PDA

View Full Version : Lon Says No To BMW...

Amber Lamps
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Well, I went and sat on the S1000R and I'm not digging it, sorry. I don't want to sound cheap but I don't think that it's going to be $13,000 better than my bike.:idk: I guess I'll wait and see what Suzuki does next year... Meanwhile, I'll buy either a new car, truck or ATV with money I've saved!:rockwoot: Ofcourse, watch my bike will blow a motor or I'll hit another deer!:lol:

tached1000rr
03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
not even a test ride?

Amber Lamps
03-03-2010, 08:13 PM
not even a test ride?

Nope the weather wouldn't cooperate on days that I had time. Besides the dealer was getting "pushy" about me making a decision so I made one... To be honest, I really hate the bike visually...really hate. My bike is paid for, the insurance is cheap and I have it set up exactly how want it. I'll buy something totally different, like a supermoto or a ATV to play with. I just can't see buying another sport bike when I have no intention of giving this one up. I was being stupid to even look at the bike to be honest.

Trip
03-03-2010, 08:42 PM
yeah, if you didnt have a 1000 and you were wanting a new one I could see the point, but since you already have a pretty new 1000 thats really clean it's just not must have.

goof2
03-03-2010, 09:43 PM
You never sounded convinced about it. I think you should be for the kind of money they want for it. It seems nice, but for that price I personally would prefer the look, and especially the sound, of an 1198S Ducati. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

tached1000rr
03-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Nope the weather wouldn't cooperate on days that I had time. Besides the dealer was getting "pushy" about me making a decision so I made one... To be honest, I really hate the bike visually...really hate. My bike is paid for, the insurance is cheap and I have it set up exactly how want it. I'll buy something totally different, like a supermoto or a ATV to play with. I just can't see buying another sport bike when I have no intention of giving this one up. I was being stupid to even look at the bike to be honest.

I agree with your decision, just hoped you could give a ride report.

smileyman
03-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Oh go on and buy that girlie Solstice, we wont poke fun...Too much anyways.

Dave
03-03-2010, 10:17 PM
You never sounded convinced about it. I think you should be for the kind of money they want for it. It seems nice, but for that price I personally would prefer the look, and especially the sound, of an 1198S Ducati. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

in these times you can find desperate duc dealers dumping S's for jap prices. be really tempting if i had any money :lol:

smileyman
03-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Desperate dealers...The BMW/Duc/Triumph dealer in LR aready kicked the bucket. Went from desperate deals to dead in 8 months...

Dave
03-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Desperate dealers...The BMW/Duc/Triumph dealer in LR aready kicked the bucket. Went from desperate deals to dead in 8 months...

same with ours. sucks.

hey tig, what you wanna bet zook will put out a haslam rep if he wins this season? maybe with factory arrow cans? they did it for matt...in '04 :lol:

Amber Lamps
03-04-2010, 07:44 AM
same with ours. sucks.

hey tig, what you wanna bet zook will put out a haslam rep if he wins this season? maybe with factory arrow cans? they did it for matt...in '04 :lol:

True but never a Corser model...weird. I also have a slight aversion to buying a 1st year new model. Did that in '97 with the YZF1000 and vowed "never again"....:lol:

karl_1052
03-04-2010, 08:21 AM
True but never a Corser model...weird. I also have a slight aversion to buying a 1st year new model. Did that in '97 with the YZF1000 and vowed "never again"....:lol:

They did release a corona model. Just not a Corser one.

Particle Man
03-04-2010, 08:47 AM
and here I said no because I didn't want to spend the $ :lol:

Dave
03-04-2010, 08:53 AM

what was wrong with the thunderace? Or were you mad yam reacted so quickly to the fireblade?

azoomm
03-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey man, good financial decisions are never a bad idea... I, too, wanted to hear what you thought of the ride. Maybe try a demo later this year?

z06boy
03-04-2010, 09:41 AM
yeah, if you didnt have a 1000 and you were wanting a new one I could see the point, but since you already have a pretty new 1000 thats really clean it's just not must have.

Truth. I haven't seen the new BMW in person but I would like to and would love to ride one but for the $$ I'll be keeping my 07 R1 regardless for now.

I've never gotten all worked up over the 09 R1 since it's come out either...even though it sure does sound good with aftermarket exhaust.

6doublefive321
03-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Hey man, good financial decisions are never a bad idea... I, too, wanted to hear what you thought of the ride. Maybe try a demo later this year?

My thoughts exactly. I would love to hear an unbiased report on the bike. Anymore, I don't trust a damn thing I read from "professional" journalists. The bike review scores are directly proportional to the number of paid ads in the magazine.

smileyman
03-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Rico Penzkofer said yes to the BMW. At least the offer to ride a factory based entry at the Isle of Mann this year. He has only been there once but finished well and he rode the S1000 to a 5 th place finish at the Macau GP...

Trip
03-04-2010, 11:04 AM
My thoughts exactly. I would love to hear an unbiased report on the bike. Anymore, I don't trust a damn thing I read from "professional" journalists. The bike review scores are directly proportional to the number of paid ads in the magazine.

So my review of my demo is not good enough for you, huh? I see how it is, you bastard. :lol:

azoomm
03-04-2010, 11:06 AM
So my review of my demo is not good enough for you, huh? I see how it is, you bastard. :lol:

Yeah, because I'm paid by BMW and therefore all moderator opinions are biased. You didn't know that?

Dave
03-04-2010, 11:45 AM

in the moto version of jonestown you're on the floor foaming at the mouth in a blue puddle :lol:

wildchild
03-04-2010, 02:33 PM
sounds like a sound decision.

so what ATV you thinking. Yamaha 450 is bad ass. sport quad right?

we have lost one ducati dealer so far and a triumph dealer. more to follow i'm sure.

6doublefive321
03-04-2010, 02:46 PM

Oh, yeah... and any review by Trip. There, you happy? :lol

Amber Lamps
03-04-2010, 09:55 PM
They did release a corona model. Just not a Corser one.

They released a Corona GSXR1000 in the US? Really? I don't remember that. Hmmm...

Amber Lamps
03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
what was wrong with the thunderace? Or were you mad yam reacted so quickly to the fireblade?

3 transmission rebuilds and 2 motor rebuilds...the bike was out for a year and they replaced it with the R1 which addressed all of the YZF1000's shortcomings.

Amber Lamps
03-04-2010, 10:00 PM

Oh yea, I may demo one in Daytona or when I get back! The dealer didn't want to let me sit on the decision so... besides, no offense but I'm having a harder time with the looks than I thought I would...:idk: For the money I want to LOVE IT!!!:lol:

karl_1052
03-05-2010, 07:54 AM
They released a Corona GSXR1000 in the US? Really? I don't remember that. Hmmm...

Don't be a wanker, nobody said anything about a 1000 Corona model before.

azoomm
03-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Oh yea, I may demo one in Daytona or when I get back! The dealer didn't want to let me sit on the decision so... besides, no offense but I'm having a harder time with the looks than I thought I would...:idk: For the money I want to LOVE IT!!!:lol:

Really, I agree with that.

Amber Lamps
03-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Don't be a wanker, nobody said anything about a 1000 Corona model before.

Oh sorry, I really wasn't...I didn't know you were including 600s. If that's the case, they also put out some other WSB 600 as well...I want to say Telefonica Moviestar but maybe it was some other. I was talking about 1000s, although that's not to say that the conversation can't include 600s or any other bikes you wish. Again, sorry if I offended you in any way.:pat:

Porkchop
03-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Well, I went and sat on the S1000R and I'm not digging it, sorry. I don't want to sound cheap but I don't think that it's going to be $13,000 better than my bike.:idk: I guess I'll wait and see what Suzuki does next year... Meanwhile, I'll buy either a new car, truck or ATV with money I've saved!:rockwoot: Ofcourse, watch my bike will blow a motor or I'll hit another deer!:lol:

Are you not a fan of the current gen 1k? Or are you just hoping for something big to come out of Zuk in 11???

Dave
03-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Are you not a fan of the current gen 1k? Or are you just hoping for something big to come out of Zuk in 11???

its hard to improve on the k6...

