PDA

View Full Version : Beware RideGear.com...

OneSickPsycho
04-22-2008, 12:38 PM
On a local forum there is a chick having some trouble getting a hold of them after placing an order... Others have chimed in saying they've heard similar things on other boards and from friends.

Caveat Emptor...

Rider
04-22-2008, 12:41 PM
There deals aren't that good anyway.. Fuck em, Hope they went under.

Trip
04-22-2008, 12:44 PM
yeah, ridegear is consistently fucking orders up.

t-homo
04-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I personally have only had 1 good experience with them and no bad. But that was about a year ago too. I have heard a ton of stories about them fucking up/sending orders like a month late.

the chi
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
werent they the ones who almost went under due to some unfortunate bike accident or something? I thought Nee posted some thread about them somewhere...

OneSickPsycho
04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
werent they the ones who almost went under due to some unfortunate bike accident or something? I thought Nee posted some thread about them somewhere...

No that was some sticker/graphics place...

Rider
04-22-2008, 12:59 PM

That wasn't Ride Gear. It was TrickTape I believe.

Dave
04-22-2008, 01:26 PM
heh they actually send stuff? they fucked me over bigtime on a jacket and lid. just glad i used paypal, used to be a thread on twf

marko138
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I have read Ridegear horror stories on just about every forum I'm on. I'd NEVER order from them.

PiZdETS
04-22-2008, 02:01 PM
As previously mentioned, the prices never impressed me.

I've been consistently satisfied with newenough.com prices and shipping, highly recommended.

t-homo
04-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I go to newenough or motorcyclesuperstore first. Then I will froogle the item to see if there is anything a lot better.

Mr Lefty
04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
never used ridegear... and from the sounds of it... I'm never going to...

besides... I've found several companies that have done right by me... most recently Motorcyclesuperstore.com... outstanding service

marko138
04-22-2008, 07:29 PM
never used ridegear... and from the sounds of it... I'm never going to...

besides... I've found several companies that have done right by me... most recently Motorcyclesuperstore.com... outstanding service
Exactly. I've dealt with enough companies who have excellent service...why shop any place else?

Mr Lefty
04-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I only shop at new places if the place I know doesn't offer exactly what I want, and it's something I can't/wont compromise on. And Motorcyclesuperstore.com is an Oregon Company... So they get my money by default when all things are equal... Help out the local home town economy

Phenix_Rider
04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Motorcycle-Superstore is great, and they send $5 off coupons with everything. I've ordered a lot from them- only problem is they're in Oregon, so shipping is slow to PA. I ordered from Newenough once and they were good. Also ordered from motoworldonline.com and cyclemartusa.com. Cycle Mart is done I guess, 'cause their site doesn't work anymore. Ride Gear customer service sucks!!! I found a great deal on a jacket, ordered it, and eventually got it, but the 3 1/2 weeks in between were a headache.

An FYI for anyone needing a lid- Moto World Online has low ($415 for most graphics) prices on the RF-1000, and their selection is growing.

Cutty72
04-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I've done good by Kneedraggers, newenough, Compacc, 58 cycle and moto-madness.
That's who I've used and no major issues thus far.

dReWpY
04-22-2008, 09:13 PM
speaking of motomaddness he should come over

comonboys
04-22-2008, 09:17 PM

well, use your charms............

Cutty72
04-22-2008, 09:17 PM

I PM'd him. He was one of the vendors that sbg thought we were trying to "steal"
that's where I got my Pazzo's

dReWpY
04-22-2008, 09:18 PM
ironpony for the win, never ordered from the online sstore it is nice being 20 mioles from the main store

Phenix_Rider
04-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Sportbike Track Gear anyone?

I'm really liking their 15% off A* jackets. Is there a better place to get them? I'm looking at the Stunt 2 and Barcelona.

Mr Lefty
04-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Stunt 2 jacket FTW! that's what I sport...

edit here's a pic
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/Ebbs15/My%20Bikes/IMG_0249.jpg

Phenix_Rider
04-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Stunt 2 jacket FTW! that's what I sport...

edit here's a pic

Nice pic. No "traffic cone orange" for me though. Where'd you get yours?

Mr Lefty
04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Alaska Leather... they were a bad ass local shop there in anchorage... they'd order anything for ya... if it didn't fit... no pressure to buy... they'd just order ya one that did. shit I ordered 4 jackets, 3 pair of boots, and 2 pair of pants... and only bought the Stunt 2 jacket, and my SMX boots. they were way cool. they'll even do the same thing for me now via mail... though I gotta pay return shipping and actually pay and get refunded if I don't like it or it doesn't fit.

JoJoYZF
04-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Thats what the duc dealer by me offered to do for my gloves, so if I cant find em under the 160 retail I think Ill be buying from them.

Phenix_Rider
04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Alaska Leather... they were a bad ass local shop there in anchorage... they'd order anything for ya... if it didn't fit... no pressure to buy... they'd just order ya one that did. shit I ordered 4 jackets, 3 pair of boots, and 2 pair of pants... and only bought the Stunt 2 jacket, and my SMX boots. they were way cool. they'll even do the same thing for me now via mail... though I gotta pay return shipping and actually pay and get refunded if I don't like it or it doesn't fit.

