PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe the vast majority of Pro Athletes...

Kaneman
12-15-2009, 11:52 AM
...are on some type of banned substance? I was just listening to Colin Cowherd talk about it, and he feels like I always have, that most pro athletes juice.

tached1000rr
12-15-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't think so personally and while I can't prove it, none of my buddies who played professionally did, we all go way back enough that if they were I think I would have known.

Tmall
12-15-2009, 11:55 AM
The top level, yes.. In most cases.

The average pro? No...

tommymac
12-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Probably not as much now, but guys ar ealways looking to get around the rules somehow and its a cat and mouse game.
Tom

Rider
12-15-2009, 11:56 AM
As long as there is competition in the world, there will ALWAYS be people that will do whatever it takes to gain a competitive advantage. Especially when there is money involved.

Tmall
12-15-2009, 11:58 AM
I've always wanted to start a sports league that clearly states there will be drug testing..

Mma would be crazy if they adopted those rules..

Kaneman
12-15-2009, 11:58 AM
As long as there is competition in the world, there will ALWAYS be people that will do whatever it takes to gain a competitive advantage. Especially when there is money involved.

Right on, but what percentage of those people do you think actually juice?

Rider
12-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Right on, but what percentage of those people do you think actually juice?

No idea but I would say that probably the majority(>50.1%) of pro sports athletes have juiced at some point in there career.

marko138
12-15-2009, 01:34 PM
If you're not cheating you're not trying.

t-homo
12-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I'd say most have at some point.

It's the same with any other drug. Marijuana is illegal so things like K2 that are almost exactly the same come out and are made illegal in a few years. Same will keep happening.

CrazyKell
12-15-2009, 03:28 PM
The top level, yes.. In most cases.

The average pro? No...

Exactly!

It's like saying "do all professional athletes cheat?".....ya probably! :lol:

karl_1052
12-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes.

I would bet it is closer to 100%(plus or minus 0.000000001%)

derf
12-15-2009, 05:14 PM
YUp, 90% are on some type of performance enhancing medicine. The sports docs all use thier own stuff until it gets found out then they go on to the next one.

marko138
12-15-2009, 05:18 PM
The other question is does anyone really care? People wanna talk about "the integrity of the game" and other horse shit. But does it matter?

I say no. It's entertainment. Pro sports doesn't mean anything. Purity? Who gives a fuck? Not me. Peeps wanna see 900 ft homers, 400 yard TD passes, 1,000,000,000 yard field goals, 1.2 second 40 yard dashes, etc. You dont get that from being "pure".

When a game ends 1-0 or 3-0 what do people say? They are pissed cuz there was no offense. They weren't "ENTERTAINED". And thats the bottom line.

tommymac
12-15-2009, 05:21 PM
When a game ends 1-0 or 3-0 what do people say? They are pissed cuz there was no offense. They weren't "ENTERTAINED". And thats the bottom line.

Unless youre one of those purists who would like to see a good pitching duel, or a good defensive battle.

Tom

marko138
12-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Unless youre one of those purists who would like to see a good pitching duel, or a good defensive battle.

Tom
A good pitching duel or a good defensive battle breed crime. Thats right. Breeds crime. People get bored watching that shit and get drunk and go on rampages.

Moral of the story: Prevent crime, do steriods.

tommymac
12-15-2009, 05:25 PM
A good pitching duel or a good defensive battle breed crime. Thats right. Breeds crime. People get bored watching that shit and get drunk and go on rampages.

Moral of the story: Prevent crime, do steriods.

Youre mistaking that with soccer games, sit around for almost 2 hrs for a 1-0 game you need to take it to the streets and cause anarchy :lol:

Captain Morgan
12-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't know, but I believe most pro-athletes are cheating on their wives/girlfriends, etc. :lol:

TommyHotWheel
12-21-2009, 10:57 PM
When the ingredients of most over the counter allergy meds and sinus relief pills are banned(an effing joke that you cant take most over the counter or common, everyday prescribed steroid treatments like Prednisone), the answer is most are taking banned substances. Just cuz its banned doesnt mean they are taking it for performance enhancement.

TYEster
12-22-2009, 08:17 AM
The other question is does anyone really care? People wanna talk about "the integrity of the game" and other horse shit. But does it matter?

I say no. It's entertainment. Pro sports doesn't mean anything. Purity? Who gives a fuck? Not me. Peeps wanna see 900 ft homers, 400 yard TD passes, 1,000,000,000 yard field goals, 1.2 second 40 yard dashes, etc. You dont get that from being "pure".

This is what I don't get. I don't see how it is unfair. Ok so some writing in the rule book makes it unfair, boohoo, well I guess no one really wants their own team to win. Because it's not fair when you're clean and everyone else is on something.

I'm sure almost EVERY pro athlete is on something, or did something to gain any advantage they could. Especially in mainstream sports, there's millions of dollars on the line. Sure it's "not about the money" but do you really think things would be as popular as they are without it? Hell no. I've seen people do steroids and spend a TON of time on steroid related forums, I have yet to see anyone become a pro based on their results, progress or journals that diary their usage.

I've always wanted to start a sports league that clearly states there will be drug testing..

Mma would be crazy if they adopted those rules..

UFC supposedly tests already, Sean "Shark" Sherk got busted for higher than average levels or testosterone and was disqualified from a fight.

marko138
12-22-2009, 09:36 AM
This is what I don't get. I don't see how it is unfair. Ok so some writing in the rule book makes it unfair, boohoo, well I guess no one really wants their own team to win. Because it's not fair when you're clean and everyone else is on something.

I'm sure almost EVERY pro athlete is on something, or did something to gain any advantage they could. Especially in mainstream sports, there's millions of dollars on the line. Sure it's "not about the money" but do you really think things would be as popular as they are without it? Hell no. I've seen people do steroids and spend a TON of time on steroid related forums, I have yet to see anyone become a pro based on their results, progress or journals that diary their usage.

UFC supposedly tests already, Sean "Shark" Sherk got busted for higher than average levels or testosterone and was disqualified from a fight.
Of course it's "about the money". Its always about the money. I dont work for free. Do you? Hell no, you work for the money. So do atheletes.

Sean
12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
I need to get me some steroids, I'm sicka workin out so much :lol:

tommymac
12-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Of course it's "about the money". Its always about the money. I dont work for free. Do you? Hell no, you work for the money. So do atheletes.

UFC has been under the radar for a long time but now with its new found popularity its only a matter of time before the subject comes up. I dont know what if any testing or regulations they have over the athletes now but you know people will start asking questions sooner or later.

marko138
12-22-2009, 09:58 AM
UFC has been under the radar for a long time but now with its new found popularity its only a matter of time before the subject comes up. I dont know what if any testing or regulations they have over the athletes now but you know people will start asking questions sooner or later.
All I'm saying is "who cares?" It's entertainment, plain and simple. Juice em up and let the shit fly, son.

Tmall
12-23-2009, 12:46 PM

They would be a lot bigger/faster if they were juicing.

Don't get me wrong, there are some big guys in UFC. But, there are no freaks. I would think if roids would be involved, you would have one or two very very dominant guys winning everything.

Like this guy who is making a name for himself on the lower circuits.. http://leanhybridmuscle.com/access/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/MariuszPudzianowski.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SiD8FLURufE/SttDxWspjmI/AAAAAAAAAzQ/BxuHqZoH3SY/s400/mariusz-pudzianowski-2010.jpg

marko138
12-23-2009, 01:47 PM
They would be a lot bigger/faster if they were juicing.

Don't get me wrong, there are some big guys in UFC. But, there are no freaks. I would think if roids would be involved, you would have one or two very very dominant guys winning everything.

Like this guy who is making a name for himself on the lower circuits.. http://leanhybridmuscle.com/access/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/MariuszPudzianowski.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SiD8FLURufE/SttDxWspjmI/AAAAAAAAAzQ/BxuHqZoH3SY/s400/mariusz-pudzianowski-2010.jpg
Mammoth.

z06boy
12-23-2009, 03:43 PM
All I'm saying is "who cares?" It's entertainment, plain and simple. Juice em up and let the shit fly, son.

:rofl: :rofl: This made me laugh out loud.

I don't think most do but I do believe that many do.

marko138
12-23-2009, 04:56 PM
:rofl: :rofl: This made me laugh out loud.

I don't think most do but I do believe that many do.
Like GDub...Mission Accomplished.

Sean
12-23-2009, 05:58 PM
There's no way that guy isn't on juice. People don't grow like that naturally no matter how hard they work.

TYEster
12-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Lots of MMA guys get busted... You just don't hear about it because they don't want to openly tarnish the image of a growing sport.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3704&zoneid=13

Sherk getting busted

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4359&zoneid=13

BTW Marius(the big dude in the pics above) is only fighting in K1/M1 or whatever it's called now because they DONT test. Likewise they don't test in his strongman contests either. Because as stated - no one wants to see the average persons achievements, they want to be entertained by the best of the best.

defector
12-23-2009, 07:49 PM
List looks like a bunch of stoners. :whosr:

I do know that Tim Sylvia and Josh Barnett have both been busted for performance enhancers (either roids or HGH)

TYEster
12-23-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkkQZMsT3I&feature=player_embedded

:lol:

tached1000rr
12-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Speaking of juicing, anyone see where Floyd Mayweather's camp wants Olympic style blood/drug testing and Pacquio's camp is reluctant?

z06boy
12-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Like GDub...Mission Accomplished.

Just to be clear...nothing negative or derogartory was meant...I was talking about this part...it just struck me as funny as he11 !!

"Juice em up and let the shit fly, son."

Speaking of juicing, anyone see where Floyd Mayweather's camp wants Olympic style blood/drug testing and Pacquio's camp is reluctant?

No I hadn't seen that...humm...

marko138
12-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Just to be clear...nothing negative or derogartory was meant...I was talking about this part...it just struck me as funny as he11 !!

"Juice em up and let the shit fly, son."

No I hadn't seen that...humm...
I know. :dthumb:

z06boy
12-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I know. :dthumb:

:cheers: