PDA

View Full Version : Help Installing Flushmounts

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm stuck trying to get the front fairing off my bike. I've taken the three bolts on the outside of the fairing off, and i've taken the two large bolts that hold the front off as well, but i cant seem to figure it out. I know there are a lot of plastic screws and such holding stuff together, but i've never messed with these before and dont know exactly how to get them off. can anybody shed some light on the situation?

dReWpY
05-11-2008, 06:46 PM
the plastic tabs and screws suck balls, the only down side on the hondas are those damn psuch rivots

DLIT
05-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Push rivots are easy as fuck to take out. Just push the center part inward and pull the whole thing out.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 06:49 PM
yea thats what i thought, but hows bout the little guys w/ the phillips head? fucking turn those things forever and nothing happens (yes i know they arent screws)

DLIT
05-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Turn them until they rise a little bit and then pry the base up and out. Real easy.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Turn them until they rise a little bit and then pry the base up and out. Real easy.

thx again dlit.

DLIT
05-11-2008, 07:08 PM
thx again dlit.

Word. Can't tell you how long it took me to realize you just had to push the center of the push rivots in. I felt like a new man when I discovered that.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 07:14 PM
i can relate.

i fucking hate asking stupid questions like that, but ffs trying to force one little thing like that can end up costing you 800 dollars in the long run if you fuck something else up.

Mrs. Colleen
05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Service Manual FTW. :dthumb:

I could not get the tail off my bike the other day...looked in the book...you have to take other pieces off first and there are sneaky little tabs in weird places. :tt:

Phenix_Rider
05-11-2008, 08:31 PM

I could not get the tail off my bike the other day...looked in the book...you have to take other pieces off first and there are sneaky little tabs in weird places. :tt:

Ditto with the uppers on mine. There are three screws underneath pieces where you'd never think to look. One goes to a frame tab, and two go to the headlight surround. Try to force it, and *SNAP*. Luckily, mine was broken the first time I took it off and I could see everything.:idk:

p00kienrayray
05-11-2008, 08:57 PM
yea be careful not to snap any when prying.

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 09:23 PM

yea, i'll be picking up a SM soon for sure.

jobs all done, no problems, they look frickin sweet.

Mr Lefty
05-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Word. Can't tell you how long it took me to realize you just had to push the center of the push rivots in. I felt like a new man when I discovered that.

:lol: yeah... I busted countless ones when installing car stereo that we ordered them think'n they were just meant to break... one day my installer figured out about pushing the middle... :rofl: yeah... I think I still have about 50lbs of those things in my storage in AK...

Trip
05-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I demand pics of the new signals. I looked for those arrows and all I have is the oval short stalk minis. I think I gave the arrows to someone local, maybe M1$3R

NONE_too_SOFT
05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
check the aftermarket and mods section,

put a little write up and some pics there.