PDA

View Full Version : Help Afro-American Pac-Man Is Trying To Eat My Rear Axle Slider!!!

Amber Lamps
03-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Put stupid chain adjuster sliders on, I think it looks "funny"...Oh well.:idk:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/aa3e54fb.jpg

Homeslice
03-24-2010, 01:48 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: whats next, sliders for exhausts?

fasternyou929
03-24-2010, 01:56 AM
The good news is you no longer need to spend money on a trailer or your full-size truck. Just take any ol' car, connect a rope to your front forks and drag your bike wherever you're travelling. Shouldn't hurt a thing!

BobTheBiker
03-24-2010, 02:36 AM
jesus christ dude, get a new rear rotor. that one looks so fucked up it could pose as the grand canyon and get away with it.

Dnyce
03-24-2010, 02:39 AM
jesus christ dude, get a new rear rotor. that one looks so fucked up it could pose as the grand canyon and get away with it.

rear brakes are just for looks anyway lol

Particle Man
03-24-2010, 07:16 AM
rear brakes are just for looks anyway lol

:lol:

TYEster
03-24-2010, 08:01 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: whats next, sliders for exhausts?

Commonly used by supermoto's... (https://ssl.perfora.net/www.advancedperformanceaccessories.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154ba9fe8125dd0/shopdata/0020_SUPERMOTO+=26amp=3Bslash=3B+DIRT+TRACK+=26amp =3Bslash=3B+STREET+=26amp=3Bslash=3B+ROAD+RACE/0025_Supermoto+Muffler+Slider+/product_details.shopscript?article=0062_Muffler%2B Slider%2BFull%2B%3D28MS2%3D29)

derf
03-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Commonly used by supermoto's... (https://ssl.perfora.net/www.advancedperformanceaccessories.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154ba9fe8125dd0/shopdata/0020_SUPERMOTO+=26amp=3Bslash=3B+DIRT+TRACK+=26amp =3Bslash=3B+STREET+=26amp=3Bslash=3B+ROAD+RACE/0025_Supermoto+Muffler+Slider+/product_details.shopscript?article=0062_Muffler%2B Slider%2BFull%2B%3D28MS2%3D29)

that is an awesome idea, but I would think that it would crush the muffler being that thin and taking a hit like that

TYEster
03-24-2010, 08:29 AM
that is an awesome idea, but I would think that it would crush the muffler being that thin and taking a hit like that

As opposed to....... The muffler hitting the ground directly and crushing anyway?

Particle Man
03-24-2010, 08:48 AM
As opposed to....... The muffler hitting the ground directly and crushing anyway?

:lol: damn you and your logic

tommymac
03-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I think bikes should just be made of derlin plastic, see problem solved :lol:

Particle Man
03-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I think bikes should just be made of derlin plastic, see problem solved :lol:that's kinda like "if the black box always survives how come the whole plane isn't made out of it?" :lol:

Rider
03-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I think bikes should just be made of derlin plastic, see problem solved :lol:

Delrin you mean?:lol

tommymac
03-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Delrin you mean?:lol

that too :lol:

Amber Lamps
03-24-2010, 10:53 AM

Um...they do make those, CEO has one on his race bike.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseType/Exhaust_Protectors.aspx

About $60.

Homeslice
03-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I could see how an exhaust slider helps the bike slide with less friction instead of catching on something causing it to flip, but if some poser street rider thinks he should buy one, he's stupid IMO. Think about this, if he knocks his bike over, the slider will make it more likely for the exhaust to get bent, because it sticks out further. Yeah it might prevent scrapes, but I would rather get my exhaust scraped rather than bent.

dReWpY
03-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I could see how an exhaust slider helps the bike slide with less friction instead of catching on something causing it to flip, but if some poser street rider thinks he should buy one, he's stupid IMO. Think about this, if he knocks his bike over, the slider will make it more likely for the exhaust to get bent, because it sticks out further. Yeah it might prevent scrapes, but I would rather get my exhaust scraped rather than bent.
i disagree, anytime someone does something to prevent damage from a fall, which we know there are two types of riders, ones that have crashed and ones that are going to crash, i cant call that a squidly move, i call it accident preparation and should be something that is promoted, not laughed at

tommymac
03-24-2010, 12:57 PM
i disagree, anytime someone does something to prevent damage from a fall, which we know there are two types of riders, ones that have crashed and ones that are going to crash, i cant call that a squidly move, i call it accident preparation and should be something that is promoted, not laughed at

So should we all get stunt cages too :lol:

Homeslice
03-24-2010, 12:58 PM

If it bends your exhaust rather than scraping it, where's the benefit?

dReWpY
03-24-2010, 01:07 PM
you can unbend somethings, you cant unscrape it

Amber Lamps
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM

Truth! I'm starting to wonder if HS even has a bike.... How do we know that he isn't some 13 year old kid messing around on his Dad's computer?:idk: I'll say it again, four crashes, replaced body panels, drove away.:rockwoot:

Amber Lamps
03-24-2010, 06:57 PM
So should we all get stunt cages too :lol:

Hey, unless they interfrer with normal operation, why not? Just so people won't laugh at you? Who'll be laughing when your bikes get knocked over and you pick yours up and ride away?....:lol:

Homeslice
03-24-2010, 07:01 PM
you can unbend somethings, you cant unscrape it

Nor can you unbend it all the time

As for stunt cages, in a high-speed crash they might catch and flip the bike, unless you put sliders on the endpoints of the cage. Suffice it to say, I haven't seen many racers with cages, lol.

I've crashed and tipped over many times, and a simple set of frame sliders, bar-end sliders, and spool sliders was enough to prevent major damage. The pegs helped protect things as well. Most dudes take off their passenger pegs cuz they're "uncool", lol. Of course if I was racing they'd be gone.

Gas Man
03-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Looks good really.

I agree... with all the great detail to your bike I can't believe you have that old busted stock rotor on there... I'm actually disappointed.

Amber Lamps
03-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Looks good really.

I agree... with all the great detail to your bike I can't believe you have that old busted stock rotor on there... I'm actually disappointed.

Oh no, et tu' Brute'? I didn't respond to the others because I felt that it was beneath me. The type of pads I use tend to leave some black residue on the rotors. My fronts look about the same and they are brand new. If I remember tomorrow, I'll take before and after pics once I clean it. Yeesh.

Gas Man
03-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Ok... now go shake hands with the cleaning...

Amber Lamps
03-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Ok... now go shake hands with the cleaning...

Better?

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/fca0f261.jpg

Cutty72
03-28-2010, 05:31 PM
now clean your chain :lol:

Amber Lamps
03-28-2010, 06:28 PM
now clean your chain :lol:

Teflon lube...not sure if I like it yet.