PDA

View Full Version : BMW S1000RR > Gixxer 1000

shmike
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Posers and Squids agree, 2010 is the year to go Euro.

I can't wait to see the patch-wearers chilling in front of Starbucks sipping their lattes. :lol:

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae106/andreaandpatrick/BMWS1000RR008-1.jpg

tommymac
01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Wonder if BMW will make wannabe bullet proof vests too :lol:

Rider
01-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Damn shame. That fucker should be kicked in the nuts.

z06boy
01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Geez !! Oh well to each their own. :lol

tached1000rr
01-19-2010, 11:14 AM
polish that bad boy right up!

marko138
01-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Can see pic. I will make assumptions.

tommymac
01-19-2010, 11:18 AM

Two words.

Extended Swingarm

Rider
01-19-2010, 11:18 AM

Extended swing arm on a S1000RR and a billet rear rim.

Dave
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
i thought it was gonna be a stunt cage lol

derf
01-19-2010, 06:09 PM
So where does the TV go?

EpyonXero
01-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Those new Beemers are nice though. . .

shmike
01-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Teach abusing the traction control :lol:...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-rdm_YwLgc&feature=player_embedded

pauldun170
01-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Give me a fucking break.

Why the hell can't some non deutchbags toss a vid up on the interwebz so there isn't duetchbag music blaring, completely drowning out sounds of the actual fucking motorcycle being ridden.

Riceaholic
01-27-2010, 04:04 PM
what a choad...

Porkchop
02-06-2010, 01:54 PM
I thought he was going to lose the rear at 1:44.

What a waste of a bike... :panic:

pdog
02-06-2010, 04:23 PM
At least it wasn't godawful nu-metal.

I wish they'd learn to edit video. The first 1:30 of the video is them pulling up in a truck and unloading the bike. Wow, exciting.

Give me a fucking break.

Why the hell can't some non deutchbags toss a vid up on the interwebz so there isn't duetchbag music blaring, completely drowning out sounds of the actual fucking motorcycle being ridden.

azoomm
02-06-2010, 08:37 PM
You guys aren't allowed to dis on my boy Teach... seriously. He's absolutely fantastic. He's fantastic enough to be sponsored by BMW :wink:

Cutty72
02-07-2010, 04:18 AM
We're not dissing him... his riding is great.
It's whoever put up the vid, and their video editing skills or lack there of.

Cut out the BS and show us the ripping up of the new Bimmer bike!

Amber Lamps
02-07-2010, 01:20 PM
We're not dissing him... his riding is great.
It's whoever put up the vid, and their video editing skills or lack there of.

Cut out the BS and show us the ripping up of the new Bimmer bike!

Yea they did! He was called a "choad", etc... I don't get it. One video is posted with a guy doing stunts and everyone is "Wow", "Fantastic", etc and another is posted and you all are hating... what's the difference?

Oh and I agree with Azxoom, Teach is a great rider and a somewhat "positive" roll model for stunters. BTW the loading and off-loading of the bike is his signature video style. He always does that.:idk:

Here he is at a stunt competition,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCuKd4kd6sg

Amber Lamps
02-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Those new Beemers are nice though. . .

I'm supposed to get a call soon to test drive one, as soon as they get the keys. Hmmm.... I probably need to call them tomorrow, oops Tuesday.

azoomm
02-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Yea they did! He was called a "choad", etc... I don't get it. One video is posted with a guy doing stunts and everyone is "Wow", "Fantastic", etc and another is posted and you all are hating... what's the difference?

Oh and I agree with Azoomm, Teach is a great rider and a somewhat "positive" roll model for stunters. BTW the loading and off-loading of the bike is his signature video style. He always does that.:idk:

I don't know many people, other than him, that RIDE the bike up the ramp into the back of a truck. And, I can assure you, I've been to plenty of trackdays where loading takes place.

I agree that the music can go - but, it's par for their industry. :lol: Baby steps, kids, baby steps.

Stunting hasn't ever been my thing. I can respect the control it takes to get REALLY good at it - but, I just haven't "gotten it" before last year. Working with both Teach and Christian with BMW has been extremely enlightening.

Cutty72
02-07-2010, 02:16 PM
As long as I know the ramp is at a low enough angle so I have no issues, I ride mine up. :idk:

azoomm
02-07-2010, 02:18 PM
As long as I know the ramp is at a low enough angle so I have no issues, I ride mine up. :idk:

The ramp he rides up isn't low - it's a parking lot into a normal truck. You do that? :skep:

Cutty72
02-07-2010, 02:24 PM
The ramp he rides up isn't low - it's a parking lot into a normal truck. You do that? :skep:

8 foot ramp into the back of a 1/2 ton pickup. yes.

6 foot ramp into the back of a 1/2 ton pickup, no.

fnfalman
02-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Riding up the ramp and dyno readouts are all nice and all, but last I checked these bikes are suppose to be "superbikes". Soon enough we'll see how they fare in WSBK again. Maybe BMW can come up with another excuse for finishing near last.

Amber Lamps
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Riding up the ramp and dyno readouts are all nice and all, but last I checked these bikes are suppose to be "superbikes". Soon enough we'll see how they fare in WSBK again. Maybe BMW can come up with another excuse for finishing near last.

I'm sure that the excuses will be similar to why the "Best Bike in the World" CBR1000RR can't do shit in any race series or why the supposedly spectacular MV Agusta F1000 isn't competitive. Apparently, it isn't always the best bike that wins the races/championship... :idk:

ceo012384
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae106/andreaandpatrick/BMWS1000RR008-1.jpg
:wtfru::gofurslf:

*facepalm*

Dave
02-08-2010, 02:43 AM

excuses will be hard, theres four of em this time!

I'm sure that the excuses will be similar to why the "Best Bike in the World" CBR1000RR can't do shit in any race series or why the supposedly spectacular MV Agusta F1000 isn't competitive. Apparently, it isn't always the best bike that wins the races/championship... :idk:

in this country maybe. when rea stayed on his bike he was a force to be reckoned with last year. so was haslam to a lesser extent, and in bsb the hydrex and hm plant guys were always up front albeit behind the airwaves crew. need i mention IOM?

Homeslice
02-08-2010, 02:58 AM
Not sure why BMW is sponsoring a stunter, as that's not the target market for this bike. Plus they'll already sell every one of them for full list price anyway, so they don't need extra publicity.

azoomm
02-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Not sure why BMW is sponsoring a stunter, as that's not the target market for this bike. Plus they'll already sell every one of them for full list price anyway, so they don't need extra publicity.
They sponsor two. :wink:

fasternyou929
02-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm sure that the excuses will be similar to why the "Best Bike in the World" CBR1000RR can't do shit in any race series

You watch anything outside AMA, Suzuki boy? :lol:

Dave
02-08-2010, 10:12 AM

probably trying to avoid some of the problems harley has now where your base is starting to die off and you dont really appeal to the youth..

Amber Lamps
02-08-2010, 09:14 PM
probably trying to avoid some of the problems harley has now where your base is starting to die off and you dont really appeal to the youth..

Too late for that! You have to be at least 30 before you even consider a BMW for the most part...at least until now.

Amber Lamps
02-08-2010, 09:27 PM
excuses will be hard, theres four of em this time!

in this country maybe. when rea stayed on his bike he was a force to be reckoned with last year. so was haslam to a lesser extent, and in bsb the hydrex and hm plant guys were always up front albeit behind the airwaves crew. need i mention IOM?

I'll give you Isle of Man but you will have to concede that the fastest guy was out because of a practice crash and he was riding a what?...besides, you know as well as I do that you could put the top 5 guys on any 1000cc bike and they would still be top 5 guys. As far as BSB and WSB...well, show me the money! Almost 200 points off of the champion isn't exactly "up front" imho. Not to mention Rea's 5th place is of course decent but what I am saying here is that the BIKE has been so heavily hyped.

tommymac
02-09-2010, 07:02 AM

they also need to justify the extended swingarms they will soon be making and a kit for a 300 tire :lol:

marko138
02-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Too late for that! You have to be at least 30 before you even consider a BMW for the most part...at least until now.

Sorta...I would love to have a HP2Sport, but for the price tag. But I'm also knocking on 30's door.

However, this new bike doesn't interest me much. Looks are decent, and the tech seems awesome. But I prefer the Vtwin layout...but if I was gonna buy another 4 I'd look hard at this bike.

Homeslice
02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Sorta...I would love to have a HP2Sport, but for the price

How much?

I always liked how those bikes looked.........Not sure how it would handle crashes though, with that engine layout

marko138
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
How much?

I always liked how those bikes looked.........Not sure how it would handle crashes though, with that engine layout
Something like 25k.

Homeslice
02-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Something like 25k.

WTF?

Why? Just because it's rare?

Dave
02-09-2010, 02:26 PM
WTF?

something like that.

marko138
02-09-2010, 02:35 PM
something like that.
Because it says BMW on it.

azoomm
02-09-2010, 03:12 PM
WTF?

And, the fit and finish on that bike is absolutely incredible. Damn near everything is carbon fibre, rearsets, aftermarket finish.

Brick motor takes a bit of getting used to, though.

Sharp bike...

fasternyou929
02-09-2010, 03:18 PM
You know I hate to give you a hard time :wink:carbon fibre,
but I think you've been spending too much time with the Bimmer guys. :lol:

RACER X
02-10-2010, 02:33 AM

watched a guy try and ride a 900RR up a relatively short ramp into the back if a 18 wheeler trailer......stalled out about mid way............OMG that was funny. ask yulias husband about that next time you see him.........

marko138
02-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Just read the CW article about the 1000RR. Man, this bike must be fucking awesome because every mag is sucking BMW's dick over this bike.

z06boy
02-10-2010, 10:38 AM
A guy on the R1 forum did some testing and a write up on the new Bimmer and he loves it too. It's a biased opinion but still interesting imho.

"Let's start with the handling. It almost feels like a 600, it's very close to a GSXR 750 but more stable. Indicating 178 mph on the back straight it felt like it was on rails. Easy to flick around, holds a line with no problem.

Traction control. Un-effing-believeable. Works like a charm. Past the apex you can hold the throttle wide open and no slip. Smooth delivery the whole way. There are 4, actually 5 settings. "Rain", "Sport", "Race", "Slicks", and all traction control off.

In the "Rain" setting it feels like a 600 with lots of torque. Ultra smooth and softened throttle response. As you go up the settings, it gets more and more aggressive. In the "Slicks" mode (for use with racing slicks) it breathes fire.

I rode my bike down a gravel pathway in the "Rain" setting, first gear, snapped the throttle wide open and IT WOULD NOT SPIN THE REAR TIRE. Another coach tried the same on grass and...no slip.

Power. Depending on the traction control setting you can basically dial the type of bike you want. From mild to wild. Like I said earlier it was indicating 178 mph down the back straight (in 5th gear, still pulling, another gear to go but had to brake for the corner coming up rather quickly). The power delivery is very linear but it still feels like an in-line 4 vs a big twin.

Quick shifter. Way better than an aftermarket. Sounds like an automatic transmission and feels like it too. Hold the throttle open and hit the lever when you want to upshift. Like buttah.

ABS. Mash the front brake lever as hard as you want and the ABS takes care of the rest. It was really helpful slowing down from 178mph going into a second gear turn. The sensitivity of the ABS is coordinated with the different traction control settings.

It has been a long time since I was as excited about bike.

I've ridden the new R1, GSXR 1000, Desmosedici, ZX10, etc and this one is by far my fave."

marko138
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
A guy on the R1 forum did some testing and a write up on the new Bimmer and he loves it too. It's a biased opinion but still interesting imho.

"Let's start with the handling. It almost feels like a 600, it's very close to a GSXR 750 but more stable. Indicating 178 mph on the back straight it felt like it was on rails. Easy to flick around, holds a line with no problem.

Traction control. Un-effing-believeable. Works like a charm. Past the apex you can hold the throttle wide open and no slip. Smooth delivery the whole way. There are 4, actually 5 settings. "Rain", "Sport", "Race", "Slicks", and all traction control off.

In the "Rain" setting it feels like a 600 with lots of torque. Ultra smooth and softened throttle response. As you go up the settings, it gets more and more aggressive. In the "Slicks" mode (for use with racing slicks) it breathes fire.

I rode my bike down a gravel pathway in the "Rain" setting, first gear, snapped the throttle wide open and IT WOULD NOT SPIN THE REAR TIRE. Another coach tried the same on grass and...no slip.

Power. Depending on the traction control setting you can basically dial the type of bike you want. From mild to wild. Like I said earlier it was indicating 178 mph down the back straight (in 5th gear, still pulling, another gear to go but had to brake for the corner coming up rather quickly). The power delivery is very linear but it still feels like an in-line 4 vs a big twin.

Quick shifter. Way better than an aftermarket. Sounds like an automatic transmission and feels like it too. Hold the throttle open and hit the lever when you want to upshift. Like buttah.

ABS. Mash the front brake lever as hard as you want and the ABS takes care of the rest. It was really helpful slowing down from 178mph going into a second gear turn. The sensitivity of the ABS is coordinated with the different traction control settings.

It has been a long time since I was as excited about bike.

I've ridden the new R1, GSXR 1000, Desmosedici, ZX10, etc and this one is by far my fave."
Sounds like every review I've read. It really sounds like an incredible bike. I'd love to take it for a spin.

shmike
02-10-2010, 10:54 AM

Any idea where this test was done?

BMW had some guys out to our local track a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if your buddy was there.

It makes sense based on the timing of the write up and the description of the track (178 mph straight, followed by a 2nd gear turn).

z06boy
02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Sounds like every review I've read. It really sounds like an incredible bike. I'd love to take it for a spin.

Agreed...just has a little more validity for me since this guy regularly post on that forum and isn't just a magazine writer to me.

As far as riding it...so would I and I'm not really a big BMW fan...I'm not anti-BMW either...but have never owned any BMW's.

When I bought my Z06 in 2002 I had it narrowed down to it and the redesigned M3...I liked it alot too but I just know more about Vettes and know more Vette people that could help me out if I wanted to modify the car...which I did...or if I had problems. Luckily I haven't really had any problems with the Vette other than an idle situation when running the A/C after switching cams and that was fixed with a tuning program and a laptop.

z06boy
02-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Any idea where this test was done?

BMW had some guys out to our local track a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if your buddy was there.

It makes sense based on the timing of the write up and the description of the track (178 mph straight, followed by a 2nd gear turn).

Palm Beach ?

Speedracer42
02-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Rumor has it at our local race club a former #1 plate holder is coming back and racing the BMW. And he still is VERY VERY fast. I can't wait to see if this plays out to be true.

shmike
02-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Palm Beach ?

That's it.

I wish I had known about it.

I know one guy that was there. He is racing the bike this year but unfortunately doesn't have the speed to use the bike to its potential.

z06boy
02-10-2010, 11:22 AM
That's it.

I wish I had known about it.

I know one guy that was there. He is racing the bike this year but unfortunately doesn't have the speed to use the bike to its potential.

I am the first to admit that I was a skeptic when everyone started raving about this bike but it must be pretty special.

They made such of a big deal about the 09 R1 and to me it is a nice bike no doubt but DID NOT live up to the hype but this Bimmer seems to be...time will tell.

marko138
02-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I hope it does well in WSBK, just because I like to see someone other than the big 4 winning.

Homeslice
02-10-2010, 01:55 PM
I would still rather have the R1 because of the way its engine feels/sounds...........Although I hear it has heat problems

ceo012384
02-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Can't wait to see one in person. Think I've got a guy on the local forum to let me try his at one of our track days.... hehehe