PDA

View Full Version : rumormongering: Spies Suzuki Schwantz 09

JK
04-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Schwantz talks about his 2009 ambitions that can include Ben Spies, Suzuki, and him managing. he also mentions an Indy GSV-R 800 test for Spies and Laguna and Indy GP races.

story @ motogp.com (http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Schwantz+eyes+2009+Suzuki+MotoGP+role)

Mr Lefty
04-26-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm stoked about seeing him in Indy... hope he can do well. From everything I've read/seen of Ben... (which is limited) he seems like a class act. he didn't air all the dirt with him and Mladin. which would have been the easy thing to do...

anyways... it'll bring more attention to MotoGP and motorcycle racing in general in the US... so FUCK YEAH!

JK
04-26-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm stoked about seeing him in Indy... hope he can do well. From everything I've read/seen of Ben... (which is limited) he seems like a class act. he didn't air all the dirt with him and Mladin. which would have been the easy thing to do...

anyways... it'll bring more attention to MotoGP and motorcycle racing in general in the US... so FUCK YEAH!

ok i didnt even know there was dirt to air

Mr Lefty
04-26-2008, 09:59 PM
yeah him and Mladin didn't get along too well... the broadcasters talked about it a bit... but neither Mladin or Spies said anything... which is cool IMO... they let their riding do the talking

JK
04-26-2008, 11:23 PM
yeah him and Mladin didn't get along too well... the broadcasters talked about it a bit... but neither Mladin or Spies said anything... which is cool IMO... they let their riding do the talking

that daytona move a few years back may have had something to do with it-

Mr Lefty
04-27-2008, 01:48 AM
not sure where it was but Mladin elbowed Spies in mid corner(or something like that)... then a couple races later... Spies made an insane pass on Mladin... they refrenced both of those when they were talking about it

JK
04-27-2008, 02:03 AM
not sure where it was but Mladin elbowed Spies in mid corner(or something like that)... then a couple races later... Spies made an insane pass on Mladin... they refrenced both of those when they were talking about it

it helps that theyre both bonkers fast so like you said, their riding does the talking.

All that does explain why mat pushed away bens hand when he tried to congradulate him after a race.

Mr Lefty
04-27-2008, 02:11 AM
yeah that's was the other thing they were talking about...

they did an interview and you could tell there was no love lost... but they kept civil tongues and complemented each others skill...

JK
04-27-2008, 02:13 AM
where did you hear all this?

Mr Lefty
04-27-2008, 02:21 AM
it was on one of the races I watched... think it might have been the first race this year... :idk:

JK
04-27-2008, 02:28 AM
i think i have that dvr'd... gotta see that

Rider
04-28-2008, 08:11 AM
The pass Spies made on Mladin in race 1 of yesterdays race was bad ass. I don't want to spoil it for you but you wont believe the finish in race 2... Best damn race all year.

the chi
04-28-2008, 12:22 PM
there was also an article in one of the magazines, cant remember if it was TWT or Sport Rider, but it was referencing the both of them, it intereviewed them both and you could tell there was grudging respect on both sides, but mucho animosity...they keep it respectful and polite, I am sure due to them racing the same team, but it was obvious...

Rider
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
there was also an article in one of the magazines, cant remember if it was TWT or Sport Rider, but it was referencing the both of them, it intereviewed them both and you could tell there was grudging respect on both sides, but mucho animosity...they keep it respectful and polite, I am sure due to them racing the same team, but it was obvious...

If you saw the races this weekend, you could tell the Mladin was not happy with Spies, but he didnt say anything bad about him at all.

the chi
04-28-2008, 12:55 PM
If you saw the races this weekend, you could tell the Mladin was not happy with Spies, but he didnt say anything bad about him at all.

MAN DRAMA!!! :lol: Yeah, you can tell alot from things other than just words too, I didnt get to watch the races, but from past things Ive seen, it doesnt surprise me in the least...

JK
04-29-2008, 06:22 PM

saw the races... suprised that they both finished the first one :lol:

yeah Ben even apologised for running him off saying it was his fault. Matt called it a good hard pass and a whipping. they hide all discontent well with their words but their faces and racing say it all.

although its been just a Mladin/Spies series for years now, its some of the best racing ive seen in the AMA for a long time.