PDA

View Full Version : The most important breakthrough in motorcycle safety this decade

PiZdETS
05-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Finally... (http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/special-motorcycle-sandal.htm)
http://g.photos.cx/MotorSandal-ea.jpg
http://g.photos.cx/MotorSandal2-fb.jpg

Do your boots have fluorescent night vision? Didn't think so, time to upgrade.

I thought I've seen everything... but nooooo.

Bata (http://www.bata.com/) http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/New-window.gif/$file/New-window.gif (http://www.bata.com/), one of world's leading shoe manufacturers, have released a special, wait for it... biker sandal!

That's correct, in Bangladesh, they've released the MotoSandal (made in Indonesia)

The MotoSandal is a sandal that has been released with bikers in mind. Now, I've got to ask... why is the sandal special?

According to the manufacturer, it offers protection! The sandal is a real sandal, i.e., it is open on all sides, so where's the protection?

The press data states that it's "exhaust heat resistant". But most of the sandal is open, so maybe the strap is protected from the exhaust heat, but 90% of the foot isn't.

They show the right sandal, and then say that the top is "gear shaft protected".... what kind of motorcycles do they ride..??

And what happens when a car rides over the foot when you're stopped at the lights... boots protect, sandals don't... even in Bangladesh...

NONE_too_SOFT
05-07-2008, 08:41 AM
over there they're all riding fiddies and mopeds down the street in 190* weather. i dont think they had us hard core sport bikers in mind.

but yea, what a joke. sad thing is, they will get bought.

Rider
05-07-2008, 08:49 AM
:wtf: Some idiot is going to buy that shit too...

NONE_too_SOFT
05-07-2008, 08:50 AM
:wtf: Some idiot is going to buy that shit too...

some idiot? every person that buys that thing is an idiot.

imagine a rock hittin your toe on the highway at 80 mph... freaking PAINFUL.

NeonspeedRT
05-07-2008, 09:10 AM
OMG. You have got to be kidding me. Wow. Just when you thought things couldn't get any squidler. The motosandal comes along :?:

Rider
05-07-2008, 09:11 AM
OMG. You have got to be kidding me. Wow. Just when you thought things couldn't get any squidler. The motosandal comes along :?:

You could buy some for Stunt4life as a gift. :lol:

Katherine
05-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Those would sell like hotcakes here. People love to ride in flip flops.

fnfalman
05-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I think that it goes beautifully with a chromed turtle shell and a Corona wifebeater.

NeonspeedRT
05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I think that it goes beautifully with a chromed turtle shell and a Corona wifebeater.

Yup. Those sandals need to be added to the GSXR owners welcome kit :dthumb:

t-homo
05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Yup. Those sandals need to be added to the GSXR owners welcome kit :dthumb:

:zowned:

Captain Morgan
05-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Wow. I really hope that is just some sort of photo-joke. If not...

Dnyce
05-08-2008, 01:15 AM
how do those flip floppers shift? seems like its gotta hurt

Amber Lamps
05-08-2008, 03:38 AM
some idiot? every person that buys that thing is an idiot.

imagine a rock hittin your toe on the highway at 80 mph... freaking PAINFUL.

I don't have to imagine...I used to wear my Sketchers on my V-Max to goto the beach all the time! Yeowtch!!! I still have those sandals,they are indestructable! I agree with the girl from SC,everyone wears sandals and flip flops down here on their bikes all the time. Especially passengers! Some girl wearing a mini skirt and hooker pumps wanted me to give her a ride Fri night. Oh well,I learned the hard way...

azoomm
05-08-2008, 08:30 AM
God help us all...

DLIT
05-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Whoever invented those are a genius! I'm never wearing proper boots again.

ceo012384
05-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Awesome, order me a pair!

itgirl
05-08-2008, 09:19 PM
those sandals are gonna be a freakin' goldmine! too bad i didn't come up with the idea first. someone's gonna get rich.

Rider
05-09-2008, 08:05 AM
those sandals are gonna be a freakin' goldmine! too bad i didn't come up with the idea first. someone's gonna get rich.

You'd look right at home on your Nightster with the HD crowd. :lol:

itgirl
05-09-2008, 08:06 AM
You'd look right at home on your Nightster with the HD crowd. :lol:

:lol: i don't think they quite match my leather halter top i wear when riding. i need something with more of a stripper heel.

fatburg
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
http://g.photos.cx/MotorSandal2-fb.jpg

"Exhaust Heat resistant" Is this intended to be a heat shield, or they just saying it won't melt, haha

:lol: i don't think they quite match my leather halter top i wear when riding. i need something with more of a stripper heel.

