PDA

View Full Version : Rally Agenda Possibilities

Trip
05-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Is anyone getting here before thursday?

Here is what I am thinking, add in your own comments

Thursday: Arrival for most, general fuck off at the gap day

Friday: early morning gap runs, decide on a medium range ride, get back in enough time to set up for grilling and get together. NIGHT RUNS.

Saturday: early morning gap runs, coast race, long range ride day, more grilling/partying?, more night runs

Sunday: early runs, departure for most

I have a couple different options for rides, I will discuss them with you guys when you get here and we can pick one or just do the normal stuff like 116, 28, skyway, 129. I don't like posting where I ride on the net besides the gap. Everything depends on the weather though.

fpzx10
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Sounds like fun.

:damn:

Trip
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Mckenzie wants to come :lol:

fpzx10
05-06-2008, 10:16 AM
It's tempting, but we are going to the beach the following week. I should save money for that. You guys have a blast and take lots of pics :dthumb:

the chi
05-06-2008, 10:27 AM
My crew will be getting there Wednesday, hopefully in time to get in a quick ride...

my only request is to find some beautiful scenery...i want some good pics this year...

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
me, kat, and ceo are getting there thursday. I'm prolly gonna leave wednesday afternoon, ride into cincinati or lexington, have a good night sleep, and make it the rest of the way.

anybody have a couch i can sleep on ?

Nighthawk
05-06-2008, 11:04 AM
im getting down on friday, so damn you all for getting there early

dReWpY
05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
much better, got the comp to work, damn technology

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
so we even have any members from kentucky? cincinati area?

dReWpY
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
used to :lol:

Lamnidae
05-06-2008, 11:20 AM
sounds good.

I figure i'll arive around 3PM timeframe on Friday.

Trip
05-06-2008, 11:41 AM
My crew will be getting there Wednesday, hopefully in time to get in a quick ride...

my only request is to find some beautiful scenery...i want some good pics this year...

Ok cool, I am taking off thursday and friday. I may just come up after work on wednesday and see if ben can get me in for two nights and hang out with you guys.

Mr Lefty
05-06-2008, 11:49 AM
so when is the rafting trip? or the hike? or the camp fire with smores? what kind of motorcycle rally is this? no smores? gotta have smores!

Trip
05-06-2008, 11:56 AM
so when is the rafting trip? or the hike? or the camp fire with smores? what kind of motorcycle rally is this? no smores? gotta have smores!

Definitely there will be smores had at the 1st TWFix rally, there will be smores had after one of the night runs at least.

No rafting trip, I don't even know if they will be releasing that weekend. Rafting has been really tame around here with the drought anyway. We don't like to release water for recreation as much, we needz it for powah.

At the local party with the big wheels/fiddies, I was incredibly wasted and made smores. After that I set to work building a fire the size of the empire state building. It was fun.

Mr Lefty
05-06-2008, 11:58 AM
ok... good... just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be all RIDING at this rally... that'd be just fuck'n dumb...

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 12:01 PM
can we have a raccoon hunt?

Mr Lefty
05-06-2008, 12:05 PM
yes... but take mirrors... never look directly into the raccoon's eyes... it'll steal your soul...

Trip
05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
can we have a raccoon hunt?

I'm sure there will be someone out there hunting coons, if you really want to hunt them. Just look for the rednecks driving around in POS trucks hanging out the side of the driver's window with a big antenna in their hands with a big cage in the bed of the truck.

Mr Lefty
05-06-2008, 12:10 PM
or yellow f3's :lol:

Trip
05-06-2008, 12:14 PM
These guys are much worse. They have been known to spill used oil on the road on purpose to take out bikers. They hate us because we scare off their illegal kills. They are lazy fucks too because the just let their dogs go and find them using radios, hence the antennas, by driving up and down the gap to find their dogs.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 12:16 PM
or yellow f3's :lol:

he rode an f4, not that it matters.

Mr Lefty
05-06-2008, 12:18 PM
fuck that... what's the fun in that? I understand hunting... but the point is the challenge... fuck if I wanted easy fuck'n meat I'd go buy it at a damn store... :rant: another thread another day

that's right... my bad...

t-homo
05-06-2008, 12:19 PM

and a fat black cock.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 12:21 PM
and a fat black cock.

YEA but in her defense her cock was only black because the surgeon that attatched it did a piss poor job connecting the blood supply.

t-homo
05-06-2008, 12:23 PM
YEA but in her defense her cock was only black because the surgeon that attatched it did a piss poor job connecting the blood supply.

nice. :rockout:

Trip
05-06-2008, 02:04 PM
way to ruin a thread. :lol:

dReWpY
05-06-2008, 02:26 PM
i thought about editting out the whoredom, but eh :idk:

t-homo
05-06-2008, 02:30 PM
i thought about editting out the whoredom, but eh :idk:

Sorry. I couldn't resist the fat black cock.

OK, back to rally talk.

Mr Lefty
05-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Sorry. I couldn't resist the fat black cock comment.

OK, back to rally talk.

.... they say it's ok to experiment in college... but no need to tell us about it:dthumb:

JoJoYZF
05-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Sorry. I couldn't resist the fat black cock.

OK, back to rally talk.

Nice edit drewp:lol:

t-homo
05-07-2008, 01:57 AM
.... they say it's ok to experiment in college... but no need to tell us about it:dthumb:

ass.

ceo012384
05-07-2008, 04:49 AM
Is anyone getting here before thursday?

Here is what I am thinking, add in your own comments

Thursday: Arrival for most, general fuck off at the gap day

Friday: early morning gap runs, decide on a medium range ride, get back in enough time to set up for grilling and get together. NIGHT RUNS.

Saturday: early morning gap runs, coast race, long range ride day, more grilling/partying?, more night runs

Sunday: early runs, departure for most

I have a couple different options for rides, I will discuss them with you guys when you get here and we can pick one or just do the normal stuff like 116, 28, skyway, 129. I don't like posting where I ride on the net besides the gap. Everything depends on the weather though.

All sounds pretty good. I will be getting in fairly early thursday and intend to ride from lunch to dinner, I assume with you.

I will be riding monday as well...

All this talk of night runs.... shit. Maybe I will invest in some LED headlamps.

Trip
05-07-2008, 07:56 AM
I will either be already up there or heading up there early. If I decide to stay in knoxville wednesday night, I will give you my # to give me a call when you get in knoxville and we can meet up and head up there.

BTW, everyone needs to tell everyone they care about that you won't be in cell phone coverage 95% of the time while you are here. So if they call to check up on you, you might not get back to them for a few days. Of course, a lot of ya'll family members may not know about the dragon like mine and won't freak out when you are a little late getting home and they hear about a fatality up there. :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
05-07-2008, 08:45 AM
All sounds pretty good. I will be getting in fairly early thursday and intend to ride from lunch to dinner, I assume with you.

I will be riding monday as well...

All this talk of night runs.... shit. Maybe I will invest in some LED headlamps.

headlamps wont help...

i plan on being there early afternoon (2 maybe 3ish) so lets try to pick a time to meet up.

I will either be already up there or heading up there early. If I decide to stay in knoxville wednesday night, I will give you my # to give me a call when you get in knoxville and we can meet up and head up there.

BTW, everyone needs to tell everyone they care about that you won't be in cell phone coverage 95% of the time while you are here. So if they call to check up on you, you might not get back to them for a few days. Of course, a lot of ya'll family members may not know about the dragon like mine and won't freak out when you are a little late getting home and they hear about a fatality up there. :lol:

only place i got coverage was right after we got off joyce kilmer, and right before the skyway (at the crossroads by, the "chero'holla'"(yea i know, sp) information kiosk... only reason i know is cause its where i called drewp telling him my bike was pissing out. somehow i made it back to the gap, only for it to die yet again. woo hoo for carbs, glad i've got FI on my side this year.

dReWpY
05-07-2008, 09:17 AM
yes, pc is quite unhappy about not being in contact with me, esp when riding there... :whistle:

Trip
05-07-2008, 09:18 AM
headlamps wont help...

i plan on being there early afternoon (2 maybe 3ish) so lets try to pick a time to meet up.

only place i got coverage was right after we got off joyce kilmer, and right before the skyway (at the crossroads by, the "chero'holla'"(yea i know, sp) information kiosk... only reason i know is cause its where i called drewp telling him my bike was pissing out. somehow i made it back to the gap, only for it to die yet again. woo hoo for carbs, glad i've got FI on my side this year.

Headlamps really only help if you know the road, I wouldn't suggest it for someone who has never been down there to push it with headlamps.

You can get coverage in robbinsville as well. Some of the other rides we might take you probably will get coverage as well.

the chi
05-07-2008, 09:56 AM
yes, pc is quite unhappy about not being in contact with me, esp when riding there... :whistle:

geeee, i wonder why??? :whistle:

I just make the healthy choice to NEVER tell my loved ones where/what im doing till I make it back...that way I dont get the rash of trash...but I do need to remember to change over my life insurance policy...:lol: My moms fave line every time I remind her that if I go out on my bike, at least I was happy!

sooo, before we actually get there, perhaps we should set up a time or something to get together or make contact so we can meet up and RIDE!!!

Trip
05-07-2008, 10:07 AM
geeee, i wonder why??? :whistle:

I just make the healthy choice to NEVER tell my loved ones where/what im doing till I make it back...that way I dont get the rash of trash...but I do need to remember to change over my life insurance policy...:lol: My moms fave line every time I remind her that if I go out on my bike, at least I was happy!

sooo, before we actually get there, perhaps we should set up a time or something to get together or make contact so we can meet up and RIDE!!!

I am planning around 6 on wednesday or early thursday. I say we set up a time of around 3 or 4 to meet up at tapoco on thursday. If you get there before then, come look for us on the road or at the store.

Lamnidae
05-07-2008, 08:00 PM
where to meet for my late ass showing up on Friday?

NONE_too_SOFT
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
how late?

Lamnidae
05-07-2008, 08:19 PM
how late?

3ish?

NONE_too_SOFT
05-07-2008, 08:25 PM
we'll be out riding im sure, we can prolly accomodate to pow wow back at topoco round mid afternoon though.

Lamnidae
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Well the way Trip says I need to come down puts me at the top of the Gap...... So maybe we can meet up on the TN side and me ride in? How's the cell coverage up on the N end trip?

NONE_too_SOFT
05-07-2008, 10:15 PM
none.

Trip
05-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Well the way Trip says I need to come down puts me at the top of the Gap...... So maybe we can meet up on the TN side and me ride in? How's the cell coverage up on the N end trip?

You best bet will be to just take it slow and easy. It's impossible to coordinate an arrival up there.

the chi
05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
its impossible to even stay in contact with the outside world up there, unless you are on the net at the lodge...

and that doesnt bother me in the least!! Peace, quiet, oh joy!! Cant Wait!!! *sighs*

Trip
05-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Peace and Quiet? Up there? It's hooliganism at it's finest. No trappings of the outside world besides cops though.

the chi
05-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Peace and Quiet? Up there? It's hooliganism at it's finest. No trappings of the outside world besides cops though.

i was referring to the no outside contact...

i.e.: Mom calling to make sure im alive, work calling with a non emergency, people calling with nothing to say...

no one can reach me, I will be left all to my own devices!! *rubs hands together* hee hee hee...

NONE_too_SOFT
05-08-2008, 10:43 AM
i was referring to the no outside contact...

i.e.: Mom calling to make sure im alive, work calling with a non emergency, people calling with nothing to say...

no one can reach me, I will be left all to my own devices!! *rubs hands together* hee hee hee...

so glad i dont have to worry about THAT.

the chi
05-08-2008, 10:45 AM
so glad i dont have to worry about THAT.

hmm, are you bein sarcastic babe? If not, Im sorry...my mom loves me to death but she's one of those that if she cant reach me or hasnt talked to me in a few days goes into panic mode, has my dad and sisters call me, even the ex...and since I get antisocial fairly often and refuse to even answer my phone...that doesnt help matters...:idk:

NONE_too_SOFT
05-08-2008, 10:52 AM
hmm, are you bein sarcastic babe? If not, Im sorry...my mom loves me to death but she's one of those that if she cant reach me or hasnt talked to me in a few days goes into panic mode, has my dad and sisters call me, even the ex...and since I get antisocial fairly often and refuse to even answer my phone...that doesnt help matters...:idk:

si senorita.

Theres a strict calculation i've developed with my mother.

The amount of days i go without calling her, multiplied by the amount of weeks its been since i've seen her, with a coeficiant x which equals the amount of missed calls from her on my phone, equals the amount of food (in pounds) she'll try to cook me or buy me the next time I see her.

besides even though i wont have to hear from my mom that weekend doenst mean im not gonna hear from momma rae.

ceo012384
05-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Sounds perfect. Depending on what kind of time I make, I could possibly make it to Knoxville that night. Not sure though. If so, we'll be all set.
Headlamps really only help if you know the road, I wouldn't suggest it for someone who has never been down there to push it with headlamps.
I wasn't thinking of getting them for riding harder, more to just ensure that I can look through the turns. I'm thinking we'll all be following you, with your HIDS and headlamps. If I let a little too large of a gap come between you and I, let's say, then my own lamps illuminating the turn might be nice to have :idk:

dReWpY
05-09-2008, 03:22 AM
ceo u ever been to the gap?

NONE_too_SOFT
05-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Sounds perfect. Depending on what kind of time I make, I could possibly make it to Knoxville that night. Not sure though. If so, we'll be all set.

I wasn't thinking of getting them for riding harder, more to just ensure that I can look through the turns. I'm thinking we'll all be following you, with your HIDS and headlamps. If I let a little too large of a gap come between you and I, let's say, then my own lamps illuminating the turn might be nice to have :idk:

we dont ride THAT fast at night.

Trip
05-09-2008, 10:12 AM
we dont ride THAT fast at night.

Plus, we divide up into groups and let a good pace leader lead each group so no one should get left behind.

ceo012384
05-09-2008, 06:03 PM
ceo u ever been to the gap?
No sir. Shit, I don't even think I've ever been in the state of TN :lol:

Smittie61984
05-09-2008, 08:39 PM
What about Bike Jousting???

Lamnidae
05-11-2008, 12:36 AM
What about Bike Jousting???

That's something we gotta get on youtube.