PDA

View Full Version : Are people really this dumb?

Rider
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Motorcyclist injured after crash with Jeep

Posted: April 24, 2008 07:48 PM

Updated: April 24, 2008 11:59 PM

ROBINSON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- A 50-year-old man is in serious condition after his motorcycle collided with a Jeep.

Police told 24 Hour News 8 he was following two vehicles - an SUV and the Jeep - north on 120th Street near Lincoln Street. The Jeep slowed down to turn left into a private drive.

The motorcyclist then tried to pass the SUV but couldn't see that the Jeep was turning left. The bike then slammed into the driver's side of the Jeep.

The motorcyclist was airlifted to a hospital.

According to police, the driver of the Jeep currently has a suspended license.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8224235

What a dumb ass. I hope he is ok, but come on man use your fucking head..

OneSickPsycho
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Yes, people really are that dumb. There's a video floating around of a guy doing just that...

Becca_007
04-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Was the guy in the Jeep using a turn signal? He must have done something to lose his license and shouldn't have been on the road to begin with. The rider, on the other hand, needs to be more aware of what's happening. Never trust anyone out there.

smileyman
04-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Pilot error - lack of situational awareness. When dealing with multiple unknowns remain patient and don't decide on your course of action until you are sure of ALL the vehicles intentions...

the chi
04-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Sadly, I see this almost happen often...young guys gettin a lil impatient on the back country roads, not so much in town, get irritated, decide to fly by, and then the care decides to turn...

Quick281
04-27-2008, 12:24 PM
The Jeep driver may have had the license suspended due to other attribute, this sounds like the rider got impatient and made a pass that he shouldn't have made in the first place.

Patience can be a bitch, but I have never been scolded for being too patient.

WARputer
04-27-2008, 02:32 PM
The Jeep driver may have had the license suspended due to other attribute, this sounds like the rider got impatient and made a pass that he shouldn't have made in the first place.

Patience can be a bitch, but I have never been scolded for being too patient.

Yeah, being patient stinks .....but it can save your ass most of the time. :dthumb:

Mr Lefty
04-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I've passed mutiple cars before... but ONLY on a LONG straight stretch of road with no turn offs. I also make sure i give my self room incase one of the cars pulls out to pass with out looking in his/her mirrors.

it is dangerous though... and i'd never do it on a road I didn't know...

t-homo
04-28-2008, 09:09 PM
That's retarded. Like you said, I hope he is alright. That jeep better have used his fuckin turn signal.

Mr Lefty
04-28-2008, 10:25 PM
you guys are missing the point... even if the jeep WASN'T using the turn signal... passing two vehicles on a road with turn offs is dangerous and stupid.

yes the Jeep should have used his turnsignals (if he didn't) but it's the riders fault completely. IMO

Rider
04-29-2008, 08:07 AM
you guys are missing the point... even if the jeep WASN'T using the turn signal... passing two vehicles on a road with turn offs is dangerous and stupid.

yes the Jeep should have used his turnsignals (if he didn't) but it's the riders fault completely. IMO

I agree Ebbs. You cant pass 2 cars at 1 time.

marko138
04-29-2008, 08:57 AM
The bottom line: Peoplez is dumb.