PDA

View Full Version : canadian bias?

RACER X
02-27-2010, 10:57 AM
500m speed skating finals

Ohno touches canadian skater , he falls= DQ
canadian Charles Hamelin touches korean skater, he falls = GOLD!

canadian skaters on canadian soil judged by canadians.........

Tmall
02-27-2010, 11:00 AM
500m speed skating finals

Ohno touches canadian skater , he falls= DQ
canadian Charles Hamelin touches korean skater, he falls = GOLD!

canadian skaters on canadian soil judged by canadians.........

Is it really Canadian judges? I thought judges were selected from all of the participating countries? I remember watching sports where the RUS, USA, FIN judges were doling out scores.

Or, is it belly aching because it's the big sport even happening and nobody would care if people complained about something else?

CrazyKell
02-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Bellyaching by Americans.

We won gold. :D

RACER X
02-27-2010, 11:04 AM
speed skating had 1 judge, he was canadian.

can you imagine if he had DQ the gold medal guy.........

canadians, most golds......us most medals.

smileyman
02-27-2010, 11:10 AM
We're going to win the Gold that counts, Hockey!

Tmall
02-27-2010, 11:12 AM
We're going to win the Gold that counts, Hockey!

$$$ on it?

smileyman
02-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Sure I have 5 bucks left on Paypal...Wait what's the exchange rate, isnt that 3.75 Canadian?

BTW, Who are we playing?

Tmall
02-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Sure I have 5 bucks left on Paypal...Wait what's the exchange rate, isnt that 3.75 Canadian?

BTW, Who are we playing?

5 bucks American equals 3.75 Canadian? Sure.. How are your math skills? :lol

You're playing the team that steam rolled the feared russians...

smileyman
02-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Oh so we're the underdog? Piece of cake then !

Apoc
02-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Uhh... Racer, the guy who won gold had his skate pulled (hence why he went across the line sideways), the guy who did the pulling, then took out two behind him. Its a chain reaction, and the one who started it gets the DQ. Thats how it is done at the olympics, the world cup, or any other sanctioned event.

So stfu about shit when you have no clue what your talking about. He got bronze because the RULEBOOK specificly states, that in that case, he gets bronze.

Your not penalized for taking someone out with you when you've been taken out by no fault of your own. As it really isnt your fault.

And as far as mens USA hockey, your getting fucking stomped on.

dReWpY
02-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Us>canada @ hockey

Apoc
02-27-2010, 02:17 PM
tomorrow, you'll take your silver and gtfo of town.

Tmall
02-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Us>canada @ hockey

Name all of your NHL teams and their captain's nationality.. GO! :lol

Apoc
02-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Name all of your NHL teams and their captain's nationality.. GO! :lol

He probably cant even name all the USA's NHL teams without google, let alone their captains.

azoomm
02-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Uhh... Racer, the guy who won gold had his skate pulled (hence why he went across the line sideways), the guy who did the pulling, then took out two behind him. Its a chain reaction, and the one who started it gets the DQ. Thats how it is done at the olympics, the world cup, or any other sanctioned event.

So stfu about shit when you have no clue what your talking about. He got bronze because the RULEBOOK specificly states, that in that case, he gets bronze.

Your not penalized for taking someone out with you when you've been taken out by no fault of your own. As it really isnt your fault.

And as far as mens USA hockey, your getting fucking stomped on.

No, he's referring to Ono - the Korean went down independantly while in first place and slid across the finish line after Ono, that would have given him a bronze medal. But, instead Apolo Ono was DQ'd for touching the Candian skater that fell down - his hand touched him in the turn, then was off him when he went down. But, the Candian judge DQ'd him.

So, the medals were Candian - Korean - Candian. Instead of Candian - US - Korean.

The skaters that fell were independent of each other falling. No FALL caused the other fall. They were saying Ono having his hand on the Candian skater caused him to fall.

As far as hockey - I'm just looking forward to a good match... our team has had luck on its side [so far].

Trip
02-27-2010, 04:23 PM
No, he's referring to Ono - the Korean went down independantly while in first place and slid across the finish line after Ono, that would have given him a bronze medal. But, instead Apolo Ono was DQ'd for touching the Candian skater that fell down - his hand touched him in the turn, then was off him when he went down. But, the Candian judge DQ'd him.

So, the medals were Candian - Korean - Candian. Instead of Candian - US - Korean.

The skaters that fell were independent of each other falling. No FALL caused the other fall. They were saying Ono having his hand on the Candian skater caused him to fall.

As far as hockey - I'm just looking forward to a good match... our team has had luck on its side [so far].

Korean didn't go down independently. The Canuck placed his hand on him and the Korean slid wide and still didn't go down, so the canuck kick his arm out from underneath him. I thought it was awesome cause I hate those korean bastards.

Based on all the other crappy calls they have made throughout the olympics, Ohno should of been DQed along with the Canuck that won gold.

It should of been Korean - Canadian - Whoever they award the bronze to if two people get DQed.

azoomm
02-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Korean didn't go down independently. The Canuck placed his hand on him and the Korean slid wide and still didn't go down, so the canuck kick his arm out from underneath him. I thought it was awesome cause I hate those korean bastards.

Based on all the other crappy calls they have made throughout the olympics, Ohno should of been DQed along with the Canuck that won gold.

It should of been Korean - Canadian - Whoever they award the bronze to if two people get DQed.

REMATCH!! :lol:

Apoc
02-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Ohno should of been DQed along with the Canuck that won gold.

No, the canuck who got gold was on the inside, leaned inward, he didnt touch anyone, until his skate was touched.

Trip
02-27-2010, 04:54 PM
No, the canuck who got gold was on the inside, leaned inward, he didnt touch anyone, until his skate was touched.

watch the video again. The person in the lead has right away, it doesn't matter inside or outside. The rule is, it's up to the person trailing to make a clean pass. The korean swung wide, the canadian came inside, touched the koreans hip, the korean slid really wide out held himself up with his arm at which point the Canadian kicked the koreans arm out from underneath the korean.

Trip
02-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Pics to show, the Canadian actually hack the underarm of the korean and then takes out his arm. It was much worse than Ohno placing his hand on the bronze guy.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Meh..

We just took gold from the USA in Team pursuit speed skating, and one in snowboard racing.

Its a good thing the games are here, shipping all that heavy gold back to canada would be expensive :p

Trip
02-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Meh..

We just took gold from the USA in Team pursuit speed skating, and one in snowboard racing.

Its a good thing the games are here, shipping all that heavy gold back to canada would be expensive :p

You need more african americans, thats how we have gotten better at olympics.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 05:44 PM
You need more african americans, thats how we have gotten better at olympics.

Ya, for the most part, I dont think they like the cold :lol:

Trip
02-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Ya, for the most part, I dont think they like the cold :lol:

Works for the summer at least, I think if we could get them use the cold they could own speed skating.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Works for the summer at least, I think if we could get them use the cold they could own speed skating.
I really dont doubt it. There muscular and skeletal structure does give them an edge in sports that require speed. In general our bodies are more geared towards strength and stamina. Genetics are a wonderful thing.

The best part is were starting to understand why, and learning to better identify genetic strengths and weakness, which should really improve athletic abilities for both races.

azoomm
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Oh, I don't know.... China and Korea seem to shake the magic 8 ball when kids are born there to decide their life path. So far, it seems to work for them.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh, I don't know.... China and Korea seem to shake the magic 8 ball when kids are born there to decide their life path. So far, it seems to work for them.

There is also no doubt that China spends more than any of us at training their athletes, and is no doubt geneticly engineering their future athletes.

China will have an amazing crop of geneticly superior athletes in 20 years due to advances in genetic sciences.

Trip
02-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Another Canadian, Charles Hamelin, crossed the line first, with Ohno in second after South Korea’s Sung Si-bak, the eventual silver medalist, also crashed as a result of Tremblay’s fall.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/short_track_speed_skating/news?slug=ro-ohnodq022610&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I have already said I agreed with Ohno's DQ, but now they are blaming the Korean's fall on Ohno too? LOL.....

Apoc
02-27-2010, 08:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/short_track_speed_skating/news?slug=ro-ohnodq022610&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I have already said I agreed with Ohno's DQ, but now they are blaming the Korean's fall on Ohno too? LOL.....

As I said, the skate pull started the chain reaction that made a mess of the race.

What would olympics be without controversy. Last time it was figure skating.

Trip
02-27-2010, 08:34 PM
As I said, the skate pull started the chain reaction that made a mess of the race.

What would olympics be without controversy. Last time it was figure skating.

What skate pull? Tremblay is going down in my first photo as Hamelin is finishing his chop before Hamelin's feet get near Sung's hand.

The Hamelin/Sung incident is different than the Tremblay/Ohno one. They had no impact on the other.

Trip
02-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Personally my opinion on it is these guys are trained to play "fall." It's easier to win if you get your opponent DQed. This is why this sport annoys me.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Personally my opinion on it is these guys are trained to play "fall." It's easier to win if you get your opponent DQed. This is why this sport annoys me.

We agree that we disagree.

Trip
02-27-2010, 09:06 PM
We agree that we disagree.

I am not talking just about this race, there was lots of this going on where a barely touch sent a guy flying across the ice.

Basically, it's just like any sport, if you are not cheating, you are not trying hard enough.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Basically, it's just like any sport, if you are not cheating, you are not trying hard enough.

My favourite saying!

Apoc
02-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I was just looking at the rules.

I agree with a lot of what you say. But, the rules do favor both the leader, and those on the inside.

Once on the inside, someone within your armlength to your side, is within your personal racing space, meaning you are basicly alotted room for body movement. The people behind and on the outside need to get ahead and move into the inside lane, without interfering with your racing.

The whole rulebook lends itself to all kinds of cheating.

Countries also block for eachother. Two racers of the same country on the line, one gets behind because he;s slower, so he basicly tries his best to get in the away of those trying to overtake him. The lead guy runs away with it, and cant be penalized because he did nothing wrong, earning big world cup points, while his teamate steals even more from the other racer in the form of holding them back/causing dnf's.

Of course, like you said, cheating and corruption in sport are nothing new. I dont know why they dont run em as singles though, take the best times. Seems to make the most sense.

Trip
02-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah, that's why this sport pisses me off. It has the potential to be crazy awesome, but all the gay rules ruin it.

It's awesome to see Canada and USA raking up on medals and shut those stupid Euros up. Can yall pass Germany? That would be awesome. Probably not enough sports left.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 09:54 PM
The rules that makes the sport corrupt, as stated int he rulebook:

Passing

In short track racing a skater that is on the inside of the track must be passed on the right, unless they have left enough space on their left side for a skater to pass safely. It is the responsibility of the skater that is passing to keep from running into the skater they are passing.

and:

When overtaking, the responsibility for any obstruction or collision shall be upon the skater overtaking, provided that the skater being overtaken does not act improperly.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah, that's why this sport pisses me off. It has the potential to be crazy awesome, but all the gay rules ruin it.

It's awesome to see Canada and USA raking up on medals and shut those stupid Euros up. Can yall pass Germany? That would be awesome. Probably not enough sports left.

Not a chance, but we beat germany's records for gold medals, that should piss em off enough.

One more, we'll hold the all time record.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 10:01 PM
And, I must say, im extremely proud to see what our little country of 30 million did in the medal standings.

Of course were not third world, but we still still have a small talent pool, compared to countries with 500 million+. A lot of great athletes were produced over the last 8 years in this country.

And we beat Russia's ass in the standings too!

Trip
02-27-2010, 10:10 PM
And, I must say, im extremely proud to see what our little country of 30 million did in the medal standings.

Of course were not third world, but we still still have a small talent pool, compared to countries with 500 million+. A lot of great athletes were produced over the last 8 years in this country.

And we beat Russia's ass in the standings too!

I am surprised how well we did, I don't think we were predicted to do as well as we did.

I think they do need to shorten the olympics up and reduce the events. I mean seriously do we need 2 billion distances for running and skating. God, don't get me started on swimming and the billion medals they have.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 10:21 PM
I am surprised how well we did, I don't think we were predicted to do as well as we did.

I think they do need to shorten the olympics up and reduce the events. I mean seriously do we need 2 billion distances for running and skating. God, don't get me started on swimming and the billion medals they have.

Theres a lot of questionable stuff in the games. They keep adding all the time, this year it was fucking ski cross and snowboard cross? And like you said, 75 distances for everything.

Doesnt the summer olympiccs have fucking ballroom dancing?

Apoc
02-27-2010, 10:22 PM
And take out everything without a clear winner! If its judged, it goes. Figure skating, arials (sp), all that crap.

Trip
02-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Theres a lot of questionable stuff in the games. They keep adding all the time, this year it was fucking ski cross and snowboard cross? And like you said, 75 distances for everything.

Doesnt the summer olympiccs have fucking ballroom dancing?

the snow cross and ski cross I like better than the timed shit. You are all facing the same conditions at the same time and racing real people instead of the clock. Get rid of a few of the giant slalom combined with donkey dick versions and keep the cross.

God, I hope not, never seen it if they do have it.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 10:59 PM
the snow cross and ski cross I like better than the timed shit. You are all facing the same conditions at the same time and racing real people instead of the clock. Get rid of a few of the giant slalom combined with donkey dick versions and keep the cross.

God, I hope not, never seen it if they do have it.

But if you lose skiing, you lose lindsey vonn! Keep it till she retires. She turns me on.

Trip
02-27-2010, 11:01 PM
But if you lose skiing, you lose lindsey vonn! Keep it till she retires. She turns me on.

I prefer Claire Bidez

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010_swimsuit/winter/

Apoc
02-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Lacy schnoor!!!!!!

Trip
02-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Lacy schnoor!!!!!!

She's hot, but I prefer the girl next door look to the I just got done working at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch look.

Smittie61984
02-27-2010, 11:08 PM
The only Olympic sport that matters is not hockey, speed skating, or even bob sledding. The only real Olympic sport that matters is Women's Beach Volley Ball because we are all winners then.

Let's talk about the 1988 Olympics in Canada. No golds and a few bronze and silver in gay ass figure skating. I have more faith in the Jamaicans.

Apoc
02-27-2010, 11:33 PM
That was 88, who gives a fuck? If your old enough to remember the highs and lows of those games, you'll be dead soon anyway!

CrazyKell
02-27-2010, 11:53 PM

It's CanAdian.

azoomm
02-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Typing with thumbs, Kel. Blame Google's spell check, not me.

Interesting rules, talk about encouraging a fall....

Trip
02-28-2010, 12:10 AM
That was 88, who gives a fuck? If your old enough to remember the highs and lows of those games, you'll be dead soon anyway!

Hell I don't remember what happened in Beijing. Olympics are meaningless as soon as they end cause of the whole four year thing.

Apoc
02-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Hell I don't remember what happened in Beijing. Olympics are meaningless as soon as they end cause of the whole four year thing.

Pretty much. Its just 17 days of extreme patriotism, then its over.

smileyman
02-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Kind of interestings posts cause the olympics were started as a way to keep the competitive and patriotic Greeks from constantly trying to prove who was best by starting wars all the time.

You know measuring strength and skill without all the blood and killing, maybe even fostering some sportsmanship?

Smittie61984
02-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Pretty much. Its just 17 days of extreme patriotism, then its over.

17 days? Fuck, I thought it was only a week. I really don't care about the Olympics but I like sturring the shit some.

Apoc
02-28-2010, 01:48 PM
17 days? Fuck, I thought it was only a week. I really don't care about the Olympics but I like sturring the shit some.

Winter Olympics are 17 days, not sure about summer.

CrazyKell
02-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Gold!!!!