PDA

View Full Version : Laconia

nhgunnut
05-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Just a reminder. Laconia Bike week is about 5 weeks away.. Hope to get achance to meet some folks from the board there. If you are riding this way drop me a note and I will give a you a contact number in the event you need rescue.

ceo012384
05-08-2008, 05:52 PM
A shitload of harleys riding around slowly.... I'll be there....

No I won't :lol:

WARputer
05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I'll be there ....June 13 thru the 24th . :rockwoot:

Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
05-10-2008, 11:10 PM
A shitload of harleys riding around slowly.... I'll be there....

No I won't :lol:

from what i understand alot of crotchrockets usually attend. so its not just harleys anymore

ZukLady
05-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I be going!

05-11-2008, 09:52 PM
if more people from mass are going ill meet up with you and we can group ride

mondos06cbr1000
05-13-2008, 12:30 AM
id be going but the army always has this wierd habbit of scheduling training when there is any event outside of the army that is deemed "fun"

so no I wont be there agian for the 2nd year:rant:

ceo012384
05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm just not quite sure I see the point of it... doesn't seem like it has much to do with riding. Tons of people go up there to drink and party, and ride up and down some main drag to show off? Not to mention every year I hear of at least a fatality or two...

I'm seriously asking, not being sarcastic. Especially for a sportbike and someone who doesn't drink and ride.... what is the point?

nhgunnut
05-14-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm just not quite sure I see the point of it... doesn't seem like it has much to do with riding. Tons of people go up there to drink and party, and ride up and down some main drag to show off? Not to mention every year I hear of at least a fatality or two...

I'm seriously asking, not being sarcastic. Especially for a sportbike and someone who doesn't drink and ride.... what is the point?

Well a contrary to popular belief there is a lot of sport bike presence at Laconia. Chances test ride the manufactures latest rides and see and buy some of the latest gear. A chance to see lots of customs of every style ,go to the bike race at Loudon. Watch the stunt shows; check out the flat track races. Ride Mt Washington.. there is a lot to do. For folks who enjoy shopping there is Major outlet mall about 11 miles from the main drag.
Generally it is a friendly place that has become very family friendly through the years, you get to meet people from around the country who ride the same kinds of bikes you do,
Also for those of us that attend them there are at least 2 AA or NA meeting a day going on.
All of that said if Rally’s aren’t you thing don’t go

itgirl
05-14-2008, 08:10 AM
if it's bike related, i'm interested. i don't get how people can be a 2 wheeled enthusiast but hate on certain bikes. that'd be like me staying away from an event due to gixxers being there, or something. go share your passion for everything with 2 wheels, people! that's what it's all about. i wish i lived closer. i'd love to go (and sturgis, daytona as well). someday....

ceo012384
05-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Well a contrary to popular belief there is a lot of sport bike presence at Laconia. Chances test ride the manufactures latest rides and see and buy some of the latest gear.
Interesting, I didn't know they linked up with the LRRS (Loudon road race series). I was considering heading up for that anyways, maybe I'll check it out.

Irregardless, I still hate hearing every year about someone dying... I'm sure it will happen again...
if it's bike related, i'm interested. i don't get how people can be a 2 wheeled enthusiast but hate on certain bikes. that'd be like me staying away from an event due to gixxers being there, or something.
It wasn't that there were certain bikes or whatever... it was more me questioning whether there was really much going on about riding. Sounds like there may be, it has definitely changed over the years if that is the case.

z06boy
05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
if it's bike related, i'm interested. i don't get how people can be a 2 wheeled enthusiast but hate on certain bikes. that'd be like me staying away from an event due to gixxers being there, or something. go share your passion for everything with 2 wheels, people! that's what it's all about. i wish i lived closer. i'd love to go (and sturgis, daytona as well). someday....

100 % agreed

The wife and I are going up because we were invited by some friends that live not too far from there.

I've been to Daytona and Myrtle Beach a few times for bike week and would love to make Sturgis some day.

nhgunnut
05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Interesting, I didn't know they linked up with the LRRS (Loudon road race series). I was considering heading up for that anyways, maybe I'll check it out.

Irregardless, I still hate hearing every year about someone dying... IIt 'm sure it will happen again...

Yeah that is the hard part for those of us who live here. It gives those of us who ride responsibly such a bad name. Last year there were a total of 7 deaths. One was simply unavoidable. A couple from Canada had stopped at a rest area along one of the scenic highways were pulling out at low speed when a branch from a tree broke loose and fell. The husband was able to duck but the branch hit the woman in the face and helmet killing her. The other 6 were simply the result of what we locally refer to as "Flatlanders" A group of 7 heavy Cruisers Most helmet-less riding in a pack west on Route 9 when on of the them crossed the double line on a blind corner hitting a a SUV who locked up the brakes spun sideways and went thru the rest of the pack like a bowling ball thru pins resulting in 6 dead.

Katherine
05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
It's the same here for Myrtle Beach Bike Week. The deaths last year were mostly preventable. Despite the shadow these accidents cast, it's nice to meet up with people who share your passion and hobby.

It's the same here for Myrtle Beach Bike Week. The deaths last year were mostly preventable. Despite the shadow these accidents cast, it's nice to meet up with people who share your passion and hobby. Take this place for example. Do you agree with the riding styles, bike styles, or opinions of everyone here? Probably not, but it's nice to meet so many people who love what you love.

itgirl
05-14-2008, 03:42 PM
It's the same here for Myrtle Beach Bike Week. The deaths last year were mostly preventable. Despite the shadow these accidents cast, it's nice to meet up with people who share your passion and hobby.

It's the same here for Myrtle Beach Bike Week. The deaths last year were mostly preventable. Despite the shadow these accidents cast, it's nice to meet up with people who share your passion and hobby. Take this place for example. Do you agree with the riding styles, bike styles, or opinions of everyone here? Probably not, but it's nice to meet so many people who love what you love.

deja vu? deja vu? :lol:

(u repeated yourself, silly)

Mr Lefty
05-14-2008, 04:21 PM
it's probably because she posted then hit back and edited it... instead of double posts... it merged them...

or... she's insane... I vote the later

ceo012384
05-14-2008, 06:11 PM
it's probably because she posted then hit back and edited it... instead of double posts... it merged them...

or... she's insane... I vote the later
Another vote for the latter here, for sure.

nhgunnut
05-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Just a reminder, and to say that I Me and a friend will be up there on heavy Cruisers on Tuesday

06-08-2008, 09:12 PM
WHen is laconia again I am way too lazy to look it up

nhgunnut
06-10-2008, 07:03 AM
WHen is laconia again I am way too lazy to look it up

6/14/08 -6/22/08