PDA

View Full Version : New Gear!

Phenix_Rider
05-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Got my Cortech Adrenaline gloves on tuesday. SO NICE!:dthumb: They are the best feeling gloves I have ever tried on. Kangaroo palm with plastic main knuckle protector and smaller rubberized bits on the fingers. Perforations on the inside between the fingers to keep cool, and a vent under the back of the knuckle protector. I was stuck in traffic a good part of my trip last night- 75 degrees with no airflow and my legs were cooking from the engine, but my hands were cool.

Well, I had a longer review written, but my browser glitched. In short, these things rock! They're nicer than the Scarab RRs I had in that there's no extra material or throttle slippage. I rodered a size smaller and they are perfect!

http://www.tourmaster.com/images/products/h_o7_black_black.jpg

See this space for a review of my A* jacket when it comes.

z06boy
05-08-2008, 09:57 AM
How much $$ ? I like the look. :dthumb:

Rider
05-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Nice gloves.. :dthumb:

fnfalman
05-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I've been really happy with the Cortech SCARAB and Winter SCARAB. I don't know how well they'd perform at high speed crashes, but they are comfortable and the prices are at around $70/pair.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-08-2008, 10:21 AM
yez, my gloves commin today too. i think im gonna wear them out driving.

marko138
05-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Good looking gloves.

JoJoYZF
05-08-2008, 11:14 AM
yez, my gloves commin today too. i think im gonna wear them out driving.

Just dont try to be as sweet as ceo with the helmet and all while driving.

Phenix_Rider
05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I've been really happy with the Cortech SCARAB and Winter SCARAB. I don't know how well they'd perform at high speed crashes, but they are comfortable and the prices are at around $70/pair.

Well, I tested my Scarabs at about 40mph and they did their job. Rode the right glove and my jacket sleeve for about 35 feet till I ran out of pavement. Couple scuffs all around the right glove, with the most obvious damage being the palm carbon was ground completely off. The plastic/kevlar stuff underneath held up.

The Adrenaline cost $89.99 at Motorcycle-Superstore, but I got a K+N filter at the same time and used a $5 off coupon and got free shipping. Total came in at $97. Another great thing about the Cortech gloves- the gauntlets actually fit over my jacket cuffs. I tried on a pair of Shift SR-1s that didn't. Glove felt good, but the small gauntlet was a no-go.

Ordered my A* Stunt 2 jacket from Sportbike Track Gear last Monday. (15% off:wink:) I was disappointed it didn't show up that week, but I called them yesterday and cleared things up, so I should have it today or tomorrow. They shipped it later that day.

Found a guy with a set of wheels. Soon as he gets back from vacation, I'm going to buy them. Also have a connection at work for race take offs. Just have to wait on another paycheck for my race plastics and I'm set!!:guf:

Phenix_Rider
05-08-2008, 03:33 PM
:willy:My jacket arrived!! It's sitting at home waiting for me!:drool:

Phenix_Rider
05-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Got my jacket! Nice. Leather is thick, jacket feels solid- exactly what I expect from A*. Blue looks great, but I didn't realize the bottom was silver, not white. Doesn't really match my Track pants, but who cares?

Couple gripes though. It gets real tight at the elbow when I bend my arm all the way, and the elbow armor feels a little off, and the sleeves are a bit short. The torso fits right though. The zipper mates to my pants, but the jacket side is about 1.5" longer. The zipper's not a problem (I think), but I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can get a tall size.