PDA

View Full Version : First Gear Thermolite Gloves

Trip
11-30-2009, 07:25 PM
I picked up a new pair of winter gloves on saturday for the dual sport ride we had. I got a pair of first gear gloves from Tellico Outfitters because on the early morning ride out for the meet up, I was literally almost crying my fingers were hurting so bad from the cold. It was in the middle 20s and I was wearing a very thick pair of moto gloves and silk liners on the DRZ and they were completely ineffective. As soon as we got to Tellico Outfitters, I walked in and asked for the best pair of gloves they had for winter riding and this is what they pointed me too. While pricey, I was willing to take a chance because Tellico has a good return policy even after wearing them. I was not disappointed. I tried without the silk liners I had on previously to give them a good test and I began to notice other parts of my body were far colder than my hands. These gloves got really warm as the day heated up and then too hot as it reached into the 50s. These are great winter gloves and I highly recommend them for people who are willing to spend the money.

They are very thin and feel much more natural than a lot of bulky winter loves. Only weird thing is they have this weird palm protection. While it feels awkward off the bike, they support your hands on the bars and actually help with vibration. On the DRZ, my hands usually go numb quickly, but these gloves helped that out a lot.

Here's a pic:
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4130/dsc00422f.jpg

Mr Lefty
11-30-2009, 09:24 PM
:rofl: those are the same gloves I ordered last week... they'll be here tomorrow I believe.

I've heard nothing but great things about firstgear.

they're the Tundra's.

Trip
11-30-2009, 09:27 PM
LOL, they work great. With silk liners they would be able to handle more than I want to test them out in. 30s were easily rideable. With my rallye pro suit I was able to ride all day and got wind burn before I was uncomfortable.

Mr Lefty
11-30-2009, 10:05 PM
well I've got the gauntlets too... I'm sure I'll be good for what I'll be seeing....

I've got no worries now... thanks

marko138
12-01-2009, 08:06 AM
I went out this weekend and my hands were beyond freezing. It was about 45* here, not even that cold. But I know I'm not gonna ride in any thing colder so I can't justify spending the scrilla.

CasterTroy
12-01-2009, 09:00 AM
I've heard those are great!

I had to go heated.....it's the only thing that ever gets cold on me (fingers) so I had to get Gerbings gloves.

On the BMW it's overkill with heated grips, but on the motard where there's no wind protection at all it's wonderful.

tached1000rr
12-01-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm in the market for a pair of winter gloves my hands were frozen wearing 2 pairs of normal gloves this a.m. on the way to work in 30 degree temps and it's 31 miles from my driveway to the parking lot at work. What do those gloves cost typically? Might order a pair tonight.

Trip
12-01-2009, 09:56 AM
I've heard those are great!

I had to go heated.....it's the only thing that ever gets cold on me (fingers) so I had to get Gerbings gloves.

On the BMW it's overkill with heated grips, but on the motard where there's no wind protection at all it's wonderful.

I wanted heated, but Tellico Outfitters didn't sell any, so with how cold it was that morning, I went with what was available.

pauldun170
12-01-2009, 12:27 PM
My Olympia 4350's have been ok but I can't remember the last time I had in out in sub 30 weather.

May be time to replace them since I might be riding through the winter.

Mr Lefty
12-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm in the market for a pair of winter gloves my hands were frozen wearing 2 pairs of normal gloves this a.m. on the way to work in 30 degree temps and it's 31 miles from my driveway to the parking lot at work. What do those gloves cost typically? Might order a pair tonight.

where I got them they were 85...

Trip
12-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I got mine for around the same but plus taxed, brick and mortar and all. They aren't the cheapest gloves.

They also recommended some tourmaster gloves, but they were a lot thicker. These just feel great because they are very thin for winter gloves.

marko138
12-01-2009, 09:10 PM
85 bucks is expensive for gloves?

Trip
12-01-2009, 10:12 PM

Nonsportbike gloves are far less costly than racing gloves, so 85 is pricey for gloves for us now. :nee:

Mr Lefty
12-01-2009, 10:12 PM

for normal gloves yes... not for sportbike type gloves... my A* GPpro's were 190

CasterTroy
12-02-2009, 07:23 AM
... my A* GPpro's were 190

Well damn princess.....some of us are mortal

http://www.rupaul.com/news/Goldie_Hawn_Overboard%20copy.jpg

:lmao:

Mr Lefty
12-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Well damn princess.....some of us are mortal

http://www.rupaul.com/news/Goldie_Hawn_Overboard%20copy.jpg

:lmao:

:lmao: what can I say... don't wanna break a nail! :no:

marko138
12-02-2009, 07:50 AM
for normal gloves yes... not for sportbike type gloves... my A* GPpro's were 190
I'm thinking of gloves being more along those lines. I'd love to find a pair of gloves for $85 bucks!

Trip
12-02-2009, 08:06 AM
:lmao: what can I say... don't wanna break a nail! :no:

Look at the price of the GP Techs, I have those and scraped them across the ground pretty good at barber. That hurt in more ways than one.