:nopicsbs:

comonboys
05-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Those would sell like hotcakes here. People love to ride in flip flops.

Here too... even when it's only in the 50s or 60s....

NONE_too_SOFT
05-09-2008, 11:02 PM
http://g.photos.cx/MotorSandal-ea.jpg

because what are those little wiggly things sticking out of your feet? Do you need them?

ceo012384
05-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Looks like these would be perfect for this guy and his old lady.... obviously the recent crash damage and snapped off frame slider were probably due to an error caused by his inferior flip-flops. These sick riding flop-flops would have fixed that.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/img_0220.jpg

NONE_too_SOFT
05-13-2008, 11:06 PM
i bet that chick is hot.

i wanna pick up some hot bike chicks down there this year, you down?

Katherine
05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
I love that he thought enough to put on gloves but left off the sleeves on his shirt. So hot!

Mrs. Colleen
05-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Why is he wearing the backpack? :lol: Wouldn't it be much more comfortable for her if she wore it? Unless that is his protective gear.

ceo012384
05-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Why is he wearing the backpack? :lol: Wouldn't it be much more comfortable for her if she wore it?

Sense and practicality are clearly lost on this guy. What do you expect? Hell I'm surprised she isn't sitting on the bike backwards.

Mrs. Colleen
05-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Hell I'm surprised she isn't sitting on the bike backwards.

She would have to be wearing less clothes I think......

I am curious about the strap that is around her neck...

NONE_too_SOFT
05-15-2008, 10:55 PM
thats just the helmet strap blowin in the wind.

ceo012384
05-15-2008, 10:57 PM
I am curious about the strap that is around her neck...
Her helmet isn't fastened.

edit: yeah nts.

Mrs. Colleen
05-15-2008, 11:03 PM
thats just the helmet strap blowin in the wind.

That sounds painful! When I had longer hair it would whip my neck pretty back...I would imagine a helmet strap would not feel any better.

Her helmet isn't fastened.

edit: yeah nts.

And what a douche bag for not helping her. When I first started riding on the back of my honey's bike he would fasten my helmet or check it every time we went out.

PiZdETS
05-15-2008, 11:04 PM
That sounds painful! When I had longer hair it would whip my neck pretty back...I would imagine a helmet strap would not feel any better.

No worry, they're both probably dead now.
Problem solved and gene pool doubly improved!

NONE_too_SOFT
05-15-2008, 11:07 PM

And what a douche bag for not helping her. When I first started riding on the back of my honey's bike he would fasten my helmet or check it every time we went out.

sometimes i forget to tuck mine and it smacks the shit out of my neck. it is hurt at around 80 mph.

it is fastened, but the strap is not buttoned or tucked.

JoJoYZF
05-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah I just did that same thing the other day. It reminds you that you didnt snap it with a nice whip to the throat. From there I remembered to snap it up.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-16-2008, 06:27 AM
ah nothing like trying to secure your chin strap at 80 mph while riding one handed.

Phenix_Rider
05-16-2008, 07:56 AM
ah nothing like trying to secure your chin strap at 80 mph while riding one handed.

First time it hapened, scared the shit out of me. Thought there was something wrong with my bike or helmet because the tab was beating on the side of my lid making a ton of noise. Heck of a feat (sp?) for a new rider.

Mr Lefty
05-16-2008, 07:59 AM
I've done it a couple times... first time I forgot to secure my helmet completely... got about an 1/8th of a mile... and the fuck'n thing was slapping my neck I was like... OH FUCK! :lol: didn't know what the fuck was going on... then I realized... pulled over and fixed it...

t-homo
05-17-2008, 12:59 AM

Its hard enough trying to fasten it with two hands with gloves on standing still. Do those quick clips for straps work well at all, as in stay together in a wreck?

Hell I'm surprised she isn't sitting on the bike backwards.

As long as the bike was still and she was in front of me naked that wouldn't be half bad...

Amber Lamps
05-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Its hard enough trying to fasten it with two hands with gloves on standing still. Do those quick clips for straps work well at all, as in stay together in a wreck?

As long as the bike was still and she was in front of me naked that wouldn't be half bad...

I've had a few helmets that came with quick connects and I've used a quick connect "kit" on a helmet in the past. I never had any problems with them and maybe I'm too trusting but I can't see how they could sell them for all these years if they failed in a crash...

Dnyce
05-17-2008, 03:21 AM
i thought all the decent helmets had a button the strap so you dont have to tuck it?

that dudes a jackass for not checking her helmet-but c'mon, she should have enough common sense to ask if she cant do it herself....then again based on what they are wearing-common sense isnt their strong point lol