05-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Gratz!!!!!!!!!!

marko138
05-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Nice man. Details?

upshift
05-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Nice man. Details?

Got up this morining, got a call from a friend saying he found a deal on a bike but I had to trade my dirtbike, asked him if he would take $1000 cash, he said yeah...so yeah I got it. Ill have more details tonight. Its raining so I cant ride it right now so Im just sitting in the garage staring at it making VROOM VRROM noises :lol:

Crazy
05-08-2008, 04:18 PM
GOOD DEAL yay for Upshift its been a long time coming. congrats!!! now ride the hell out of it

Cutty72
05-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Nice work... so you got it for a G? :dthumb:

you know... you could start it... it makes it's own VROOM noise. :wink:

Trip
05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Nice one man, glad ya got yourself one.

t-homo
05-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Way to steal my thread title cunt. haha. Congratulations though. All of the waiting has finally paid off huh?

Lamnidae
05-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Update your profile info slacker... Gotta put that 250 on it!

ceo012384
05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Awesome dude!!!!!

Now ride the shit out of it :cheers:

Lamnidae
05-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Awesome dude!!!!!

Now ride the shit out of it :cheers:

werd.....

(sorry, no real need for this post, just trying to :pwhore2: a bit)

Smittie61984
05-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Congrats man. Now you can hit up the GSB/BSB rides. And the Newbie rides too.

Fuck I wish my buddy didn't sell his Ninja250. Well actually my buddy wish he kept it too and got the SV650 on top of that because he did like cruising his hood on it.

jalaan1
05-08-2008, 06:23 PM
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

yet another new bike purchase.
i fell left out. wish finances (along with some more experience) were straight.

upshift
05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Way to steal my thread title cunt. haha. Congratulations though. All of the waiting has finally paid off huh?

Shit yeah :rockwoot:

Update your profile info slacker... Gotta put that 250 on it!

Ill be right on it!

Aight, for some info on it: It has 22k miles on it and is a little beat up but nothing I cant fix pretty easily. New back tire is going to be put on soon cus the one it has on is pretty slick. Adam was riding it to my house and it started to rain and the rear started to fishtail around. So yeah thats the first item on the list. Then theres some cracks around one of the screws and a small one on the same side at the edge. Last thing on the to do list is get some flushmounts. The left stalk is about to fall off so I really want to get that fixed ASAP. Its raining right now and I really want to ride. Not to mention I have to work the rest of the weekend :bash: Ill be sure to tell all about my first ride tho.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-08-2008, 07:32 PM

fuck you .

you both are unoriginal douche bags...

congrats.

Lamnidae
05-08-2008, 07:46 PM
fuck you .

congrats.

NtS.... he stole your title.... that douche stole my god damned Sig Block. :dthumb:

NONE_too_SOFT
05-08-2008, 07:47 PM
thats why i make my own sigs... no chance somebody is gonna mistake it for somebody elses

Lamnidae
05-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I will when I get home and get a few more pix of the battleship to chop together.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-08-2008, 07:49 PM
if ya need help pm me.

Lamnidae
05-08-2008, 07:53 PM
will do sir.

upshift
05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
fuck you .

congrats.

Damn right. Dont you feel good that you created the most original thread title that we couldnt top it? :lol:

Crazy
05-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Trip I think you should just merge all three threads :lol:

t-homo
05-08-2008, 10:13 PM
fuck you .

congrats.

haha. I was hoping you would see that.

fnfalman
05-09-2008, 04:00 PM
2-in-1 Yoshimura exhaust + removing the airbox lid + K&N air filter = :dthumb:

PhiSig1071
05-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Upshift, Outstanding Choice!

That thing will make a great track bike, and it'll be good for commuting too. That will teach you EVERYTHING about corner speed, and you will have an absolute BLAST riding rings around guys on 1k's on the track.

That is about the perfect beginner track bike, have fun!

PiZdETS
05-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Good shot. I say you take off the bodywork, put on some dirt bike bars and chop the muffler.

Carolina
05-10-2008, 05:18 PM
good bike mane i know you been waiting a long time congrats

upshift
05-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks all for the congrats :dthumb: I finally got to actually ride it today (rained the day I got it and got sick yesterday). Man its a different beast than my dirtbike. I almost dropped it the first time I tried to turn it around in the parking lot cus...well I didnt know it wanted to ram intself into the ground while turning :lol: I now know what the term counter steer actually means. As I was riding it today I finally got a feel for the turning and the other newb stuff. I only got a chance to take it around the neighborhood about 20 times but Ill tell you something, I have found my new love :rockout:

One question tho...why do some bikes dip toward the ground at slow speeds while others, mainly FT's Hyosung 250, do not. I have ridden his and it rides like my dirtbike. Kinda weird.

PhiSig1071
05-10-2008, 11:56 PM
One question tho...why do some bikes dip toward the ground at slow speeds while others, mainly FT's Hyosung 250, do not. I have ridden his and it rides like my dirtbike. Kinda weird.

Probably not an actually physical tendency as much as a perceived tendency due to the clip-on style bars having less leverage than the wider dirt bike inspired bars on the 250. :idk:

upshift
05-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Probably not an actually physical tendency as much as a perceived tendency due to the clip-on style bars having less leverage than the wider dirt bike inspired bars on the 250. :idk:

Thats what I was thinking but I think my bars are actually wider than his which makes no sense to me. My dirtbike doesnt do that at all. Maybe it just depends on the positioning/weight of the bike cus Adam said his old R6 did it and also his old Katana. Just takes a little getting used to.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 10:57 AM
whatever you are experiencing is just the diference between going from a dirtbike to a street bike. you'll get used to it easily.

Smittie61984
05-11-2008, 07:38 PM

Put some air in the tires. When I first got my F3 and rode it around it kept wanting to dive. Put some air in and fixed it.

marko138
05-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Put some air in the tires. When I first got my F3 and rode it around it kept wanting to dive. Put some air in and fixed it.
Def. make sure the air pressure is where it needs to be. Have you taken the MSF? If not you NEED to. They will teach you about low speed turning.

upshift
05-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Def. make sure the air pressure is where it needs to be. Have you taken the MSF? If not you NEED to. They will teach you about low speed turning.

I might need to try that. I havent checked the air pressure. Today is overhaul day for it and Im going to try to fix as much as I can on it.

I want to take the MSF but Im going to have to wait until finances build back up. Ive kinda got the hang of it now but Im going to wait to get on the open road so I can practice my safety stuff (emergency braking and stuff of that sort).

PhiSig1071
05-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I might need to try that. I havent checked the air pressure. Today is overhaul day for it and Im going to try to fix as much as I can on it.

I want to take the MSF but Im going to have to wait until finances build back up. Ive kinda got the hang of it now but Im going to wait to get on the open road so I can practice my safety stuff (emergency braking and stuff of that sort).

Take the MSF! It will teach you everything. Some of it may be remedial to you, but it's well worth it. I know in FL if you're under 21 you have to take it in order to get a license.

marko138
05-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Take the MSF! It will teach you everything. Some of it may be remedial to you, but it's well worth it. I know in FL if you're under 21 you have to take it in order to get a license.
It should be required everywhere!

upshift
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
It should be required everywhere!

:iagree: They just need to make it a little cheaper here. $250 is a little too much IMHO.

marko138
05-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm spoiled...it's free in PA. As is the ERC...which I'm taking this summer.

upshift
05-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm spoiled...it's free in PA. As is the ERC...which I'm taking this summer.

Yeah see now if it was free here I would have already taken it three times over :lol: Im glad I dont live in TN tho I think its $300 there. :panic:

BTW any ideas on how to fix this?
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/upshift12/DSCF0553.jpg

More damage pics in my blog.

fpzx10
05-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Congrats. Have fun on that thing :rockwoot:

upshift
05-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Congrats. Have fun on that thing :rockwoot:

Thanks man :dthumb:

upshift
05-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I think Im going to take the stickers off today too. Anyone think that would be a bad Idea? The previous owner spray painted them black so Im thinking it may actually look better without them on.

PhiSig1071
05-12-2008, 03:55 PM
It would look better without the stickers IMO.

As for the cracks, about the only thing I can think is get some fast drying plastic epoxy, glue everything back together, then sand, prime and paint it. You could also possibly glass over it and repaint it.

Mr Lefty
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
:iagree: They just need to make it a little cheaper here. $250 is a little too much IMHO.

wait till you take it... it's worth every penny of $250 and more. check with your mom to see if she'll loan you the amount for the course...

the reason we're kinda harsh about this is we don't want you to develop bad habits... bad habits are harder to break than just learning the right way the first time. ya know?

NONE_too_SOFT
05-12-2008, 04:24 PM
It would look better without the stickers IMO.

As for the cracks, about the only thing I can think is get some fast drying plastic epoxy, glue everything back together, then sand, prime and paint it. You could also possibly glass over it and repaint it.

try some of this

http://www.bizrate.com/automotivecare/oid731365554__nwylf--.html

or plastic epoxy from home depot should work good too, i think the stuff i used before was loctite plastic epoxy (sets in 7 minutes)... i'd go with the automotive stuff first though.

upshift
05-12-2008, 10:34 PM
wait till you take it... it's worth every penny of $250 and more. check with your mom to see if she'll loan you the amount for the course...

the reason we're kinda harsh about this is we don't want you to develop bad habits... bad habits are harder to break than just learning the right way the first time. ya know?

Oh yeah I would like to take it but I dont think my mom would lend me the money or my dad :lol: Im trying to fix up the bike right now (needs a new back tire, carbs cleaned [seafoam?], etc...) so I really dont have that much moolah right now. To tell the truth, I am trying to get this bike where I can make a fairly decent profit on it once I sell it so that I might be able to get a new 250.

try some of this

http://www.bizrate.com/automotivecare/oid731365554__nwylf--.html

or plastic epoxy from home depot should work good too, i think the stuff i used before was loctite plastic epoxy (sets in 7 minutes)... i'd go with the automotive stuff first though.

Thanks for the link :dthumb: Im looking for new fairings i think because when its all said and done with paint and all I may end up spending as much/more than in the long run. I found out that the lowermost fairing has a fairly large crack down the side of it. And when I took it off today to get to the engine to clean all the gunk off of it the bolts had been tightened so much that it cracked one of the tabs that you screw the bolt into and caused me to snap the other one off (plastic was real brittle too). So now the only way the bottom fairing will be able to stay on is by the three bolts on the left and one on the right. Ill have to get pics tomorrow. It kinda pisses me off how the guy I bought it from half assed everything he did to it.

Smittie61984
05-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Once you get some street seat time in screw the 250 and get a SV650. My buddy did that. Rode a 2006 Ninja250 that was really nice for about a month and 1/2(From no motorcycle experience at all) and then got a 2008 SV650s. So ride that 250 for a while and save up some cheddar then get you a nice used 01-02 SV650 and blow through them twisties. You can find them for $2500-3500 in good condition.

Or that's just a thought. For now concentrate on that Ninja250.