PDA

View Full Version : ninja 250

azoomm
04-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Is ridiculous on the street. Like, laugh out loud retarded fun to ride. I took my daughter's bike to get inspected today. And, giggled the entire time.

KSGregman
04-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Pics or it NEVAH happened!! :lmao:

Cutty72
04-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Yup... it's crazy jumping off of an R1 and onto that... and trying to keep up! :lol:
But it is stupid light and easy to throw around.

azoomm
04-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Pics or it NEVAH happened!! :lmao:

OK!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/9762eafe.jpg

KSGregman
04-07-2010, 03:47 PM
OK!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/9762eafe.jpg

Nice!!!!

That is a sharp looking bike.

HokieDNA01
04-07-2010, 03:54 PM
People always asked why I didn't want to upgrade sooner. Damn thing is just fun as hell to spank. I miss mine

Dnyce
04-07-2010, 04:42 PM
nice color choice too, i want one

Particle Man
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I haven't ridden the new style, but I've ridden the older body style mini-ninja and I had so much freakin' fun railing that thing it wasn't even funny :lol:

At some point, I'd like to add a newer style one to my stable just to screw around on

azoomm
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
This thing is an angry scooter :lol:

CrazyKell
04-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I once rode a Honda CB450 and had the same reaction. Grinning and laughing the whole way!

Porkchop
04-07-2010, 07:19 PM
This is my backup plan....

Im a fat ass, but id rock it.... :rockwoot:

Gas Man
04-08-2010, 01:19 AM
This thing is an angry scooter :lol:
:lol: Luv it! That's awesome!!

04-08-2010, 01:21 AM
14K redline. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

Amber Lamps
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah...um, it's a great beginner's bike and okay in the tight stuff but day to day...no thanks! Absolutely perfect for your daughter though!:pebbs:

HurricaneHeather
04-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I'd buy another. :lol:

04-09-2010, 12:16 AM
I dunno. I've been on rides with liter bikes, and while I'm not saying they didn't leave me behind at times, I can tell you that they never lost me. I think a smaller bike can make you a better rider. I also think if *I* had a liter bike, I'd likely be dead by now. I'm too much of a fucking gearhead, and I usually wring my toys out for all they're worth. Frankly, most sport bikes are so beyond what is needed or even usable on the street (without fear of arrest), that it's just overkill. So I wring it out 98% of the time. It's like driving a VW bug...no one knows you're spanking the fucking bajesus out of it, white knuckling the damn thing, and having a total blast. Something bigger would probably just be a waste, or worse, a temptation.

It does 110, 115 if you lay on the tank, and it gets there reasonably quickly. That'll do.

Still, if anyone wants to gift me a 916 Duc, I think I'd probably ride it instead.

:lol:

azoomm
04-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Well said.

Amber Lamps
04-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Well said.

sour grapes...:lol:

Seriously for a starter bike it can't be beat but if you are trying to say that you can hang with litre bikes on average roads... Well I'm going to call b.s. The only reason you aren't left for dead its that they choose not to leave you.:lol: That's like saying that your Prius can hang with Vettes because you do it on the freeway every morning on the way to work.

Again the baby ninja is a great starter bike but that's it.

azoomm
04-09-2010, 09:31 AM
sour grapes...:lol:

Seriously for a starter bike it can't be beat but if you are trying to say that you can hang with litre bikes on average roads... Well I'm going to call b.s. The only reason you aren't left for dead its that they choose not to leave you.:lol: That's like saying that your Prius can hang with Vettes because you do it on the freeway every morning on the way to work.

Again the baby ninja is a great starter bike but that's it.

Awwwwww, you're so cute when you're defending your position...

Amber Lamps
04-09-2010, 09:41 AM

You're just cure period. Would you like to fly over here and hang out? Seriously we did just get rid of one so I do know what I'm talking about. Anyway I'm glad for your daughter it's the absolutely perfect bike for a teenage girl or teenage girl- like men...:lol:

Amber Lamps
04-09-2010, 09:42 AM

You're just cute period. Would you like to fly over here and hang out? Seriously we did just get rid of one so I do know what I'm talking about. Anyway I'm glad for your daughter it's the absolutely perfect bike for a teenage girl or teenage girl- like men...:lol:

Full Throttle
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Ive ridden the older ninja and the new ninja and i still would rather have my Hyosung. I know most people on here may not like the Hyo but the damn bike has a 110mm front tire(mine is a 120mm) and 150mm rear tire. Thats almost as big as 600cc bike tires. The damn thing has a huge footprint for a 250. Here are the specs for the two bikes and by the numbers the Hyo takes the cake. More Horsepower, Larger rear tire, Larger front forks, and Bigger brake rotors. The V-Twin is set at a 75 degree angle to maximize power without having to have 14k+ RPMs(10,500 redline) . Now the Ninja does lead in seat height by 1/2" and it has .25gal larger tank. However the Hyo gets 60-80mpg and the ninja only gets 50-65mpg so the Hyo has a much longer range. Now you look for yourself. Some of the things in the Ninja page need to be converted from metric but ive done some of it for you.

Ninja 250 Hyosung
hp=25 hp=27
TQ=16.7 TQ=16.7
Fuel=4.75gal Fuel=4.5gal

http://kawasaki.com.au/kawpublic_docs/spec_sheets/ex250j9f.pdf

http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/product/spec.asp?cat=RoadSports&model=GT250R

Mr Lefty
04-17-2010, 11:22 PM
that's how I feel about my DRZ... not gonna set any land speed records... but I grin ear to ear every time I get on it!.

My lil bro had a 02... bastard sold it... I wanted him to sell it to me... but that's prior to the DRZ as I wanted it to commute on (70mpg!)

Full Throttle
04-17-2010, 11:28 PM
that's how I feel about my DRZ... not gonna set any land speed records... but I grin ear to ear every time I get on it!.

My lil bro had a 02... bastard sold it... I wanted him to sell it to me... but that's prior to the DRZ as I wanted it to commute on (70mpg!)

I would love to have a DRZ. I want to get one and put street tires on it and take that out. Man they look sick.

Mr Lefty
04-17-2010, 11:30 PM
I would love to have a DRZ. I want to get one and put street tires on it and take that out. Man they look sick.

just get the SM version... it's geared for the HWY... I've got the S... I love it...

Dave
04-18-2010, 12:34 AM
I once rode a Honda CB450 and had the same reaction. Grinning and laughing the whole way!

practically the same bike as my CM450. you can do silly things on those angry 33 horse weedwackers. i can even get it to powerwheelie in first with some big bounces

Full Throttle
04-18-2010, 12:40 AM
just get the SM version... it's geared for the HWY... I've got the S... I love it...

Key words in my post were "LOVE TO GET" lol. I aint got a penny to be spending on another bike. I want to sell mine now and get a 600 so im working on that. Any takers... please lol its posted on the For Sale Thread.

Cutty72
04-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Advantage of the Ninja is the dealer network. I don't know where to even go look at a hyosung.

azoomm
04-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Advantage of the Ninja is the dealer network. I don't know where to even go look at a hyosung.

And, the fact that it has a proven motor. The motor hasn't changed for YEARS....

Full Throttle
04-18-2010, 12:32 PM

Very true there is a much larger dealer network with the Ninja. But its not so much of big deal here for me i have 2 dealers in my area. And Southern Honda here in Chattanooga had them at one point but stopped selling them so if i needed anything done i could bring it there but i still just take it to the Dealer i bought it from. However i usually just go ask them some questions and then maybe buy something and then go fix it myself if i can.

Scot
04-25-2010, 07:55 PM
I had a 97 Ninja 250 for 4 years. I rode it a lot. (mostly commuting)
It was fun but tiring. 7000 RPMs and above for anything over 55mph kinda sucks. I was able to ride it aggressively but there was no way I was staying with someone on a 600SS if they decided it was time for me to get left. I can ride fairly aggressively on the street and pushing that thing was a little scary at times. I haven't ridden the new one yet, and I'm sure it's better in every way. Riding the 97 like my ass was on fire was fun, but I was pretty alert the whole time I was doing it. :)