PDA

View Full Version : World SBK Commentators...

Mrs. Colleen
05-03-2008, 12:51 AM
They make me laugh every race! :rofl:

You have the overly excited guy that screams at everything!

And the mellow Australian guy who is always getting interrupted.

It is great when the Australian (I don't know their names :sorry:)is saying something in his mellow voice and the other guy screams "CHECA!!!" and totally cuts off the other guy. :rofl:

Plus they throw in little comments all the time that make me laugh...so much better than the AMA guys. :yes: :yes: :yes:

"OH-NO! It's stretchersville!" :rofl:

Mr Lefty
05-03-2008, 03:16 AM
that's how the Moto GP guys are...

zortness
05-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Yea, the WSBK commentators are great. The same guys usually do the WSS rounds too... they make some hilarious comments about people on the grid before the race starts (when everyone's walking around).

"Wow, what nice sets of legs"

Mrs. Colleen
05-03-2008, 11:41 AM
that's how the Moto GP guys are...

They are good too...but the other guys stand out more in my mind.

They say such random ass stuff...last night we were watching Race 1 at Assen and the loud guy made a comment about his Biaggi watch telling him Biaggi is in 12th. :lol: It is the randomness that I love. :dthumb:

pickle.of.doom
05-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah they are great.

"Corser! Up the inside!!"

If they posted here, they would be the ones who used !!!!!!!!!!!! on every post :lol:

Mr Lefty
05-03-2008, 09:21 PM
maybe it's really Vabs!:lol:

JK
05-03-2008, 09:34 PM
thats Jack Burnicle and James Whitham. Jack is the excited guy and james is the x-racer. I think theyre a great team even when Jack gets the guys names mixed up or makes a hasty call. Its usually good for alot of laughs along with good racing.

the american commentators have along way to go. Remember the CBS rebroadcasting of Lagunas MotoGP round? that was BAD. The Schwantz would say something from a racers POV but the other guy wouldnt play along and usually just described what we were seeing anyway. they also turned down the track noise so it was alot of dead air.

Id like Jack and James to do an AMA round... that would be funny!

Mrs. Colleen
05-04-2008, 12:14 AM
thats Jack Burnicle and James Whitham. Jack is the excited guy and james is the x-racer. I think theyre a great team even when Jack gets the guys names mixed up or makes a hasty call. Its usually good for alot of laughs along with good racing.

the american commentators have along way to go. Remember the CBS rebroadcasting of Lagunas MotoGP round? that was BAD. The Schwantz would say something from a racers POV but the other guy wouldnt play along and usually just described what we were seeing anyway. they also turned down the track noise so it was alot of dead air.

Id like Jack and James to do an AMA round... that would be funny!

Husband says one of them is Steve Martin (the mellow guy) :idk: Although I have no idea where to even look that up. Maybe a different feed. Who knows!

Whenever real racing is shown on CBS or NBC it has AWFUL commentators. :willy: With MotoGP and Formula 1. :td:

We were watching AMA Superstock or Formula Extreme (cannot remember which right now) with Greg White and Freddie Spencer and it was bad! They were describing what KNEE PUCKS ARE!!! :willy: :willy: :willy: Come on! :willy:This was on SPEED.

pickle.of.doom
05-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Can't be Steve Martin... it has been the same announcers for a while now and Steve Martin was still racing just a few years back....

OneSickPsycho
05-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Can't be Steve Martin... it has been the same announcers for a while now and Steve Martin was still racing just a few years back....

Maybe dude's just that good...

Mrs. Colleen
05-04-2008, 01:22 AM

That is what the excited guy called him in the race we just watched. :idk: We are about to watch Supersport in Assen...I will let you know if they say anything...could just be a different feed? :idk:

EDIT: Excited guy just called him Steve........

Mr Lefty
05-04-2008, 01:32 AM
their names are Jack Burnicle and James Whitham...

here (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09052007/58/season-2007-wsbk-experts-speak.html)

Mrs. Colleen
05-04-2008, 01:34 AM
their names are Jack Burnicle and James Whitham...

here (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09052007/58/season-2007-wsbk-experts-speak.html)

Well then someone needs to tell excited guy to stop calling the Aussie Steve.

EDIT: Different guys...these are not the guys I am talking about...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwtEyjtY6ws

anyexcuse2ride
05-04-2008, 01:44 AM
He's got a tiger in his tank today!!!!!!!!!!

JK
05-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Husband says one of them is Steve Martin (the mellow guy) :idk: Although I have no idea where to even look that up. Maybe a different feed. Who knows!

Whenever real racing is shown on CBS or NBC it has AWFUL commentators. :willy: With MotoGP and Formula 1. :td:

We were watching AMA Superstock or Formula Extreme (cannot remember which right now) with Greg White and Freddie Spencer and it was bad! They were describing what KNEE PUCKS ARE!!! :willy: :willy: :willy: Come on! :willy:This was on SPEED.

yeah youre right, i remember now, Steve martin IS one of em. were talking different feeds, let me look....

JK
05-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Jonathan Green / Scott Smart - WSBK. Steve Martin is a sometimes guest commentator. jonathan is superfan with a mike, Smart is jaded guy.

Charlie Cox / Steve Parrish - Cox is superfan with a mike, Parrish is jaded guy.

Rider
05-05-2008, 08:28 AM
My wife laughs every time I watch WSBK. She makes fun of the commentators.
She thinks the MotoGP commentators are ok though. :idk:

marko138
05-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Damn...I haven't seen/heard a race in about 2 years.

Rider
05-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Damn...I haven't seen/heard a race in about 2 years.

Ride over and watch the race... :leaving: