PDA

View Full Version : Erik Buell racing

dReWpY
11-20-2009, 07:44 PM
http://www.buell.com/en_us/racing/racing-news/detail.asp?news_id=1507

Milwaukee, Wis. -- (Friday, November 20, 2009) Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG) announced today that following the company’s recent decision to discontinue the Buell motorcycle product line, Erik Buell, Chairman and Chief Technical Officer of Buell Motorcycle Company, will leave the company to establish Erik Buell Racing, an independent motorcycle race shop.

Erik Buell Racing will specialize in the supply of race-use-only Buell motorcycle parts and race preparation services for engines and motorcycles, and the building and sale of Buell® 1125R-based race-use-only motorcycles under license from Harley-Davidson, as well as providing technical support to racers of Buell motorcycles.

“I’m looking forward to helping Buell racers keep their bikes flying,” said Erik Buell. “We’ve got some exciting race development projects in the works and it will mean a lot to me personally to see Buell racers competing for wins and championships in the 2010 season and beyond.”

“I’m pleased that Harley-Davidson is assisting Erik in establishing this business to continue supporting the racing efforts he has had so much passion for over the years,” said Buell President and COO Jon Flickinger. “Harley-Davidson and the Buell Motorcycle Company will always be proud of their affiliation with Erik, and we wish him well in this new endeavor to support Buell racers.”

Erik Buell Racing will be based in East Troy, Wisconsin and will be staffed by Erik Buell and a veteran team of personnel. For more information, after December 1, 2009, contact:

Erik Buell Racing, LLC
2799 Buell Drive, Unit C
East Troy, WI 53120
www.erikbuellracing.com
info@erikbuellracing.com

Trip
11-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Ok, so how is he going to enter production based classes if he is just designing "race only" bikes?

Oh I know, he is going to have corrupt companies like DMG bend the rules in his favor, I forgot about that.

Dave
11-20-2009, 09:20 PM
yep, way to keep the worst part of the legend alive guys

smileyman
11-20-2009, 10:31 PM
I say amen to that. I have my 1125 in the shop right now and they informed me today they were sorry but the adj steering head parts were killed off with Buell Racing. Now i can source the right insert and fix my only real complaint...too steep rake.

Phenix_Rider
11-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Should be interesting for the (incredibly small) Buell aftermarket. Other than that... doesn't sound terribly important. More pace bikes and racers with double the displacement to brag about.

tommymac
11-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Ok, so how is he going to enter production based classes if he is just designing "race only" bikes?

Oh I know, he is going to have corrupt companies like DMG bend the rules in his favor, I forgot about that.

Like last year. I think its good that hes still trying to do something with the name and for the bikes, but I think its painfully obvious DMG has destroyed american road racing.

Tom

marko138
11-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Drewpy...why post this here? Anyone who gives a fuck already read it else where.

Gas Man
11-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I think its great for Erik. I hope he gets to do whatever he wants. He deserves to see his dream continue

Cutty72
11-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Drewpy...why post this here? Anyone who gives a fuck already read it else where.

actually i hadn't seen it. but I haven't been on badweb in awhile.
really wish they would get a better layout.

Tmall
11-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Buelletinboard recently changed their layout..

Cutty72
11-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Buelletinboard recently changed their layout..

better or worse?

haven't been there since I left ND.

marko138
11-21-2009, 08:02 PM
actually i hadn't seen it. but I haven't been on badweb in awhile.
really wish they would get a better layout.
Fuck Badweb man. I hate the layout of that forum so much I never go there. It's just too ancient and out dated to be taken seriously.

Dave
11-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I think its great for Erik. I hope he gets to do whatever he wants. He deserves to see his dream continue

dude, his dream was murdered and sentanced to purgatory. With no product base hes gonna be stuck at club level events at best. Maybe, maybe they could swing it as a chassis co for prototype racing, doesnt moto2 work like that? Gotta hope hd will keep the money train goin.

smileyman
11-21-2009, 11:21 PM
I dont give a shit if Buell races or not, i just want to sharpen my bikes performance. DMG sucks balls, my Buell is really a fast road bike not a racer. If Erik someday gets back into building bikes more power to him...

Tmall
11-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Did I mention I am now a Harley hater and basher?

tached1000rr
11-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Did I mention I am now a Harley hater and basher?

After what they did to Buell I think there's plenty of people who are now Harley haters or even more of a hater than before.....

Tmall
11-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I actually intended to own a Harley some day.

Now, fuck em. I'd ride a Honda ruckus first.

marko138
11-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Tmizzy...I was in the exact same boat. In fact, I was really close to getting rid of my XB and buying a Harley this summer.

Now, same as you, I'm totally and completely againt these queer asshat motherfucking dicklicking fags. I will NEVER buy a Harley.

derf
11-29-2009, 11:04 PM
I actually intended to own a Harley some day.

Now, fuck em. I'd ride a Honda ruckus first.

The ruckus is a pretty fun bike to ride

Dave
11-30-2009, 12:48 AM
The ruckus is a pretty fun bike to ride

sure looks like it