PDA

View Full Version : Um, yeah... day at the track....

azoomm
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
*grin*

My sister is in town from Minneapolis with her husband. What better thing to do than take them to my track....

See the family resemblance?
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/H2R/20080421/DSC_0163sm.jpg

My favorite picture of him, this was at his last session of the day. He's been riding for about 20 years, and it was his first time on a track. The smile says it all.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/H2R/20080421/DSC_0349sm.jpg

Me, stalking him. If I could get him to move out of the seat I would be thrilled. Though, not falling down on my bike makes me even more happy LOL.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/H2R/20080421/DSC_0279sm.jpg

Her, going FAST... wheeeeeeeeeee
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/H2R/20080421/DSC_0183sm.jpg

We'll be back out there Friday if the weather holds...

the chi
04-22-2008, 11:53 PM
:lol: That pic of him grinning is priceless!! They are super lucky to have family like you!!

r!der
04-23-2008, 12:29 AM
:lol: That pic of him grinning is priceless!! They are super lucky to have family like you!!

+ 100000

t-homo
04-23-2008, 12:30 AM
That's awesome.

ceo012384
04-23-2008, 01:44 AM
That's the smile I have on my face the entire day every TD. Seriously.

Cool pics :dthumb:

Trip
04-23-2008, 07:53 AM
awesome, good clean family fun right there

Captain Morgan
04-23-2008, 08:07 AM

Will you adopt me? ;)

Mr Lefty
04-23-2008, 09:04 AM
That's AWESOME! I can't imagine how I'd be durring a track day... I'm seriously slightly smiling to myself everytime I throw a leg over my bike... even the thought of it now makes me smile... I've taken trips of 2 hrs where I smiled the whole damn time... my fuck'n cheeks hurt for a week!

where in TX you at? it'd be cool to come down to one of your track days next year or so

fnfalman
04-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Can I be your brother-in-law for a couple of days?:pat:

dReWpY
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
if you ever need a red headed step child to beat and through to the wolves on the track, ill volunteer for the postion.... but awesome pics

Trip
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
That's AWESOME! I can't imagine how I'd be durring a track day... I'm seriously slightly smiling to myself everytime I throw a leg over my bike... even the thought of it now makes me smile... I've taken trips of 2 hrs where I smiled the whole damn time... my fuck'n cheeks hurt for a week!

where in TX you at? it'd be cool to come down to one of your track days next year or so

You will wet yourself because when they say, go as fast as you want, it just makes you want to cry.

azoomm
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM

I'm in Austin, www.elitetrackdays.com

NONE_too_SOFT
04-23-2008, 08:27 PM
zoomy do you have any youngers sisters?

Mr Lefty
04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm in Austin, www.elitetrackdays.com

sweet... I'll check it out when I get home!

zoomy do you have any youngers sisters?

I think she said she was already married... (might be the one in the pic)... when I asked before :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-23-2008, 08:50 PM
ohhhh kay then....... does your hubby have any younger sisters?

Mudpuppy
04-23-2008, 09:58 PM
nice.. last track day i did i talked my brother-in-law just coming out to watch.. i was like bro you should get a track bike and come out with us.. i, of course, encourage everyone to ride the track.. and he was definitely interested.. i was like shit you can get a track bike for like $3,000.. no insurance, no plates, no cycle endorsement.. he was like fuck i am getting a horse trailer and of course i was saying how easy wheel chocks are to install and remove for horse trailering.. man was my sister pissed at me when he called and told her he was buying a track bike.. lol.. i need to go over there this weekend on my bike with the video he took and stir it back up..

he used to ride from new jersey to nashville every weekend on a kawasaki 750 back in the day.. he would be in heaven at the track.. for sure..

jalaan1
04-23-2008, 10:48 PM
very nice!

the chi
04-24-2008, 10:03 AM
i just giggle everytime I see that pic of your bro in law, that truly is the happiest smile ever!

azoomm
04-24-2008, 10:11 AM
ohhhh kay then....... does your hubby have any younger sisters?

:lmao: He's an only child. Right, that is my little sister in the picture.

The fun part is, they just bought new bikes... He got a 2008 1000RR, and she got an SV, downsizing from her FJR.

PhiSig1071
04-24-2008, 04:26 PM
That is pretty awesome, and the smile is priceless. I know I'm grinning like an idiot every time I'm on the track! I wish I could find the pic I have of me riding back in on the crash truck, believe it or not I am smiling about that big from the adrenaline!

OK, Azoom, I want to talk shop with you a little bit. I have run Pirelli's (both Dragon Slicks and Supercorsa Pro's) and Michelin (2ct's and Power Races) at the track, and I want to try a set of the Bridgestone BT-002RS' next time I'm on the track. ($240 a set for the B-Stones vs $370 a set for Power Races!) I might be wrong but the pics look like that's what you're running, what do you think of them? How do they compare to other tires you've run?

azoomm
04-24-2008, 10:03 PM
OK, Azoom, I want to talk shop with you a little bit. I have run Pirelli's (both Dragon Slicks and Supercorsa Pro's) and Michelin (2ct's and Power Races) at the track, and I want to try a set of the Bridgestone BT-002RS' next time I'm on the track. ($240 a set for the B-Stones vs $370 a set for Power Races!) I might be wrong but the pics look like that's what you're running, what do you think of them? How do they compare to other tires you've run?

I get them from my Bridgestone rep, trackside vendor. I have run the others - I haven't cared for Dunlops. Well, no... they are great and get up to temp well. But, when they go they are just GONE. I mean booger and gone gone FAST. The 002Race take that to another level - I've been very happy with them. The Pirelli's don't seem to ever get up to temp as well as the others, and I won't ever run Michelin again after two sets of their tires fell apart on me....

Mudpuppy
04-24-2008, 10:25 PM
what kind of michelins fell apart on you? that's messed up.. i found the dunlops wear out quick.. probably good if you are a factory racer... bad if you are a return your beer cans to get to the track addict..

PhiSig1071
04-24-2008, 10:51 PM
I get them from my Bridgestone rep, trackside vendor. I have run the others - I haven't cared for Dunlops. Well, no... they are great and get up to temp well. But, when they go they are just GONE. I mean booger and gone gone FAST. The 002Race take that to another level - I've been very happy with them. The Pirelli's don't seem to ever get up to temp as well as the others, and I won't ever run Michelin again after two sets of their tires fell apart on me....

Yeah, I have heard that Michelin is having some issues with de-lamination in the two compound power races, I ran a PR4 once, and wasn't real happy with it, it didn't seem to heat up and stick like I'm used to. That sucker had my ass end sliding all over JGP.

Do you run the BT-002 Race or BT-002RS? The RS is supposed to be a more trackday-focused tire, not as susceptible to heat cycles and such. Although I suppose if the 002 Race is good then the RS should be pretty decent too. Any chance you could hook me up with some contact info for your rep? At the very least I'd like to get some info on pressures, temps, etc and at the very best I might buy a set from him.

azoomm
04-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I have heard that Michelin is having some issues with de-lamination in the two compound power races, I ran a PR4 once, and wasn't real happy with it, it didn't seem to heat up and stick like I'm used to. That sucker had my ass end sliding all over JGP.

Do you run the BT-002 Race or BT-002RS? The RS is supposed to be a more trackday-focused tire, not as susceptible to heat cycles and such. Although I suppose if the 002 Race is good then the RS should be pretty decent too. Any chance you could hook me up with some contact info for your rep? At the very least I'd like to get some info on pressures, temps, etc and at the very best I might buy a set from him.

R

You can only get them from a trackside vendor - normal retailers are limited to the RS. I will say, I've run the BT0014's on the street and an occasional trackday and they were actually pretty decent. Handled the heat cycles better than most other street tires ;)

Mudpuppy
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
what michelin tires did you have a problem with?

i run the pilot powers because they have good wear characteristics, heat up fairly well and are a good track/street tire.. they don't like tar snakes though.. almost cost me a low speed low side last Sunday..

PhiSig1071
04-25-2008, 03:57 PM
what michelin tires did you have a problem with?

i run the pilot powers because they have good wear characteristics, heat up fairly well and are a good track/street tire.. they don't like tar snakes though.. almost cost me a low speed low side last Sunday..

Most of the problems were in their dual compound race tires. The PR4 rear specifically. The PR3 is a single compound medium, the pr5 is a hard compound, the 4 was a dual compound. If I remember correctly.

Mudpuppy
04-25-2008, 04:20 PM
well I have zero issues with the Pilot Powers.. I love those tires and won't use anything else..

z06boy
04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Bump for a very cool thread...just saw this one.

Yep the smile/grin says sit all.:dthumb:

Mudpuppy
04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
yes indeed very cool thread indeed.. when is the next track day for grinny boy?

azoomm
04-29-2008, 08:34 PM
yes indeed very cool thread indeed.. when is the next track day for grinny boy?

Whenever they move down here from Minnesota...