PDA

View Full Version : This is the story of a girl...

Kristin
05-05-2008, 10:36 AM
If anyone knows where that title is from, you're cool in my book. It's pretty old school. Anyway...

I'm Kristin in the small town of Greenville, NC. I have been riding for a few years but I didn't really start RIDING until a couple of years ago. Before that I was just riding the streets being a squid. I did the whole 2-up stunting thing, then decided to give it a try myself. Flipped an endo, so gave up on those. Now I stick to wheelies and other squidly tricks that I do in parking lots away from moving vehicles. It was fun for a bit but got boring. I was introduced to the TRACK and I'm still in love with it. I've only done VIR and Summit Point in WV but plan on doing a whole lot more this year. Just depends on my health and time.

I'm a gear head, always have been and pretty sure I always will be. I spend way too much money on my toys. Since I don't have any children it makes things easier to spend money on myself and what makes me happy. I've learned that I won't be around forever so I might as well enjoy my time on Earth while I am still here. Do I sound like a guy yet? Probably so. Try not to judge a book by it's cover. I'm pretty girlie on the inside...somewhere.

I had a semi bad crash at Deal's Gap about a year ago and I can't see to get my confidence level back up but I'm working on it. I guess it will just take more seat time and staying positive. Plus I need to learn to get off the seat more.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/KristinNC2002/one.gif

That's about it. Hope to meet you guys at Deal's Gap or either on the track sometime soon.

Kristin

Rider
05-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Welcome. :twfix:

M1$3|2
05-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the board.:twfix:

Becca_007
05-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi there and welcoem to the board. You don't sound too "guy" to me!

Trip
05-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Welcome, I remember hearing about your wreck now that I have seen the pics. Glad you came out fine. I am regularly up there, so if you see my white 07 RR, stop by and say hi.

Kristin
05-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey Trip, do you ever ride 421? They call it The Playground?

NONE_too_SOFT
05-05-2008, 10:50 AM
who cried a river and drowned the whole world?

nice crash, by the way, bike totally flipped on you towards the end there huh? every girl wants to think they're "just one of the guys" but at the end of the day you've still got tits and a vagina, and be glad about it, because with those you rule the world.

Kristin
05-05-2008, 10:56 AM
thanks for the welcomes everyone. seems like a pretty cool website.
NtS: good job. haha

Yeah it hit a tree stump and started flipping in mid air. I hit a tree and that's what stopped me from going down the mtn. But just my luck, the bike hit the same tree that I hit and came down on top of me so I was pinned under it.

I got up though once people stopped and got the bike off me. I was upset because I couldn't ride anymore that day. My rear wheel was cracked along with some other stuff. I thought I was fine but about 2 days later I couldn't take it anymore. I knew I had broke my ribs and they can't do anything about that anyway. But the pain in my stomach went from aching pain to piercing pain. I went to the urgent care and they rushed me to the ER where I later found out I had internal bleeding to my chest and abdomen, swollen spleen, and all the ribs on my left side were bruised/broken.

The worst part, I didn't have health insurance. But I was back on the bike not long after. While I was in recovery people helped me get my bike back together and I was ordering parts off ebay.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-05-2008, 10:59 AM
its a thing of beauty how people on two wheels can come together for a common cause. Shit if cages were outlawed i think world peace would come soon after.

Mrs. Colleen
05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
:welcome: :beers:

fpzx10
05-05-2008, 11:02 AM
:welcome:

azoomm
05-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Welcome!!

neebelung
05-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Welcome!

Trip
05-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Hey Trip, do you ever ride 421? They call it The Playground?

Near Johnson City? Some people call it the snake now too. I just call it 421. I think the nicknames are retarded. I call 129, the gap and that's it.

dReWpY
05-05-2008, 11:40 AM
i like the "hill"

NONE_too_SOFT
05-05-2008, 11:42 AM
i like the "hill"

second. Prolly the most used term i use when talking to somebody whom actually knows that deals gap is.

When explaining it to people i dont know i usually just say "its an 11 mile section of road carved out of the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere".

Southspice
05-05-2008, 11:59 AM
:rockwoot: Whatz up ??
You sound pretty kewl to me :)
I ride the dragon often too !! Was up at Cherohala yesterday as a matter of fact!! Nice Ride!! Maybe see you out sometime .. say HI

Near Johnson City? Some people call it the snake now too. I just call it 421. I think the nicknames are retarded. I call 129, the gap and that's it.

