PDA

View Full Version : Wheelie Vids

Full Throttle
04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Check it yall are going to freak if you analyze this vid. And yeah i know yall just got done bashing me over the head but this was back a few months on our way back home from the ATL. And you might recognize the bike in the vid to he's new to the forum.

I would lower your volume before watching though its pretty loud.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/Ninja_250/th_1013071845-00.jpg (http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/Ninja_250/?action=view&current=1013071845-00.flv)

Trip
04-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Why are we going to freak? If you want to do wheelies, go for it. Not my cup of tea at that speed, but I have been known to wheelie at slow speeds before.

Full Throttle
04-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Im not doing the wheelie. just watch the vid closer.

OneSickPsycho
04-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I agree... I am less concerned about the wheelie and more concerned about the fact that you are filming from your bike at highway speeds.

Trip
04-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Im not doing the wheelie. just watch the vid closer.

The truck blasting passed you like your standing still?

Full Throttle
04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
The truck blasting passed you like your standing still?

No we were only going like 75 but you got it right OSP. it was my phone so i just put it away as soon as he set it down.

JoJoYZF
04-17-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree... I am less concerned about the wheelie and more concerned about the fact that you are filming from your bike at highway speeds.

Good call

Trip
04-17-2008, 12:18 PM
No we were only going like 75 but you got it right OSP. it was my phone so i just put it away as soon as he set it down.

A big truck like that blasting past bikes at 85 or more worries me more than you with your camera.

z06boy
04-17-2008, 12:19 PM

Not the smartest thing I've seen...I'm talking about the "filming part"...BUT you did pretty dayum good with the video...being a phone...taken at speed.

JoJoYZF
04-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Not the smartest thing I've seen...I'm talking about the "filming part"...BUT you did pretty dayum good with the video...being a phone...taken at speed.

Pretty good quality and everything just a relatively stupid idea. My only ? is did the op post this just for us to tell him he's stupid for doing that?

z06boy
04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Pretty good quality and everything just a relatively stupid idea. My only ? is did the op post this just for us to tell him he's stupid for doing that?

I don't know BUT I'm with you on all accounts including as to why.

Full Throttle
04-17-2008, 02:17 PM
A big truck like that blasting past bikes at 85 or more worries me more than you with your camera.

Really ? Well it was next to him not me and it didn't bother us at all. the wind was very minimum.

Yeah not to smart but it was a long drive and he really wanted some pics or vids and i said hell ill just record it. the only car that was around us for like a mile was that truck so no worries about vehicles. The only real hard part of filming it was just keeping my phone from closing, the wind wanted to make it close.

well i was surprised it came out that good to be honest.

Trip
04-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Really ? Well it was next to him not me and it didn't bother us at all. the wind was very minimum.

I don't care about wind, I care about the whole him not seeing you thing and running ya'll asses over part.

When riding street especially in high traffic area, I try and focus completely on where the cages are and what they are up to. Too much shit happens with people getting plowed over.

Full Throttle
04-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't care about wind, I care about the whole him not seeing you thing and running ya'll asses over part.

When riding street especially in high traffic area, I try and focus completely on where the cages are and what they are up to. Too much shit happens with people getting plowed over.

How could he not see us he was right there and did you see the video ? there isn't any traffic.

Trip
04-17-2008, 02:35 PM
How could he not see us he was right there and did you see the video ? there isn't any traffic.

Seriously how long have you been riding? Asking a question about how a cage cannot see you is like asking where the fucking throttle is on a bike.

Looks like an insterstate to me, I would consider that a traffic area.

Full Throttle
04-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Seriously how long have you been riding? Asking a question about how a cage cannot see you is like asking where the fucking throttle is on a bike.

Looks like an interstate to me, I would consider that a traffic area.

Ive been riding about a year and yea i know cages cant see us that well but there wasn't another car for like a mile in front and behind us doesn't seem high traffic to me. maybe if there was actually cars in front of me and behind me i might say high traffic but there wasn't so no

upshift
04-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Ive been riding about a year and yea i know cages cant see us that well but there wasn't another car for like a mile in front and behind us doesn't seem high traffic to me. maybe if there was actually cars in front of me and behind me i might say high traffic but there wasn't so no

Trips point is that the guy was in a large truck and could easily have hit one of you without knowing it. Most people drivers oblivious to their surroundings while driving. People on the interstate, especially those in the fast lane can be doing 20+ over the speed limit and plow over bikers easily. And a traffic area IMO is a place where traffic can go thru not just where traffic is going thru. A guy driving behind you can easily come up and pass at high speeds i.e. that truck.

JoJoYZF
04-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Trips point is that the guy was in a large truck and could easily have hit one of you without knowing it. Most people drivers oblivious to their surroundings while driving. People on the interstate, especially those in the fast lane can be doing 20+ over the speed limit and plow over bikers easily. And a traffic area IMO is a place where traffic can go thru not just where traffic is going thru. A guy driving behind you can easily come up and pass at high speeds i.e. that truck.

Not to mention the fact that since there was less traffic the driver probably wasnt paying much attention. A big truck flying by you without paying attention, yeah, Im sure he never would have missed seein two bikes...

Mr Lefty
04-17-2008, 04:56 PM

one of the FIRST days I was riding in ak... I was on the Glen highway its a 2 lane road each way that turns into 3 as you get close to anchorage...

I was in the fast lane crusing at about 75-80 when the road opened up to three... I had just passed this car about 1/3 of a mile back and had stayed in the left lane... so I checked my mirrors and moved over. the car I had passed was on my tail... so I figured hell I'll let him have a good run up the hill...

He gets 3/4 of a length on me and then starts moving over into my lane! so I honk and move over to the slow lane... slowing slightly to give some space... fucker KEEPS moving over... all the way into the slow lane! and because of the hill he was slowing a lot... so I got on the brakes pretty hard and let him over...

On the fucking back of his car is a big ass bumper sticker that's NEON GREEN and says... WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLES! so i figured I'd help him see me... pulled up next to him... moved in close... and put a size 12 dent in his drivers door... twisted my wrist and put a good 3 miles between me and him...

there wasn't another car with in 2 miles of us... and I had JUST passed him! wearing my NEON Yellow Icon Vest... so I have no idea how he couldn't have seen me...

ceo012384
04-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Trip,

You need to hack the forum software so that anyone who creates a thread in the stunting forum immediately gets banned.

That way the stunting forum is a self-policing douche removal tool.

Respectfully submitted,

-CEO

Amber Lamps
04-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Hey I posted a thread there I guess I should be banned. Infact,anyone who's posted on the stunting part of the forum should be banned. You know after reading some of CEO's recent posts,I think the best thing that can happen would be if CEO started his own forum with only himself as a member. That way he could enjoy the internet douche free!

ceo012384
04-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Hey I posted a thread there I guess I should be banned. Infact,anyone who's posted on the stunting part of the forum should be banned. You know after reading some of CEO's recent posts,I think the best thing that can happen would be if CEO started his own forum with only himself as a member. That way he could enjoy the internet douche free!
I love when you get all riled up so easily.

Amber Lamps
04-18-2008, 06:19 PM

Nah,I just like to post behind you! Besides I'm gonna be out of it for awhile next week,so I may as well get my posting/fighting out of the way!!

NONE_too_SOFT
04-18-2008, 07:32 PM

you crack me up sometimes, your cynicism parallels that of my own.

Amber Lamps
04-18-2008, 09:27 PM

I think you guys should get married!

NONE_too_SOFT
04-18-2008, 09:30 PM
like your two fathers?

Amber Lamps
04-18-2008, 09:54 PM
like your two fathers?

I keep telling you they were ROOMATES,nothing else!!! A couple blowjobs and a few compromising pics do not a couple make!

Adam
04-21-2008, 07:16 PM
that was kinda dangerous filming with your phone but that was a pretty nice wheelie. that guys got skill :whistle:

:lol:

Full Throttle
04-22-2008, 03:59 PM
You would of had to been there. the guy in the truck was watching us cause Adam already had done one wheelie. so he was paying very close attention to us.

t-homo
04-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Very close attention, as in flying by.

marko138
04-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Just get the fuck out.

ceo012384
04-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Cheers :cheers:
like your two fathers?
Zing!

NtS 1
Tig 0

OTB
04-24-2008, 11:41 AM

The ability of riders to underestimate the complete lack of control, observation and care by other drivers never ceases to amaze me. I drive one of these:http://www.americansprinter.com/images/sprinter%20van%20white%20no%20bkgrd.jpg

Nine feet high, almost 7 feet wide, and 158 inch wheelbase, bright white; and I have people trying to merge me into the ditch on a regular basis, and I wonder "How?"

