PDA

View Full Version : "Klucky Pucks"

PhiSig1071
04-27-2008, 09:25 PM
I got a new suit a couple weeks ago, and it didn't come with kneepucks. I have always wanted to try a set of the Woodcraft knee pucks, which are called "Klucky Pucks", but I never did because they are kind of expensive, about $40 a set. I have used IXS, Teknic, AGVSport, and Komodo pucks before. Well, I decided to do a trackday at Barber this past weekend (pics in another thread) and I also decided that I could either spend $25-$30 on a set of pucks I didn't like or $40 on a set of pucks that are supposed to be the best.

All I have to say about spending the $40, they're worth every penny!

The velcro is amazingly strong, they attached easily and quickly, and I had to adjust them once (for proper placement) and they were actually quite a pain in the ass to get off! The build quality is outstanding, the pucks are uniform, curved slightly on the back for better fit, attached very strongly, and the leather that the velcro is on is very good quality.

Now, the best part, the feel. They are amazing when they're on the ground. I don't know how this is possible, but somehow they combine the two best things about a puck. They're hard, and wear well, and they give excellent feel. As soon as I touched a knee down they gave great feel without tugging or wearing excessively like softer pucks (AGV/Komodo) and they are firm and slide very smooth like hard pucks (IXS).

I will never touch a knee on anything other than Klucky Pucks!

marko138
04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Pics of said puck?

Trip
04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I have em and they are great.

Woodcraft bought out the company that made these

http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sport/shop.php/knee-pucks/klucky-pucks-knee-sliders/p_878.html

Mudpuppy
04-27-2008, 10:28 PM
i will have to check those out..

PhiSig1071
04-27-2008, 10:33 PM
The look pretty inconspicuous, this is a pic from a distributor, they come in a handful of different colors, black, yellow, red, and blue:

http://www.motonekoparts.com/files/thumbs/t_18122.gif

And if you look at this pic I'm wearing them:

http://www.twowheelfix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=402&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1209329134

dReWpY
04-27-2008, 10:37 PM
since we are talking pucks, how do the whiz pucks feel?

Trip
04-27-2008, 10:40 PM

If you are talking about the sparkies, they aren't good. They are for being a hooligan and that's about it. They are real soft and the metal catches on the pavement very easily. It's a very rough ride for your knees as opposed to the klucky pucks.

dReWpY
04-27-2008, 10:46 PM
i have only used my agv pucks, loved the feel were really smooth, but they wore down really fast and i really only drag knee at teh gap, but since im moving, im sure that will change shortly

PhiSig1071
04-27-2008, 11:27 PM

I have never tried them, sparky or regular. I might try them at some point for one reason, and one reason only, I want this knee puck:

http://www.thevisorshop.com/acatalog/Wiz%20flag%20iom200.jpg

But I have heard that Klucky's are better.

dReWpY
04-27-2008, 11:32 PM
i like the noviltey of sparkin, call me a squid

r!der
04-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Just started using leather pucks and I really like em. A bit expensive but they seem to last a long time.

Mr Lefty
04-28-2008, 12:59 AM
phi that's the Isle of Mann TT symbol isn't it?

PhiSig1071
04-28-2008, 11:04 AM
phi that's the Isle of Mann TT symbol isn't it?

Give the man a prize!

Yep, that's actually the flag of the Isle of Mann, not officially affiliated with the race, but it's a widely recognized symbol.

Rider, I have heard good things about leather pucks, I'll have to try them sometime.

Trip
04-28-2008, 11:19 AM
But I have heard that Klucky's are better.

They are, wiz are really soft and wear quick.

ceo012384
05-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Kluckys are rumored to be awesome.

I have teknic speedstar ceramics that I'm itching to get down on and see how they compare to the chicane shitpieces that came with my pants.

People seem to either love or hate the leather pucks.

PhiSig1071
05-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I've heard that leather takes a while to get used to because it can feel like it's grabbing. Whereas other pucks slide very smooth.

p00kienrayray
05-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Kluckys are rumored to be awesome.

I have teknic speedstar ceramics that I'm itching to get down on and see how they compare to the chicane shitpieces that came with my pants.

People seem to either love or hate the leather pucks.

lemme know how they perform...i was looking for some teknic speedstar pucks, but i seem to have a hard time finding any shop withem in stock...

ceo012384
05-13-2008, 11:00 PM
lemme know how they perform...i was looking for some teknic speedstar pucks, but i seem to have a hard time finding any shop withem in stock...
I recently saw them somewhere on sale for 35 bucks... I can't recall where it was though. Try googling it under shopping and see if it pops up.