PDA

View Full Version : The Day Before Trackday

fpzx10
04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Is the longest work day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all

t-homo
04-18-2008, 02:22 PM

That's all

I bet. Drink some beer and pass out. It will go super fast.

Rider
04-18-2008, 02:22 PM
:rockwoot:

fpzx10
04-18-2008, 02:23 PM
I bet. Drink some beer and pass out. It will go super fast.

Except for that whole dehydration/hangover while trying to ride :lol:

t-homo
04-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Except for that whole dehydration/hangover while trying to ride :lol:

Minor flaw in the plan.

fpzx10
04-18-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm lovin the ramps. I've got the truck loaded, and I'm glad I don't have to worry about the trailer

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/fpzx10/265658541_896923620_0.jpg

the chi
04-18-2008, 02:33 PM
No SHIT!!!! I am dying in my office today...i dont know if my nerves are cuz I am nervous or excited about this weekend, but I cant wait to run home, change and LEAVE!!!!

Trip
04-18-2008, 03:11 PM
I am at home waiting for kyle to get off work.

Hey Kev, guess what?

I'm bringing the fiddy!!!!

fpzx10
04-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Awesome. I better get to ride it

ceo012384
04-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Fuck you guys I still have a week and a half to wait!!!!!

Trip
04-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Fuck you guys I still have a week and a half to wait!!!!!

you need to move, so you can partake in the many different tracks and the gap that we have here in the southern states. Plus more months of riding season.

Well, I am out, see ya guys later.

ceo012384
04-18-2008, 04:10 PM
you need to move, so you can partake in the many different tracks and the gap that we have here in the southern states. Plus more months of riding season.

Well, I am out, see ya guys later.
Are there any TDs around the time of the rally, like right after it?

Katherine
04-19-2008, 01:12 AM
June 6th at Roebling Road (http://roeblingroad.com/schedule.html) (Savannah, GA)

June 8th at Carolina Motorsports (http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/cal0608.html) (Kershaw, SC)

June 14th at Jennings GP (http://jenningsgp.com/events.htm) (Jennings, FL)

Mudpuppy
04-19-2008, 01:21 AM

That's all

you ain't lying.. its the worst.. waiting waiting waiting..

dReWpY
04-19-2008, 03:29 AM
i cant wait to move my ass to TN so i can partake, motherfuckers....

DLIT
04-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Next Friday is the day before my 1st track day since I've been back. Can't wait!

r!der
04-19-2008, 07:01 PM

That's all

For sure, the work day before a track day always seems to go by damn slow. Still MUCH BETTER than to be waiting for parts!!!
...almost back together tho!

Phenix_Rider
04-19-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm lovin the ramps. I've got the truck loaded, and I'm glad I don't have to worry about the trailer

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/fpzx10/265658541_896923620_0.jpg

What ramps do you have? I'm debating whether to trailer or see if the bike will fit in my truck. Gotta make a checklist...Fuel, Stands, Tools...

Cutty72
04-20-2008, 08:19 PM
What ramps do you have? I'm debating whether to trailer or see if the bike will fit in my truck. Gotta make a checklist...Fuel, Stands, Tools...

I don't know why your bike WOULDN'T fit in your truck?

My 1125 fits in the 6 1/2' bed of my F-150 perfect. a 4X4 in front of the front tire to space it from my tonneau cover, and i can still shut the tailgate. Locks it in tight. :dthumb:

Phenix_Rider
04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't know why your bike WOULDN'T fit in your truck?

My 1125 fits in the 6 1/2' bed of my F-150 perfect. a 4X4 in front of the front tire to space it from my tonneau cover, and i can still shut the tailgate. Locks it in tight. :dthumb:

That's the thing. My truck has a 6' bed, and a tonneau cover and a light bar- which aren't really problems. The 2' x 4' box in the bed is a problem, and the fact that the cover has never been off, so I'm not sure it'll go back on. Just stuff I'll have to work out the day before. What did you tie down to? I don't have anything in the bed floor.

