PDA

View Full Version : GP shift adjustment hint

ceo012384
05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
This is for an 06 R6 but the principle is the same for any bike with a similar shift setup that has tight frame clearances around the rod/tranny connection.

A little hint that matches my preferences. After you switch over to GP shift, with the stock linkage, you will notice that the shift rod needs a LOT of adjustment to get back to the same position it was in. In addition to that, I like to adjust the pedal further to put it up fairly high. This makes it easy to get my foot underneath it, as well as making it easy to click off a clutchless upshift while hanging off the right side of the bike.

To get the pedal high, I just adjusted the shifter so that when it is pressed all the way down, i.e. it's farthest point during a shift, the knob JUST clears the frame.

Like this:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2007%20Garage%20Construction/22%20Sand%20and%20TD%20prep/0427081316Medium.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2007%20Garage%20Construction/22%20Sand%20and%20TD%20prep/0427081317Medium.jpg

Nicely adjusted:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2007%20Garage%20Construction/22%20Sand%20and%20TD%20prep/0427081315Medium.jpg

Trip
05-02-2008, 05:20 PM
or just crash your bike and be forced to buy new rearsets that do it easy. :lol:

ceo012384
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM
or just crash your bike and be forced to buy new rearsets that do it easy. :lol:

Right, your tactic works too :lol: Yeah, the aftermarket ones usually come with their own shift rod so the length is right in the middle of the adjustment range and they don't interfere with the frame and such.

After riding on the track with stock pegs and not being able to hang off as far as I would have liked due to the pegs not having enough grip, I'd like some woodcraft rearsets.

DLIT
05-02-2008, 09:19 PM
GP shift is the shit.

ceo012384
05-02-2008, 10:12 PM
GP shift is the shit.
No joke. Try adjusting the pedal further up like I said in the first post, you'll like it even better. So easy to get my foot under that bitch. And clicking down on it is easy as pie.

DLIT
05-02-2008, 10:15 PM
No joke. Try adjusting the pedal further up like I said in the first post, you'll like it even better. So easy to get my foot under that bitch. And clicking down on it is easy as pie.

I already went through all then when I did it like two years ago. Even dremeled me a nice little notch for the shift lever so it wouldn't rub the middle fairing.

ceo012384
05-02-2008, 10:27 PM
I already went through all then when I did it like two years ago. Even dremeled me a nice little notch for the shift lever so it wouldn't rub the middle fairing.
I don't think mine rubs anywhere. You mean on your street plastics your lever was rubbing on the fairing?

I just removed a little bit of a foam piece to allow it to move easier :idk:

DLIT
05-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I don't think mine rubs anywhere. You mean on your street plastics your lever was rubbing on the fairing?

I just removed a little bit of a foam piece to allow it to move easier :idk:

I'll take pics once I settle in the new house...

No Worries
05-03-2008, 12:29 AM
How things come around. We used to swap bikes in the early 70's and riders would always ask "what's the shift pattern?" All the old British bikes used "one-up and four-down." Although my friend's black Norton Interstate, one of the most beautiful bikes I ever saw, was (as I remember) one-down and four- up.

ceo012384
05-03-2008, 10:58 AM
How things come around. We used to swap bikes in the early 70's and riders would always ask "what's the shift pattern?" All the old British bikes used "one-up and four-down." Although my friend's black Norton Interstate, one of the most beautiful bikes I ever saw, was (as I remember) one-down and four- up.

Interesting that everyone went to a certain convention. Is there any reasoning behind it? Maybe that it's easy to get in first by just stepping down on it until it stops?

I guess you can now consider my bike "one up five down" :idk:

Mr Lefty
05-04-2008, 01:52 AM
I think it's easier to learn... up to go up and down to go down... ya know?:idk:

DLIT
05-04-2008, 05:41 AM
I have to think hard to ride regular shift bikes now, like my wife's. It takes melike 3 seconds to shift because I have to process which way to move the lever, up or down.

p00kienrayray
05-11-2008, 03:57 AM
question: yes a gp shift will allow for easier upshifts, especially when hanging off to the right, but wouldn't it be a disadvantage for quick abrupt down shifts?
i.e., coming from a high speed straight into a tight turn?

Mr Lefty
05-11-2008, 04:43 AM
yes but with down shifts as a opposed to up shifts... being off the throttle a bit longer to shift doesn't hurt you. cause your brake'n anyhow. where as on acceleration that extra .5 seconds can really hurt your exceleration and be the diffrence of 1000 RPM's...

or that's what I ASSUME... I've not tried GP shift other than a short ride on Cutty's SV650... and there it was a straight shot and I was too busy trying to see with his shitty lights! :lol:

p00kienrayray
05-11-2008, 02:49 PM
I guess that makes sense. But I imagine kicking the shifter up many times quickly during a hard brake must be awkward.

DLIT
05-11-2008, 03:35 PM
question: yes a gp shift will allow for easier upshifts, especially when hanging off to the right, but wouldn't it be a disadvantage for quick abrupt down shifts?
i.e., coming from a high speed straight into a tight turn?

Not at all. Besides trail-braking, you're usually downshifting under braking, so your body is upright on the bike, making it easy to get your foot under to downshift. And on the track, you don't shoot for anything abrupt. Smooth is fast. Get all your shifting done before you initiate the turn. Which translates to, get your heavy braking and shifting done before turning in so your bike's chassis is stable and the suspension can do what it's designed to do.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 03:36 PM
im keeping my bike 1down5up for now, i've gotten pretty good at it, and no need to mess with a good thing until i'm racing for money i suppose.

DLIT
05-11-2008, 03:38 PM
im keeping my bike 1down5up for now, i've gotten pretty good at it, and no need to mess with a good thing until i'm racing for money i suppose.

I switched mine to GP even before my 1st track day. Not sure about your bike's linkage, but if you can swap it to try GP shift without any extra parts or linkages you need to buy, you could swap it back to regular just as easy. I love GP shift so much better.

Trip
05-11-2008, 03:50 PM
If you can change it, kewl, if you can't oh well. It makes it easier to shift during lefts, but thats about it. Some moto gp riders still use regular shift. It's just whatever you feel comfortable with.

DLIT
05-11-2008, 06:42 PM
It's also nice having it when at full tuck on a straight and all you have to do is push the lever down instead of reaching underneath it for the shift.

marko138
05-12-2008, 10:39 AM
GP shift is completely unneccessary on a Vtwin. I only need 1 gear...

pickle.of.doom
05-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Until you are dragging your toe and shift knob while trying to upshift through a corner, there is no need.

DLIT
05-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Can't knock it til you try it.

Mr Lefty
05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Until you are dragging your toe and shift knob while trying to upshift through a corner, there is no need.

True... but if it makes you more comfortable to switch... why not?

I'll try it... when I get a chance... but I know I don't NEED it... I ride just fine the normal way...

NONE_too_SOFT
05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Can't knock it til you try it.

i cant try it , after careful consideration i decided it would take extensive modding and aftermarket rear sets to get the desired effect on my ride.

No Worries
05-13-2008, 12:07 AM
On the roads I ride on, I can stall an upshift. And my bikes redline well below 10K. But I can't stall a downshift. It has to be immediate. All the blind corners require slow in and fast out. A tap on the gearshift puts me in a lower gear and into the meat of the powerband.

Cutty72
05-13-2008, 12:08 AM
GP shift is completely unneccessary on a Vtwin. I only need 1 gear...

I need a couple, but i like to go fast, and I'm seriously lacking curves.
I'm thinking at the track it's gonna be 2-3... maybe 4 on the straights.

marko138
05-13-2008, 08:43 AM
I need a couple, but i like to go fast, and I'm seriously lacking curves.
I'm thinking at the track it's gonna be 2-3... maybe 4 on the straights.
Thats how it was for me at Pocono. You could get around the track in 3rd gear. I hit 4th on the back straight.

azoomm
05-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Couple things...

The Norton is 1up 3down - RIGHT SIDE shift. It's complicated and difficult, and at least it isn't suicide shift.

On both the 748 and 998 the shift lever is REALLY far down below the rearset, but I haven't ever noticed an issue. In fact, my foot is almost straight up and down to slip it under there. But then, the rearsets are in a high position. Maybe that's it...

smileyman
05-13-2008, 03:04 PM
The original reason for GP shift is that the old narrow power band bikes sometimes needed an upshift while leaned over. Impossible to do while leaned over on the left side since you could not get your foot under the nearly dragging, no ground clearance bikes of old...It became all the rage since you could continue your drive out of the corner without altering your line.

These days lean angles have grown so great with tire technology that it is really a no brainer, but since engines rev out so much longer you really can carry one gear thru most corners kinda eliminating the need.

I use GP shift although I can go back and forth relatively easily. The reason I like it is that it seems easier for me to bang away clutchless upshifts while pushing down on the lever. Also allows me to click up and out of a too quickly climbing wheelie...

ceo012384
05-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Incorrect.
On both the 748 and 998 the shift lever is REALLY far down below the rearset, but I haven't ever noticed an issue. In fact, my foot is almost straight up and down to slip it under there. But then, the rearsets are in a high position. Maybe that's it...
That makes sense.... the further back and up your pegs are, the further down the lever is going to be to be comfortable. I imagine I will have to adjust when I get rearsets eventually.

Look, this thread wasn't meant to discuss whether or not GP or regular shift is better, because there is no debate there :D
The point was more for people who are switching to explore the adjustment range because it made a huge difference for me in shifting comfort and quickness.

marko138
05-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Incorrect.

That makes sense.... the further back and up your pegs are, the further down the lever is going to be to be comfortable. I imagine I will have to adjust when I get rearsets eventually.

Look, this thread wasn't meant to discuss whether or not GP or regular shift is better, because there is no debate there :D
The point was more for people who are switching to explore the adjustment range because it made a huge difference for me in shifting comfort and quickness.
This is the internet, jackass. Everything turns into a debate. This is not a debate: suck it.

pickle.of.doom
05-14-2008, 01:35 PM
So what was the need to switch then?

NONE_too_SOFT
05-14-2008, 01:37 PM
This is the internet, jackass. Everything turns into a debate. This is not a debate: suck it.

i disagree, not everything on the internet becomes a debate. you are wrong, sir.

No Worries
05-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Not an argument, but just stating my views on which are more important to me: upshifts or downshifts. I don't know if it's because I'm old, old-school, or have old bikes, but when I am going around a curve and I'm leaning way off the bike, and the engine is at it's torque peak, and the exhaust note is intoxicating, I don't want to upshift. And I won't. Can't really go much faster around the curve anyway.

Maybe it's because I can only do one thing perfect at a time. But sometimes I wait until the curve starts to straighten out, and then I upshift. Most of the time I upshift after a curve just so I can downshift for the next curve. Most of my upshifts are pretty much automatic. But my downshifts require more braincells, more muscle movements, more coordination, and are a lot more fun. And I like to tap the lever down.

DLIT
05-14-2008, 03:37 PM
GP shift is better. Plus when people ask to ride your bike you can say it's GP shift, you'd proly fuck it up. Most people would say "What is GP shift?"

Mr Lefty
05-14-2008, 04:24 PM
GP shift is better. Plus when people ask to ride your bike you can say it's GP shift, you'd proly fuck it up. Most people would say "What is GP shift?"
I say sure... just after I get to test ride your girl...

only one guy said sure... then I saw his girl... :leaving:

ceo012384
05-14-2008, 06:36 PM
So what was the need to switch then?
It's not that there is a need, it's that it's better in every respect. What is the benefit of regular shift in contrast to GP? I don't see any.

But, the benefits of GP in contrast to regular:

1. Upshift while leaned to the left are possible due to increased ground clearance.

2. Upshifts easier and faster, just click down. With regular shift it's harder to get your foot under there while accelerating since the force of acceleration is pulling you backwards.

3. Clutchless upshifts a breeze, and preloading the shifter is easier.

4. Upshifts while hanging off the right side of the bike are possible since you just tap down.

5. Downshifts are not any more difficult since the forces of braking are pushing you onto the tank, it's easier to just slip your foot under there than in the case of a regular shift upshift. I can do it just as quickly as a regular shift downshift.

DLIT
05-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Pickle, have you tried GP shift yet? Dicks...go eat some.

No Worries
05-15-2008, 01:10 AM
I just did Lookout Mountain this afternoon. Over 60 tight curves and 9 switchbacks. And that's just going uphill. Not once did I upshift in a curve.

I like to get on the throttle smoothly coming out of a turn, especially going downhill. Going uphill and fighting gravity, you can start accelerating sooner out of a corner. At full lean, and Lookout Mountain is so steep and tight that most of the turns are at full lean, only a little throttle can be applied before the rear tire runs out of traction. I believe that shifting in a turn changes traction and is a recipe for a slide out.

To me, line selection, throttle control, and body position are much more important for going quickly around curves than mid-corner shifting.

marko138
05-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Better in every way? Thats entirely your opinion...not fact, jack. Dicks...you eat them.

azoomm
05-15-2008, 09:37 AM
I can't imagine *needing* it on the street. Though, I'll probably do it to my Monster just so I don't fuck up a shift at the track.

ceo012384
05-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I just did Lookout Mountain this afternoon. Over 60 tight curves and 9 switchbacks. And that's just going uphill. Not once did I upshift in a curve.
It's about upshifting coming out of the curves... not IN them. You're hanging way off to conserve lean angle coming out of the turn and need to be able to click them off when you run out of revs, from both sides of the bike.
Better in every way? Thats entirely your opinion...not fact, jack.
Yes, it's my opinion. But I still haven't heard anyone who has tried both methods point out something standard shift has over gp shift... except the fact that most bikes come that way.

pickle.of.doom
05-15-2008, 01:48 PM
If you need to upshift at the point where you are leaned over so far that a foot couldn't be put under the gear shifiter, then A) You went into the corner in a wrong gear, or B) you put squids like say, Valentino Rossi, to shame on a daily basis :lol:

DLIT
05-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Better in every way? Thats entirely your opinion...not fact, jack. Dicks...you eat them.

Ignorant dicks...you eat them. You haven't even tried it and you're knocking it.

Dnyce
05-15-2008, 02:19 PM
It's not that there is a need, it's that it's better in every respect. What is the benefit of regular shift in contrast to GP? I don't see any.

But, the benefits of GP in contrast to regular:

1. Upshift while leaned to the left are possible due to increased ground clearance.

2. Upshifts easier and faster, just click down. With regular shift it's harder to get your foot under there while accelerating since the force of acceleration is pulling you backwards.

3. Clutchless upshifts a breeze, and preloading the shifter is easier.

4. Upshifts while hanging off the right side of the bike are possible since you just tap down.

5. Downshifts are not any more difficult since the forces of braking are pushing you onto the tank, it's easier to just slip your foot under there than in the case of a regular shift upshift. I can do it just as quickly as a regular shift downshift.

just for comparison purposes
#2 and #3-no benefit either way in my experience.
#5 doesnt really count-doesnt make it better or worse so not really a benefit right?

cant comment on #1 and #4 because im not as badass as a rider as you guys are in the turns lol, but it makes sense.

so if you dont ride that hard, theres not much benefit after all. especially if its more than just a linkage swap i.e. new rear sets

and thats my opinion

marko138
05-15-2008, 03:31 PM
If you need to upshift at the point where you are leaned over so far that a foot couldn't be put under the gear shifiter, then A) You went into the corner in a wrong gear, or B) you put squids like say, Valentino Rossi, to shame on a daily basis :lol:

EXfuckingACTLY

You haven't even tried it and you're knocking it.

And will continue to do so on a daily basis.

DLIT
05-15-2008, 03:40 PM
And will continue to do so on a daily basis.

You should also punch your face, frequently, on a daily basis.

marko138
05-15-2008, 03:45 PM
You should also punch your face, frequently, on a daily basis.
Detrimental to my health.

DLIT
05-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Detrimental to my health.

I will punchasize your face for free.

Here's the last statement. If you haven't tried it, shut the fuck up. It's way more convinient. I say that because I've tried it. People who haven't tried it have nothing to say about it except for why they haven't tried it.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I've never tried it, and GP shift blows Dlits grandmas hairy nuts.

marko138
05-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Don't give a fuck.

Cutty72
05-15-2008, 05:42 PM
My buell doesn't like GP shift

DLIT
05-15-2008, 06:35 PM
I've never tried it, and GP shift blows Dlits grandmas hairy nuts.

That's what I thought.

Don't give a fuck.

That's what I thought

My buell doesn't like GP shift

Why? Won't let you swap it without a hassle or extra part?

Cutty72
05-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Why? Won't let you swap it without a hassle or extra part?

At this time there is no linkage or rearsets available for it.
and there is no way i'll spend $200+ on rearsets just so I can have GP shift.

Trip
05-15-2008, 07:08 PM
At this time there is no linkage or rearsets available for it.
and there is no way i'll spend $200+ on rearsets just so I can have GP shift.

Yeah I wouldn't either, only reason i bought new rearsets is I ruined mine. :lol:

Captain Morgan
05-15-2008, 07:29 PM
What is the benefit of regular shift in contrast to GP? I don't see any.

...I still haven't heard anyone who has tried both methods point out something standard shift has over gp shift... except the fact that most bikes come that way.

Think about it. All of the benefits of GP shift are mainly on the track, where you're riding at 9, or even 10/10ths. It's faster to push down on the shifter than it is to get your toe under the lever and pull up. That split second can make a big difference when you have to perform an emergency stop on the street.

You don't likely need to perform an e-stop on the track, as there aren't any dumbass cagers to pull out in front of you. However, on the street, there are many dumbasses that can pull out or turn in front of you. Therefore, you want the quick tap down for the downshift to help use engine braking to slow you down. Since you shouldn't really be riding at 9/10ths on the street, regular downshift is better for those, "oh shit, you stupid mother fucker, don't you fucking see me??!!" downshifts. No other benefit that I see for regular shift, though.

OTB
05-15-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm just to damned old...my muscles and nerves have benn lifting for upshifts for over thirty damed years; I once rode a friend's Norton and almost threw myself on the ground.....right-hand assbackwards shift my bu... oops, sorry!

Friend of mine had his Aprilia set up for Gp shift; I sat on it while running and got myself so corn-fused; I was afraid I'd dump it, so I didn't take it out.

Just too old to be changing back and forth.

Too many brain cells have expired from old age................

Gramps

DLIT
05-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Think about it. All of the benefits of GP shift are mainly on the track, where you're riding at 9, or even 10/10ths. It's faster to push down on the shifter than it is to get your toe under the lever and pull up. That split second can make a big difference when you have to perform an emergency stop on the street.

You don't likely need to perform an e-stop on the track, as there aren't any dumbass cagers to pull out in front of you. However, on the street, there are many dumbasses that can pull out or turn in front of you. Therefore, you want the quick tap down for the downshift to help use engine braking to slow you down. Since you shouldn't really be riding at 9/10ths on the street, regular downshift is better for those, "oh shit, you stupid mother fucker, don't you fucking see me??!!" downshifts. No other benefit that I see for regular shift, though.

You don't understand that once you're use to GP shift, it's the same reaction...it comes natural to shift up to downshift. The only time I mis-shift now is when riding normal geared bikes, like my wife's 250. Shifts take forever because I have to think "down to downshift, up to upshift".

Trip
05-15-2008, 08:24 PM

It's really more for a clearance issue in left turns. Sliding your foot under the peg for the pro's cuts down your lean angle. Some pro's actually still use normal shift. It's not really a big deal, it's more about personal preference especially for people at our skill level since none of us are GP caliber riders and even then some gp riders still use normal.

DLIT
05-15-2008, 08:28 PM
My favorite feature is stepping down to shift. It's so fucking easy. And when you're fully tucked, you don't have to reach underneath to upshift. And preloading the shifter for clutchless upshifts is easier, too.

Trip
05-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Another feature is it's a lot harder to down shift, which is actually a good thing because downshifting too much can be a bad thing for newb riders at the track.

marko138
05-15-2008, 08:50 PM
This is such a bullshit conversation. Laughable at best.

ceo012384
05-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Here's the last statement. If you haven't tried it, shut the fuck up. It's way more convinient. I say that because I've tried it. People who haven't tried it have nothing to say about it except for why they haven't tried it.
There we go. Spot on.

I see your point about being able to tap down multiple gears quickly i.e. if you were in 6th and tapped down all the way to first maybe. But my downshift time is on par with what it was before I switched, so now there isn't a difference. Also, in an e-stop if you do it right the engine braking isn't helping you anyways.
I'm just to damned old...my muscles and nerves have benn lifting for upshifts for over thirty damed years
That's a fair reason... I think it helped me that I hadn't even been riding a year when I switched. After one full day of riding, it was second nature.

If I end up with multiple bikes, I'll just put a little piece of tape on the gauge cluster that says GP or Reg to remind me at the track. But all bikes I own will go GP if it's possible from now on. So much better.
You don't understand that once you're use to GP shift, it's the same reaction...it comes natural to shift up to downshift.
Yeah it's really second nature now.
It's really more for a clearance issue in left turns.
It helps a ton when coming out of a right hander hard on the gas and hanging off.... for example, turn 4 at NH going up the hill. It's a great place for highsides so I stay hanging way off to conserve lean angle and tap off an upshift with my foot.
This is such a bullshit conversation. Laughable at best.
What's laughable is your stream of short wiseass comments in a thread you know absolutely nothing about.

dubbs
05-15-2008, 10:41 PM
You don't understand that once you're use to GP shift, it's the same reaction...it comes natural to shift up to downshift. The only time I mis-shift now is when riding normal geared bikes, like my wife's 250. Shifts take forever because I have to think "down to downshift, up to upshift".

It's like anything else, once you get used to doing it, it becomes 2nd nature..

Yeah it's really second nature now.

Swear I didn't see that... :chug:

marko138
05-16-2008, 08:55 AM
What's laughable is your stream of short wiseass comments in a thread you know absolutely nothing about.

What is there to know? You push down for an upshift. Hmm...that was easy to figure out. See, I'm an expert now, just like you.

DLIT
05-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Another feature is it's a lot harder to down shift, which is actually a good thing because downshifting too much can be a bad thing for newb riders at the track.

A lot harder for you, maybe. I'm fine with it.

What is there to know? You push down for an upshift. Hmm...that was easy to figure out. See, I'm an expert now, just like you.

I know what tits feel like, does that mean I can go around telling everybody I'm fucking your mom?

Trip
05-16-2008, 09:51 AM

You are missing the point of what I said, it's easy to downshift with gp shift, but comparing it to press down to down shift it requires more effort/concentration on the part of the rider to press up than to press down and not as easy to double downshift past the gear you need to be in.

marko138
05-16-2008, 10:01 AM

I know what tits feel like, does that mean I can go around telling everybody I'm fucking your mom?
I see the comparison there.

DLIT
05-16-2008, 10:11 AM
You are missing the point of what I said, it's easy to downshift with gp shift, but comparing it to press down to down shift it requires more effort/concentration on the part of the rider to press up than to press down and not as easy to double downshift past the gear you need to be in.

I hear ya. Practice, practice, practice.

I see the comparison there.

Snootchie bootchies.

Trip
05-16-2008, 10:16 AM
I hear ya. Practice, practice, practice.

I am fine with it, that is just something I have heard as an advantage of gp shift. It was a lot more of a benefit before slippers.

Amber Lamps
05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Is it possible that there is a fight that has nothing to do with me? My :2cents: I rode gp style for years on the track and I switched my streetbikes to that set-up for obvious reasons. I honestly don't see a benefit on a street bike just an opinion of course. After my ankle was broken for the 3rd time I went back to regular shift and have been that way ever since. I agree that gp makes for easier upshifts when exiting a corner leaned over,but most riding/racing courses teach you to set up a corner upon entry,including gear selection. Although,I'm sure that some of the longer "sweepers" at some tracks require a shift mid corner,especially on a 600. A liter bike allows you to exit a corner in a higher gear negating the need for most mid corner shifts. Like anything,it's a matter of taste I guess. I just always found it funny when Mat Mlladin wanna bes change their bikes to Gp shift to be cool. Especially since MM runs his bike standard shift.

smileyman
05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
GP works much better when I wear my flip flops!!!:twfix:

Amber Lamps
05-16-2008, 01:44 PM
GP works much better when I wear my flip flops!!!:twfix:

:bfp:

DLIT
05-16-2008, 03:35 PM
I originally changed mine to GP before any track day was in sight, but I've loved it ever since and it makes more sense now that I have 5 track days under my belt.