PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weiss

tommymac
11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Got da boot today.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12596816/report-notre-dame-fires-weis-begins-coaching-search

z06boy
11-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Not surprised at all other than the fact that they still owe him $ 18 million if I'm not mistaken. :whatwhat:

tached1000rr
11-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Wonder who's gonna fill that head coaching spot

z06boy
11-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Wonder who's gonna fill that head coaching spot

Maybe the Cincinnati coach ? I don't recall his name.

tommymac
11-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Maybe the Cincinnati coach ? I don't recall his name.

I heard him and they were throwing urban myers name around, I cant see him leaving florida though. They need a big name coach to make another splash and try to restore their previous luster. otherwise I am enjoying seeing them muddle around as a mediocre team.

Rider
11-30-2009, 04:40 PM
No shock there. This had been talked about for several weeks. I even heard rumors that uber rich alum might be footing the $18M buyout.

Urban Meyer does have ties at ND(assistant under Lou Holtz) but I doubt he'd be crazy enough to leave his present situation at UF but stranger things have happened.

Brian Kelly(Cincinnati) seems to be the name thrown around the most. Not sure a Big East coach can get it done though, look what Rich Rodriguez did to UM.

Curb
11-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I heard him and they were throwing urban myers name around, I cant see him leaving florida though. They need a big name coach to make another splash and try to restore their previous luster. otherwise I am enjoying seeing them muddle around as a mediocre team.NEVER!!!

i hope

Mr Lefty
11-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Urban Meyer would be an idiot to go... same with Stoops (who's right along with him at the top of the list)

Head football coach at ND isn't the same job it was 10 years ago. ND had a contract with NBC(i believe) to show ALL of their games... a HUGE recruiting tool... now, with ESPN's 75 channels, CBS, ABC, NBC, and all the satellite and Cable packages that show 90% of the games played... that's not such a big deal.

It's getting harder to pull kids to ND, it's not as prestigious as it was 20 or 30 shit... 10 years ago.

I think the TCU coach, or the Cincy coach would be a good move for them... but I think ND needs a high profile name IMO... to help that recruiting until they get back on track

Hydrant
11-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Everyone around here is on pins and needles.

The rumor mill is going crazy, but as of now Brian Kelly is still denying that he is interested in going to Notre Dame. He has said in the past that his dream would be to coach for Notre Dame and no one else, as he is Irish Catholic.

Kaneman
11-30-2009, 11:09 PM
I think the TCU coach, ....

Over my dead body.

TommyHotWheel
11-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Rumors of Dungy are being whispered around....

marko138
12-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Fuck you Charlie, Fuck you Notre Dame, and Fuck you Jimmy Clausen, I hope you get jacked in your other eye. Fuck you.

tommymac
12-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Fuck you Charlie, Fuck you Notre Dame, and Fuck you Jimmy Clausen, I hope you get jacked in your other eye. Fuck you.

Tell us how you realy feel :lol:

I heard stoops name being tossed around now too. I think they will want someone a bit more established like a stoops or myer and def need a big name to help recruiting.

marko138
12-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Tell us how you realy feel :lol:

I heard stoops name being tossed around now too. I think they will want someone a bit more established like a stoops or myer and def need a big name to help recruiting.
And not someone insanely obese. Like him and that fucker from KN.

z06boy
12-01-2009, 09:56 AM
And not someone insanely obese. Like him and that fucker from KN.

Rules out Phillip Fulmer the former coach at Tennessee then. :lol:

Several good post here on the subject. Brian Kelly does seem like the possbile front runner imho.

I agree Urban would be crazy to leave UF but of course without Tebow and a few others his team may be down next year but I still can't see him leaving.

I heard Nick Saban said he was not interested at all so that may mean he is actually a candidate. :lol:

Mr Lefty
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I heard Vince Lombardi may just come back to bring ND back to prominence...

z06boy
12-02-2009, 10:44 AM
I heard Vince Lombardi may just come back to bring ND back to prominence...

Yeah good thing Alabama found Nick Saban...they were tying to bring the Bear back. :lol:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Doozer127/BearsDead.jpg

Rider
12-02-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm hearing Butch Davis' name being thrown around now. That might be a smart move actually. He turned around a very bad Miami and took them to #2 in the polls before the BCS championship game in 2000. He also turned UNC's program around in a relatively short time(3 seasons).

z06boy
12-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm hearing Butch Davis' name being thrown around now. That might be a smart move actually. He turned around a very bad Miami and took them to #2 in the polls before the BCS championship game in 2000. He also turned UNC's program around in a relatively short time(3 seasons).

Humm...I hadn't even considered him but that would be a definite possibility.

tached1000rr
12-02-2009, 11:58 AM

I hope Butch stays put, Carolina is a young team and should have even better teams for the next 2-3 years as they develop

z06boy
12-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I hope Butch stays put, Carolina is a young team and should have even better teams for the next 2-3 years as they develop

I hope he does too but could understand if he didn't.

tached1000rr
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
I hope he does too but could understand if he didn't.

Yep, at ND football comes first, at UNC basketball is first which is why Mack Brown left headed for Texas.

z06boy
12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Yep, at ND football comes first, at UNC basketball is first which is why Mack Brown left headed for Texas.

So true. That's why I like SEC football but ACC basketball. :lol: