PDA

View Full Version : Protect insurance companies!!

pauldun170
09-22-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/22/protect-insurance-compani_n_294406.html

derf
09-22-2009, 08:27 PM
I totally agree, every insurance exec does need a white pigmy tiger

Particle Man
09-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I totally agree, every insurance exec does need a white pigmy tiger

:lol:

goof2
09-23-2009, 12:17 AM
While it is funny, when a bunch of people who became ridiculously rich from playing pretend decide to deride others for making money, I take it with a large grain of salt.

derf
09-23-2009, 12:30 AM
While it is funny, when a bunch of people who became ridiculously rich from playing pretend decide to deride others for making money, I take it with a large grain of salt.

I actually agree with you somewhat. What happens when a bunch of insurance co's stop making money or close shop? I really see huge layoffs comingand insurance co. bailouts, add to that higher insurance rates for other products that the companies insure. Also what happens to the stock markets when their stock plummets, and to the stock of all the companies that they hold stock in. IMHO this has all the makings for a finacial disaster unless this whole thing is implimented in the right manner. AND financially it will cost everybody more in the end, much more, and thats what I dont like about obamas plan.

Right now all of the capitol is looking at making a good 30 second sound bite, not the second and third order effects from ruining an industry

pauldun170
09-23-2009, 10:06 AM

Lets talk smack about successful people who talk smack about successful people.

pauldun170
09-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I actually agree with you somewhat. What happens when a bunch of insurance co's stop making money or close shop? I really see huge layoffs comingand insurance co. bailouts, add to that higher insurance rates for other products that the companies insure. Also what happens to the stock markets when their stock plummets, and to the stock of all the companies that they hold stock in. IMHO this has all the makings for a finacial disaster unless this whole thing is implimented in the right manner. AND financially it will cost everybody more in the end, much more, and thats what I dont like about obamas plan.

Right now all of the capitol is looking at making a good 30 second sound bite, not the second and third order effects from ruining an industry

No, nope and nope.

(Brought to you buy the people who underwrite it all)

unknownroad
09-23-2009, 10:39 AM
What happens when a bunch of insurance co's stop making money or close shop?

This is like the argument that we shouldn't simplify the tax code because it would put so many accountants and tax preparers out of work.

Besides, meaningful reform is completely off the table now anyway (and probably always was), it's a moot point. The new "fine people without insurance" program will buy the execs lots of new jet aircraft and exotic animals :bash:

goof2
09-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Lets talk smack about successful people who talk smack about successful people.

The difference is I am 1) far from rich and 2) it still doesn't bother me at all they get paid a lot.