PDA

View Full Version : Visor fogging up

Rider
04-21-2008, 11:13 AM
So it was 50 when I left for work this morning and my visor kept fogging up pretty bad. I have a breath guard on my helmet, but it still fogs up. It seems to be getting worse because it didn't used to do it this bad.

Is there some product I can put inside my shield to eliminate the fogging? I don't want to hear any "I heard that.." or "My friend's cousin uses..." I want to hear first hand experiences what works.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-21-2008, 11:16 AM
yes they make inserts. They also make spray. They also make anti fog face shields.

but honestly, whats wrong with just crackin the visor?

Rider
04-21-2008, 11:21 AM
yes they make inserts. They also make spray. They also make anti fog face shields.

but honestly, whats wrong with just cracking the visor?

Doesn't work really. Not cracking the visor, I need to fully open it ant red lights.

neebelung
04-21-2008, 11:24 AM
There's anti fog stuff they have at Cycle gear that works, I think they also have it in individual wipes, so you can carry them with you.

I've used it, but it's something you have to reapply, so I end up just crackin the visor (and dealing with my eyes watering :lol: )...

Anti fog visors FTW!! (now if only my Arai had one)

OneSickPsycho
04-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I know you don't want to hear it, but GM and others at TWF used to swear by Cat Crap... I've read multiple articles praising it too.

Phenix_Rider
04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
I have Zooke's wax I picked up at the Cycle World show. The spray works okay for cleaning, but doesn't help with fogging. The wax is great for fogging! Blue stuff, you apply it exactly the same you would on a car. Spread, dry, buff.

Mr Lefty
04-21-2008, 04:35 PM
So it was 50 when I left for work this morning and my visor kept fogging up pretty bad. I have a breath guard on my helmet, but it still fogs up. It seems to be getting worse because it didn't used to do it this bad.

Is there some product I can put inside my shield to eliminate the fogging? I don't want to hear any "I heard that.." or "My friend's cousin uses..." I want to hear first hand experiences what works.

I have the fog city insert in my helmet... works fucking bad ass! the only problems i see is since it sticks to the inside of the visor... when you open your visor it catches the helmet a bit and can make opening it a pain till you get used to it.

but the fog free works AWESOME... and it tints automatically with the increase/decrease of light available... it's pretty quick too

this is the only pic I have of it
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/Ebbs15/My%20Bikes/IMG_0249.jpg

OTB
04-21-2008, 06:14 PM
I have the fog city insert in my helmet... works fucking bad ass! the only problems i see is since it sticks to the inside of the visor... when you open your visor it catches the helmet a bit and can make opening it a pain till you get used to it.

but the fog free works AWESOME... and it tints automatically with the increase/decrease of light available... it's pretty quick too

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1520

These are WONDERFUL. I keep some spares up at the cabin in the mountains, as fogg rolls in quite rugularly, and/or temps and humudity change frequently...most of the sprays only work for a few minutes, and not at all in cold heavy rains. These work in a blizzard.....ask me how I know.

Mr Lefty
04-21-2008, 06:26 PM
yeah I've used mine walked out of my garage that was sitting at about 75* to my bike outside in the a.m. and rode to work in 37*... no foging... ever... even TRYING to fog it up... nothing.

Amber Lamps
04-22-2008, 12:42 AM
yeah I've used mine walked out of my garage that was sitting at about 75* to my bike outside in the a.m. and rode to work in 37*... no foging... ever... even TRYING to fog it up... nothing.

FOG CITY FTW! Btw they sell them at both Village Honda and Shawmutt Hills. SH probably has them in stock.

Mr Lefty
04-22-2008, 02:09 AM
SWEET! we agree on something! :rofl:

Rider
04-22-2008, 08:25 AM
FOG CITY FTW! Btw they sell them at both Village Honda and Shawmutt Hills. SH probably has them in stock.

Werd, I'll stop by Village today. Thanks!