PDA

View Full Version : Machida vs. Shogun

OneSickPsycho
10-23-2009, 10:25 AM
My money's on Machida.

buzzcutt2
10-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I would put my money on Machida - I agree, should be a good fight.

z06boy
10-23-2009, 11:25 AM
My money's on Machida.

Mine too !!

defector
10-23-2009, 12:52 PM
If the real Shogun shows up, it has fight of the year written all over it.
I like both fighters, but I will go against the masses and take Shogun.

OneSickPsycho
10-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Classic fight. Controversial decision, but one of the most technical stand-up battles I've ever seen in MMA. On points I had Shogun winning, but I think Machida landed the harder blows throughout the fight (contrary to Rogan's commentary). Especially in the earlier rounds, when Machida connected, Shogun went down. I'm a huge fan of both guys so a win for either would have been fine by me.

White is already talking about an immediate rematch. This could become another BJ/GSP or Silva/Cro Cop type thing... very close first fights with a total spanking on the second go.

Yeah, early on I had Machida winning, but the last three rounds he had no legs because of all those leg kicks... Honestly, the bar I was at erupted in favor of the decision, but there were a lot of people walking away calling BS. I don't know exactly how the judges score these fights and I don't have their POV, but from what I saw, it was clear that Shogun won.

Just as many people were bitching about how the fight went down too. Personally, I thought it was the best fight I've seen recently. Yeah, it wasn't especially exiciting and climactic, but it was technically impressive.