PDA

View Full Version : clip-ons

Dnyce
05-05-2008, 02:42 AM
who makes some good ones? 36mm, in gold or black, would be nice. seen vortex and pro-tek, any other companies u guys recommend? not trying to spend alot

Trip
05-05-2008, 07:16 AM
woodcraft

ceo012384
05-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Yep. I'm not 100% sure if they make 36mm ones...

But I have woodcraft 50mm clipons and they are the shit.

Entire clipon can be removed without taking off the triples.

And you can take a handlebar off and replace it in 5 seconds, the spares are 12 bucks.

Dnyce
05-06-2008, 01:15 AM
thats what i would prefer-not having to remove the triple. the ones ive seen you gotta drop the forks. the bars are usually replacable though. 36mm is kinda hard, damn those conventional forks. how much did the 50mm run you? theyre all the same price usually.

ceo012384
05-06-2008, 01:28 AM
thats what i would prefer-not having to remove the triple. the ones ive seen you gotta drop the forks. the bars are usually replacable though. 36mm is kinda hard, damn those conventional forks. how much did the 50mm run you? theyre all the same price usually.
Yeah.... they are a 3 piece design. Can take the handlebar out with the clipons on the bike, and can take the clipons off the bike with two bolts without disassembling anything.

Here ya go.... they have all sizes like 29mm all up to 54mm:

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17272

I think I got mine for like 125 or something.

Dnyce
05-06-2008, 01:36 AM
where from? i found em for 138-free shipping, no tax. found some other brands, didnt look asd sweet tho. even one set for 75bucks, but the bars are welded. ill wait for you, check ebay, but i think ima buy em rite now if its the best deal i find

ceo012384
05-06-2008, 01:38 AM
where from? i found em for 138-free shipping, no tax. found some other brands, didnt look asd sweet tho. even one set for 75bucks, but the bars are welded. ill wait for you, check ebay, but i think ima buy em rite now if its the best deal i find

I flirted with the girl with the huge rack at a shop around here :lol:

138 free shipping is a good deal. It's very rare that woodcraft stuff is on any sort of heavy discount. Tons of racers use their stuff, it's a very high quality product, and they stand behind it. They don't need to have sales.

You won't be disappointed with the quality, fit and finish, etc of them. Good luck!

Dnyce
05-06-2008, 01:42 AM
cool-ALL their sizes are the same prices-138-so if anybody wants some...

clip ons (http://www.aztec8.com/catalog/i30.html)

i just bought em

ceo012384
05-06-2008, 01:47 AM
cool-ALL their sizes are the same prices-138-so if anybody wants some...

clip ons (http://www.aztec8.com/catalog/i30.html)

i just bought em

Awesome dude.

The installation is pretty straightforward. The only thing is that for your switches and such (lights, signals, killswitch) you may need to drill little holes in the handlebars to set them in place, there are little nubs that keep them in place and prevent them from rotating. It should tell you in the instructions.

Let me know how you like them.

Dnyce
05-06-2008, 01:55 AM
im going bare bones, just the clutch and airshifter button on the left, throttle and mps kill switch on the right. everything is setscrew, cept the throttle i think. hasnt shown up yet so idk. bike is painted tho, should look sweet when im done. gotta polish some aluminum tho

ceo012384
05-06-2008, 02:01 AM
im going bare bones, just the clutch and airshifter button on the left, throttle and mps kill switch on the right. everything is setscrew, cept the throttle i think. hasnt shown up yet so idk. bike is painted tho, should look sweet when im done. gotta polish some aluminum tho
You got fresh paint?!?!? Let's see it!

I always loved the looks of your bike.

Dnyce
05-06-2008, 02:07 AM
i got camfone pics-its a way out color, gotta use the digicam. need to redo the stock emblems first tho, the colors dont match the bike. then ill take some sweet pics. i shoulda shaved the emblems and had kawasaki put on the tank in gold leaf, wasnt thinkin. should still be cool. i took some construction pics, ill just post em all up at once when i get the clip ons

PhiSig1071
05-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Glad somebody steered you in the right direction!

My $.02, Woodcraft FTW! If I need parts for my GSXR the first place I look is Woodcraft/CFM, and no matter how much more expensive it is I get their stuff. I have never once been disappointed by anything, and I have experience with their clip-on's, rear-sets, case-covers, frame sliders, spool sliders, and knee pucks. I am a rolling woodcraft ad!