:wink: Yep ... 129 called the gap
411 is 411 and 116 is 116 ... but all nice "Playgrounds"

Crazy
05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
sup? welcome.

and, thanks to you, now I have that damn song stuck in my head.

Phenix_Rider
05-05-2008, 12:26 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/KristinNC2002/one.gif

Kristin

Well that looks familiar.... I feel for ya!

:welcome::twfix:

t-homo
05-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Welcome, even though I said it in the myspace thread. Crash looks pretty bad but glad to hear you are ok.

Kristin
05-05-2008, 01:05 PM
years ago when i was first taken to 421 the guys said it was on the hush hush and to not mention the road, just "the playground" because they didn't want a shitload of people up there on home track.

azoomm
05-05-2008, 01:14 PM
years ago when i was first taken to 421 the guys said it was on the hush hush and to not mention the road, just "the playground" because they didn't want a shitload of people up there on home track.

Yet another reason why I don't like riding on the street... not the gap, not anywhere :wink:

Lamnidae
05-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the Fix, Kristin. I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

And now I have the song stuck in my head.........................

fnfalman
05-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I had a semi bad crash at Deal's Gap about a year ago and I can't see to get my confidence level back up but I'm working on it. I guess it will just take more seat time and staying positive. Plus I need to learn to get off the seat more.

Kristin

Welcome!!! Hey, I had two bad crashes within two months of each other and one of which totalled my beloved Aprilia Tuono, and these crashes were about a year and a half ago. I'm still having the jitter.

Trip
05-05-2008, 01:56 PM

I have never been too fond of 421, it's got too many entrances and exits on it. Just asking to get pulled out in front of.

Amber Lamps
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Welcome!!! Hey, I had two bad crashes within two months of each other and one of which totalled my beloved Aprilia Tuono, and these crashes were about a year and a half ago. I'm still having the jitter.

Shit,it's been over ten years since I hit a deer and I'm still nervous at dawn or dusk. Not to mention my fear of being rear ended having had it happen three fucking times!!!:panic:

OneSickPsycho
05-05-2008, 02:20 PM
I didn't get any jitters after my crash... even after the subsequent near death goose decoy experience... Strange.

z06boy
05-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Welcome...yep crashing sux but look at the bright side...you crashed an R6 and it DIDN'T even catch on fire. j/k

Lamnidae
05-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I didn't get any jitters after my crash... even after the subsequent near death goose decoy experience... Strange.

That near death goose decoy experience woulda seriously f'ked w/ my head.

Could only immagine the terror and nightmares of being attacked by decoys.... woah... got chills just thinking about that.

:panic:

itgirl
05-05-2008, 03:12 PM
:welcome: can't wait to get to know ya better.

t-homo
05-05-2008, 04:14 PM

Could only immagine the terror and nightmares of being attacked by decoys.... woah... got chills just thinking about that.

Just don't shoot the decoys. They sink and the owner gets really pissed. Personal experience.

Katherine
05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
(((((((KRISTIN))))))))

Yay! I'm so glad you made it on here! It's Kat Mac. What up, G?

Will be at the Gap Rally? Please this time try to ride the pavement not the trees. You're good, but dammit girl!

OneSickPsycho
05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Am I the only motherfucker that didn't know this chick before she got on here?

Kristin
05-05-2008, 04:24 PM
what's up girl?? It's been way too long ;)

Yeah I'll stick to the pavement this time no mid air stuff ;)

Katherine
05-05-2008, 04:24 PM
It would seem so. You've been missing out. Kristin's awesome.

OneSickPsycho
05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
*ahem*

If anyone's missing out, it's her. I am the coolest motherfucker in the world...

uh-oh...

BRB

gotta poopy again.

t-homo
05-05-2008, 04:26 PM
It's ok. I didn't know her either.

Katherine
05-05-2008, 04:27 PM
I had a semi bad crash at Deal's Gap about a year ago.

Has it been that long? Weren't we supposed to meet up for a track day, slumber party, or something? Geez already!

Kristin
05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
haha I only know a few on here. I've met a lot of people because I try to hit up a lot of events and meet other chick riders.

Has it been that long? Weren't we supposed to meet up for a track day, slumber party, or something? Geez already!

hahah slumber party with you...that was my fantasy :drool:

I think there is another Deal's Gap event for some chick riders in June. Can't remember the date. You better be there

Amber Lamps
05-05-2008, 04:30 PM

Speaking of decoys/targets...will you rednecks PLEASE stop placing your deer figures by the road! I don't know how many times I've checked up because of those fucking things!!!

