PDA

View Full Version : Magic Jack

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 02:24 AM
http://www.magicjack.com/6/index.asp

due to some BS here... I can no longer have my Vonage phone here in Korea... so after some research I found out about Magic Jack... it's a USB phone line... what's nice for me is it's UNBLOCKABLE and I can get service anywhere in the world... so any deployed location that has internet service... I can make and RECIEVE calls! all with a stateside number.

anyways... there offering a free 30 day trial... if you like it... your billed... 31... that's it... for A YEAR! 31 a year... unlimited local and long distance!

international calls are prepaid... rates are in the FAQ section

here's the Area Codes availble for you to choose from (http://www.magicjack.com/1/areacodes.asp)

I've got mine on the way... :rockwoot:

Trip
04-16-2008, 08:00 AM
very cool, if it works out, this would be a cool thing to include in care packages to servicemen and women.

You will have to keep us updated on how well it does.

LaFemmes
04-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Very cool.

OTB
04-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Who is blocking your Vonage, and why?

upshift
04-16-2008, 08:30 AM
That little thing is badass. Im getting one of those when i move out.:rockwoot:

Rider
04-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Vonage sux anyway. The sound quality and the 1 second delay was enough to make me cancel my service with them Oh and their CS people don't speak English.. I use VOIP at work and the sound quality is perfect. Vonage was horrible.

Cutty72
04-16-2008, 01:48 PM
sweet.
so does your phone number stay the same all the time no matter where you are with that too then?

comonboys
04-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Make sure and send us your number so we can prank call you bwahahahahaha.....:whistle:

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Who is blocking your Vonage, and why?

apparently the Korean companies put pressure on AAFES and somehow had it removed from base... (not completely yet... mine still works for the moment) forcing you to change to a Korean company... which isn't bad... BUT I just bought my vonage phone 2 months ago... AND the Korean company can only provide Korean numbers so I can call the states... but it's a pain and expensive for anyone to call me.

Vonage sux anyway. The sound quality and the 1 second delay was enough to make me cancel my service with them Oh and their CS people don't speak English.. I use VOIP at work and the sound quality is perfect. Vonage was horrible.

Actually my Vonage is the clearest phone I've ever been on... it's Weird... no delay what so ever! it tripped me up the first call I made to my parents.. I was expecting a delay and kept talking really fast LOL

sweet.
so does your phone number stay the same all the time no matter where you are with that too then?

Yeah it's tied to the account you use... so no matter where ya go... it's the same number. you should DEFIANTLY look into it for your trip to Kosavo.

even if the sound quality is crap... it's $31 a YEAR... that's a little more than $2 a month.

I'll let you know how it works... when I get it... I had it expressed shipped for $3 :lol:

comonboys
04-16-2008, 04:30 PM
apparently the Korean companies put pressure on AAFES and somehow had it removed from base... (not completely yet... mine still works for the moment) forcing you to change to a Korean company... which isn't bad... BUT I just bought my vonage phone 2 months ago... AND the Korean company can only provide Korean numbers so I can call the states... but it's a pain and expensive for anyone to call me.

Actually my Vonage is the clearest phone I've ever been on... it's Weird... no delay what so ever! it tripped me up the first call I made to my parents.. I was expecting a delay and kept talking really fast LOL

Yeah it's tied to the account you use... so no matter where ya go... it's the same number. you should DEFIANTLY look into it for your trip to Kosavo.

even if the sound quality is crap... it's $31 a YEAR... that's a little more than $2 a month.

I'll let you know how it works... when I get it... I had it expressed shipped for $3 :lol:

That would mean I would have to get a new laptop so he has a laptop to bring over. EBBS FTMFW!!!!!!!! Love that idea..... (I want a new laptop anyway)

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 04:34 PM
so your giving him your laptop and buying another... damn... I need a girlfriend ;)

comonboys
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
so your giving him your laptop and buying another... damn... I need a girlfriend ;)

Thought about it. I am now looking at going to get my BS in Marketing so I will need a faster computer to put marketing plans on....... Plus I am looking to get into consulting and marketing with my job so I am going to be using my laptop alot. I want to be able to do presentations for clients on why verizon is the choice they should make so I need to have something reliable. Mine now doesn't hold a charge for long. and I have replaced the battery once and started not plugging it in all the time per cutty's instructions. Now the battery only last an hour... Can't have that.... when you turn my computer on it takes a good 15-20 minutes to boot up. I love my laptop... Just time for something more powerful to really get out there and make the $$ for Cutty to be able to take time off and play with toys....

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Have cutty apply for a Star Card before he deploys... buy the computer on that... then fax in a copy of his ordres... boom 0% intrest ;)

comonboys
04-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Have cutty apply for a Star Card before he deploys... buy the computer on that... then fax in a copy of his ordres... boom 0% intrest ;)

i will have to ask him. that would be sweet..... I know I don't "need" a new laptop but I really would like to have one and one that is a little small so it can go in my tank bag for when i ride the bike.... What's your opinion on the different kind. I looked at HP last night and custom built mine. 2gs later....

Mr Lefty
04-16-2008, 05:17 PM
I've got a toshiba right now... it's not bad.. the Viao I had before was nice too... it's Windows that's always the issue with me... I have issues with little glitches all the time...

but anyways... if he goes to AAFES online with his star card... he can order direct from dell and build his own computer the way he wants it...

Cutty72
04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah, still over a year away before we MAY go to Kosovo... nothing is for sure yet.

comonboys
04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
I've got a toshiba right now... it's not bad.. the Viao I had before was nice too... it's Windows that's always the issue with me... I have issues with little glitches all the time...

but anyways... if he goes to AAFES online with his star card... he can order direct from dell and build your computer the way you want it....

Fixed!!!!!!!

Gas Man
04-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Well when you get your number, let me know... I think I'm one of the few up when you are. I'll give you a call.. shoot the shit about crap over here... talk about riding and bitches!

Mr Lefty
04-17-2008, 03:01 AM
will do