PDA

View Full Version : buell vs rc

dReWpY
02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
i dont have enough miles on it yet to give it a fair long term test (first TD is in april for the buell:boobs: ), but in the short 1k miles i have put on it:

Ergos: much more comfortable, this should come as no surpirse, the RC was a race bike built for the track and we mere mortals got lucky when it was sent out to the pasture aka our streets. that being said i do TD and take that same bike and travel across the USA and now the entire continent of NA so ill take the trade off. the bike lets you sit up more and that huge front fairing is your best friend at highway speeds, it blocks all but 1% of the wind.

first noticed its a lot lighter, when i swung my leg over it i was pretty much in shock about how low the center of gravity was, I know going from my rc to this it would lighter, but i didnt expect it to be this light, it reminded me of my zx6 in that aspect

the handling is very quick, thanks to the steep rake its handles great at sane speeds and when at higher, track like speeds it tags a decent amount of input to make it turn, almost reminded me of the RC, very stable but required more input then a jap modern SS

Brakes: are good until you getting a hair up your ass and decide to abuse them, they are the first thing that i replaced, i got a set of lydell gold pads and they should help out alot. the stock pads suck! no other way to describe it. They are prone to fading and even started to pot mark my rotor!

power: since the rc was not stock (microns, pc, 1/6th hrc throtte tube, regeared, flapper mod, soft rev...) its not a fair fight. the buell has more power, it just feels slower to the senses. The rc was like that bully that took your lunch money, sure it looked and acted tough, was intimidating as hell, but the buell is just simply faster, you just have to trust the lap times and not your butt dyno

Other: gas range is alot better on buell, a five gallon tank is nice

bad buell, no biscuit: at high rpm's it has vibes, and im talking hey were did my tach needles go, all i got is a blur, but again thats at high..high rpm's like first gear felonious speeds so its only an issue on the back country roads or on the track

stock pads suck!

Good buell: i stole you from a dealer that has been the best that i have ever worked with

marko138
02-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Don't run those Lyndalls at the track. They will fade badly on you, brother. Keep them for the street.

dReWpY
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
So run the stocks at the track?

smileyman
02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Another Buelleiver! Enjoy!

dReWpY
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
i have always loved the buell

dReWpY
02-18-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/buell/2009-buell-1125r-daytona-sportbike-review-88605.html

marko138
02-18-2010, 04:24 PM
So run the stocks at the track?
Negative. Get a set of Ferrodo or EBC. Stockers should never be run anywhere ever. They are the epitome of SUCK.

Gas Man
02-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Luv both bikes... but as said before the trade. The buell is better. It just is.

dReWpY
02-19-2010, 03:07 AM
I found a 02 rc that is in real good shape for cheap

Gas Man
02-19-2010, 05:25 AM
So buy it for your homo twin!

tommymac
02-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Good writeup, I will prolly sneak my 1125 to a td or 2 this year, more if I wad my gsxr :lol:

marko138
02-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Good writeup, I will prolly sneak my 1125 to a td or 2 this year, more if I wad my gsxr :lol:
As I've said and I can't stress this enough, ditch those stock pad immediately. Your rotor will thank you.

tommymac
02-19-2010, 09:12 AM
As I've said and I can't stress this enough, ditch those stock pad immediately. Your rotor will thank you.

its on the to do list, prolly go with ebc HH since I have used them quite a bit on the track bikes.

marko138
02-19-2010, 09:16 AM
its on the to do list, prolly go with ebc HH since I have used them quite a bit on the track bikes.
Right on. You'll see a lot of guys talk great about the Lyndall Gold, myself included. They are nice and progressive without a huge initial bite. But as I said in this thread, not good for track duty.

tommymac
02-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Right on. You'll see a lot of guys talk great about the Lyndall Gold, myself included. They are nice and progressive without a huge initial bite. But as I said in this thread, not good for track duty.

I may only do a td or 2 with it if that but the bike will be ridden agressiveley so I want good pads up front

marko138
02-19-2010, 09:25 AM
I may only do a td or 2 with it if that but the bike will be ridden agressiveley so I want good pads up front
I hear ya. I will need to pick up a set, probably EBC HH, if I hit the track this year.

I really have no mods planned this year. Maybe a right side air scoop if I can free up some cash, but thats about it.

tommymac
02-19-2010, 09:27 AM
I hear ya. I will need to pick up a set, probably EBC HH, if I hit the track this year.

I really have no mods planned this year. Maybe a right side air scoop if I can free up some cash, but thats about it.

Just planning for repairs or lost bolts :lol:

marko138
02-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Just planning for repairs or lost bolts :lol:
Red loc-tite FTW.

tommymac
02-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Red loc-tite FTW.

So ya learned :lol:

marko138
02-19-2010, 09:51 AM
So ya learned :lol:
Doesn't take long. :lol First time I rode it I think I lost a few torx bolts.

Cutty72
02-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Nice write up, but you can't hit felonious speeds in 1st...

Guess I don't notice the crappy pads that much... Engine braking FTW!

tommymac
02-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Nice write up, but you can't hit felonious speeds in 1st...

Guess I don't notice the crappy pads that much... Engine braking FTW!

if you go through a school zone you can :lol:

marko138
02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
if you go through a school zone you can :lol:
Ha!

dReWpY
02-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Ha!

we have alot of school zones, what can i say

Gas Man
02-19-2010, 06:55 PM
The point on the pads is that you want a double sintered pad. EBC or otherwise.