Mr Lefty
04-21-2008, 07:22 AM
what kind of truck do you have?

most trucks have tie-down points in the corners half way down from the top of the bed. should work...

if your tire is gonna sit on the tail gate... I'd recommend finding the support and putting your rear tire on it... OR putting a large piece of plywood to spread out the weight. many new tacoma owners had trouble with the inner welds breaking due to the extra weight in one spot on the tail gate. Toyota has addressed the issue... but an extra couple bucks for the plywood can save a lot of hassle.

marko138
04-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Goddamn I want to do a track day right now.

Phenix_Rider
04-21-2008, 09:48 AM
what kind of truck do you have?

most trucks have tie-down points in the corners half way down from the top of the bed. should work...

'94 Chevy Silverado stepside. It has stake pockets, but I can't remember seeing any tie downs where you're talking. And the stepside has fiberglass outer fenders on the bed. I'll have to get creative.

Mr Lefty
04-21-2008, 04:03 PM
I'd be really suprised if there's no tie down... but then again it is a chevy :lol:

fpzx10
04-21-2008, 04:21 PM
You guys can't see from that pic, but my bike is about 2" too long for the tailgate to shut. So I took a ratchet strap and hooked to each side of the tailgate and ran it through the swingarm. It held the tailgate up so that My stuff wouldn't slide out the back.

dReWpY
04-21-2008, 05:02 PM

yeah no shit, all this talk of track, for what am about to pay for gas for a super slab trip could be atleast 5 track days.... makes ya think:hs:

Mudpuppy
04-21-2008, 10:51 PM

amen.. anyone know what up with the $40 putnam trackdays? i need some info on that shit - give me 10 of those and a side of fries - to go..

OneSickPsycho
04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
That's the thing. My truck has a 6' bed, and a tonneau cover and a light bar- which aren't really problems. The 2' x 4' box in the bed is a problem, and the fact that the cover has never been off, so I'm not sure it'll go back on. Just stuff I'll have to work out the day before. What did you tie down to? I don't have anything in the bed floor.

Put that bitch in at an angle and spend $20 at Lowes for some eyebolts, washers, and nuts... If you have a decent drill with decent bits, you could have that bitch knocked out in a half hour.

Rider
04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
amen.. anyone know what up with the $40 putnam trackdays? i need some info on that shit - give me 10 of those and a side of fries - to go..

Well it's not APex2Aped or STT those track days are between $155 and $180

Cutty72
04-22-2008, 09:43 PM

Canyon dancer on the bars to the tie down loops on the bed sides in the front
straps around the swingarm to the tie down loops on the bed sides in the rear
close tailgate and she's all tidy. :dthumb:

Mudpuppy
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Well it's not APex2Aped or STT those track days are between $155 and $180

hmm.. yeah i checked the putnam official site and saw various organizations but didn't really click through all the m/c days because each site is different and more gay than the other - some of these fuckclowns don't have a clue how to set up a site.. it pisses me off to click a link and get taken to a page that has zero fucking relevance.. just come to my house and kick me in the sack.. i did see STT and knew they weren't doing any $40 trackdays.. i am sure a membership with them is double that by now.. i am doing Nesba this year its not 2 laps, red flag, end of session, 2 laps, red flag, end of session, repeat. So you get like 6 fucking laps every trackday. plus they let anyone sign up for any experience level and don't really care. you could be a noob and sign up for expert. i have heard good things about Apex2Apex and Nesba though. Actually the owner of Apex2Apex was at the Team Chicago Trackday on March 29, 2008 at Grattan and was an instructor/control rider for group 2. I talked to him for a bit during and after the track walk and he is very cool. He talked a little about Apex2Apex trackdays as well. I want to check them out this year as well.

BUT I need to find those god damn $40 track days..

ceo012384
04-23-2008, 01:11 AM
June 6th at Roebling Road (http://roeblingroad.com/schedule.html) (Savannah, GA)

June 8th at Carolina Motorsports (http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/cal0608.html) (Kershaw, SC)

June 14th at Jennings GP (http://jenningsgp.com/events.htm) (Jennings, FL)
The first two we'll be at the gap. The last one, let's fucking do it.
For sure, the work day before a track day always seems to go by damn slow. Still MUCH BETTER than to be waiting for parts!!!
...almost back together tho!
Damn you got that thing back together pretty good considering the last shape I saw it in :cheers:
You and pinkus need to man up.

Trip
04-23-2008, 07:47 AM
The first two we'll be at the gap. The last one, let's fucking do it.

What org is that with? STT is doing barber that weekend.

DLIT
04-23-2008, 08:51 AM
The sponsor of the track day this Saturday is going to do a walk through of the track on Friday. He's going to explain proper lines and what not during it. Should be pretty cool.

Trip
04-23-2008, 11:05 AM
BUT I need to find those god damn $40 track days..

Hey, I think I might of found them. A person at the plant that rides was talking about $100 for a whole weekend of riding at a track near Dayton, OH to some other coworkers. I am going to go ask them after lunch where he is going. It actually may be stunter related is why we can't find it, because he is into the whole stunting crowd. I will find out more information.

Mudpuppy
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey, I think I might of found them. A person at the plant that rides was talking about $100 for a whole weekend of riding at a track near Dayton, OH to some other coworkers. I am going to go ask them after lunch where he is going. It actually may be stunter related is why we can't find it, because he is into the whole stunting crowd. I will find out more information.

you are my new hero..

Trip
04-23-2008, 08:12 PM
you are my new hero..

He was in meetings all afternoon. I sent him an email. Hopefully I will get a response tomorrow.

ceo012384
04-24-2008, 05:44 PM
What org is that with? STT is doing barber that weekend.
From the calendar it just looks like Jennings is the organization that runs it. Can't tell for sure though.

After doing something slow, tight, and technical 5 or more times (NHIS) I really like the look of Jennings... pretty fast, smooth, etc. I'm really excited to try it out. It would be awesome if you could come down with us too, although maybe you would run in a faster group than me, I don't know.
The sponsor of the track day this Saturday is going to do a walk through of the track on Friday. He's going to explain proper lines and what not during it. Should be pretty cool.
When I did my 2-day track day in September, we did that. Between the two days we had a big dinner in the garages, did a track walk to talk about lines and stuff, and then they had giveaways/raffles along with some seminars on suspension service, body positioning, etc. It was pretty cool.

During the track walk it's amazing to see how much space is out there that you didn't realize, and how drastic some of the banks, elevation changes, etc are, and to pick out the reference points you'd been using all day and maybe pick up some new ones. Definitely a worthwhile exercise.

Mudpuppy
04-24-2008, 10:49 PM
yeah whenever they have a track walk I always do it.. its worthwhile to get a different perspective of the track.. especially if you are with an experienced racer who can explain lines while you walk it..

PhiSig1071
04-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Wow, how did I miss this thread?!?! (BTW, the "day before" is tomorrow for me)

OK, first off, Jennings freaking ROCKS! It was designed by Ed Bargy as a "training track", it has pretty much every kind of corner there is. There's a LONG high-speed sweeper (T1) a retardedly fast kink (T2 120-knee down!) a set of esses (3-4-5) a decreasing radius corner (6) a set of three corners that if you fuck up a line on one you are screwed for the rest (7-8-9, 8 has more wrecks than any other, and 9 is a cheater, it's an increasing radius, but you have to stay inside tight to set-up for 10) a matched set of turns with an increasing radius exit (10-11) another kink (12) and a matched set of corners (13-14) that have about six different fast lines through (I start mid-track into 13 and keep it on the puck and on the gas all the way through 13-14).

You will love it. The only negative is that elevation change is measured in millimeters.

I am actually doing a trackday with NESBA at Barber this saturday. I got an e-mail at 3PM TODAY from NESBA saying that Yamaha will be providing a line-up of '08 R6's and R1's for riders to demo on track at Barber. They said if you wanted to do the test ride you had to call before the office closed that day because on Friday they would be traveling all day. I called and got on, I asked for an R6. And get this, Yamaha R&D guys are going to be there, interviewing riders when they get off the bikes, to find out what we liked and didn't like. The ONLY way this could be better was if it was Suzuki's!

Mudpuppy
04-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Wow, how did I miss this thread?!?! (BTW, the "day before" is tomorrow for me)

OK, first off, Jennings freaking ROCKS! It was designed by Ed Bargy as a "training track", it has pretty much every kind of corner there is. There's a LONG high-speed sweeper (T1) a retardedly fast kink (T2 120-knee down!) a set of esses (3-4-5) a decreasing radius corner (6) a set of three corners that if you fuck up a line on one you are screwed for the rest (7-8-9, 8 has more wrecks than any other, and 9 is a cheater, it's an increasing radius, but you have to stay inside tight to set-up for 10) a matched set of turns with an increasing radius exit (10-11) another kink (12) and a matched set of corners (13-14) that have about six different fast lines through (I start mid-track into 13 and keep it on the puck and on the gas all the way through 13-14).

You will love it. The only negative is that elevation change is measured in millimeters.

I am actually doing a trackday with NESBA at Barber this saturday. I got an e-mail at 3PM TODAY from NESBA saying that Yamaha will be providing a line-up of '08 R6's and R1's for riders to demo on track at Barber. They said if you wanted to do the test ride you had to call before the office closed that day because on Friday they would be traveling all day. I called and got on, I asked for an R6. And get this, Yamaha R&D guys are going to be there, interviewing riders when they get off the bikes, to find out what we liked and didn't like. The ONLY way this could be better was if it was Suzuki's!

No it can't get any better than Yamahas.. fuck that would be like my best wet dream come true.. fucking test ride an 08 yammy on the track? shit.. i wish i could find shit like that.. post up some details / pics, etc. when you get back..

PhiSig1071
04-24-2008, 11:20 PM
No it can't get any better than Yamahas.. fuck that would be like my best wet dream come true.. fucking test ride an 08 yammy on the track? shit.. i wish i could find shit like that.. post up some details / pics, etc. when you get back..

Do I feel a blog contest entry coming on?

Mudpuppy
04-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Do I feel a blog contest entry coming on?

I don't get it please elaborate?

PhiSig1071
04-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I meant My demo plus the trackday experience in general would make a good blog entry for me.

Oh and FYI, they're doing this at other events too.

Virginia International Raceway, Summit Point Raceway, Road Atlanta, Roebling Road and New Jersey MP will all have Yamaha demos.

Mudpuppy
04-24-2008, 11:30 PM
oh yeah that would be an awesome blog - GIT R DONE

awesome i will have to try and hook up with one of those days.. Probably VIR or Summit is the most feasible for me.. life couldn't get any better for me then that.. trackday and a yamaha demo.. shit..

PhiSig1071
04-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah, I get to pretend to be a factory racer, even if only for a few minutes!

Mudpuppy
04-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Oh yeah, I get to pretend to be a factory racer, even if only for a few minutes!

i pretend that everyday.. in my dreams.. lol..

DLIT
04-25-2008, 02:03 PM
24 hours from now, I'll be knee-deep on the track.

Mudpuppy
04-25-2008, 04:30 PM
24 hours from now, I'll be knee-deep on the track.

That reminds me of good track music - Lollipop Lust Kill - Knee deep in the dead - its a good old fashioned Toledo band - good family fucking fun for all..

grab a gun grab a knife
even hands will do
punch em like a motherfucker
even rape a few
come on everybody
let's go to the show
murder is fun
because my daddy told me so

very inspiring track music..

DLIT
04-25-2008, 05:22 PM
That reminds me of good track music - Lollipop Lust Kill - Knee deep in the dead - its a good old fashioned Toledo band - good family fucking fun for all..

grab a gun grab a knife
even hands will do
punch em like a motherfucker
even rape a few
come on everybody
let's go to the show
murder is fun
because my daddy told me so

very inspiring track music..

That shit got my toe tapping.

zortness
04-25-2008, 05:53 PM
You going to the track-walk tonight D?
I'm gunna try and duck outa work early so I can finish up my brakes and head over there.

Mudpuppy
04-26-2008, 10:18 AM
That shit got my toe tapping.

listen to their album - it kicks fucking ass..

PhiSig1071
04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Well, the Yamaha demo was a bust. It was a lead-follow at a slow pace. But, I had a blast on the motard!

OneSickPsycho
04-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Why is this the first time I am hearing of this Lollipop Lust Kill... It's good shit...

Mudpuppy
04-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Why is this the first time I am hearing of this Lollipop Lust Kill... It's good shit...

i ran into them awhile ago when i was randomly surfing for metal music - they were like a featured artist on napster or some shit.. so i downloaded a sample and i was hooked.. i ordered their CD off Amazon.com - my so called knife.. good shit mehnert.. good inspirational music..