PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboy Fans in here please

tached1000rr
10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Do you want TO back? Are you better off without him? Is Jerry Jones chewing some asses in upper management for talking him into letting TO go? Divorcing his son?

Will Wade take the fall?

Is the new stadium a jinx?

defector
10-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I personally don't want TO back - he can keep putting up his numbers in Buffalo.

Wade will lose his job over this season. He doesn't strike me as a leader.
Fortunately, I was at the track with my kid and didn't witness the shitty performance.

tommymac
10-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Wade will get fired, jones seems to have a hard on for jason garret to be their net head coach. Although with all the recent grumblings and poor performance you gotta wonder where Romo fits in all this.

Tom

Kaneman
10-07-2009, 09:03 AM
I would've liked T.O. to stay, but we wouldn't be winning more games with him here. If your QB can't throw the ball....or even keep track of what down it is then your team is screwed from the get go.

Wade will be fired either during the year or after it. I doubt Garrett will be the new head coach after the past couple years of failure.

The new stadium isn't a jinx, although I've always strongly opposed using imminent domain to build a fucking sports stadium. But we were a losing team before they even broke ground on it. No, our big problem is Tony Romo...we invested all this time into him when we should've been looking elsewhere...like signing Brett Favre.

tommymac
10-07-2009, 09:26 AM
I would've liked T.O. to stay, but we wouldn't be winning more games with him here. If your QB can't throw the ball....or even keep track of what down it is then your team is screwed from the get go.

Wade will be fired either during the year or after it. I doubt Garrett will be the new head coach after the past couple years of failure.

The new stadium isn't a jinx, although I've always strongly opposed using imminent domain to build a fucking sports stadium. But we were a losing team before they even broke ground on it. No, our big problem is Tony Romo...we invested all this time into him when we should've been looking elsewhere...like signing Brett Favre.

Good point on garret, I know jones was kinda looking at him as the future long term coach but with the offense sputtering and romo not improving/developing you realy need to figure out where to go next, and thats not easy in the NFC east esp with NY and philly playing well.

z06boy
10-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Why would the new stadium be considered a jinx ? They've only played two games there...won one and lost one ? :scratch:

Preseason doesn't count you know. :lol:

They lost by 2 points to the undefeated Giants...not that bad imho.

Wade will probably be gone.

T.O. was too much of a distraction...does more harm than good imho...although he is a good player.

Romo has his moments but is sucking in the big scheme of things overall.

Being a Carolina Panthers fan...we have Jake...which is worse than Romo. :lol

defector
10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Their problems are more than Romo - they can't get pressure consistently up front, they can't get turnovers, they can't tackle, they can't protect Romo...

z06boy
10-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Their problems are more than Romo - they can't get pressure consistently up front, they can't get turnovers, they can't tackle, they can't protect Romo...

True

tached1000rr
10-07-2009, 09:57 AM

True, but we all know it will be Romo's or Wade's fault

tommymac
10-07-2009, 10:01 AM
I would enjoy seeing dallas go 7-9 this year and jones having a hissy fit though.

Tom

wildchild
10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
I would enjoy seeing dallas go 7-9 this year and jones having a hissy fit though.

Tom

not me, my other half is a Dallas fan. yeah I hate Romo for the ruckus he has caused in our house.:)

Hope they fire him soon. delhomo needs to go go

tommymac
10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
not me, my other half is a Dallas fan. yeah I hate Romo for the ruckus he has caused in our house.:)

Hope they fire him soon. delhomo needs to go go

my fiancee and her family are all steeler fans so I hope they go 3-13 every year :lol:

Tom

tached1000rr
10-07-2009, 11:08 AM
My wife is a Dallas fan which is why I started this thread, she and I were talking and I decided to take our discussion to the people:)

marko138
10-07-2009, 11:59 AM
I am by no means a Dallas fan. Hate them, in fact. But I do have Romo as my fantasy QB. He's fucking me right now. I need him to play better and I don't care who he throws to.

Rider
10-07-2009, 12:01 PM
I am by no means a Dallas fan. Hate them, in fact. But I do have Romo as my fantasy QB. He's fucking me right now. I need him to play better and I don't care who he throws to.

I dropped his ass like a bad habit last week. I'm starting Joe Flacco with Jay Cutler on the Bench. Both of those no names are putting up bigger numbers than Homo.

marko138
10-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I dropped his ass like a bad habit last week. I'm starting Joe Flacco with Jay Cutler on the Bench. Both of those no names are putting up bigger numbers than Homo.
I've got Ryan on the bench from ATL. I may have to start him soon. There aren't many good options on the waiver wire.

tommymac
10-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I've got Ryan on the bench from ATL. I may have to start him soon. There aren't many good options on the waiver wire.

Shit I had to snap up derek anderson off the scrap heap last week because delhome was on the bye. he put up decent numbers at least.

Tom

defector
10-07-2009, 01:21 PM
True, but we all know it will be Romo's or Wade's fault

Correct. QB's get far too much credit for wins and far too much blame for losses. I try to not have too high of hopes for Romo considering he was UNDRAFTED......people tend to forget that.

marko138
10-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Shit I had to snap up derek anderson off the scrap heap last week because delhome was on the bye. he put up decent numbers at least.

Tom

My squad has seriously shit the bed 3 weeks in a row. I had a really strong week 1 and it's been a long slide to the bottom of the league since.

Correct. QB's get far too much credit for wins and far too much blame for losses. I try to not have too high of hopes for Romo considering he was UNDRAFTED......people tend to forget that.

I forgot that.

tached1000rr
10-07-2009, 01:34 PM

I get Ryan in there ASAP

tached1000rr
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM

What i don't understand is why the Cowboys gave him 60 million $ contract when he basically had not won anything yet??????

marko138
10-07-2009, 01:38 PM
I get Ryan in there ASAP

Yep. Romo has become unreliable at this point. But Ryan's numbers aren't really that great either.

karl_1052
10-07-2009, 02:17 PM
T.O. was too much of a distraction...does more harm than good imho...although he is a good player.

This is the problem with TO(and Sanders before him), he is a showman, and would fit in better in the WWE.
Randy Moss used to be the same way until Belechick kicked his ass about, and now he is a productive TEAM member.

defector
10-07-2009, 02:43 PM
What i don't understand is why the Cowboys gave him 60 million $ contract when he basically had not won anything yet??????

Good question. Unfortunately, I do not have an answer. Maybe they went on stats and potential, instead of wins. Come to think of it, he has alot of wins, just not any "big" wins....yet.

I will reserve judgement for 1 more year considering this is like his third year starting. Even Peyton Manning didn't get his first playoff win until year four or five of his career, and he was bred to play QB in the NFL.

defector
10-07-2009, 02:45 PM
This is the problem with TO(and Sanders before him), he is a showman, and would fit in better in the WWE.
Randy Moss used to be the same way until Belechick kicked his ass about, and now he is a productive TEAM member.

Seems to be a sickness with WR's...also see Ocho Cinco

tommymac
10-07-2009, 02:47 PM
My squad has seriously shit the bed 3 weeks in a row. I had a really strong week 1 and it's been a long slide to the bottom of the league since.

I forgot that.

I lost this week but had 5 key players on the bye so I had a patchwork line up, and I tied the week before so now I am 1-2-1, def need to string together a few wins if I want any shot at the playoffs

karl_1052
10-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Seems to be a sickness with WR's...also see Ocho Cinco

His name is Chad Johnson, his asshole personality is Ocho Cinco.:td:

defector
10-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Legally changed to Ocho Cinco this August, iirc.
Otherwise it wouldn't be allowed on the back of his jersey.

Rider
10-07-2009, 03:48 PM

Actually it's Ochocinco(no space). The fucking moron was too stupid to know that 85 is actually ochenta y cinco, not ocho cinco which is 8 5

defector
10-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah, well it looked like two words on his jersey to me. :lol

Kaneman
10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Romo really is the largest problem we have now. Without a QB that can get it done everyone loses momentum, the defense gets tired, guys don't put as much effort in to it, and so on. Look at how he nearly got Williams killed Sunday...guys just don't have the motivation to give their all for him.

karl_1052
10-07-2009, 05:52 PM

He had it on the back of his jersey last year too.

defector
10-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Romo really is the largest problem we have now. Without a QB that can get it done everyone loses momentum, the defense gets tired, guys don't put as much effort in to it, and so on. Look at how he nearly got Williams killed Sunday...guys just don't have the motivation to give their all for him.

Completely disagree.
Defense hasn't had consistent pressure all season, Defense still can't tackle....this has been from the first play to the last - every game.

I won't even get into the fact that they can't run the ball for 1 yard when they really need to.

tached1000rr
10-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Marion Barber not being available has hurt them as well....

defector
10-07-2009, 07:53 PM
He had it on the back of his jersey last year too.

You are correct:
He legally changed his name in August,2008.

'73 H1 Triple
10-07-2009, 11:16 PM

Philly paper ran an article on TO last week. TO says the media is "baiting him" and taking his quotes out of context.

That's why he had to leave the Cowboys and the Eagles.

( make your own judgement )

~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the Eagles picked up Micheal Vick, TO sure looked pretty good. Yes, he had a VERY big mouth that was always running but he seemed to be a decent person.

Not so with conVick

Kaneman
10-08-2009, 09:03 AM
I agree on T.O. If you listen to local sports radio around here you could literally hear the media baiting T.O. at every interview. They practically beg him to say things they can print, they antagonize him, push him, etc. etc.

T.O. shares blame for it, but its pathetic to hear how the "journalists" egg him on.

karl_1052
10-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I agree on T.O. If you listen to local sports radio around here you could literally hear the media baiting T.O. at every interview. They practically beg him to say things they can print, they antagonize him, push him, etc. etc.

T.O. shares blame for it, but its pathetic to hear how the "journalists" egg him on.

Funny how they don't 'bait' Peyton or Eli. What about Brady? THey even leave Moss alone now that he has Billichecks size 12 up his ass.

TO brings it on himself, no pity from me.

6doublefive321
10-08-2009, 04:31 PM
You are correct:
He legally changed his name in August,2008.

You are correct and incorrect. He changed his name, but the NFL would not let him change his jersey unless he bought up all the old "Johnson" jerseys. 2009 is the first time his jersey reflected his uber retarded changed name.

defector
10-08-2009, 05:13 PM
You are correct and incorrect. He changed his name, but the NFL would not let him change his jersey unless he bought up all the old "Johnson" jerseys. 2009 is the first time his jersey reflected his uber retarded changed name.

Awesome! I knew Reebok was pissed about it, but I didn't know he had to buy them back.

6doublefive321
10-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Awesome! I knew Reebok was pissed about it, but I didn't know he had to buy them back.

He didn't have to buy them back, just if he wanted to wear the new name last year. They told him he could wear the new name if he paid for all the unsold C. Johnson jerseys. He chose not to pay the $$, so he had to wear C. Johnson last year. He should have changed his name to el doucho.