PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte/Fort Mill Area

racedoll
10-11-2009, 10:17 PM
The end of the month I will be in the Fort Mill/Charlotte area and would like to meet up with those of you that are nearby.

I have to find out for sure, but I do believe I'll be traveling on Tuesday and will get into Pineville, NC that evening sometime.

My training is during the day, so evenings are free. I do know my training is on Wed-Fri (only until 3pm on Friday), Oct 27-30.

I haven't decided when I'm returning home. I'm thinking of running a 5K at Charlotte-Douglas Airport Saturday morning, so it would be after that at the earliest.

I might stay longer. It also depends on if Erik comes with me. If he does then we may trailer the bikes down and stay until Sunday or Monday.

At any rate, I wanted to get an idea of who is down this way to meet up with so I can start planning more details.

racedoll
10-12-2009, 08:13 AM
OK. So I get a call this morning that I'm not going, at least right now. I'm disappointed to say the least.
I guess I jinxed myself by posting this. Oh well.

tached1000rr
10-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Damn, I had just told the wifey that you guys were coming down and I had planned to show you all some good roads!!!!!!!

CasterTroy
10-12-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm totally NOT going to Vegas for Christmas this year....NOT AT ALL

NO plans to go to Vegas at Christmas

Nope

None!

Nada....ZIP!!

Hoping this works

racedoll
02-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Bump... my plans are back on for Ft.Mill/Charlotte. I will be heading down one week from tomorrow.

CasterTroy
02-25-2010, 07:14 AM
really? Hmm kid free week for me....might have to have a drink or 12 with ya

racedoll
02-25-2010, 05:47 PM
really? Hmm kid free week for me....might have to have a drink or 12 with ya

Yep. This time it is for real. I will be staying in the Pineville area. Would be great to meet some of you guys/gals.

MILK
02-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Yep. This time it is for real. I will be staying in the Pineville area. Would be great to meet some of you guys/gals.

It's on woman!! I work in Ft Mill!!

tached1000rr
02-25-2010, 08:37 PM
You know where to find me "just follow the curves" and don't get car sick

racedoll
02-25-2010, 10:37 PM
It's on woman!! I work in Ft Mill!!

Sweet. I'll be working in Ft. Mill too while down there. . .at INA.

You know where to find me "just follow the curves" and don't get car sick

I sure do. No car sick, I'll be driving (usually sick when riding in passenger seat).

MILK
02-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Sweet. I'll be working in Ft. Mill too while down there. . .at INA.

I sure do. No car sick, I'll be driving (usually sick when riding in passenger seat).

How long will you be here for?

CasterTroy
02-26-2010, 08:50 AM
You know where to find me "just follow the curves"

Topless bar for thick women?

racedoll
02-26-2010, 11:04 AM
How long will you be here for?

I will arrive Thursday night (03/04) and depart Wednesday afternoon (03/10).

tached1000rr
02-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Topless bar for thick women?

:lol

z06boy
02-26-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know if you're flying or driving but I live about 25 miles north of Charlotte in the Lake Norman area (Mooresville) which sits between Exits #36 and #33 in case you have any issues...I can pm my cell #.

I bought a new vehicle from a dealership in Ft. Mill about a week ago and may be taking it down there that Saturday as well.

I work in uptown Charlotte in the 60 story building and I-77 runs right near there.

MILK
02-26-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't know if you're flying or driving but I live about 25 miles north of Charlotte in the Lake Norman area (Mooresville) which sits between Exits #36 and #33 in case you have any issues...I can pm my cell #.

I bought a new vehicle from a dealership in Ft. Mill about a week ago and may be taking it down there that Saturday as well.

I work in uptown Charlotte in the 60 story building and I-77 runs right near there.

Dirtbag! I live here and you've never bothered to meet me!! :lol

But then I am not in Fort Mill on Saturdays and thankfully do not work downtown. Oh and I hate Lake Norman too. It hasn't been fun since the 80's! RUINT I tell you. :lol:

z06boy
02-26-2010, 01:43 PM

But then I am not in Fort Mill on Saturdays and thankfully do not work downtown. Oh and I hate Lake Norman too. It hasn't been fun since the 80's! RUINT I tell you. :lol:

:rofl: Well you hate where I live...you hate where I work...you call me names and I only went to Ft. Mill to buy a car :lol:...so I'm not sure why. :rofl: :nee: :cheers:

The 80's ? You've been in this area that long ? Same here.

I'd be happy to meet you any old time though. I "think" you're the one that told me/posted about Tiger World ? The wife and I enjoyed that place...rode the bikes over during last summer. I never even knew it was there.

MILK
02-26-2010, 01:48 PM
:lmao:

Tiger World is cool isn't it? I want to go back when it warms up. Tiger World is about 10 minutes from me - 25 as the tiger runs. :tremble: :lol:

Maybe all three of us can meet somewhere! Oh and Troy too since I haven't met him either and he's only a little over an hour away.

I've met more members from other states than the one where I live!!

z06boy
02-26-2010, 02:38 PM
:lmao:

Tiger World is cool isn't it? I want to go back when it warms up. Tiger World is about 10 minutes from me - 25 as the tiger runs. :tremble: :lol:

Maybe all three of us can meet somewhere! Oh and Troy too since I haven't met him either and he's only a little over an hour away.

Yeah it was pretty cool. Sounds good.

CasterTroy
02-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Holy Crap...my wife grew up in Landis and we go to her parents at least once a month

racedoll
02-26-2010, 08:18 PM

I will be driving. I'm hoping to meet up with Yamerhaw too on my way down. ...Which reminds me I need to get a hold of him...

Yep, just PM me your info and I'll get a hold of you.

I was hoping that maybe a group of us could meet, but if not I'll go for one-on-one.

Well, after this trip I will have met more out-of-state members than those from this one. Not really hard to do though as there are very few us us in OH.

Oh, not sure what I'm doing Saturday or Sunday. Was hoping to use that time to meet some of you guys/gals. I may try to find a race (running) to do, just for something to do.

racedoll
03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Look out NC, I have arrived!!!!

Tomorrow will be the first time I've ever been to SC...to bad I'm going there for work.

MILK
03-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Look out NC, I have arrived!!!!

Tomorrow will be the first time I've ever been to SC...to bad I'm going there for work.

Well Brandon and I will be in Rock Hill tomorrow around 2PM. Unfortunately it is for a funeral. :( One of my co-workers passed away yesterday. Hard to believe..

After that is over we are free if you are in the area though and will be driving back through Charlotte to go home.

You can also join us tomorrow morning at the Charlotte airport with the Cub Scouts for a tour of the Aviation Museum! Ha!

racedoll
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
What time in the morning?

I was thinking if everyone is available we could all do supper tomorrow in a centralized location.

MILK
03-06-2010, 08:20 AM
What time in the morning?

I was thinking if everyone is available we could all do supper tomorrow in a centralized location.

11:30 at the Aviation museum behind the airport! Call me!

racedoll
03-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Great meeting you and Brandon. Airplanes were cool too. I know erik would have enjoyed that. Maybe see you later.

MILK
03-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Great meeting you and Brandon. Airplanes were cool too. I know erik would have enjoyed that. Maybe see you later.

Brandon finally stopped crying! :lol: He said, 'I will never get to see her again!'. I think he has a little crush.

I hate we aren't doing dinner but it is the smart thing to do. It is going to take forever to get his book report finished!! He is still procrastinating!!

Enjoyed meeting you! Maybe we can squeeze in one more visit before you leave!

MILK
03-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok now I know he has a crush. He said, "Mommy does she have a son?". After I said no he says,"She needs one.". Ha!!

Between that and the pretty comment in the car and crying when we weren't going to dinner I think it's fairly obvious! :lmao:

racedoll
03-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Brandon finally stopped crying! :lol: He said, 'I will never get to see her again!'. I think he has a little crush.

I hate we aren't doing dinner but it is the smart thing to do. It is going to take forever to get his book report finished!! He is still procrastinating!!

Enjoyed meeting you! Maybe we can squeeze in one more visit before you leave!

Yeah, it sucked we couldn't do dinner but maybe we can sneak in lunch on Wednesday before I head north.

I hope he got his book report done or at least a good start on it so he can enjoy the weather tomorrow.

Ok now I know he has a crush. He said, "Mommy does she have a son?". After I said no he says,"She needs one.". Ha!!

Between that and the pretty comment in the car and crying when we weren't going to dinner I think it's fairly obvious! :lmao:

:scared: (since I can't find the blushing one).

You OK with me posting our picture?

MILK
03-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Post it! I need a copy myself! :lol:

The book report is finished too!!!

CasterTroy
03-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Big ole truckload of suck!!!

My renters called me friday night with a sewer leak....went out yesterday morning and found the cast iron pipe from the house snapped at the foundation.....been leaking for a LONG time.....had to dig and dig and puke and dig....then repair the pipe

Neck deep in crap and funky....just needed a bath and bed come dusk.

Sorry

racedoll
03-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Post it! I need a copy myself! :lol:

The book report is finished too!!!

Yeah! Good job Brandon :)

Pictures are OK quality, had to take them with my phone since I left the good camera at home :(

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j197/racedoll/TWF%20Friends/CubScouts.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j197/racedoll/TWF%20Friends/Nicole.jpg