PDA

View Full Version : ECU Flashing

nhgunnut
02-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Anyone here reflashed the ECU on their bikes? I just ordered the Flashing Harness from boost by smith to do the B King. I plan on using Petrik's software. I Know Ridge Rider makes a harness as well. Just wondering what everyones experience has been.

smileyman
02-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Always had the dealer do mine. Sometimes i notice a diff, sometimes no?

dReWpY
02-19-2010, 05:56 PM
I noticed a diff on the buell

OneSickPsycho
02-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I was going to do it on my Buell, but it shit the bed before I got a chance to... honestly though the custom maps and the fact that I could brick my ECU was pretty intimidating to me. However, stupidity and arrogance would have certainly won over that feeling had my bike lived long enough.

marko138
02-23-2010, 11:01 AM
I was going to do it on my Buell, but it shit the bed before I got a chance to... honestly though the custom maps and the fact that I could brick my ECU was pretty intimidating to me. However, stupidity and arrogance would have certainly won over that feeling had my bike lived long enough.
I'm with the first half of your statement. I'm well aware of the ECMspy software and the results ppl seem to have from it...but I'm intimidated by fucking with the ECM. And I'm not really unhappy with the way the bike runs. So I just leave well enough alone.

nhgunnut
02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
My goal in doing this is to remove the Timing retard in the upper gears .
I will be using Petrik's software. Just wondering if any one has experience with the the flashing harness. I bought the one from Greg Smith