:lol: not much good for me. Still looking, but I'll probably go STG. Their map shows it should ship here in a day or two.

Mr Lefty
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
actually alaska leather has an online store... and everything is drop shipped... so it's just as quick to order from them... alaskaleather.com they've got awesome customer service too... and will work prices with ya if your ordering a lot

Phenix_Rider
04-23-2008, 09:44 PM
actually alaska leather has an online store... and everything is drop shipped... so it's just as quick to order from them... alaskaleather.com they've got awesome customer service too... and will work prices with ya if your ordering a lot

The Stunt has a 360 zip right?

Mr Lefty
04-23-2008, 10:44 PM
no... it has a zip in the back attached to some elastic... it's only kidney to kidney... but i'm having mine sent over here to get 360 zip...

marko138
04-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Sportbike Track Gear anyone?

I'm really liking their 15% off A* jackets. Is there a better place to get them? I'm looking at the Stunt 2 and Barcelona.
I've ordered from them several times, most recently this week. They are highly recommended by marko138.

Phenix_Rider
04-24-2008, 12:18 PM
no... it has a zip in the back attached to some elastic... it's only kidney to kidney... but i'm having mine sent over here to get 360 zip...

Fuck... Which ones do have the 360? I can't tell from the description, because they all say "zipper to attach to selected A* pants"

I've ordered from them several times, most recently this week. They are highly recommended by marko138.

How fast is their delivery? I need to get a jacket and, apparently get the 360 zip from my pants sewn on before may 5th.

JoJoYZF
04-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Im pretty sure my a* smk jacket has a full zip, but Ive only tried it on, never really paid attention once I found out it was too small.

Mr Lefty
04-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Fuck... Which ones do have the 360? I can't tell from the description, because they all say "zipper to attach to selected A* pants"

I dunno... do the A* pants have 360 zip?

Phenix_Rider
04-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I dunno... do the A* pants have 360 zip?

Yep- my Track Pants do. No 8" zip on them:?:Makes no sense to me. My Firstgear Pilot pants have 8" and 360 zippers, but they're chunky mothers. No way they'll mate to the A* jacket.

Mr Lefty
04-24-2008, 11:02 PM
just take your pants and jacket to a tailor and have them sew a 360 zipper on!

my Teknic pants actually came with a 360 zipper with the side to sew on the jacket

Phenix_Rider
04-25-2008, 06:24 AM
just take your pants and jacket to a tailor and have them sew a 360 zipper on!

my Teknic pants actually came with a 360 zipper with the side to sew on the jacket

yeah...

Mr Lefty
04-26-2008, 01:00 AM
dude... my bad! the stunt 2 does have 360 zip. I just had my parents send me my jacket to have it matched up to my pants... I think it must have been my other pants that only zipped in the middle on the back.

sorry bout the confusion

marko138
04-26-2008, 01:35 PM

How fast is their delivery? I need to get a jacket and, apparently get the 360 zip from my pants sewn on before may 5th.

I ordered my shit on Friday of last week and it was here Tuesday via Fed Ex. So if you didn't count the weekend you'd have it in probly 2 days.

Phenix_Rider
04-26-2008, 09:11 PM
I ordered my shit on Friday of last week and it was here Tuesday via Fed Ex. So if you didn't count the weekend you'd have it in probly 2 days.

I don't know if my order went through... I got an error when I tried to checkout. So far I haven't had any luck getting through to them. I called at lunch friday, and again when I got home. Of course it was 7pm when I called, and they were closed. Been too busy today to call.

dude... my bad! the stunt 2 does have 360 zip. I just had my parents send me my jacket to have it matched up to my pants... I think it must have been my other pants that only zipped in the middle on the back.

sorry bout the confusion

I checked at a local dealer, and they called their supplier- they said most of the A* jackets only had the 8" zip.:?: Guess I'll just find out when I get the jacket. I also got the number for a shop they said does leather alterations.

Mr Lefty
04-26-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't know if my order went through... I got an error when I tried to checkout. So far I haven't had any luck getting through to them. I called at lunch friday, and again when I got home. Of course it was 7pm when I called, and they were closed. Been too busy today to call.

I checked at a local dealer, and they called their supplier- they said most of the A* jackets only had the 8" zip.:?: Guess I'll just find out when I get the jacket. I also got the number for a shop they said does leather alterations.

well here's a pic
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/Ebbs15/TWFix/stuff001.jpg

Phenix_Rider
04-26-2008, 10:09 PM
well here's a pic
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/Ebbs15/TWFix/stuff001.jpg

Yep- looks like the zipper on the jacket they had in store. They had a "Techno" Apirilia/Alpinestars jacket. Too small, and it had mesh panels up front.

Question- what are the snaps at the bottom of the jacket?

Mr Lefty
04-26-2008, 10:11 PM
they're the back of the snaps for the waist adjustment flaps...

Phenix_Rider
04-26-2008, 10:35 PM
they're the back of the snaps for the waist adjustment flaps...

k
:twfix: