PDA

View Full Version : New Bike Day...#2

t-homo
05-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Just put a down payment on a 2000 R1. It has a full Hindle exhaust system, Stage 3 jet kit, K&N air filter, brembo brake lines, and a -2 sprocket in the back. -2 because he wanted to tame it down some in the low end. Paint job done by him because he liked Rossi's YZR M1 so much, but wanted red. He does car body work on the side, adn when I got there he was working on a lexus. Only downfall is that is currently has 42K miles on it. I gave him 300 today to hold until next tuesday when my dad and I can pick it up. I rode it about 4 blocks, and it felt very smooth and controlable, but like anytime I wanted to, I could throw the front end up in the air. Seating position was pretty comfortable for what it is.

I snapped some pictures before I left.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/trroth/IMG_0544.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/trroth/IMG_0545.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/trroth/IMG_0546.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/trroth/IMG_0547.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/trroth/IMG_0548.jpg

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 10:55 PM
fucking stealing my thunder AND my thread title, eh bitch?

going from a blast to a litre aint gonna be a picnic, be careful, and post them pics.

as for the mileage, dont sweat it. at least you'll get to know engines VERY well if you need to take it apart when things go wrong. hope the guy took care of it for ya.

Now, pics, please.

Trip
05-06-2008, 10:55 PM
pics or :wiz:

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 10:56 PM
pics or you'll turn him into a dragon and let him eat you? trip thats fucked up even for you.

Mr Lefty
05-06-2008, 10:56 PM
sweet... fuck that's a step up from the Blast! :lol:

with technology being what it is... I'll say that that bike will easly do 100k... the only reason you don't see more bikes with 100k is they get sold so much for the latest and greatest. My goal is to hit 100k on my bike... 6k right now... :lol:

Trip
05-06-2008, 10:59 PM
editting pics in after we threatened you. BOOO!!! Nice lookin bike

t-homo
05-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Pics are up, and yes, I realize how huge of a step it is going to be. I think I am smart/mature enough to ease into the power of the beast.

editting pics in after we threatened you. BOOO!!! Nice lookin bike

I said they were on the damn way.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 11:00 PM
yessir, looks like a clean bike. like the high mount, hows it sound?

you gonna change the gearing back?

t-homo
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
yessir, looks like a clean bike. like the high mount, hows it sound?

you gonna change the gearing back?

I cummed when he first started it up, then again when I was riding it up the street. Hope that tells you how it sounds.

I will probably leave the gearing for now. Maybe go back to stock at some point. Chain and sprocket were changed last year so its not like I need to replace them soon as far as wear.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I cummed when he first started it up, then again when I was riding it up the street. Hope that tells you how it sounds.

I will probably leave the gearing for now. Maybe go back to stock at some point. Chain and sprocket were changed last year so its not like I need to replace them soon as far as wear.

dont ever tell me when, where, or why you've "cummed" ever again.

Mr Lefty
05-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I'd say leave the gearing as is... it's gonna be a big step up as is... after a while then step it back to stock... :2cents:

NONE_too_SOFT
05-06-2008, 11:07 PM
i was just more concerned with whether it had been speedo-healed.

Mr Lefty
05-06-2008, 11:10 PM
ahh true

jalaan1
05-06-2008, 11:51 PM
nice, congrats.

Captain Morgan
05-07-2008, 12:19 AM
How much did you pay for it, total?

t-homo
05-07-2008, 01:26 AM
He wanted 4000, but I asked what he would take, said 3800, and we agreed on it. It's going to need tires sometime, since the ones on it aren't great by any means. A lot of the engine work was done 3 years, 15K miles ago, so i might need to check out some of that stuff, but I doubt anything will need adjusting. I gave him 300 today to hold it for me. He had 2 more guys coming to look at it later on tonight, and as I was leaving he was already calling them to say it was sold.

ceo012384
05-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Bike looks clean... but shit dude. Be careful. Those bikes are ridiculous. Take an ERC and/or do a track day, learn what it's capable of.

I still haven't taken the ERC but intend to.

marko138
05-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Nice man. Be easy.

fnfalman
05-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Bah! Just whack the throttle and wheelie for safety!!!:whistle:

PhiSig1071
05-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Congrats! That's a LOT of bike, but if you treat it with respect you'll be fine. Have fun, stay safe!

z06boy
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Congrats...nice find.

I owned a 2000 R1...of course that was way back in 2000 and it was a good bike. That's part of the reason that last year when I decided to get back into riding I bought another R1. :dthumb:

t-homo
05-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Bike looks clean... but shit dude. Be careful. Those bikes are ridiculous. Take an ERC and/or do a track day, learn what it's capable of.

I still haven't taken the ERC but intend to.

Track days are in the plans for next summer. Didn't think about the ERC. Might hit that up around the middle of the summer.

marko138
05-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Track days are in the plans for next summer. Didn't think about the ERC. Might hit that up around the middle of the summer.
I'm gonna take the ERC this summer too.

t-homo
05-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I don't know if I like the turn signal/tail light on it. When you hit the brakes, they both flash, but when you hit a turn signal, it has like a pattern that goes through the leds on the one side. I'll take video of it as soon as I get the bike in my posession.

Lamnidae
05-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't know if I like the turn signal/tail light on it. When you hit the brakes, they both flash, but when you hit a turn signal, it has like a pattern that goes through the leds on the one side. I'll take video of it as soon as I get the bike in my posession.

ehhh you can fix that....

but anyways, grat dammit! helluva a bike, like everyone ('cept FN) said, take her easy and you'll be fine!

t-homo
05-07-2008, 02:45 PM
ehhh you can fix that....

but anyways, grat dammit! helluva a bike, like everyone ('cept FN) said, take her easy and you'll be fine!

I was actually planning on taking FN's advice.:twfix:

Lamnidae
05-07-2008, 03:20 PM
I was actually planning on taking FN's advice.:twfix:

lmfao

squid that shit up, yo!

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/20000leagues.jpg

t-homo
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Sweet action. I just talked to guy again asking if he had a stand he was trying to get rid of since it had spools on it. Said he has a pit bull he will give me for 100.

fatburg
05-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey T-rock, nice new ride. Have fun tearing up 63 with that one.

Maybe you said this someplace else, what are you doing with your blast?

t-homo
05-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Its up for sale on the St. L craigslist. You lookin for one for the wifey or something?

fatburg
05-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Its up for sale on the St. L craigslist. You lookin for one for the wifey or something?

buddy here at work wants to start riding

t-homo
05-08-2008, 01:49 PM
2002 Buell Blast. 2300 miles. New tires front and back. Mechanically perfect, some scratches on front and both sides of the tank cover. Asking 2000

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/trroth/IMG_0505.jpg

Cutty72
05-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Damn those things are narrow!

t-homo
05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Damn those things are narrow!

100 on the front and 120 on the back. Still cost me about 275 mounted.

Cutty72
05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
100 on the front and 120 on the back. Still cost me about 275 mounted.

I meant the bike itself... never seen a blast in person.
But yeah, the tires are skinny too :lol:

t-homo
05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh, yeah the bike is pretty small. Was a ton of fun to learn on, but its time to move on.

Cutty72
05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh, yeah the bike is pretty small. Was a ton of fun to learn on, but its time to move on.

kinda funny to think that the cc's you had in that single are now split between 2. and then you have 2 more glued on beside them :lol:

dReWpY
05-08-2008, 05:29 PM
how big is a blast?

t-homo
05-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Single cylinder 492cc

Smittie61984
05-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Congrats man. Those R1s are stupid fast(And light on the front). Luckily I know Mexico Missouri and if he's turning the bike there he's probably at a 4way. Just kidding man.

Be careful on it but have fun. Now when you do replace the tires a huge huge huge huge huge burnout video is required.

t-homo
05-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Congrats man. Those R1s are stupid fast(And light on the front). Luckily I know Mexico Missouri and if he's turning the bike there he's probably at a 4way. Just kidding man.

Be careful on it but have fun. Now when you do replace the tires a huge huge huge huge huge burnout video is required.

Damn it, I forget you have family here. There are a couple decent roads outside of town but nothin big. I live in The lower 1/3 of the state now and am not to far from Ozark country so I get some pretty good rides in.

Burnout video will come eventually.

Lamnidae
05-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Damn it, I forget you have family here. There are a couple decent roads outside of town but nothin big. I live in The lower 1/3 of the state now and am not to far from Ozark country so I get some pretty good rides in.

Burnout video will come eventually.

awesome.

btw, WTFG snaggin' my sig block. :dthumb:

fatburg
05-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks T, I showed my buddy the pics, I'll let you know if he decides to drop the hammer

t-homo
05-08-2008, 10:08 PM
awesome.

I told you I was taking it, and had it before you. Delete it ho.

Thanks T, I showed my buddy the pics, I'll let you know if he decides to drop the hammer

Awesome. In KC I am guessing?

Lamnidae
05-08-2008, 10:17 PM

I didn't even know you were online when he posted it... it was my sig less than 5 mins after he posted it.

Don't worry. I'll let ya keep it, non-alcohol drinkin' Frat boy.

God... that's such an oxymoron. non-alcohol and frat I don't think really ever truely existed in the same sentence before.

t-homo
05-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I didn't even know you were online when he posted it... it was my sig less than 5 mins after he posted it.

Don't worry. I'll let ya keep it, non-alcohol drinkin' Frat boy.

God... that's such an oxymoron. non-alcohol and frat I don't think really ever truely existed in the same sentence before.

He said it to me and I put it up. haha.

Smittie61984
05-08-2008, 10:25 PM
That sig quote is the funniest shit ever. I'm not sure what "TLS'" are but "A room full of hookers and a gallan bag of X" is something I'll say from now on. Like "Obviously you're not a golfer" (From the Big Lebowski).

T-rock. If you do move to TN/NC/GA area then that R1 will be pretty fun.

Lamnidae
05-08-2008, 10:29 PM
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?p=40553&highlight=fun+room+full+hookers+gallon+zip-loc#post40553

Right there Smittie.

He said it to me and I put it up. haha.

Gotcha bro.

Yeah, I never saw the "I call it" till I just went and got the threadlink for Smittie, it's all good, and a helluva good quote none-the-less. :dthumb:

ceo012384
05-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Like "Obviously you're not a golfer" (From the Big Lebowski).
Fucking love that movie. Love it.

Mr Lefty
05-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Where's the money Lebowski... where's the MONEY LEBOWSKI? WHERE'S THE MONEY SHIT HEAD!!!! :lol:

ceo012384
05-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Where's the money Lebowski... where's the MONEY LEBOWSKI? WHERE'S THE MONEY SHIT HEAD!!!! :lol:
and his response: "Nice marmot" :lol:

WE'LL CUT OFF YOUR JOHNSON LEBOWSKI!!!!!

Mr Lefty
05-08-2008, 11:42 PM
that movie is full of funny ass quotes...

when I get drunk I yell... DONNY YOUR OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT! at random people... cracks me up

ceo012384
05-08-2008, 11:48 PM
that movie is full of funny ass quotes...

when I get drunk I yell... DONNY YOUR OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT! at random people... cracks me up

Dude I quote that movie like it's my job.

You brought the Pomeranian bowling?

I didn't bring it bowling, dude. I'm not renting it shoes. It's not taking your fucking turn, dude.

Why don't you just board it?

This is a fucking show dog, with fucking papers, dude. You can't board it, it gets upset.

Mr Lefty
05-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs...

The Dude: Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Malibu Police Chief: Mr. Treehorn draws a lot of water in this town. You don't draw shit, Lebowski. Now we got a nice, quiet little beach community here, and I aim to keep it nice and quiet. So let me make something plain. I don't like you sucking around, bothering our citizens, Lebowski. I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk-off. Do I make myself clear?
The Dude: [after a pause] I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

I litterally spit my drink all over when he threw that mug at him... :lol: fuck'n kills me

fatburg
05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Awesome. In KC I am guessing?
Yep, I've been trying to get him on a scoot for years and now he decides to do it right before I leave...damn him

marko138
05-09-2008, 10:20 AM
The Blast is a good bike man.

t-homo
05-09-2008, 12:46 PM
The Blast is a good bike man.

I am really glad that I started on it instead of a 600.

And where the fuck did the bike talk go? Cunts.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-09-2008, 01:31 PM
its gone because you stole my thread title asslick.

t-homo
05-09-2008, 01:37 PM

Fuck. You going to hold that against me forever? And if so does it mean I can not like upshift too?

fnfalman
05-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.:whistle:

PhiSig1071
05-09-2008, 09:19 PM

:lol:

Damn, I feel like a celebrity!

That sig quote is the funniest shit ever. I'm not sure what "TLS'" are but "A room full of hookers and a gallan bag of X" is something I'll say from now on. Like "Obviously you're not a golfer" (From the Big Lebowski).

T-rock. If you do move to TN/NC/GA area then that R1 will be pretty fun.

A TLS is a Suzuki TL1000S. Also known as demon spawn on two wheels. They came out with them in '98 and won bike of the year from Motorcyclist. Almost instantly they had a recall on them. They had to take them all back and install factory steering dampener's on them because they were so torque happy when you would roll on the throttle at low RPM mid-corner they'd get nose-light almost instantly snap into a head-shake from hell. They were also notorious for being so torquey that they'd get looped accidentally left and right. Noob's looping them was such a problem that they actually re-engineered the bike, lowering the compression and altering the mapping to make them less powerful and with less mid-range. The redone bike's came out in '01.

Like I said, more fun then a room full of hookers and a gallon zip-loc of X, but almost as likely to get you in trouble.

I will probably be looking for one eventually, to rebuild the motor and turn it into a wicked streetfighter.

Smittie61984
05-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Gotcha. I always called them TL1000s. I heard them nicknamed the "Widow Makers" since they had so many crashing problems. Infact a woman on a local forum owns one and painted it like a Black Widow and calls it the black widow. It's a really cool looking bike. The bottom part of the lower fairing has the hour glas painted on it.

Either way You don't Fuck with the Jesus.

6doublefive321
05-09-2008, 10:15 PM
I had a '98, and I didn't have any issues with head shake or instability. It did have a damper from hell on it, now that I think about it. Mapping was quirky and could be a pain. Otherwise, a good bike. Sounded great. Here's a pic.....

http://65.57.254.60/ktmtalk/photogallery/galleries/members/Tiller_small.jpg

PhiSig1071
05-09-2008, 10:20 PM
You apparently bought your after the recall. The factory installed dampener is right on top of the triple in your pic. Didn't you ever wonder why Suzuki cluttered up such a clean looking bike with a big ass dampener right on top of everything? :lol:

Very nice bike, like I said, I would LOVE to get my hands on one and turn it into a sick streetfighter. Chopped subframe with a custom tail, some underbody side exit pipes, single sided spondon swingarm, different rear shock, some pro-tapers and halogen bug-eyes. All flat black.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Fuck. You going to hold that against me forever? And if so does it mean I can not like upshift too?

no, you should lick his ass.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.:whistle:

thats why im gonna try to put on 40 lbs and buy bright yellow leathers.

BAAAZING.

PiZdETS
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Nice choice, love the look of older r1's.
As previously stated, take it easy, you made a hell of an upgrade power-wise.

Carolina
05-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Nice choice, love the look of older r1's.
As previously stated, take it easy, you made a hell of an upgrade power-wise.

:drool: Nice mane hopefully ill get to move up before the end of the year also

fnfalman
05-10-2008, 05:36 PM
thats why im gonna try to put on 40 lbs and buy bright yellow leathers.

BAAAZING.

Maybe a little bit more weight would make you look less than an emo and more like a man?

Zing!

t-homo
05-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Holy shit. Got the bike today and it is absolutely incredible. Sounds, looks, feel, everything. Hopefully tomorrow I can go out and hit a couple of twisties and give a decent write up.

Only downer was that the front right headlight is out. I might just go all out and get a set of HIDs now, instead of paying for a bulb now then getting HIDs later.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Holy shit. Got the bike today and it is absolutely incredible. Sounds, looks, feel, everything. Hopefully tomorrow I can go out and hit a couple of twisties and give a decent write up.

Only downer was that the front right headlight is out. I might just go all out and get a set of HIDs now, instead of paying for a bulb now then getting HIDs later.

take it easy on those twisty roads, nothings worse than having something new and then putting it under a guard rail.

t-homo
05-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Yesterday when I picked it up, I used a friends enclosed trailer with dirtbike wheel chocks in it. After mine was loaded up and strapped down, we went to another guys house to pick up his bike and bring it down to rolla. Some 16-17 year old kid pulls up in his truck headed the opposite direction and asks "What kind of bike is that in there?" So the perfect response from me was "Which one?" at which point he was amazed. After telling him I had an R1, and my buddy had a 600rr, he said "I am looking at getting an R1 this summer too." I was afraid of the answer but asked what he had now, to which he responded "Nothing, it will be my first bike" So I told him politely he was a complete dumbass and that he will kill himself.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe a little bit more weight would make you look less than an emo and more like a man?

Zing!

lol first time i've ever been compared to an emo... i do work out you know. *sniff*

Mr Lefty
05-11-2008, 04:09 PM
:lol: your the worst emo I've ever seen!

Smittie61984
05-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I was afraid of the answer but asked what he had now, to which he responded "Nothing, it will be my first bike" So I told him politely he was a complete dumbass and that he will kill himself.

Should have told him to get a Busa and to not be a Pussy.

But odds are his parents aren't going to co-sign for a new bike and he's just full of crap.

t-homo
05-11-2008, 07:52 PM
He was driving a 2008 silverado. And the guy knew his older brother and said they were loaded.

t-homo
05-11-2008, 08:36 PM
I ordered a pair of HIDs for my bike today. 120 shipped isn't too bad at all. I went for the brilliant blue 10000K. I know its not at much light, but the color will be awesome and it will be better than stock either way.

p00kienrayray
05-11-2008, 08:51 PM
man ANY HID's are more than you need. congrats on the new rig, i like the color scheme. looks like he took care of it too. BIG step from your little blast huh?

t-homo
05-11-2008, 09:22 PM
man ANY HID's are more than you need. congrats on the new rig, i like the color scheme. looks like he took care of it too. BIG step from your little blast huh?

Yeah, its a huge step. All of the guys are saying "Nice knowin ya," "I call your bike," etc, like if i have a liter, I have to ride it as hard as possible. Its gettin old pretty quick.

Smittie61984
05-11-2008, 09:49 PM
He was driving a 2008 silverado. And the guy knew his older brother and said they were loaded.

Fuck parenting. Just give your kids what they want. That's my motto.

Well if he is 16 or 17 lets hope he hasn't reproduced yet. That way when he does get an R1 and hits a tree doing 150mph there won't be any little spawns wanting to get 18 years from now the brand new Gixxer 1345234

Carolina
05-11-2008, 09:58 PM
:lol: your the worst emo I've ever seen!

well not the emo in charge though i give you

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii198/sasukelover989/Emo/emo_bush.jpg

marko138
05-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Congrats man. Glad everything went well.