So, if you think that ANYBODY sees you on a bike, well, it's just a matter of time.....................

JoJoYZF
04-24-2008, 01:44 PM
The ability of riders to underestimate the complete lack of control, observation and care by other drivers never ceases to amaze me. I drive one of these:http://www.americansprinter.com/images/sprinter%20van%20white%20no%20bkgrd.jpg

Nine feet high, almost 7 feet wide, and 158 inch wheelbase, bright white; and I have people trying to merge me into the ditch on a regular basis, and I wonder "How?"

So, if you think that ANYBODY sees you on a bike, well, it's just a matter of time.....................

Another very well put statement from OTB. Thats a damn good point, if they cant see something the size of a short bus, they sure as hell cant see a bicycle on steroids.

ceo012384
04-24-2008, 05:58 PM

:iagree: with that for sure.

I don't care what colors you wear, how loud your bike is, if you wave and scream at them.... NO MATTER WHAT there are drivers out there that won't see you. I just ride with that mindset.

Mr Lefty
04-24-2008, 06:14 PM
OTB... I'd love to have one of those thngs... fuck'n kick ass for distant track days!

I'd paint it saftey orange though :lol:

dReWpY
04-24-2008, 09:43 PM
i had a car almost take pc and me out on the highway, i was looking this lady in the eyes and she still came over into our lane, 1000cc's proved useful 2up

OTB
04-25-2008, 07:11 AM
OTB... I'd love to have one of those thngs... fuck'n kick ass for distant track days!

I'd paint it saftey orange though :lol:

They are GREAT....turbodiesel, 200 hp, 200fp of torque, I get 27 mpg around town, 31 mpg on the road. I can squeeze 3 bikes in with careful planning, plus gear tools and extra stuff. The hightop version allows me to stand up inside without craning my neck (I'm 6'2").

Mr Lefty
04-25-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm 6'3" and that sounds AWESOME! humm... wonder if I could find one used... till then... I'll have to stick to my 4-Runner or Pickup

marko138
04-25-2008, 08:59 AM
I've seen the Bimota packed up in that sucker. It's a great way to haul your rig.

OTB
04-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm 6'3" and that sounds AWESOME! humm... wonder if I could find one used... till then... I'll have to stick to my 4-Runner or Pickup

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/forsale/list.asp?bcatid=27&ParentCategoryID=209&catid=316&man=DODGE&mdl=SPRINTER+2500&guid=4B7A3D21540B4213A7C4F27227E16A2C

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=1674469&guid=4B7A3D21540B4213A7C4F27227E16A2C

Mine is an '04 that I have put 110,000 miles on, just put first set of tires on (12 ply, they last a long time). Outside of that an 10K oil changes, thats' it as far as service.Motor is just getting broken in.

Mr Lefty
04-26-2008, 12:36 AM
damn... may have to seriously look into one of these... though i think I'm a couple years away from afording one... gotta buy a house first...

Full Throttle
04-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Ive already said this twice now. I know cages cant see us. but if you watch the damn vid you would realize yall are just being to critical cause that truck wasnt going to bother us at all. And i dont really care if yall believe me or not and im sure yall think that it was a gauntlet or something which is obserd.

Mr Lefty
04-26-2008, 05:25 AM
our point is YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A CAGE IS GOING TO DO... so why do anything around them that's going to take your attention awayfrom riding and keeping an eye on them.

I'd say 70% of the cars you'll pass will go on harmlessly and not make a stupid move around you... the other 30% will try to kill you. and since you can't tell the 30% from the 70%... treat it as 0% will pass you harmlessly and 100% will try to kill you. LET THEM PROVE YOU WRONG... at least if they do... your still alive.

marko138
04-26-2008, 01:24 PM
You = jackass.

Amber Lamps
05-03-2008, 10:21 PM

Man you're right! I worked for U-Haul when I was in school and we had to tranfer trucks across town. Some dumb bitch literally changed lanes into me while I was driving a 24' orange and white truck! Not to mention the several close calls.... people are stupid! Now on the other hand,I've done more than my fair share of highway wheelies,hell me and my friends sold two videos full of them,and I've never had a vehicle turn into me nor have I personally seen it happen. Ofcourse,we always worked the fast lane and tried to only do it without any traffic... I guess I'm on the fence with this one. I think it's a "calculated risk" but to think it's "safe" is foolish!