PDA

View Full Version : How the mighty are falling

tommymac
02-23-2010, 02:37 PM
LT gets released the other day now i tlooks like Westbrook is about to be released by philly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4939019

Going ot be odd seeing them in different uniforms next year. Provided someone signs them.

marko138
02-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Westbrook doesn't have much of a promising future if you ask me. And LT is nearly what he used to be but I think he'll still be effective for someone.

Rider
02-23-2010, 02:40 PM
I heard about the LT release. My guess is LT ends up in NE. As far as Westbrook..... who knows.

tommymac
02-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Westbrook is too injury prone for anyoe to risk making him a huge part of their offense. But i think he coul dbe effective as a 3rd down scat back type player.

LT wants a super bowl so he will only want to talk to a select few teams.

Same thing happened with Shawn Alexander goes from league MVP to out of the league in like 3 yrs.

marko138
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Westbrook is too injury prone for anyoe to risk making him a huge part of their offense. But i think he coul dbe effective as a 3rd down scat back type player.

Same thing happened with Shawn Alexander goes from league MVP to out of the league in like 3 yrs.
Yeah, if LT is only interested in a few SB contenders and no one wants him...then goodbye. He'll fall by the wayside like Alexander did. There are plenty of young studs who are healthy and will to play.

Rider
02-23-2010, 02:45 PM

When you run THAT hard, it's hard to have longevity in the NFL.

marko138
02-23-2010, 02:47 PM
True, whats the average length of a NFL career....6 or 7 years maybe?

tommymac
02-23-2010, 02:47 PM

Seems like the shelf life of RB's is getting shorter and shorter esp when there seems to be a good crop comming out of college every year so a lotof these guys become expendable.

marko138
02-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Seems like the shelf life of RB's is getting shorter and shorter esp when there seems to be a good crop comming out of college every year so a lotof these guys become expendable.
Yeah, sure does. A lot of guys this year made a name for themselves. Ray Rice jumps to mind.

tommymac
02-23-2010, 02:48 PM

I think the salary cap has also shortened some careers. Guys being released due to high salaries and stuff like that. Esp when they can just draft someone in the 3rd or 4th round who can do the job almost right away.

tommymac
02-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, sure does. A lot of guys this year made a name for themselves. Ray Rice jumps to mind.

Rice had a good year as did slaton with houston. Also knowshown moreno and beanie wells had significant contributions to their teams.

Was kinda funny in arizona. hightower only has maybe 3 yrs in the league and theyre looking at wells to replace him already.

marko138
02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Rice had a good year as did slaton with houston. Also knowshown moreno and beanie wells had significant contributions to their teams.

Was kinda funny in arizona. hightower only has maybe 3 yrs in the league and theyre looking at wells to replace him already.
Yeah, I knew there were more. I had Moreno on my fantasy team. Arizona is fucked up tho. They never even try to have a good running game. I think thats more their system than the backs.

Rider
02-23-2010, 02:53 PM
It takes a toll on your body. You can't run that that forever....unless of course you are Emmit Smith and have the best offensive line ever in front of you.

3-4 years tops is all you will ever be at the peak of you career in the NFL as a RB. It's a brutal position.

marko138
02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
It takes a toll on your body. You can't run that that forever....unless of course you are Emmit Smith and have the best offensive line ever in front of you.

3-4 years tops is all you will ever be at the peak of you career in the NFL as a RB. It's a brutal position.
For sure.

tommymac
02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I knew there were more. I had Moreno on my fantasy team. Arizona is fucked up tho. They never even try to have a good running game. I think thats more their system than the backs.

Theyre similar to indy, when you have a great QB and 2 all world recievers of course youre going to be more pass oriented. I think thats what will help hightower stick around is that he can catch and is utilized in the passing game.

The bruising type backs usualy dont last long and the pounding just wears on you over the years. Guys like alexander and tomlinson werent overly punishing backs but they did carry the workload for their teams and 25 plus carries a game takes its toll.

marko138
02-23-2010, 02:59 PM
To me it doesn't seem like LT has been around for a long time. Am I wrong?

Rider
02-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Chris Johnson wont be more than a 2 or 3 hit wonder.

tommymac
02-23-2010, 03:00 PM

good 7 or 8 yrs, I think he was drafted in 01 or 02.

Rider
02-23-2010, 03:01 PM

10 seasons. Drafted 5th overall in 2001.

tommymac
02-23-2010, 03:03 PM

I thought he may be around longe rif they employed the tandem running game with lendale white but he just took ALL the carries this year.

I also think brandon jacobs may be done or released after the upcpmming season.

Notice how almost all teams are going to having 2 or even 3 quality RB's. One will emerge as THE guy and then go somewhere else or sign a huge contract then fizzle out in 2 or 3 yrs.

marko138
02-23-2010, 03:03 PM
10 seasons. Drafted 5th overall in 2001.
Damn. Time flies.

TommyHotWheel
02-23-2010, 03:06 PM
I think LT would be a good pick up for Detroit, he could get some yards and mentor the young running backs. I really doubt he would sign there tho.

marko138
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I think LT would be a good pick up for Detroit, he could get some yards and mentor the young running backs. I really doubt he would sign there tho.
Who would? :lol:

Rider
02-23-2010, 03:09 PM

They have no OL at all. The dude would get killed in the first game. Detroit needs to beef up their OL and DL before doing anything else.

marko138
02-23-2010, 03:09 PM
They have no OL at all. The dude would get killed in the first game. Detroit needs to beef up their OL and DL before doing anything else.
A lot of teams over look that. It's the core of a good team.

tommymac
02-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Anyone who gets released by the raiders :lol:

marko138
02-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Anyone who gets released by the raiders :lol:
Well...maybe. Do the Raiders even release anyone? We are usually the land of misfit toys in the NFL.

Rider
02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Well...maybe. Do the Raiders even release anyone? We are usually the land of misfit toys in the NFL.

It's either the Raiders or jail...

tommymac
02-23-2010, 03:20 PM
It's either the Raiders or jail...

The lesser of 2 evils.

Seymour wants to be released but theyre intent on resigning him. He must be pissed :lol:

ontwo
02-23-2010, 03:34 PM

He was really impressive

Especially if he continues to carry the ball a million times a game.

Amber Lamps
02-23-2010, 11:27 PM

Truth! You'd have to be desperate or crazy!!!:lol:

karl_1052
02-24-2010, 11:42 AM

Sanders lasted longer with no offensive line.;)

Rider
02-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Sanders lasted longer with no offensive line.;)

But that motherfucker was god. Nobody could touch him and he didn't need an OL.

ontwo
02-24-2010, 11:50 AM

plusone

goof2
02-24-2010, 12:07 PM

I have seen the average listed as 3 years in a number of places, but that is for everyone in the league, not only top of the line skill players.

karl_1052
02-24-2010, 02:11 PM

No denying that, he was the best ever.

Sixxxxer
02-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Shady Mccoy Had a Big Rookie Year...And Impressed alot of people, They actually compare him to westbrook...which is why the release isnt a big shock to me, and I'm a Eagles fan.

marko138
02-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Shady Mccoy Had a Big Rookie Year...And Impressed alot of people, They actually compare him to westbrook...which is why the release isnt a big shock to me, and I'm a Eagles fan.
Harrisburg's own LeSean McCoy.