View Full Version : Ipod Touch users?

Flexin
01-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Can you add album covers to a touch without putting Itunes on your computer? I have my brothers Touch (the one that is in the hospital) and it doesn't have any covers on it. I want to add covers to it but don't want to add Itunes to my laptop and his laptop is still out west. I think it would be a nice surprise for him when he is up and around.

Also if I had to put Itunes on this computer to do it is there a way I can do it without it adding my songs or erasing his?

James

Particle Man
01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
not that I'm aware of... if anyone is aware of how I'd be interested as well.

ericr
01-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't know about adding covers without itunes, but if you load itunes you can set what directory to use for music. It will default to personal folders-music for the profile you load it on but you can change it to where ever you have the tunes. Also don't let it "search" for music to add and it shouldn't add yours.

Flexin
01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't know about adding covers without itunes, but if you load itunes you can set what directory to use for music. It will default to personal folders-music for the profile you load it on but you can change it to where ever you have the tunes. Also don't let it "search" for music to add and it shouldn't add yours.

Now what about the music that is on his player? I won't have a lot of it on my computer. I don't want it to erase any of his music. Will it just copy it to Itunes?

James

Amorok
01-20-2010, 07:33 PM
No, it'll want to sync to his library. Try a program like iDump, it'll pull the music off his iPod and put it on your computer. You can put it in iTunes, fix his little red wagon, then do whatever with the files after that. He'll just have to do the same thing later on his laptop but it'll be easy.

ericr
01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Load itunes and make and set a folder for it to use, then sync his ipod and it will put it all in that folder. You can always delete his stuff later.

Flexin
01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Load itunes and make and set a folder for it to use, then sync his ipod and it will put it all in that folder. You can always delete his stuff later.

Will this affect his itunes? He's dealing with enough, I hate to see him have to fix his itunes. And if it will work fine with his itunes will it just transfer his new covers over? He has a lot of the music he has on cd so why didn't it put on the covers? Is this an itunes problem or him having the wrong settings when putting on his music?

James

ericr
01-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Will this affect his itunes? He's dealing with enough, I hate to see him have to fix his itunes. And if it will work fine with his itunes will it just transfer his new covers over? He has a lot of the music he has on cd so why didn't it put on the covers? Is this an itunes problem or him having the wrong settings when putting on his music?

James

I think when he re-syncs with his itunes it will be ok and add teh new stuff to his, but not positive. I've not synced my phone on 2 different pc's myself so I'm just not sure. Not having covers can happen some with music not purchased off itunes. None of my music came from itunes so I've had to search the internet for some, copy the cover art, put it all in a folder and then add it to each album that didn't come up by itself. It can be a pain, I just did it when I was bored till I got them all.

Flexin
01-20-2010, 09:58 PM
I think when he re-syncs with his itunes it will be ok and add teh new stuff to his, but not positive. I've not synced my phone on 2 different pc's myself so I'm just not sure. Not having covers can happen some with music not purchased off itunes. None of my music came from itunes so I've had to search the internet for some, copy the cover art, put it all in a folder and then add it to each album that didn't come up by itself. It can be a pain, I just did it when I was bored till I got them all.

When I loaded my cds to my laptop all (about 70 or so) but one had covers. I loaded them on using windows media player.

James

goof2
01-20-2010, 10:01 PM

James

I don't know about the new version, but with the old version (7.whatever) of Itunes the default setting was to not add covers. Once I changed that I believe it asked if I wanted it to search for covers for the songs I already had (none were bought through itunes, but all were tagged). It didn't find them for every song I had, but it was able to locate most of them.

I can't offer anything about how to do it on your computer without screwing up his or your music.

ericr
01-20-2010, 11:41 PM
I think itunes only has covers of albums they sell. If they don't have the album, they don't have the cover. It's part of Apple's proprietary bs but it's easy enough to find them on the internet. I found most of mine off wikipedia.

Amorok
01-21-2010, 06:14 AM
If you can't find the covers through iTunes all you have to do is look it up onlie and paste the cover into the artwork box in the lower left corner, really easy.

jtemple
01-22-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Flexin
03-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't know about the new version, but with the old version (7.whatever) of Itunes the default setting was to not add covers. Once I changed that I believe it asked if I wanted it to search for covers for the songs I already had (none were bought through itunes, but all were tagged). It didn't find them for every song I had, but it was able to locate most of them.

I can't offer anything about how to do it on your computer without screwing up his or your music.

How do I get it to let me search for the covers if I add them to his computer? I tried to add a cover and it wants to go online to itunes.

James

goof2
03-15-2010, 09:15 PM
How do I get it to let me search for the covers if I add them to his computer? I tried to add a cover and it wants to go online to itunes.

James

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I didn't get the music through the itunes store, but it did download the album covers through the itunes store. The album covers were free though.

Flexin
03-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I didn't get the music through the itunes store, but it did download the album covers through the itunes store. The album covers were free though.

OK. Is that the only way to do it?

James

goof2
03-15-2010, 11:32 PM
OK. Is that the only way to do it?

James

I don't know. There may be other ways and it looks like jtemple posted a program that might do it. I saw itunes did it so I went with that and stopped looking.