Katherine
05-05-2008, 04:31 PM
June is a track day. You better make yourself available, woman!

There's also talk of one in VIR at the end of May. Isn't that your home track? I've never ridden it, so I'll need you to show me the lines.

Kristin
05-05-2008, 04:33 PM
VIR NOrth?

I'm game. Sounds like we got some good times planned out already ;)

I'm dragging you to Jennings with me this year too. Get your big girl panties on. ;) It's GAME TIME. hehe

Amber Lamps
05-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Am I the only motherfucker that didn't know this chick before she got on here?

Dude this bitch knows everyone around here! I'm talking to Scott Carpenter at Ron Ayers and she knew his buddy's ex or his ex's sister or something like that... Hell,why else would I want to be friends with her...networking!:whistle:

t-homo
05-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Dude this bitch knows everyone around here! I'm talking to Scott Carpenter at Ron Ayers and she knew his buddy's ex or his ex's sister or something like that... Hell,why else would I want to be friends with her...networking and vajayjay!:whistle:

fixed it.

Amber Lamps
05-05-2008, 04:40 PM
fixed it.

Hey now,my intentions are completely innocent! (you cockblocking bastard!)

t-homo
05-05-2008, 04:51 PM

Whoops.

Kristin
05-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Dude this bitch knows everyone around here! I'm talking to Scott Carpenter at Ron Ayers and she knew his buddy's ex or his ex's sister or something like that... Hell,why else would I want to be friends with her...networking!:whistle:

it was his ex girlfriend. and that's because she was from Charlotte too.

Katherine
05-05-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm dragging you to Jennings with me this year too. Get your big girl panties on. ;) It's GAME TIME. hehe

June 14th. Be there!

Cutty72
05-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the insanity... :nana2:

Mr Lefty
05-05-2008, 06:04 PM

pretty sure you did that to yourself with your thread and then inviting her here :lol:

:welcome: Kristen! let see some Pics of your bike! and i'm sure none of us guys would mind if ya threw a few of just yourself in there too :wink:

Captain Morgan
05-05-2008, 07:23 PM
pretty sure you did that to yourself with your thread and then inviting her here :lol:

:welcome: Kristen! let see some Pics of your bike! and i'm sure none of us guys would mind if ya threw a few of just yourself in there too :wink:

She might do that if you'd spell her name right. :lol:

Mr Lefty
05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Damn it... my bad... Kristin... KristIn... got it! :lol:

Crazy
05-05-2008, 08:26 PM
cmon she shares her name with your favorite hot chick, you'd think you'd get it right :lol:

Mr Lefty
05-05-2008, 08:30 PM
:lol: yeah and I always spell her name wrong too!

It's cause of my ex in HS... her name was Kristen... got me trained..

jalaan1
05-05-2008, 08:36 PM

hey, Kristin.

r!der
05-05-2008, 11:25 PM

Mrs. Colleen
05-06-2008, 12:35 AM
:bash: Flippin :bash: song :bash: will :bash: not :bash: leave :bash: my :bash: head! :bash:

r!der
05-06-2008, 12:43 AM
:bash: Flippin :bash: song :bash: will :bash: not :bash: leave :bash: my :bash: head! :bash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16I43oHV5YI

ceo012384
05-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Welcome Kristin :twfix:

And yes, I recall that song from a while back... and old pop classic.
June 14th. Be there!
Another bonus: I'll be there.

Quick281
05-06-2008, 02:35 AM

:nopicsbs:

Kristin
05-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the welcomes.

ceo012384, i look forward to seeing ya next month :rockout:

I'll try to snap some new pictures of the bike tomorrow. I gotta warn ya, it's no show stopper. Unless you like zipties :dthumb:

t-homo
05-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Zipties are fun on camping trips for locking tents closed from the outside.

ceo012384
05-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the welcomes.

ceo012384, i look forward to seeing ya next month :rockout:

I'll try to snap some new pictures of the bike tomorrow. I gotta warn ya, it's no show stopper. Unless you like zipties :dthumb:
Awesome! I can't wait to ride a different track than NH.

And zip ties are a MUST for any fast track bike. You're all set.
Zipties are fun on camping trips for locking tents closed from the outside.
Haha and old prank, but classic, and works very well. Especially since when they wake up in the morning, they'll have to pee :lol: