riding the road. Hilarity always ensues.

True I actualy like rt 28 abit more than the gap. A few years back we did a 4 state run and hit some nice roads in GA and SC and came back up 28 past all the waterfalls and stuff.

Tom

tached1000rr
09-18-2009, 09:29 AM
True I actualy like rt 28 abit more than the gap. A few years back we did a 4 state run and hit some nice roads in GA and SC and came back up 28 past all the waterfalls and stuff.

Tom

28 rocks as well....

smileyman
09-18-2009, 10:26 AM
It is a long ass boring ride from AR to the Gap. Maybe if I find someone to ride with like TRock or meet up with a couple guys aong they way, like Ebbs in MS, then it would be ok. Otherwise it is a bridge too far...

marko138
09-18-2009, 10:34 AM
As per the usual.

<----won't be there.

Amber Lamps
09-18-2009, 11:09 AM

I agree and besides, I can only ride the Gap so many times before it gets old, by wed or thu, I'll be just about done with 129.:lol:

Mr Lefty
09-18-2009, 11:34 AM
It is a long ass boring ride from AR to the Gap. Maybe if I find someone to ride with like TRock or meet up with a couple guys aong they way, like Ebbs in MS, then it would be ok. Otherwise it is a bridge too far...

I doubt I'll be able to come the for the whole thing. but I'll know more as the time gets closer.

I'll try for a day or two... by then I will have the F800GS... I have no problem riding up to you and over if I have the time...

Amorok
09-18-2009, 12:19 PM

If you want to meet up with me we can figure out somewhere, maybe Memphis. As I recall someone else was supposed to meet up with me and Rogue but they didn't.

smileyman
09-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Sounds like a plan Ebbs and Amorok. I am dying to come to a meet just havent had the luck I guess. I can find my way to Memphis and with company could see me riding al that way...

the chi
09-18-2009, 12:34 PM
If you want to meet up with me we can figure out somewhere, maybe Memphis. As I recall someone else was supposed to meet up with me and Rogue but they didn't.

I think that was me, and ya'lls schedule changed from mine...

I dont know if I'll be there or not. Too many factors this coming year to say for certain. Im all for staying around Deals Gap or Fontana so long as we did like this past year and got out and saw some cool roads and stuff. That park with the waterfall was kickass!

Trip
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I dont know if I'll be there or not. Too many factors this coming year to say for certain. Im all for staying around Deals Gap or Fontana so long as we did like this past year and got out and saw some cool roads and stuff. That park with the waterfall was kickass!

I thought the 28 ride we did to franklin and bridal veil was better.

Sixxxxer
09-18-2009, 01:28 PM
I MAY pop down for a two day jaunt...May is a BUSY month for me next year...and Money may be Tight...

I have My own wedding then my honeymoon then I get back and have my best friends wedding following immediatly after...So time off work may be non existent...

But I may be able to work out something...Load up the truck and meet up with ya'll for a couple days :)

Amber Lamps
09-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I MAY pop down for a two day jaunt...May is a BUSY month for me next year...and Money may be Tight...

I have My own wedding then my honeymoon then I get back and have my best friends wedding following immediatly after...So time off work may be non existent...

But I may be able to work out something...Load up the truck and meet up with ya'll for a couple days :)

Well, if you don't come we'll have to invite Kyle Broflowski!!!:lol:

Sixxxxer
09-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Hardy Har har.

Fucking Skanks

Trip
09-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Score 1 for tigger

Sixxxxer
09-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Blow Me

Trip
09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Blow Me

Quiet Gingy.

dReWpY
09-18-2009, 02:25 PM
im game for this years rally, i should have everything in order

Phenix_Rider
09-18-2009, 03:34 PM
I think that was me, and ya'lls schedule changed from mine...

It's sad that so many people were too lazy to walk up there :lol:

derf
09-18-2009, 05:17 PM
It's sad that so many people were too lazy to walk up there :lol:

That was a rough walk in leathers, I dont blame anyone for not going up to it.

racedoll
09-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I'll have to work on the hubby and see what his school schedule brings at this time as well as finances.

He isn't crazy about the Gap, but I would like to meet up with some of you guys/gals and ride the local roads. Ohio can get kind of boring.

Amber Lamps
09-18-2009, 06:04 PM
I'll have to work on the hubby and see what his school schedule brings at this time as well as finances.

He isn't crazy about the Gap, but I would like to meet up with some of you guys/gals and ride the local roads. Ohio can get kind of boring.

ya think?:wink::lol:

racedoll
09-18-2009, 06:13 PM
It doesn't help that everyone here is just as boring, has kids, etc.... even hubby is getting boring and not wanting to ride. I may end up coming without him!

Trip
09-18-2009, 06:25 PM

I will work on some planned rides that take us away from the gap pretty much everyday if we choose the gap. We can get in gap rides in the evening as the sun is going down and the cops are gone for anyone that wants to ride the gap.

The franklin run is a must, out towards waynesville is a ton of roads, we can go to 116 if anyone wants to see that piece of shit. The pancake road is a hell of a haul, but its freakin insane, skyway/bald river falls, going to blood mtn is an option. Just a ton of rides we can do besides the gap. We can always have a token gap day during the week for those that want to do that.

Amber Lamps
09-18-2009, 06:26 PM
It doesn't help that everyone here is just as boring, has kids, etc.... even hubby is getting boring and not wanting to ride. I may end up coming without him!

Okay, NOW you're talking!!!:lol: Have I ever mentioned that I have a California King and that my gf likes girls?:drool:

1,2,3,...dibs on Racedoll for roomate!!!:rockwoot::lol:

racedoll
09-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Okay, NOW you're talking!!!:lol: Have I ever mentioned that I have a California King and that my gf likes girls?:drool:

Ok. I think I'll pass on this trip.

j/k

Amber Lamps
09-18-2009, 06:39 PM
I will work on some planned rides that take us away from the gap pretty much everyday if we choose the gap. We can get in gap rides in the evening as the sun is going down and the cops are gone for anyone that wants to ride the gap.

The franklin run is a must, out towards waynesville is a ton of roads, we can go to 116 if anyone wants to see that piece of shit. The pancake road is a hell of a haul, but its freakin insane, skyway/bald river falls, going to blood mtn is an option. Just a ton of rides we can do besides the gap. We can always have a token gap day during the week for those that want to do that.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I figure we won't be leaving too early and we'll be back before too late everyday for people that want to ride the DRAGON!!!:lol:

Are you going to be staying with us or commuting? Is Fontana closer to you? I think with enough notice and a deposit, we could get all the rooms we want at DGMR, don't you?:idk: Everyone in one house can have it's perks as well. We can do 4-6 per room (each with it's own toilet/shower) at DGMR for about $15-20 a piece/night, not bad really imho. Besides, I'll be surprised if more that 12-20 people show up which would be 4 or 5 rooms.:idk:

Phenix_Rider
09-18-2009, 06:40 PM

j/k

bwahahaha pwnd :ps: :rofl:

Amber Lamps
09-18-2009, 06:40 PM

j/k

Ha you definitely have a decent sense of humor!:rockwoot:

ericr
09-18-2009, 10:33 PM
That park with the waterfall was kickass!

And you were ready to kick my ass half way up! Lucky for me you're a midget redflip :nee:

I'll be there if nothing happens. Fontana Village would be good I think and definitely plenty of good roads besides 129 to ride around there.

derf
09-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Yay! I like planning vacation!

Gas Man
09-18-2009, 11:14 PM
:rockwoot:

:dribble:

Well, if Tigger, Ebbs and Gas go, I'm going!!!:lol:

And if it doesn't interfere with my brothers school he will probably tag aglong

:tremble:

As per the usual.

<----won't be there.

:gofurslf:

Even if i have to drag your ass!:skep:

racedoll
09-18-2009, 11:19 PM

So you obviously live close, because I never heard of a hotel/motel having CA kings in the room.

Ha you definitely have a decent sense of humor!:rockwoot:

I try. I think it takes quite a bit to offend me.

Told hubby tonight that I'm looking forward to this trip. I hope we can make it.

Trip
09-19-2009, 12:52 AM
That's what I'm thinking as well. I figure we won't be leaving too early and we'll be back before too late everyday for people that want to ride the DRAGON!!!:lol:

Are you going to be staying with us or commuting? Is Fontana closer to you? I think with enough notice and a deposit, we could get all the rooms we want at DGMR, don't you?:idk: Everyone in one house can have it's perks as well. We can do 4-6 per room (each with it's own toilet/shower) at DGMR for about $15-20 a piece/night, not bad really imho. Besides, I'll be surprised if more that 12-20 people show up which would be 4 or 5 rooms.:idk:

I am going to stay with you guys most nights. Fontana is 11 miles away from DGMR up 28.

You probably won't get any rooms right now at DGMR for that weekend, you pretty much have to book a couple years in advance for weekends in the summer.

derf
09-19-2009, 12:59 AM
A house is nicer plus there aren't all those pesky other people to deal with. Personally I preferred TWO over DGMR, mostly due to the fact that we had the house to ourselfs especially with the kitchen and the living room. DGMR while nice was kinda cramped and not very welcoming.

marko138
09-20-2009, 08:55 AM
:gofurslf:

Even if i have to drag your ass!:skep:

The beginning of June is never gonna work for me. If this ever happens at another point I might consider it.

Gas Man
09-20-2009, 10:32 AM
WTF Why?

smileyman
09-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Wifey says she will divorce me if i go...Let me know where to make reservations! J/K. I kid, i kid...

marko138
09-21-2009, 09:25 AM
WTF Why?
I always go on vacation to the Outer Banks the 2nd or 3rd week of June. And I do a canoe trip with my pops on Fathers Day weekend.

So I just can't do early June. It would really have to be later in the summer for me to make it.

Gas Man
09-21-2009, 12:49 PM
I am in pre-planning of a white water rapids vacay in Virginia or WV cant remember which. So I understand

Tsunami
09-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Depending on my school schedule and financials, i'll see if i can make it. But i doubt i will have the time to ride over.

Amber Lamps
09-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Depending on my school schedule and financials, i'll see if i can make it. But i doubt i will have the time to ride over.

Fly up, I'm sure that we can find someone willing to go 2 up with a cutie like you!:whistle:

HurricaneHeather
09-24-2009, 12:09 PM
If this was in Texas I would go. :lol:

I might even have a working bike by then. :eek:

t-homo
09-24-2009, 04:49 PM

Well if you are going to call me out, I can make it this year. I have been wanting to for a few years now.

Trip
09-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Well if you are going to call me out, I can make it this year. I have been wanting to for a few years now.

If you come into my room, I am going to shoot you.

Tsunami
09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Fly up, I'm sure that we can find someone willing to go 2 up with a cutie like you!:whistle:

I hope so! I'm a good passenger! I'm light, and don't move around during turns! And i don't crush balls during braking.

Amber Lamps
09-24-2009, 05:48 PM
I hope so! I'm a good passenger! I'm light, and don't move around during turns! And i don't crush balls during braking.

Well, I'll bring my back seat and passenger pegs!!!:lol:

t-homo
09-24-2009, 06:15 PM

True story.

If you come into my room, I am going to shoot you.

I'm going to be sneaky about it. Upper decker after chinese I think.

Amorok
09-24-2009, 09:10 PM
I has big comfy cruiser. Just sayin

racedoll
09-24-2009, 09:12 PM

I see I've been replaced already... oh well, at least it was by Tsunami.

Amber Lamps
09-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I has big comfy cruiser. Just sayin

He is more your size...:lol:

I'm sure there will be no shortage of guys willing to ride you...er, I mean give you a ride.

derf
09-24-2009, 09:15 PM

I'm sure there will be no shortage of guys willing to ride you...er, I mean give you a ride.

Tigger, you always seem to say what I am thinking. Thank you

Amber Lamps
09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I see I've been replaced already... oh well, at least it was by Tsunami.

Not to worry, I plan on doing a bunch of training before the rally. Hey my ideal situation would be me, you, Tsunami and Chi in a room!

racedoll
09-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Too late Tigger... I'm spoken for already. :lol

Amber Lamps
09-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Too late Tigger... I'm spoken for already. :LOL:

What in a couple hours? Damn, you move fast chick!!!

racedoll
09-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Hours...try minutes! I don't wait on anyone.

Amber Lamps
09-24-2009, 09:41 PM

Dayum!!!

Trip
09-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm going to be sneaky about it. Upper decker after chinese I think.

Oh, I will still blame you and shoot you. Put a hole right through your throttle hand, that will make riding ever so much fun.

Gas Man
09-24-2009, 11:31 PM

Shit... that will change if I come with the tourpack. unless a goldwing shows up I'll have the best back seat in the group

Tsunami
09-25-2009, 04:03 AM
Racedoll, i say we tie up Tigger and steal his bike. You pilot, i'll ride bitch. Until my back hurts, then we'll take Amorok's.

Amber Lamps
09-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Racedoll, i say we tie up Tigger and steal his bike. You pilot, i'll ride bitch. Until my back hurts, then we'll take Amorok's.

Hell, you girls can ride my bike right after..... See? I CAN have some tact.:lol:

Okay, so much for that! Let's see, I'm gonna get tied up by a cute little Asian chick and a cute little white chick and the downside is....?

Tsunami
09-25-2009, 04:35 AM
Okay, so much for that! Let's see, I'm gonna get tied up by a cute little Asian chick and a cute little white chick and the downside is....?

You may never see your bike in one piece again.

tommymac
09-25-2009, 04:52 AM

leave puggy with him :rockwoot:

Tom

t-homo
09-25-2009, 07:23 AM

I would be perfectly ok with that.

derf
09-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Hell, you girls can ride my bike right after..... See? I CAN have some tact.:lol:

Failing to see the down side myself

Amber Lamps
09-25-2009, 10:47 AM

Yea well, you won't be in any shape to ride a motorcycle once our little bondage scenario has played out anyway, so I'm not that worried about it. Besides, I have full coverage on my bike, hopefully you have similar coverage on your...um, self. :lol: I'm sure we could find some way for you and Racedoll to "work off" the amount of my deductible....

All "flirting" aside, I seriously think that you'll have an outstanding time if you come to the next rally. Quite frankly, that area of the country is worth seeing even if you didn't ride! Like I said, I'm sure that there will be no shortage of guys (or girls) willing to take you on a "cruise" through the Gap and I honestly volunteer to take you on the group rides, which tend towards a more "leisurely" pace anyway.

Trip
09-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Like I said, I'm sure that there will be no shortage of guys (or girls) willing to take you on a "cruise" through the Gap and I honestly volunteer to take you on the group rides, which tend towards a more "leisurely" pace anyway.

If my wife is a no show again since she doesnt get very many vacation days, I have a nice cushy and speedy seat on the GS for the female variety. Comfortable and sporty, the best of all worlds and it even has a backrest. Beats the shit out of riding pillion on a gixxer.

Amber Lamps
09-25-2009, 01:02 PM
If my wife is a no show again since she doesnt get very many vacation days, I have a nice cushy and speedy seat on the GS for the female variety. Comfortable and sporty, the best of all worlds and it even has a backrest. Beats the shit out of riding pillion on a gixxer.

Nice...

Tsunami
09-25-2009, 04:13 PM
I seriously think that you'll have an outstanding time if you come to the next rally. Quite frankly, that area of the country is worth seeing even if you didn't ride! Like I said, I'm sure that there will be no shortage of guys (or girls) willing to take you on a "cruise" through the Gap and I honestly volunteer to take you on the group rides, which tend towards a more "leisurely" pace anyway.

Every year, i say i will go to the CF rally and i never get a chance to go, it would be great to finally go meet everyone and also reconnect with ones I have met before!

Tsunami
09-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Comfortable and sporty, the best of all worlds and it even has a backrest. Beats the shit out of riding pillion on a gixxer.

Awesome!:rockwoot: My back and neck will be very grateful!

racedoll
09-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Every year, i say i will go to the CF rally and i never get a chance to go, it would be great to finally go meet everyone and also reconnect with ones I have met before!

Just so do it already.

I know, easier said than done.

Amber Lamps
09-25-2009, 07:18 PM

Especially after I'M done with them!!! Ba-zing!:lol:

tommymac
09-25-2009, 07:37 PM

all this from the one who falls asleep on the back of my futura :lol:

Tom

the chi
09-25-2009, 11:05 PM
*sigh* Can we keep it a lil less graphic? I'd like to see more than 1 or 2 girls come to the rallies...the way ya'll talk I'm afraid you'll scare them off with your pornographic imaginations.

Ladies, regardless of what they may say here, the guys are all gentlemanly and on their best behavior. (I'll eat them alive if they arent. :skep:) We have some great times at these things, and every year I go away really missing everyone and wishing we were all closer together its so much fun. Its like bunking with a bunch of crude big brothers. Its always an adventure, a great time, and some ridiculously funny memories...

That said, a thick skin or a quick wit is necessary on occasions to keep them remembering whos really in charge. :wink:

racedoll
09-25-2009, 11:12 PM
No worry Chi, rather The Chi... I wouldn't let these guys stop me from coming. My husband on the other hand... has a little more say in that.

I'm going to work on him though. I still have plenty of time.

Tsunami
09-26-2009, 12:59 AM
all this from the one who falls asleep on the back of my futura :lol:

Tom

It was those damn early morning rides and right after lunch. I still don't understand why we went riding at 8am during the weekends.

Don't worry The Chi, I don't get scared easily ;)

Amber Lamps
09-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Yea come on, Rae Rae! They know I'm totally kidding! I think everyone on this board knows I have a girlfriend! I'm a lot of disgusting things but I'm not a cheater! Besides, my girlfriend is almost 6' tall and is tolerant of joking but I'd NOT want to cross this bitch for any reason!!!:lol:

tommymac
09-26-2009, 07:51 AM
It was those damn early morning rides and right after lunch. I still don't understand why we went riding at 8am during the weekends.

Don't worry The Chi, I don't get scared easily ;)

Dont forget the day after thanksgiving ride we did when we froze our asses off going upstate, oh thats right you were nice and comfy behind your 250 pound windbreaker :lol:

Tom

t-homo
09-26-2009, 01:19 PM
*sigh* Can we keep it a lil less graphic? I'd like to see more than 1 or 2 girls come to the rallies...the way ya'll talk I'm afraid you'll scare them off with your pornographic imaginations.

Ladies, regardless of what they may say here, the guys are all gentlemanly and on their best behavior. (I'll eat them alive if they arent. :skep:) We have some great times at these things, and every year I go away really missing everyone and wishing we were all closer together its so much fun. Its like bunking with a bunch of crude big brothers. Its always an adventure, a great time, and some ridiculously funny memories...

That said, a thick skin or a quick wit is necessary on occasions to keep them remembering whos really in charge. :wink:

ok, mom.

Tsunami
09-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Dont forget the day after thanksgiving ride we did when we froze our asses off going upstate, oh thats right you were nice and comfy behind your 250 pound windbreaker :lol:

Tom

Yeah that was when i first moved back from sunny florida. At least I wasnt' wearing the perf leathers though.

Amorok
09-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Nobody's taking my bike, and if anybody tries I'll show Trip how to shoot. Seriously though, I can't wait to see you all again and lookin forward to new people. I'm hoping to bring friends this time, we'll see. So are we ready to start working on reservations? I need to know when to start calling around Fontana.

Tsunami
09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
i need to know which airport to fly into!

Trip
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Tyson mcgee in knoxville. Its on 129

HokieDNA01
09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Just fly into Nashville and hitch a ride with us!

Phenix_Rider
09-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Nobody's taking my bike, and if anybody tries I'll show Trip how to shoot. Seriously though, I can't wait to see you all again and lookin forward to new people. I'm hoping to bring friends this time, we'll see. So are we ready to start working on reservations? I need to know when to start calling around Fontana.

That has potential :yes: Is there a range nearby where we could rent something fun? TWFix marksman award anyone?

racedoll
09-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Well hell, I don't want to steal your bike if we are going to the range.

Tsunami
09-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Just fly into Nashville and hitch a ride with us!

Works for me! Are you guys driving or riding in?

Tsunami
09-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Well hell, I don't want to steal your bike if we are going to the range.

Right? I'll have fun at the range instead! I need the practice, I still get scared everytime I pick up the gun.

HokieDNA01
09-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Works for me! Are you guys driving or riding in?

We could do either, it is only about a 3 hour drive from here. Would just depend on how much luggage needs to be transported. And you will (hopefully) have met us on our Dec. Vegas trip so we won't scare you with our weirdness. :skep:

Tsunami
09-30-2009, 04:45 PM
We could do either, it is only about a 3 hour drive from here. Would just depend on how much luggage needs to be transported. And you will (hopefully) have met us on our Dec. Vegas trip so we won't scare you with our weirdness. :skep:

I might scare you though! :lol:

I pack really light, at most there may be a small dufflebag but I can prob get away with a bookbag. And I'll have some gear, but nothing crazy.

Just have to figure out if I'm bringing Puggy or not. So if i do bring her and you guys want to ride, I can always rent a car!

racedoll
09-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Does this mean you are going Tsunami?

tommymac
09-30-2009, 11:06 PM
if puggy goes I am bringing fungo and they can have a steel cage match :lol:

Tom

Trip
09-30-2009, 11:26 PM

Tom

I'm going to get amorok to help puggy, death to snakes. and cats...

tommymac
09-30-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm going to get amorok to help puggy, death to snakes. and cats...

I iwll deal with you last

:overkill:

Tom

Tsunami
10-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Does this mean you are going Tsunami?

Really leaning towards it, I should only be taking 2 classes then and won't need to pull A's anymore!

Tom

Please, you love Puggy.

tommymac
10-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Really leaning towards it, I should only be taking 2 classes then and won't need to pull A's anymore!

Please, you love Puggy.

except that day me and your mom chased puggy around the house for 45 minutes tring to catch her. :lol:

Tom

Tsunami
10-01-2009, 12:30 AM
except that day me and your mom chased puggy around the house for 45 minutes tring to catch her. :lol:

Tom

I thought she cracked the whip and made you do all the work! :lol:

tommymac
10-01-2009, 12:31 AM
I thought she cracked the whip and made you do all the work! :lol:

it was a team effort and we failed miserably LOL

Tom

racedoll
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM

YEAH! I'm going to try and talk Erik in to coming, but I really need to wait until closer to the time so we can see what is going on for his school and money.

Amorok
10-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Is there a range nearby? There's nothing I can think of better than riding and then shooting. Unless there are blowjobs. And there won't be. *sniff*

Amber Lamps
10-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Is there a range nearby? There's nothing I can think of better than riding and then shooting. Unless there are blowjobs. And there won't be. *sniff*

Awww don't be sad....maybe T-Rock will show up...

:wink::lol::whistle:

Trip
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM

There is a range not too far from my house and may be able to get us a discount if we really want to go there. The owner is a fellow rider.

derf
10-02-2009, 01:42 PM
There is a range not too far from my house and may be able to get us a discount if we really want to go there. The owner is a fellow rider.

And amorock can bring a gun for everybody

Trip
10-02-2009, 01:52 PM
And amorock can bring a gun for everybody

they rent guns, you can shoot some pretty cool full autos.

Amorok
10-03-2009, 12:12 AM
they rent guns, you can shoot some pretty cool full autos.

Meh, I've shot full autos before. It's fun until you realize you just blew $50 worth of rounds in three seconds and you don't have any left. And derf, I can bring a gun for a few of us. Let me know if you want one.

Let's find out about a shooting range, that would be a fun diversion. As for MSF stuff, I have an idea of what to do. I'll need a chalk line and an open flat area and I'll be able to do something awesome, educational and fun that will only take an hour or two. Anyone who has taken an MSF course please don't say what it is, PM me if you want.

Trip
10-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Meh, I've shot full autos before. It's fun until you realize you just blew $50 worth of rounds in three seconds and you don't have any left. And derf, I can bring a gun for a few of us. Let me know if you want one.

Let's find out about a shooting range, that would be a fun diversion. As for MSF stuff, I have an idea of what to do. I'll need a chalk line and an open flat area and I'll be able to do something awesome, educational and fun that will only take an hour or two. Anyone who has taken an MSF course please don't say what it is, PM me if you want.

I think you are going to have to find out if anyone is actually interested in shooting besides you. I have no interest in doing that while I am up there and would rather spend the day riding.

dReWpY
10-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Cliff notes: where?

Trip
10-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Cliff notes: where?

most likely fontana village

psychochild28
10-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Count me in. Most likely It'll just be rehearsals that week and they'll let me off to go play for a few days.

Gas Man
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
You know if I show up the glock will be with me. This is for sure.

HokieDNA01
10-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm sure Kerry and I will be up for some shootin.

marko138
10-06-2009, 09:32 AM
You know if I show up the glock will be with me. This is for sure.
He's lying.

Gas Man
10-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Shit bro... you know this is fact!

Amorok
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Awesome, so that's five of us that will shoot. I'm looking at 30 May to 6 June for the time frame, I've planned a little MSF goodness as long as I can find an open paved area and as soon as I can get a free minute I'll nail down a group rate on the hotel at Fontana Village and post a poll with the details. Ever since we got back from last year I've been looking forward to the next one.

Trip
10-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Fontana has several big paved areas that you can use if you ask them. I sure there will be some other groups there on that date, you can post up on their boards and see if any of those groups have interest in MSF as well.

azoomm
10-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm working on my schedule for 2010 now...

Tsunami
10-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm working on my schedule for 2010 now...

Does that mean you are going? :?:

Gas Man
10-13-2009, 12:31 AM
So Marko... I'll meet ya in Cleveland and we can ride down together.... what ya think?

marko138
10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
So Marko... I'll meet ya in Cleveland and we can ride down together.... what ya think?
Holmes, if I'm riding down I sure as hell ain't meeting you in Cleveland. It'd be farther south.

tommymac
10-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Holmes, if I'm riding down I sure as hell ain't meeting you in Cleveland. It'd be farther south.

Maybe we can catch you guys down on 81 somewhere then we can roll in mad deep :lol

Tom

marko138
10-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Maybe we can catch you guys down on 81 somewhere then we can roll in mad deep :lol

Tom

Amorok
10-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Fontana has several big paved areas that you can use if you ask them. I sure there will be some other groups there on that date, you can post up on their boards and see if any of those groups have interest in MSF as well.

Like I said, I can't actually teach a full MSF course, I'm just going to put together a quick exercise for fun, but it'll be interesting.

Switch
10-13-2009, 08:17 PM
I didn't read any of this thread, but for the south, we should go somewhere cool, like Outer Banks or something.

racedoll
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM

You guys can pick me up along the way!

I'd shoot, ride, shop, whatever.

Trip
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
I didn't read any of this thread, but for the south, we should go somewhere cool, like Outer Banks or something.

I tried moving it, people just want to come here for some damn reason.

Amorok
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
It's because you're there. We all want to be in the circle.

Trip
10-13-2009, 10:44 PM
It's because you're there. We all want to be in the circle.

only 2 out of 3 people can be in the circle. I forget who ended up in the circle after Indy.

derf
10-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Screw the circle, We got ourselves a square

Gas Man
10-14-2009, 01:44 AM

You know what I mean...

Tom

But will we ever get there with a damn new yorker in the group?

You guys can pick me up along the way!

I'd shoot, ride, shop, whatever.

Cool, we need some hotness in our ugly group.

Screw the circle, We got ourselves a square

F yea... maybe even a trapazoid or some other crazy shape...

marko138
10-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey if you fuckers come to the Outer Banks I might attend!

tommymac
10-14-2009, 10:14 AM
But will we ever get there with a damn new yorker in the group?

get there, damn I will get you guys there in record time. you saw how we handle traffic and stupid drivers. Look at the pics how Sixxer and I battled all those ups trucks:rockwoot:

Tom

Gas Man
10-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Shit... I will end up in pieces Tommy, unless you guys are running lanyards cause you'll squeeze thru and I wont be able to get my hogs fat ass thru the whole...bastards!

Trip
10-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Shit... I will end up in pieces Tommy, unless you guys are running lanyards cause you'll squeeze thru and I wont be able to get my hogs fat ass thru the whole...bastards!

just load them up with batteries and have them throw them at the cars as they pass. The cars will freak out and run off the road and you can go through.

tommymac
10-14-2009, 12:39 PM

I will make room dont you worry about it. them dar southerners see my NY plates they will get da fuk outta the way and you will have a clear path :lol:

Tom

Trip
10-14-2009, 12:44 PM
I will make room dont you worry about it. them dar southerners see my NY plates they will get da fuk outta the way and you will have a clear path :lol:

Tom

Oh I thought you were talking about northerners, do that shit to southerners and t-bob and billy ray will sandwich you to the side of Suzie Soccermoms minivan. :lol:

tommymac
10-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Oh I thought you were talking about northerners, do that shit to southerners and t-bob and billy ray will sandwich you to the side of Suzie Soccermoms minivan. :lol:

They gotta catch us first, I will plow through and gasman will be our tailgunner as we haul ass outta there :rockwoot:

Tom

Gas Man
10-14-2009, 12:51 PM
They gotta catch us first, I will plow through and gasman will be our tailgunner as we haul ass outta there :rockwoot:

Tom
Somehow I think I'm getting screwed in this deal?

Trip
10-14-2009, 12:51 PM

Tom

They won't mess with Gas Man, he's riding a harley. They will attempt to smack you however. Don't you remember the stupid bitch in the red truck that about killed riceaholic?

Gas Man
10-14-2009, 12:53 PM
They won't mess with Gas Man, he's riding a harley. They will attempt to smack you however. Don't you remember the stupid bitch in the red truck that about killed riceaholic?
There is some truth to that HD comment. I see it more everytime I ride with metrics ESPECIALLY anything covered in plastic.

Gas Man
10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
There is some truth to that HD comment. I see it more everytime I ride with metrics ESPECIALLY anything covered in plastic.
Funny story...

one time riding the chop last year with Caveman (Honda Shadow Saber). Stopped at a light... some guy pulls up in a truck along side us on Cave's side. Yells what kind of bike is that? Cave starts to say something and guy in truck yells "No not that gay bike that chopper!" I'm oblivious to the actual conversation cause I can't hear him over the pipes on my chop... Caveman was twinged to say the least. :lol

tommymac
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM

not sure if I was on that ride may have been the day I was changing my tire.

Tom

Trip
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
not sure if I was on that ride may have been the day I was changing my tire.

Tom

You went to the gap didn't you? That was when we were going through Joyce Kilmer to get to the gap after leaving the Skyway coming from Suches.

tommymac
10-14-2009, 01:03 PM
You went to the gap didn't you? That was when we were going through Joyce Kilmer to get to the gap after leaving Suches.

Then I was on that ride, I was a little further back in the group and dont remember that for some reason.

TOm

Riceaholic
10-14-2009, 01:03 PM

I remember that bitch very clearly...

tommymac
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
I remember that bitch very clearly...

Was this before or after i crashed on the skyway?

Tom

Riceaholic
10-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Was this before or after i crashed on the skyway?

Tom

Before I'm pretty sure. The bitch's cro-mag boyfriend was out the window telling us he was gonna kill us all. The dude's face looked like he had just taken a fresh beating. He was all jacked up.

Trip
10-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Before I'm pretty sure. The bitch's cro-mag boyfriend was out the window telling us he was gonna kill us all. The dude's face looked like he had just taken a fresh beating. He was all jacked up.

Nah this was after, we were already off the skyway about to start on that really shitty road section. Where we all about ran into each other or missed the turn.

tommymac
10-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Nah this was after, we were already off the skyway about to start on that really shitty road section. Where we all about ran into each other or missed the turn.

i remember that part, I was way behind after my getoff and even more so on that shitty road. Would be fun if it was ever repaved.

Tom

Riceaholic
10-14-2009, 01:20 PM
ok that's right...

Trip
10-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I totally didn't know what to tell the dude cause I didn't really care what they had to say, I was just going to fly pass them again. :lol:

I just gave them a shrug.

Amorok
10-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I remember that, I pulled up after and someone said they wished I had been there. Don't know why.

thirdgenlxi
10-15-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm definitely gonna try and make it to this next one.... gotta meet all you crazy mofo's :lol I probably won't be able to stay the whole week either but I'm close enough I can run over there pretty quick :)