PDA

View Full Version : New Gear Review

Amber Lamps
04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Well I just picked up a new Icon Acellerant Perforated jacket in white. It's basically the same as my other Icon Acellerant jacket except it's got a billion little holes poked in it. It still has the Ti armor on the back and shoulders and it also comes with a wind proof liner. Me and the puppy put on about 200 miles today and it was pushing 80 but I felt like I wasn't wearing a jacket at all. Also,either Icon has started using even thicker armor or it's specific to this jacket but the armor is really thick and CE approved btw. Anyway,it's a fine jacket with a casual cut and subtle style. Definitely worth the $320 otd I paid for it!

t-homo
04-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Nice. I need to get a leather jacket or suit soon.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-17-2008, 08:03 PM
leather is good.

Amber Lamps
04-17-2008, 08:10 PM
leather is good.

Yea I own three non-leather jackets but I never feel really "safe" when I wear them. I feel really comfortable in his jacket. Comfort=confidence!

NONE_too_SOFT
04-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Yea I own three non-leather jackets but I never feel really "safe" when I wear them. I feel really comfortable in his jacket. Comfort=confidence!

leather = confidence.

Amber Lamps
04-17-2008, 08:42 PM
leather = confidence.

Leather=mental comfort=confidence! Maybe if I hadn't seen 3 different accidents with guys wearing different textile jackets and those jackets falling apart....

6doublefive321
04-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Somewhat on topic, I went by a local shop yesterday at lunch to look at jackets. I wanted a "transition" jacket. Its cold as OSP's heart in the morning, and hotter than Tigger's temper in the afternoon here. The shop had two Tourmaster Air Flow 2 jackets, one in L and one in M. The M was priced at $105, the L at $149. I thought "WTF Mate?". Why the big difference. I came back to work looked up prices on the net, and the best price I found was $152 for the same jacket. I promptly went back to pick up the medium at $105, and sure enough it rang up at $105. However, the clerk knew immediately that they had fucked up. The owner let me have the jacket at $105, which meant they took a loss. I felt guilty for about 2 seconds, then laughed all the way home. Was I wrong?

Dnyce
04-18-2008, 06:06 PM
. Was I wrong?

fuck no

6doublefive321
04-18-2008, 09:03 PM
fuck no

Thanks. That's all the reassurance I needed.

OneSickPsycho
04-19-2008, 02:17 AM
I love that fucking jacket... If I were in the market for a leather jacket, that'd be it. Or the Motorhead jacket... P-I-M-P...

Amber Lamps
04-19-2008, 04:05 AM
I love that fucking jacket... If I were in the market for a leather jacket, that'd be it. Or the Motorhead jacket... P-I-M-P...

Thanks,I have two now,the perforated and the normal jacket,both in white!

p00kienrayray
04-24-2008, 08:52 PM
leather = better track times, higher wheelies, and a stronger pussy magnet.

Let's see them pics of the white leather...just watch out for them fuckn bugs...
so u decided not to get the evil kineval teckniks jacket?