Porkchop
03-10-2010, 12:00 AM
its hard to improve on the k6...

Except for the stompin ass motor thats in the new generation, and some considerable weight loss. :lol:

But yea, unless you're beasting out tenths of a second at your local track, you're not going to need nor notice that. And for damn sure not worth spending the 12 grand. Wait for something special...

I guess I answred my original question then.... :lol:

Homeslice
03-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Not to mention today's gsxr is ugly compared to the k5/k6

Dave
03-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Except for the stompin ass motor thats in the new generation, and some considerable weight loss. :lol:

But yea, unless you're beasting out tenths of a second at your local track, you're not going to need nor notice that. And for damn sure not worth spending the 12 grand. Wait for something special...

I guess I answred my original question then.... :lol:

heh my buddy got 160 wheel out of his k5 and he doesnt even have a full system. How much more do you need? :Lol:

pauldun170
03-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I could have spent close to 15K on a BMW that is allegedely the ultimate motorcyle that wiped out the last herd of Brontosaurus roaming the Amazon or I could spend almost half the money on the lightest 1k bike with better mid range (allegedely).

No regrets on my purchase.
I like the BMW. Just not enough to spend the extra dough on it.

Porkchop
03-10-2010, 02:16 PM

It's definitely interesting, but its alright..... for a gsxr

I could have spent close to 15K on a BMW that is allegedely the ultimate motorcyle that wiped out the last herd of Brontosaurus roaming the Amazon or I could spend almost half the money on the lightest 1k bike with better mid range (allegedely).

I love your Honda. I'm jealous. :rockout:

marko138
03-10-2010, 02:24 PM

Hell ya, those were good years for the GSXR.

Rider
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I saw an S1000RR in person last night for the first time. The RSV4 is 100 times sexier.

Dave
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
I saw an S1000RR in person last night for the first time. The RSV4 is 100 times sexier.

didnt need to see it to know that :lol:

marko138
03-10-2010, 04:43 PM
didnt need to see it to know that :lol:
Truth.

karl_1052
03-11-2010, 05:24 PM

The honda is the one I would buy out of all the 1000s

ZXHOOLIGAN
04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
I test rode an S1000RR for about 30 miles and bought one as soon as I got back.....supposed to be in next month. I really like the bike. Handles great and has more power than I'll ever use. 'Course, that goes for my ZX-10, CBR and GIXXER too!

Rider
04-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Wow, Hooligan is back. It's been a while.

ZXHOOLIGAN
04-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Wow, Hooligan is back. It's been a while.

Yep, been a while. Past couple of years I've been tangled up settling my parent's estate, retired and involved with a bunch of other distractions. Things are now finally settling down...

ontwo
04-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Welcome back hooligan. I'm expecting a review thread on the BMW (with pics)

Trip
04-29-2010, 10:59 AM
If I ever went with a liter bike, it would be this one. It is simply awesome for the price and it feels like a damn 600, not a freakin tank.

ZXHOOLIGAN
04-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Welcome back hooligan. I'm expecting a review thread on the BMW (with pics)

Thanks, will do! I'm probably not as sharp at comparing bikes as I used to be (getting old sucks!) but I'll give it my best. And speaking of getting old, what the hell are these things??? Looks vaguely familiar...:boobs:

marko138
04-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks, will do! I'm probably not as sharp at comparing bikes as I used to be (getting old sucks!) but I'll give it my best. And speaking of getting old, what the hell are these things??? Looks vaguely familiar...:boobs:
You the same ZXHooligan on Buelletinboard?

ZXHOOLIGAN
04-29-2010, 11:56 AM
You the same ZXHooligan on Buelletinboard?

Probably...I'm either "R1HOOLIGAN or ZXHOOLIGAN", can't remember right off hand.

marko138
04-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Probably...I'm either "R1HOOLIGAN or ZXHOOLIGAN", can't remember right off hand.
Me either...both look familiar. :lol:

Rider
04-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Me either...both look familiar. :lol:

It was R1hooligan at the old TWF, maybe that's why.